test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    We're still continuing to investigate the cause. Fortunately, there are a variety of methods to get you in game. Please check the first post on how to get past the "stuck at loading screen" issue. Thanks!
  • dev6dev6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New bugs patched in every time! Just what I like doing with games, spending my time figuring out how to get into them. Maybe that should be the prize. Figuring out how to get in the game, you win!
  • muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're still continuing to investigate the cause. Fortunately, there are a variety of methods to get you in game. Please check the first post on how to get past the "stuck at loading screen" issue. Thanks!

I tried all of what you got posted there none of it worked till I killed the Shader. All my other settings back to max workes great! well short of the 16x Antiallasing which allways crashes..so i runn that at 8x
  • laudimuslaudimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Got stuck at loading 100%, came to this forum to check the fix, skimmed a few pages, so maybe a minute or two total with NW still in background then the "press any key" msg popped up it loaded into Protector's Enclave just fine, all my usual graphics settings intact (everything maxed using a 660Ti).
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh sad panda.
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vykozpk wrote: »
    When you get in game, dont log out in protectors enclave, it seems to load just fine in any other zone, for instance at the pvp vendor area etc.

There seems to be no problem in zoning into protectors enclave from another zone, seems to be only when you load it from character select screen, that the bug appear.

I loaded into the Enclave from PvP and it stuck me.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?293381-my-lvl-40-is-stuck-on-his-initial-load-screen
  • inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Last edited by cmpinpointerror; Today at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added bold for emphasis.
    Let me see if I have this right... you've known about this problem for 9 hours... that's 9 hours of Saturday prime-time for users in Europe, and the only update (not to mention an actual fix) is simply to make the opening post a bit prettier..?

Utterly disgusting that you feel we deserve less priority, I appreciate that you need to sleep at some point, but opening a server in Europe will not only drastically reduce our lag issues but would also mean that you can provide a service to us while we are awake instead of waiting for your schoolboy trainee to get his bicycle out of the shed or ask his dad to take him into the office.
  • techcenterztechcenterz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    focusman wrote: »
    Safe mode works fine indd

i just press the windows key on the loading screen when stuck then 2 sec later "press any key" appears

i run in maximised window mode "due to weird scaling with my ATi gfx card"
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this - every patch has made the game worse...more laggy, more freezes and crashes and the gpu turns in the red...u should really test your patches and your engine

basically your new idiotic patch broke the game for me - patched, wanted to play this weekend - cant get passed the login screen, i tried a dozen times now - games broken...im waiting 48 hours, after that im gonna charge back my cc - no game, no money

It's simple stop playing... meanwhile I a Founder will log in with lower graphics, change up... and wait for them to patch this BETA / Soft launch and call it a day. Every whiner gone... makes my day brighter!
  • drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    inkiesquid wrote: »
    Let me see if I have this right... you've known about this problem for 9 hours... that's 9 hours of Saturday prime-time for users in Europe, and the only update (not to mention an actual fix) is simply to make the opening post a bit prettier..?

Utterly disgusting that you feel we deserve less priority, I appreciate that you need to sleep at some point, but opening a server in Europe will not only drastically reduce our lag issues but would also mean that you can provide a service to us while we are awake instead of waiting for your schoolboy trainee to get his bicycle out of the shed or ask his dad to take him into the office.

you should know by now that they give a horse **** about europe and european players, if they did they wouldnt do the maintenance always on euro prime time
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inkiesquid wrote: »

It's not just European's that want their own servers. I want my own NA servers as well, and I am sure EVERYONE wants BR to have their own servers. What kind of backwards-*** company doesn't have region locked servers, almost every other mmorpg does. Different people like to speak different languages and they should all be able to have their own servers.

Not only do they break the game every patch but they IGNORE the most important fixes. Cleric and GF have needed Threat and ability adjustments, respectively, since closed betas and still haven't got them. Everyone has requested a character select option instead of logout, still haven't got it. We all NEED a PROPER dungeon queue system, we still haven't got it and because of it have to suffer rampant kicks during Dungeon Delve events. We have all given feedback on how IMBALANCED to hell and back the dungeons are, to the point where we can see they did zero internal testing on the **** and are incapable of beating some of the T2+ dungeons themselves. Let's also not forget the AH ****-up. They did the SAME thing in STO on launch, and yet they coded the SAME bug once again for this game. How in the hell?

Incompetence. You ****ed up by launching a "beta" with a cash shop, and we tried to defend you saying it was PWE's fault. Then you go and make these coding bugs, game breaks and lack of features that you ignore each update. We can't blame PWE for that at all.

You are already losing players before the game has officially launched. Get your **** together and start listening to the players. There is no response needed, don't waste time, just go fix the **** game.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • wyendotwyendot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you are telling me that i cant load map unless i launch in safe mode wich is a bug, it's like behing told by the guy who sold me a car that i cant start it whit the key, just hijack it... ****ing broken game wish i could get a refound on that founder pack.
  • panserandpanserand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix for me was to set Detail Distance for World, Terrain and Character to 100% each.

Everything else I left as normal...windowed fullscreen, everything else at max.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    I am not sure anyone mentioned this, but I just ctrl/esc off that screen, then went back. It said press any key ... I did, and it was fine.

This was likely just a coincidence.
  • vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Same here....we need a patch to fix the patch.
  • rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    It's not just European's that want their own servers. I want my own NA servers as well, and I am sure EVERYONE wants BR to have their own servers. What kind of backwards-*** company doesn't have region locked servers, almost every other mmorpg does. Different people like to speak different languages and they should all be able to have their own servers.

Not only do they break the game every patch but they IGNORE the most important fixes. Cleric and GF have needed Threat and ability adjustments, respectively, since closed betas and still haven't got them. Everyone has requested a character select option instead of logout, still haven't got it. We all NEED a PROPER dungeon queue system, we still haven't got it and because of it have to suffer rampant kicks during Dungeon Delve events. We have all given feedback on how IMBALANCED to hell and back the dungeons are, to the point where we can see they did zero internal testing on the **** and are incapable of beating some of the T2+ dungeons themselves. Let's also not forget the AH ****-up. They did the SAME thing in STO on launch, and yet they coded the SAME bug once again for this game. How in the hell?

Incompetence. You ****ed up by launching a "beta" with a cash shop, and we tried to defend you saying it was PWE's fault. Then you go and make these coding bugs, game breaks and lack of features that you ignore each update. We can't blame PWE for that at all.

You are already losing players before the game has officially launched. Get your **** together and start listening to the players. There is no response needed, don't waste time, just go fix the **** game.

i hear you man i also feel the same way.. every update tend to become more of a problem rather than a fix... i can surely say PWE just acquire famous game rights just to make bucks out of it nothing more than give justice to the game title achievement in the past.. they just killing the game title with this kind of bull***ting...
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So we are waiting for a **** fix for 10 hours and the only solution is to **** up the graphics so we can play the game? Seems legit im starting to think you ppl have apes on your sytem engineer department.... Btw if you actually manage to kill the game in open beta you might aswell consider to shut down the company asap cause the game needs tons of fixxes and the last 10 patches have done jack **** about em.....

Fix it or close it already
  • cefarixcefarix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have the same problem here. Pressing any key does not fix it. Launching into Safe Mode does.
    These are my system specs, if it helps the devs:
    AMD FX-8350 4GHz
    16GB RAM
    Galaxy GTX 680 GC 2GB (underclocked by 50MHz on both GPU and RAM)
    Win 7 x64 Ultimate on OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    Game installed on OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD
  • shekjershekjer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happened to me few times too! but i waited, waited for 3-4 mins sometimes and then the game continued, no big deal, safe mode is ****!
  • inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 3-4 mins? you lucky bunny... I waited approx 30, then tried again, waited 45, tried again and got straight in, got disco'd when I went to the loo and then waited over 90 mins without any joy.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Happened to one of my low level alts. Pressing any key worked immediately.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • dataloss1dataloss1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you guys talk with your friends at STO, they seem to be having the same problem. Maybe compare patch notes and compare what might have been done the same. Considering both engines are almost identical with the same bugs. Getting more people working on the same problem at the same time usually helps finding a solution.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is suddenly happening to me..
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes waiting works for me and sometimes it doesn't. This is something they better get fixed quick. It's not like there aren't a zillion other MMO's out there. There's nothing so special about NW that I'm going to sit around waiting to play and i'm not going into safe mode and resetting graphics each time either. This whole 'soft launch' has been a shambles that should be embarrassing the **** out of some people and angering others.

It's a basic requirement of patches - don't break even more ****.
  • sarne1sarne1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going fullscreen fixed it for me.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    This was likely just a coincidence.

This is not.Minimizing and maximizing again works for me too
  • tormundatormunda Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried everything, my one character just will not load in.
    Gave up. Better things to do with my time!
  • seraphtcseraphtc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loading safe mode worked for me, but this is not an acceptable long term solution. No update since the initial one on this thread - would be nice to get some more information regarding the status of a fix.
  • xandurxandur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isnt just happening upon getting into the game from the character select screen. I was having this problem and had to get in with safe mode, however. I just left a party and was thrown back to the last place i was at, Protector's Enclave, and i'm stuck at the loading screen...

EDIT: I can provide a Windows Dump file if necessary.
    EDIT: Apparently i've been in the game while at the loading screen, but as soon as I was marked idle, the loading screen vanished and I was in the game.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    captgrizz wrote: »
    Thank you for all the hard work Dezstravus, you and the Cryptic team are doing an amazing job.

And what amazing job might that be? You mean the one where the patches keep breaking things? or how much of the basic game is not working correctly or the Heroic instances are still messed up? or how the Cleric pulls 10 times more agro then the Tank does? you mean that amazing job? and like the one we are now experiencing where you cant get past the load screen? that amazing job?