Install Arc
Options

Back to WoW everyone

Comments

• Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont hit the door on your way out

How did I know I'd see a 12-year old posting something like this in this thread...

/facepalm
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Activison paying people to bang on about WoW on other forums again?

Seriously OP your fooling no one.

Umm they don't need too.... they have 10+ million subs.. DUH. DERP. DERPAGE.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Haaaaaahahhahaahahhaha. WoW is the worst PvP oriented game since Wotlk. Its terrible. Resilence is also a fail idea. So your going back to WoW cause its easy is what I got from you post. No offense. Have fun with Panda's to each there own. Not only that have fun with a dwindling population of players who are just tired of the game and how far its fallen.

This is my first week in NW and I am loving it. The PvP is awesome. I like the builds and overall complexity of the game so far. Sure I might not have a ton of time in the game yet. I just know anything is better then WoW that's just common sense. How much money have you spent on WoW ? If you played that game for 2 or 3 or 6 years + then you spent. 100's of bucks on the game. and 100's of bucks on the sub. So in the end you spend way less buying stuff in a free 2 play. You have to spend 60bucks in here before you even = buying WoW. So spend it!!! If you said you spent 200bucks on NW and I still don't like it then that could be a discussion.

That's all have fun. I am going to PvP in this great game laters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haaaaaahahhahaahahhaha. WoW is the worst PvP oriented game since Wotlk. Its terrible. Resilence is also a fail idea.

So is this why they still have 10 million subs and get a boost in population 2-3 months after every other new game releases? Is this why the GW2 surge is now migrating back to Wow? Is this why the Wow population has become less PVE type players and more PVP type players?

But your right.. This game is going to become the go to PVP game.

/doublefacelam
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm they don't need too.... they have 10+ million subs.. DUH. DERP. DERPAGE.

8 million actually. And as someone that plays WoW now and then I can safely say the last few years it has been losing subscribers on an epic scale. There was a point were it had over 13 million subscribers ( 3 years ago ) and it has lost 2 million in just the last 3 months...round about the time Neverwinter started to show its face. Its best days are behind it and Activision Blizzard know it.

Its also common knowledge that AB do pay people to go to other MMO forums to rubbish the associated game .

Comparing both games I would say Neverwinter is the better game, it just plays better full stop.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's pretty common knowledge that Chris Metzen was reading the Lord Soth series when he was working on WC III, there was a reason WoW classic through WotLk did so well he stole from the best, same thing with Starcraft the blatant plagiarism of Warhammer 40k even to the point of hiring Andy Chambers from games workshop to help write SC II story.

They are very good in knowing what sells, but they stood on the shoulders of giants.

A lot of WoW lore is inspired by GW stuff, think the whole Horus revolt/Arthas
  • Options
    m0shulm0shul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haaaaaahahhahaahahhaha. WoW is the worst PvP oriented game since Wotlk. Its terrible. Resilence is also a fail idea. So your going back to WoW cause its easy is what I got from you post. No offense. Have fun with Panda's to each there own. Not only that have fun with a dwindling population of players who are just tired of the game and how far its fallen.
    That's all have fun. I am going to PvP in this great game laters.

Clearly you had played only free games you don't know much kid.
  • Options
    shadowpwn691shadowpwn691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is obviously a troll.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I would rather watch flies F*** than play Waste of Warcraft
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    8 million actually. And as someone that plays WoW now and then I can safely say the last few years it has been losing subscribers on an epic scale. There was a point were it had over 13 million subscribers ( 3 years ago ) and it has lost 2 million in just the last 3 months...round about the time Neverwinter started to show its face. Its best days are behind it and Activision Blizzard know it.

Its also common knowledge that AB do pay people to go to other MMO forums to rubbish the associated game .

Comparing both games I would say Neverwinter is the better game, it just plays better full stop.

So much unfounded hear-say. AB is not paying anyone to litter forums. God do you realize how ridiculous you sound. For one they don't need to. Plenty of people doing it for them for free.

And not even close to a better game. The only thing making people leave Wow is the community.. but they always go back because every single release since has just plain sucked. Period.

I'm guessing you still in that initial "novelty phase" when everything seems new and fresh... Get to 60 and starting going the daily grind and trying to gear up then the massive amount of problems smack you right in the face.

Oh and they've regained the 2 million or so they lost towards the end of Cata and then some... don't you watch the news or read their investor reports? You know, hard empirical data? Or you just listen to the fan boys on game forums?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    A lot of WoW lore is inspired by GW stuff, think the whole Horus revolt/Arthas

Umm Wow lore is base on, umm Warcraft lore.. which has been around MUCH MUCH longer than GW. You do know Warcraft lore started out as a tabletop game right?

Man the here-say these kids take for truth now days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-loses-a-million-subscribers-down-to-496616055

WoW is in trouble the facts speak for them-self. Poor updates and Sad Pandas have ruined the game.
    And come now we all know the underhand tactics companies like EA , AB and Ubi Soft use.

Remember the EA trolling CoD forums and AB trolling the BF fourms lark XD
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm Wow lore is base on, umm Warcraft lore.. which has been around MUCH MUCH longer than GW. You do know Warcraft lore started out as a tabletop game right?

Man the here-say these kids take for truth now days.

Your ignorance is truly astounding
    Warhammer 40,000 (informally known as Warhammer 40K, WH40K or simply 40K) is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a dystopian science-fantasy universe. Warhammer 40,000 was created by Rick Priestleyin 1987 as the futuristic companion to Warhammer Fantasy Battle, sharing many game mechanics. Expansions for Warhammer 40,000 are released periodically which give rules for urban, planetary siege and large-scale combat. The game is currently in its sixth edition, which was published at the end of June 2012
    Warcraft franchise

The official logo of the franchise
    Genres
    Real-time strategy, MMORPG
    Developers
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Publishers
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Platforms MS-DOS, Mac OS, Sega Saturn,PlayStation, Microsoft Windows
    First release
    Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
    November 1994[1]
    Latest release
    World of Warcraft: Mists of

And no it didn't start out as a tabletop game you are thinking about Warhammer fantasy made by GW.

[/QUOTE]
    Warhammer: The Game of Fantasy Battles (formerly Warhammer Fantasy Battle and often abbreviated to Warhammer, WFB or WHFB) is a tabletop wargame created by Games Workshop. It is the origin of the Warhammer Fantasy setting.
    The game is designed for regiments of fantasy miniatures. It uses stock fantasy races such as humans (The Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev), Elves (Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves), Dwarfs, Undead, Orcs and Goblins, as well as some more unusual types such as Lizardmen, Skaven and the daemonic forces of Chaos. Each race has its own unique strengths and flaws; Wood Elves, for example, have the most powerful archers in the game but have poor overall defence and Bretonnia have the strongest cavalry but weak infantry.
    Warhammer has been periodically updated and re-released since first appearing in 1983, with changes to the gaming system and army lists. The current official version, the eighth edition, was released on 10 July 2010.
    Warhammer 40,000, a futuristic companion to Warhammer Fantasy Battle, was released in 1987.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wat is this I don't even ...
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Sorry to say but its back to WoW, NW failed me with its crappy balance and p2w cash shop, WoW 5.3 = baseline 65% resil so yes you can actually pvp again on your chars, sorry but even WoW is better than P2W, I am many others are now going back to WoW, Wildstar.....lets see what you can do

Using WoW and Wildstar in same line is so disrespectful against a company like Carbine studios.. WoW is dead to actual gaming since Activision took over..
    Go back to your wow but don't disrespect a proper MMORPG such as Wildstar..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-loses-a-million-subscribers-down-to-496616055

WoW is in trouble the facts speak for them-self. Poor updates and Sad Pandas have ruined the game.
    And come now we all know the underhand tactics companies like EA , AB and Ubi Soft use.

Remember the EA trolling CoD forums and AB trolling the BF fourms lark XD

Call me when this changes:

"The popular game is still the world's biggest subscription-based MMORPG, but subscriber numbers have been in decline since the game peaked at 12 million members back in 2010. World of Warcraft is also one of the last remaining paid MMORPGs; most online games, like EA's Star Wars: The Old Republic, are going free-to-play.

Of course, with eight million people continuing to pay them every month, Activision-Blizzard probably doesn't have too much to complain about."

People leave, but always come back. Nothing released since has been adequate to sustain them long term. Hell this game is falling apart inside of 90 days.. Even AoC, Aion, Warhammer, and Fallen Earth lasted much longer before the consensus became doom and gloom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »
    Using WoW and Wildstar in same line is so disrespectful against a company like Carbine studios.. WoW is dead to actual gaming since Activision took over..

Since Activision took over? lmao? They've always been there. Man do these kids doing any research now days.. or they just read some dribble in a gaming forum and take that as truth? Then spread that dribble into other forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your ignorance is truly astounding

And no it didn't start out as a tabletop game you are thinking about Warhammer fantasy made by GW.
    [/QUOTE]

Still waiting for you to prove me wrong.... Please hurry, this thread is already starting to bore me.

-10,000 War of the Ancients Trilogy (novels by Richard A. Knaak)

The Well of Eternity
    The Demon Soul
    The Sundering

-9,000 The World Tree and the Emerald Dream
    -7,300 Exile of the High Elves
    -6,800 The Founding of Quel'Thalas
    -2,800 Arathor and the Troll Wars
    -2,700 The Guardians of Tirisfal
    -2,500 Ironforge - the Awakening of the Dwarves
    -1,200 The Seven Kingdoms
    -823 Aegwynn and the Dragon Hunt
    -230 War of the Three Hammers
    -45 The Last Guardian
    — Kil'jaeden and the Shadow Pact
    — Rise of the Horde
    -1 Rise of the Horde (novel by Christie Golden)
    0 Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (PC game)
    — The Last Guardian (novel by Jeff Grubb)
    6 Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness (PC game)
    8 Warcraft 2X: Beyond the Dark Portal (PC game)
    10 Day of the Dragon (novel by Richard A. Knaak)
    18 Lord of the Clans (novel by Christie Golden)
    19 Of Blood and Honor (novel by Chris Metzen)
    20 Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (PC game)
    21 Warcraft 3X: The Frozen Throne (PC game)
    23 The Sunwell Trilogy (manga by Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim)

Dragon Hunt
    Shadows of Ice
    Ghostlands

24 Cycle of Hatred (novel by Keith R. A. DeCandido)
    25 World of Warcraft (PC game)
    26 World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC game)
    27 World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC game)
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is that why they have lost over 20 Million subs in the last expansion or two?

It WAS a good MMO, now it's all kung-fu panda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and once you get to end game, you really don't even need a guild, you can do the LFR thing and enjoy end game content. There is little to no skill required to play it anymore, looking at how the talent trees have changed has proved that. This is from a 7 year veteran of WoW. I came to Neverwinter because I am tired of playing with kids on a game that used to be played by adults. Granted there are plenty of kids in Neverwinter, but at least I will find a few adults there.

Where the hell are you getting your numbers from....they have lost 3m people (mostly from the asian market where they have a totally different payment method) since the end of wrath. WoW is still sitting at 8.3m people who are willing to pay for it, including myself.

As for the whole LFR thing, yeah anyone can see the content...big deal. If you want a challenge, get a guild and do Hard Modes.

And with the talent trees, personally i think theyre awesome that you can respec a talent according to different fights.

Call me a fanboy but WoW is still king until they're dethroned. As for NW I'm lovin it, but how they can still call this "beta" I'll never understand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Still waiting for you to prove me wrong.... Please hurry, this thread is already starting to bore me.

Umm just did get someone to help you with the big words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You do realize Wildstar is being made by ex-WoW devs right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Since Activision took over? lmao? They've always been there. Man do these kids doing any research now days.. or they just read some dribble in a gaming forum and take that as truth? Then spread that dribble into other forums.

"On July 9, 2008, Activision officially merged with Vivendi Games, culminating in the inclusion of the Blizzard brand name in the title of the resulting holding company"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Call me when this changes:

"The popular game is still the world's biggest subscription-based MMORPG, but subscriber numbers have been in decline since the game peaked at 12 million members back in 2010. World of Warcraft is also one of the last remaining paid MMORPGs; most online games, like EA's Star Wars: The Old Republic, are going free-to-play.

Of course, with eight million people continuing to pay them every month, Activision-Blizzard probably doesn't have too much to complain about."

People leave, but always come back. Nothing released since has been adequate to sustain them long term. Hell this game is falling apart inside of 90 days.. Even AoC, Aion, Warhammer, and Fallen Earth lasted much longer before the consensus became doom and gloom.

The point is your arguing with incorrect facts with one of those 8 million subscribers someone who actually still enjoys WoW. I know what state WoW is in. It started to go down hill when Activison got its hands on it. It became a more nickel and dime fest. Heck its more of a cash shop monstrosity than Neverwinter.

I think Neverwinter is the far superior mmo, also consider this..

YOU CAN PLAY MORE THAN ONE VIDEO GAME!
    "On July 9, 2008, Activision officially merged with Vivendi Games, culminating in the inclusion of the Blizzard brand name in the title of the resulting holding company"

Indeed and that was the end of good WoW and the beginning of the dark days >_>
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smrtstn wrote: »

i do, devs that left after activision
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smrtstn wrote: »

As was GW2.

Also note that is was 18 people that left. NCSoft opened up a studio in Orange County just for them... and they left Blizzard before Burning Crusade was released.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

-10,000 War of the Ancients Trilogy (novels by Richard A. Knaak)

The Well of Eternity
    The Demon Soul
    The Sundering

-9,000 The World Tree and the Emerald Dream
    -7,300 Exile of the High Elves
    -6,800 The Founding of Quel'Thalas
    -2,800 Arathor and the Troll Wars
    -2,700 The Guardians of Tirisfal
    -2,500 Ironforge - the Awakening of the Dwarves
    -1,200 The Seven Kingdoms
    -823 Aegwynn and the Dragon Hunt
    -230 War of the Three Hammers
    -45 The Last Guardian

Books written in the 90's on GW has been around since the mid 80's you can not be this dense. It's amazing that you're still post after being embarrassed like this.
  • Options
    thesuperdthesuperd Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quit WoW a long time ago, and I'm never going back. That being said, WoW does have a few things going for it over NW. My biggest gripe is the dungeons. Every single boss in NW is just a massive swarm of adds, and one of them has a huge pool of HP. It has to be the laziest, most mindless dungeon boss design in any MMO I've ever seen. Combine that with the horrible joke that is the dungeon queue system in this game, and it makes for a very boring and frustrating experience for people who like to run dungeons.
  • Options
    sickbrushsickbrush Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Everyone!

I've been playing WoW all the way from vanilla to MoP included. Yeah, i admit, i was one of those guys buying every new expansion, playing through all the new content, getting to endgame aaaaanddd.. slowly stop logging in.
    There's tons of pros and cons to WoW - however we have to admit, it did create the opportunity for many games to be created. In some aspects, yes, of course NW has elements from that but then again it's all about what you do with those elements.
    I admit, i'm still very new at this, i started playing last night and i'm a puny lvl 12 CW. Howeveeerr...:

I'm an avid board games player, with a large collection. We play DnD in my group, from GM's to board games like Drizzt or Ashardalon. Man i flipped so hard at the idea of being able to play these on my computer with a virtually limitless group of people. Srsly?!?! Come on this is Awesome!!
    I did a solo Foundry last night, i died a million times and it felt amazing being challenged again, not being able to afford anything, being in a "mean world" if you may. Because to anyone here who plays DnD - it is a game that DOES smack around HARD.

So yes, WoW has become unchallenging, slightly dull and repetitive. For now i'm loving this waaaaaaaaay more and i hope to keep this opinion throughout game progress and end-game. For now i'm enjoying chills up my spine in dungeons :D

P.S: - I'm a video games concept artist and this game looks really good. Srsly, it does.
  • Options
    poppitlovepoppitlove Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just the memories of the blue exclamation marks everywhere is nauseating. BTW, I thought it was a rule not to post your good byes in forums. We don't care about WOW.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elthuzar wrote: »
    what of it? If you don't like Neverwinter, why are you here?

Because Blizzard won't pay his sub if he can't link to any advertising posts.
    because playerbase leaving doesn't affect the game at all.

It really depends on the players. Some of them can certainly hit the door with little to no adverse effect on the actual player base.
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Do you mean 2 million? It's funny because this number is more than any MMO has in total active players, and it's only 20% of their userbase. Not just that - it's an expected loss, people always quit during expansion and come back for the next one. I've seen this 'WoW is dying' <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every year for the past 5 years.

You're angry about the lore setting for one expansion? You still need a guild if you want to clear heroic content, just like any wow expansion. LFR is literally in the game so that casuals can see the content without Blizzard having to nerf the real content. The talent trees are no less complex than before. They just made every choice meaningful instead of 80% of any given talent tree being mandatory.

It's also hilarious that you come here to avoid children - it's a Perfect World game. World of Warcraft has some of the highest age and education averages out of any game. You can pretty easily observe this using any website trackers.

WoW will never die. It can't, it's too busy dumbing down to accommodate the next lazy generation of gamers. I know I've never played it, not even the "Free to 20" thing that has been plastered all over the internet. Why? Because of the community's behavior on other gaming sites. If they 100 million players like some of the people that post here, they could keep them, and please make it illegal for them to play other games. Seriously, all the "this game's too hard, can you dumb it down more" is exactly why Blizzard won't let WoW die. Once the QQ reaches a certain level, they comply with it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.