test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF- DPS build

Comments

• Options
    saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    belladan wrote: »
    Get rid of the armor pen and opt for second tier of the initiator for non-solo play. During dungeons that will provide a flat 5% damage over all %health values and increase your crit chance by 5%. During solo play, ya just need to pay attention to how dumb your pet is... ^_^

I've a similar build, now that I was able to respec out of the bleed. (dammed annoying not having diamonds.) Instead of maximizing "damage", try maximizing the downtime of your rotations.

On a side note, so long as our abilities are client side like the GF's block; we won't be able to maximize our dps rotations as the double-click is going to waste a number of our resources as well as un-syncing our ability follow-ups; if you use them.

(ps: I almost specced reaping strike bonus, but opted for speed over a big bang. Didn't like the "one mob only" aspect too much; would of preferred a smaller modifier so that it adds to the aoe value.)

Maximize down time... why would taking a bleed out do that. 4 piece avatar of war already does that. And makes you actually have to time your abilities. The bleed is actually good damage or the course of a fight. The whole reaping thing again. The damage of reaping is not at high as a WMS with lightning enchant. Seeing as it procs twice.... which means there are 2 times the chains, 2 times the damage adds, and 2 times the damage already. So we should not be using any other swing anyway. So putting points into a skill I "might" use once a year is pointless. As for the pet health one, I tried to ignore that but...wtf are you doing using a pet that can die? GET AN AUGMENT PET... they are a larger dps increase than a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pet.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • Options
    saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Last I checked, having an At-Will hit Dracholich for 35k every 2 seconds during Determination and every 3.5s without it is far from a waste. Learn how to min/max your class and what to expect from end-game encounters before misguiding leveling GWF's with ill-advice.

As our class stands now - Encounters are worthless in comparison to Reaping Strike for bosses. Bosses are always by themselves and adds are always being juggled/tossed away from the boss. You will always have the boss alone for that 25% dmg bonus.

Last I checked you were still a moron. See my group does not need to be pussies or *****es and knock adds over ledges or exploit fights in any manner... SO NO IT IS NOT A DPS INCREASE FOR ME. Thanks though. Cause the boss is not alone, ever. Cause we group them up and cleave them down. So please stop telling leveling gwfs how to exploit encounters and be terrible players. Don't like the guide leave and do not look at it. Don't like me good, bye.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    Last I checked you were still a moron. See my group does not need to be pussies or *****es and knock adds over ledges or exploit fights in any manner... SO NO IT IS NOT A DPS INCREASE FOR ME. Thanks though. Cause the boss is not alone, ever. Cause we group them up and cleave them down. So please stop telling leveling gwfs how to exploit encounters and be terrible players. Don't like the guide leave and do not look at it. Don't like me good, bye.

So juggling mobs is now exploiting? Good to know. Pro player here folks. Make sure to not spec for Reaping Strike so you can not be pussies or *****es.

Thanks for showing your intellect,

/thread
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So juggling mobs is now exploiting? Good to know. Pro player here folks. Make sure to not spec for Reaping Strike so you can not be pussies or *****es.

Thanks for showing your intellect,

/thread

So you can keep them juggled for the entire fight never letting any get away? EVERY add? get real we all know you knock them over the ledge or through door.

They would spawn to fast for you to just keep them all CCed. Anyone who has done the fight knows that. So stop please.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So you can keep them juggled for the entire fight never letting any get away? EVERY add? get real we all know you knock them over the ledge or through door.

They would spawn to fast for you to just keep them all CCed. Anyone who has done the fight knows that. So stop please.

It's quite easy to keep adds juggled. We run DC/CWx2/TR/GWF. Mages have NO problem keeping their action points full courtesy of shield bursting. Perhaps your mage should L2P so that you can then learn that 'not being a ***** or a *****' is less effective than demolishing the boss entirely.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok found why you are bad. Double CW. No need to speak to you anymore. You are arguing a point from a different group make up and trying to tell me I am wrong about how my group/I play. Shows your intellect.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Last post I will write in here I guess since people who like to think their groups fits the holy grail and that cause they do a fight a certain way it is law. My group does not run double any class at all. We groups adds up and kill them, I am an AOE dps and off tank. Not a single target spec player. So take this spec as such, when the mobs are grouped up like we do on every fight this is what works best for me. Like my guide says this is what works for ME. So take it how you want to, don't take it for all I care
  • Options
    ardentsunardentsun Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We groups adds up and kill them, I am an AOE dps and off tank. Not a single target spec player.
    From what I read, Destroyer is more single target oriented while Instigator is for higher AoE dps. You can run your Destroyer build here as AoE but it is going to be less efficient and you are going to get criticized for that. You brought your personal build to the public and are getting criticized for bad decisions, if you don't care what people think of your build then you never should have posted it. Builds are meant to be optimized for the encounters, if it isn't optimal then people are going to complain and you are in fact misleading newer players. Simply putting a disclaimer at the top of your guide that says "This is how I build, it may not be the most efficient, but I like it." would fix all of your problems.

A build poster has a duty to supply the public with an optimal, up-to-date, and original build, as well as listen to player criticisms and tips. If you cannot do those things, then do not post your build or at the very least put at the top that your build isn't the best and you don't know how to take criticism. That way newer players will not be so misleaded and end up having to waste money/AD on a respec.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ardentsun wrote: »

A build poster has a duty to supply the public with an optimal, up-to-date, and original build, as well as listen to player criticisms and tips. If you cannot do those things, then do not post your build or at the very least put at the top that your build isn't the best and you don't know how to take criticism. That way newer players will not be so misleaded and end up having to waste money/AD on a respec.

Where does it say I have a duty to do that? I put what I sue and found effective. You use it at your own risk. Did not say it was perfect. Read the **** OP, says this is what I use... not what you have to use. Are you people that dense. Are you that trolly that you can not get a simple concept. Do not like it then get out and do not use it. No where did I say I was the only spec or way to go. Yet you feel the need to come in here and act like I did. This is why I do not try to help people are a couple tards ruin the world.

As proof you are a complete ****ing moron. Read the first section of my guide. Good job at being on a 3rd grade reading level. POS
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Where does it say I have a duty to do that? I put what I sue and found effective. You use it at your own risk. Did not say it was perfect. Read the **** OP, says this is what I use... not what you have to use. Are you people that dense. Are you that trolly that you can not get a simple concept. Do not like it then get out and do not use it. No where did I say I was the only spec or way to go. Yet you feel the need to come in here and act like I did. This is why I do not try to help people are a couple tards ruin the world.

As proof you are a complete ****ing moron. Read the first section of my guide. Good job at being on a 3rd grade reading level. POS
    It doesn't say that anywhere, it is just the right thing to do. Much like how there is no law against not holding doors for people, but those with any courtesy do it anyway. Also, no one said that you said that we had to use your build. You're being overly defensive and ridiculous about every single criticism that comes up on your build. I simply said that by posting a build that is not optimal you are unintentionally misleading new players and you are going to get criticized by people who see your build can improve. Maybe if you would stop raging and just think then you could stop making yourself look so foolish. You're so defensive that you are actually going against what you said, "Last post I will write in here", just so you can rage and prove to others that you are mad and immature by using vulgar words and senseless arguments.

Edit: By the way, saying "use it or don't" isn't the same as saying "It isn't the best, but I like it". Saying "use it or don't" does not tell new players that there are better builds out there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't say that anywhere, it is just the right thing to do. Much like how there is no law against not holding doors for people, but those with any courtesy do it anyway. Also, no one said that you said that we had to use your build. You're being overly defensive and ridiculous about every single criticism that comes up on your build. I simply said that by posting a build that is not optimal you are unintentionally misleading new players and you are going to get criticized by people who see your build can improve. Maybe if you would stop raging and just think then you could stop making yourself look so foolish. You're so defensive that you are actually going against what you said, "Last post I will write in here", just so you can rage and prove to others that you are mad and immature by using vulgar words and senseless arguments.

Edit: By the way, saying "use it or don't" isn't the same as saying "It isn't the best, but I like it". Saying "use it or don't" does not tell new players that there are better builds out there.

He's the best GWF to ever play, don't bother Ardentsun.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

If that's your stand then you should be an Initiator build, considering it would be far more effective than what you're suggesting people do with a Destroyer.

Glad you're having fun with it, but posting it indicates you think it's pretty well min/maxed. If people don't care about min/max, they probably won't bother reading a guide. Even in that case, if they did happen to read this one I have as much of a right to question your rationale as you have to post it.

As a parting comment, if you are just using WMS as your only attack literally just because of the lightening enchant and you built yourself a destroyer there's really nothing left to say. I can't fathom why you even put up a build if this is how you play. I can only imagine the people in your static group are carrying you.

Why post a build if you can't accept valid criticism of it? Even if it's invalid criticism, your attitude could use some work.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When reading guides I'm always skeptical and abosrbs some ideas and make my own not just copy from head to toe unless I find it extremely logically reasonable and awesome. I disagree with using flourish in dungeons on a single target its not that good. I use Roar, IBS, punishing charge or battle fury.
    Last I checked, having an At-Will hit Dracholich for 35k every 2 seconds during Determination and every 3.5s without it is far from a waste. Learn how to min/max your class and what to expect from end-game encounters before misguiding leveling GWF's with ill-advice.

As our class stands now - Encounters are worthless in comparison to Reaping Strike for bosses. Bosses are always by themselves and adds are always being juggled/tossed away from the boss. You will always have the boss alone for that 25% dmg bonus.

How did it reached that number? What debuffs did draco had? What were your gears and stat? 35k in crits?

I might take Reaping strike since there are alot of bosses that are forever alone while the adds chase downs 2 clerics on double astral shields with pushing wizards. Not to feel like a semi-useless GWF (Aside from the fact that you lower the enemy defense by a ton) doing DPS on mobs that are going to be pushed off ledges anyways.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    When reading guides I'm always skeptical and abosrbs some ideas and make my own not just copy from head to toe unless I find it extremely logically reasonable and awesome. I disagree with using flourish in dungeons on a single target its not that good. I use Roar, IBS, punishing charge or battle fury.

How did it reached that number? What debuffs did draco had? What were your gears and stat? 35k in crits?

I might take Reaping strike since there are alot of bosses that are forever alone while the adds chase downs 2 clerics on double astral shields with pushing wizards. Not to feel like a semi-useless GWF (Aside from the fact that you lower the enemy defense by a ton) doing DPS on mobs that are going to be pushed off ledges anyways.

I find it doubtful he had a Reaping Strike of 35k without some serious debuff's from the other classes playing into it. That being said, building a Destroyer for pure single target damage will disappoint you if you compare it to a TR. The good news is you can bring ok single-target damage while keeping a lot of the AoE.

The really bad news is that AoE isn't terribly needed when groups cheese the dungeons by knocking the add's off.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    vampman06vampman06 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To many jerks off who can not read or get simple concepts. Do it yourself. Follow the guides of people who run stacking groups, be bad for all I care. Good luck. Done helping people for good this time.

and what about the people who have used this guide since starting their GWF???? now i get to 50 and see all the info deleted!

You sir are been selfish and unfair to the others like me who have used this guide up until you deleted all the info

looks like i'll have to read up the other guides that ARE NOT deleted and spend some cash which i didnt want to till 60 to sort this problem out!

thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vampman06 wrote: »
    and what about the people who have used this guide since starting their GWF???? now i get to 50 and see all the info deleted!

You sir are been selfish and unfair to the others like me who have used this guide up until you deleted all the info

looks like i'll have to read up the other guides that ARE NOT deleted and spend some cash which i didnt want to till 60 to sort this problem out!

thanks!
    His true colors were shown on this day.

The guide wasn't the best one out there anyway. Check out Thorin's Mighty Axe and Extinction Style GWF. They are Destroyer and Instigator, respectively. Good luck and sorry for your losses.
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for taking the time and effort with posting this OP, I've been using it while levelling up my GWF and I like it.

Just wanted to take 30 secs to says thanks. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow, he rage quit his own build thread. That is a serious anger management issue there.

It's not hard to find an optimized Destroyer build, and implying that somehow running an optimized build indicates that you run stacking groups is ludicrous. With the amount of people complaining about subpar DPS, a crappy build thread with a suboptimal build isn't going to teach people any better. Running Destroyer without Reaping Strike is a complete waste of your time, there are two other tree's and one of them is better AoE damage.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?247052-Why-GWF-are-incredible-and-fun!

That's my build, it's on the second or third page. You can call me a newb all you want and I promise I won't rage quit and delete my build while crying delicious, delicious tears.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    His true colors were shown on this day.

The guide wasn't the best one out there anyway. Check out Thorin's Mighty Axe and Extinction Style GWF. They are Destroyer and Instigator, respectively. Good luck and sorry for your losses.

AS has been pointed out since I made the guide I am wrong and know nothing apparently. Cause people with other group make ups and strats know better. Cause a group who runs two CWs knows more about how I play than I do. Talk all the **** and call me selfish all you want. Follow one of the other professors who can tell you how to play your class. Clearly they know what group make up you run and how you play.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There are copies of the guide in other places on the internet. For those how actually care I can point you to it.
  • Options
    pric3l3sspric3l3ss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can u link me to the other places please? i love ur guide

thanks
  • Options
    xkalusxxkalusx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey dude, i don't know what made you delete your guide but i thought it was rly good, so could you send the GWF guide to me? ty in advance
  • Options
    jsnow1jsnow1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey could you give me the link to your guide or send me a copy plz? I really like it
    thank you
  • Options
    bluekiba33bluekiba33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too! i find the way to level a fine GWF and i dont wanna leave it right now :). Thx for all
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I watched your Karrundax vid OP, that was a really long kill. If that's how you and your friends like playing, then more power to you.

Being mad because people think it's inefficient is pretty lulzy though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I watched your Karrundax vid OP, that was a really long kill. If that's how you and your friends like playing, then more power to you.

Being mad because people think it's inefficient is pretty lulzy though.

There is a huge difference in being efficient and exploiting CW 4 piece. There is not way he hit for 35k without take complete advantage of the stacking exploit of CW t2 4 piece. Also we could kill it in 3 minutes but we would rather actually kill the adds over kiting in circles. And yes we find actually doing the encounters and killing them legit fun, sorry you do not.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's fine, but you can't call people bad because your style of play provides more DPS within the frame of how you beat dungeons if that frame is in itself inefficient.

Your build is crazy DPS if everyone who ran dungeons did them inefficiently both in time spent and class utilization.

For the rest of the world where being efficient is important, having someone attack the adds (GWF) and pad their DPS stats with false/irrelevant damage is pretty dumb. It's better to put the GWF on the boss (massive DPS loss because of lolsingle target) because at least that damage is useful to the group. One CW can control the adds, all of them, you don't even need to kite unless that one CW can't do his job.

That's why your guide is bad. I don't care if someone hits a 35k crit because of CW T2 bonus and I don't care if people throw stuff off ledges. What matters is that your guide is labeled (or was, since you raged and took it down) as a DPS guide when it is a DPS guide only if/when/how certain parameters are filled.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's fine, but you can't call people bad because your style of play provides more DPS within the frame of how you beat dungeons if that frame is in itself inefficient.

Your build is crazy DPS if everyone who ran dungeons did them inefficiently both in time spent and class utilization.

For the rest of the world where being efficient is important, having someone attack the adds (GWF) and pad their DPS stats with false/irrelevant damage is pretty dumb. It's better to put the GWF on the boss (massive DPS loss because of lolsingle target) because at least that damage is useful to the group. One CW can control the adds, all of them, you don't even need to kite unless that one CW can't do his job.

That's why your guide is bad. I don't care if someone hits a 35k crit because of CW T2 bonus and I don't care if people throw stuff off ledges. What matters is that your guide is labeled (or was, since you raged and took it down) as a DPS guide when it is a DPS guide only if/when/how certain parameters are filled.

You must be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. 100% sure they came in talking **** and calling me bad cause I do not run groups how they do. I did not start that **** till well after they did. So please use a brain, read the full argument. And then talk ****. This is why I took the guide down. The lack of simple reading comprehension skills.

Any guide is only if/when certain things are fulfilled. You must be new to MMOs. Cause never in the history of MMOs has a guide spec been 100% correct for ever group or encounter. And if you think it is then I really do not need to go into detail about how bad you really are.

Also just so you know. In the guide it even said at the top this is not the best or 100% law. Take it how you want it and improve it. But this is what works for me and MY GROUP. So stop being a complete jerk off and know something before you open your useless mouth.

Some people actually like to play the game how it should. Not breaking encounter/exploiting things. So if you want to sit here and think 100% of people want to be pieces of **** and not actually enjoy the game then go ahead and think that. But I know there are honest and good players who do not need to use gimmicks to beat encounters. Efficiency was not why I made the guide nor will it ever be a reason for anything. I play for fun and enjoyment. Nothing fun about exploiting or skipping 90% of an encounter by skipping adds in stupid ways.

Sorry you people seem to feel the need after I have said the same things over and over to continue to think I said I was the only person who is right. However from the start I maintained that my guide was for the group I run and how I play. Maybe someday you will learn to read that part and it will sink in. Till then I guess talk more ****, won't be looking at this thread anymore anyway due to complete failures by your parents and teachers to teach you how to read.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    well, its too bad u guys ran off saviorgun. his gamer type is certainly a dying breed, aka the legit gamer. one who doesnt take the easy way out. yes its true the CW set is nice to pad meters, but when it gets fixed, guys like him will be the ones ahead. all of you that have been flaming him will never know the satisfaction of having legitimate skill. he will be the one laughing when all of this gets fixed. he will be the one that keeps cruising along, while you re-learn how to play. no more bugged CW set, no more knocking mobs off cliffs, no more easy way out.

i can see it now, when stuff starts getting fixed, you all will go to forums and start whining and complaning, and look for other ways to take the easy road. and when you quit cuz exploiting isnt as availiable, he wont miss you, and niether will i.

MMO's need more players that look for exploits to REPORT, NOT USE. there is no reason to use exploits. the only thing it accomplishes is that it labels u as a cheater. no one who has any worth, condones cheating. for example, would u go into high-stakes gambling with a notorious cheater that has a reputation for being unbeatable? no. how about at your job. someone gets hired, sits around and does nothing, you are ordered to do their work, and they get paid double what u do. would u put up with that? no. then why do u expect us to put up with it?

hipocrites, all of you.

well, im done ranting at the worthless.
    sorry saviorgun that you had to put up with this shi.t

and lastly, no i donot know who saviorgun is in or out of game, but i do agree with him.

@saviorgun--when GWF powers/feats all work properly (not talking about any buffs, just fixes), we (and the rest of the loyal GWF's) will have the last laugh
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deleting a guide just because other people don't agree and it recieves critics is kinda childish imo.
    just my 2 cats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o