test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.34-39

Comments

• Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    All this hard work on fixing issues with the gateway. How about spending some time fixing the actual IN GAME auction house filters? The only one that seems to work is the class filter. The level range doesn't, time remaining doesn't, current bid doesn't, buy-out price doesn't.

You all are onto a good thing here, now how about spending some resources to fix the in game experience and not the gateway most people use when they aren't even playing your game.

This. A thousand times, THIS.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oondria wrote: »
    Yeah, another bunch of gateway improvements!
    Cryptic really knows what is important for this game:rolleyes:

I couldn't possibly be that a different guy is responsible for the gateway code as the main game code and he doesn't know the first thing about the in game code to fix things in it so when he spends his time fixing bugs and optimizing code its on the gateway.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was hoping to hear there was a fix for the terrible lag and strange skill timer issues that have been going on exactly since the last patch. The following is happening routinely now, and I tried reboots, checking all internet, verifying game files, etc, to no evail.

The game played beautifully before the last patch, but now I keep getting bad rubberbanding, some strange positional offset(where it shows me about 30 feet from my true position), and I suddenly become invisible to all mobs and they no longer take damage(even though it appears I am shooting them with infinite ammo). Usually the positional offset means death is coming, because you have no idea where to shoot to hit the mobs, but they still kill you.
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can always get a Rare companion that will go to lvl 25 in the Zen shop. Better yet do what i did and buy the PvP Companion and the Drake seals Companion for no real money out of your pocket.

But do agree, i would love to get my actual tanking companion up to 25

That little floating dagger doesn't do anything but 360s in the air all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    its 8:47 UTC are the servers delayed coming up again? ;_;
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
    Hey All - Our maintenance is running a little longer than scheduled. We hope to have an update for you all soon. Thank you for your patience
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deepgold wrote: »
    As for dungeon, I do hope that the spawning of adds from boss can be reduce to half or more and make Boss do more type of special attacks. It will make boss fight more interesting. Right now, its just adds, adds and more adds.

Exactly! Interesting is always better than overkill. Some of the foundry maps got it soooo right and it was awesome, so its definitely possible.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    proping wrote: »
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
    Hey All - Our maintenance is running a little longer than scheduled. We hope to have an update for you all soon. Thank you for your patience

Thanks for the reply! :)
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    usarubberusarubber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is changing archon shield to +6 "Correcting" anything?

Seriously shield of the crusher a lvl 49 shield you get from glory house is now CONSIDERABLY better than a shield that drops off mad dragon boss? One of the lowest rated, hardest instances in the game? Does anyone not see what's wrong with this picture.

GF's barely push higher ac's than rogues in this game, with Archon shield we could get about 10 more AC than most other players. What's the point of the GF if he can't even have ahigher AC than all other classes, What's the point of a GF if he can't even out tank a dps cleric. What's the point of the GF if all he can do is stand there and hopefully with his broken threat try to hold an instance boss over the cleric or ANYONE that comes up and uses a few skills on it. I mean the FEW CC's they get are okay. But one is a daily, and one has like 15s cooldown so it's useless, secondly GF's only build daily by hitting - which for some reason we swing 1 handed weapons three times slower than a GWF swings a two handed weapon, and second - from getting hit and blocking attacks. Which when the shield breaks who cares anyways, at that point GF is useless. Great I got a useless class to 60, only to have to now consider re-rolling to one of the 3 only classes anyone in this game plays. -.- so lame. fix gwf and gf. two of the most useless classes I've ever seen in any MMO. My 12.8 pvp gf takes an hour to kill anyone in pvp, yeah I can live forever assuming a tr doesn't come up and crit me for 27k, now with 12 less AC well there goes my defense rating. what's the point? Class is now more useless than it was WITH archon shield. No more of my money will be going into the zen shop until considerable changes take place. Like for one, make those two other random classes you threw in so you could have a 5 class game more useful. /rant
  • Options
    ipwnyoudieipwnyoudie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This company needs to make classes like GWF + GF more usefull in instances......
    yay i am up for like bug fixes but you guys need to start making balance fixes as well,being a GF i have to beg for party for tier 2 instances...and they need to make balance fixes fast cause i see a lot off ppl just quit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    usarubber wrote: »
    secondly GF's only build daily by hitting /rant

This is not correct. You can use Knight's Valor and get a AP recharge while blocking. We can also block and stab while building AP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    thanks for the reply! :)

servers up
  • Options
    accident4proneaccident4prone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    That little floating dagger doesn't do anything but 360s in the air all day.

Hmm. yea i bought both but i've only really used the Wererat Thief other than just a few mobs with the dancing blade, so cant vouch for anything the PvP companion does

but regardless they are capable of lvl 25 at least.
  • Options
    usarubberusarubber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you even read my post, I said we get it from blocking too.
    ANd knights valor is garbage, You use a skill that takes the damage your party is doing converts it to threat and that's suppose to make mobs attack you? By the time that even starts to happen the TR has killed everything. Useless skill, useless class.
  • Options
    konttuzor007konttuzor007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As tank I think GF has very decent damage in PvP, some of them hit pretty good! And with good gear/fast reactions they can be really hard to kill because of such a good defence!. But true, in PvE aggro "MUST" be fixed or else Guardian Fighter is not for whats it meant to.. main tank for - PvE.
    - CW lvl60
  • Options
    konttuzor007konttuzor007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usarubber wrote: »
    How is changing archon shield to +6 "Correcting" anything?

Seriously shield of the crusher a lvl 49 shield you get from glory house is now CONSIDERABLY better than a shield that drops off mad dragon boss? One of the lowest rated, hardest instances in the game? Does anyone not see what's wrong with this picture.

GF's barely push higher ac's than rogues in this game, with Archon shield we could get about 10 more AC than most other players. What's the point of the GF if he can't even have ahigher AC than all other classes, What's the point of a GF if he can't even out tank a dps cleric. What's the point of the GF if all he can do is stand there and hopefully with his broken threat try to hold an instance boss over the cleric or ANYONE that comes up and uses a few skills on it. I mean the FEW CC's they get are okay. But one is a daily, and one has like 15s cooldown so it's useless, secondly GF's only build daily by hitting - which for some reason we swing 1 handed weapons three times slower than a GWF swings a two handed weapon, and second - from getting hit and blocking attacks. Which when the shield breaks who cares anyways, at that point GF is useless. Great I got a useless class to 60, only to have to now consider re-rolling to one of the 3 only classes anyone in this game plays. -.- so lame. fix gwf and gf. two of the most useless classes I've ever seen in any MMO. My 12.8 pvp gf takes an hour to kill anyone in pvp, yeah I can live forever assuming a tr doesn't come up and crit me for 27k, now with 12 less AC well there goes my defense rating. what's the point? Class is now more useless than it was WITH archon shield. No more of my money will be going into the zen shop until considerable changes take place. Like for one, make those two other random classes you threw in so you could have a 5 class game more useful. /rant

As tank I think GF has very decent damage in PvP, some of them hit pretty good! And with good gear/fast reactions they can be really hard to kill because of such a good defence!. But true, in PvE aggro "MUST" be fixed or else Guardian Fighter is not for whats it meant to.. main tank for - PvE.
    - CW lvl60
  • Options
    melvingonzomelvingonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    The reset timer for chests has been changed in cases where a player logs out and back in again.

So no more pre clears? That stings.
    ihP5DNl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    - CW lvl60

I know it can hit decent in pvp, but the only reason for that is because nobody stats defense. Everyone stats Power + Crit, that's it.
    My pvp gf has nearly 5k power 1.5k crit 1.5k armor pen, yeah I hit hard, but we attack sooooooooooo pathetically slow, and we have like ONE skill with a halfway decent cooldown in our lineup as far as pvp goes, and that's even glitched.Lunging strike wont even work 90% of the time unless you jump in the air first, most the time I use it on an enemy beside me he takes 0 damage, If I jump in the air it'll hit hard. but wtf is that? also it's NEARLY impossible for a GF to stack crit, as we get no attributes that raise crit you can only get it to about 25% before you start destroying other needed stats. Armor pen is nice but it's hard to tell if it even works. nobody even stacks defense so why stack armor penn? The only chance GF has in PvP is damage reduction and hoping he can kite, He's 100% Useless if a TR attacks you from behind and a cw attacks you from in front. You can block one or the other targer, you can't just roll or teleport away and negate all damage. It's kinda ridiculous. I never come on and rant about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in forums. But this is an issue, I think Every GF and GWF on the game can agree that they play the gimpest of classes. Individually we might be good in pvp, but overall the classes are bad. Poorly made, I still don't understand why we swing that one sword so ridiculously slow.
  • Options
    madgodrandomadgodrando Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the timer for resting at bonfires and healing wounds going to be fixed? sometimes it glitches at 3-5 seconds and resets back to 2m w/o healing.
  • Options
    codenamezeuscodenamezeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new patch.. now it won't load any maps >_>
    nvm, just took 10 minutes for some reason
  • Options
    omgihatethisgameomgihatethisgame Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    immediately after the patch my game will not let me in. Protectors enclave is completely loaded, but does not ever switch to the game screen. instead it shows the full load bar and just goes through all the tips, which indicates the game hasnt frozen, but instead is just not getting that its already loaded. what do?
  • Options
    pwpuckpwpuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Patch Notes
    • Autocomplete no longer automatically takes focus in chat.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • Options
    oduncan31oduncan31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    immediately after the patch my game will not let me in. Protectors enclave is completely loaded, but does not ever switch to the game screen. instead it shows the full load bar and just goes through all the tips, which indicates the game hasnt frozen, but instead is just not getting that its already loaded. what do?

Think you're in my guild :p This happens to me too, just stuck at loading screen.
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This, too much to ask for a patch that dosn't break things?
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another one crying about PVP and TR. As a trickster rouge I could cry about the cleric shield (astral shield or archon shield??) being to strong and being impossible when stacked. I could also cry about GWF dealing to much damage. Why bother when anyone who knows how to properly fight can handle it. The shocking execution requires the target to be partial injured and the action point to be full for it to work. It is designed to double or more the damage on the target. CW have a similar attack because it kills me constantly. Rouges are high dps low defense. I compensate by having regeneration and life steal as part of my gear attributes. The trickster rouge lashing blade may still be glitched and it doing damage but it is survivable. You basically need to adapt quickly to survive instead of whining. I switch out my powers depending on the team I am facing. Nerf the TR? Then Nerf the Cleric's shield! I honestly say it doesn't matter because it make the game more difficult and funner.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I had the same problem. Tried logging in to the Foundry. It also failed to load. Went back and tried another char. It loaded! A bunch of people were on. I did a round of PVP. Then I went to try and log in my first char. And now I'm back to the same problem...nothing is loading. *sigh* should have just stayed on...
  • Options
    jedukjeduk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    immediately after the patch my game will not let me in :(
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do healers have the feat that automatically reduces there threat level if they assign points to it? TRs have this and it would be good for clerics.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taking far too long to load the initial map on log on - about 5 min. wait to enter Protectors Enclave...
  • Options
    razelskirazelski Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taking far too long to load the initial map on log on - about 5 min. wait to enter Protectors Enclave...

I have the same problem, loading was ok before patch and after I need to wait a while to join Protector's Enclave. Loading just stops on 100%, music is still on, hints are changing but nothing else happens
This discussion has been closed.