What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• Options
    adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, if they decide to screw with us, we can just boycott them by withdrawing ALL of our published content until they decide to listen to our demands, considering we have more content in the game than they do. The only reason I play the normal game at all is to see what their content does. If I ever get off my lazy *** and finish the game to level 60, I'll probably only play foundry content from level 5-60 afterward.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adran07 wrote: »
    Well, if they decide to screw with us, we can just boycott them by withdrawing ALL of our published content until they decide to listen to our demands, considering we have more content in the game than they do. The only reason I play the normal game at all is to see what their content does. If I ever get off my lazy *** and finish the game to level 60, I'll probably only play foundry content from level 5-60 afterward.

Absolutely, They really should know this too. Imagine if the game was down for four days. There would be an internet riot, and they would do everything possible to make people happy! The way they are being silent they show what is important to them and it is not me, that is for sure.
    If there is no informative news today then I hit the uninstall button and I won't be back whatever they do. There are far to many games out there for me to accept being ignored like this. I didn't even know what was happening at all until I found this forum.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adran07 wrote: »
    Well, if they decide to screw with us, we can just boycott them by withdrawing ALL of our published content until they decide to listen to our demands,
    How do you plan on withdrawing your content with the Foundry down?
  • Options
    giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    Absolutely, They really should know this too. Imagine if the game was down for four days. There would be an internet riot, and they would do everything possible to make people happy! The way they are being silent they show what is important to them and it is not me, that is for sure.
    If there is no informative news today then I hit the uninstall button and I won't be back whatever they do. There are far to many games out there for me to accept being ignored like this. I didn't even know what was happening at all until I found this forum.

Games have been down for longer than that and people go play other games for the time being. If you guys honestly think that 1) not making foundry's would effect them in anyway you should stop playing now anyway. 2) If you think the mass majority of foundry makers would honestly "boycott" because a few of you are mad that you can't make a foundry, you are sadly mistaken.

As for updates on the foundry and information they have given us info on whats going on (refer to first page) The few people that say I'm going to uninstall because I'm not getting my way, I say goodbye. This is still beta this is what the beta is for to find the bugs and fix them so people like you can be happy in the future. If you can't wait for that and inspect everything to be instant please please hit the uninstall button and save us the time of running into you in-game and dealing with your whinny butt.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has the game had a 72-hour stretch where something didn't break, smash or required down time?

And do we really believe the game was in "beta" when it was making real money of its users? That's not beta, that's just abusing the word to cover up the fact your product is pretty shoddy.

I have gone from being utterly delighted with the game, to just annoyed at constant outages, massive security breeches an utterly busted economy and a broken end-game.

If you don't consider the game's launch a disaster, you haven't been paying attention.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    dojorodojoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I joined this game 'because' of the foundry 5 days ago, spent the first day trying out the classes to choose which I wanted and get to level 15 and on. Had one night in the foundry, now I am in my 4th day of not being able to use the foundry the very reason I came.

I'm on the cusp of just forgetting the hole idea. Everyone is saying it may not be back till launch and when it dose comes back it will not only cost money but will be a rip off. The devs are saying nothing of anything and I'm fed up with the experience.

Is it worth the frustration?

Are they seriously going to add things you have to pay for to the Foundry? That would be one step too far. The game itself is too pricey as it is, considering it costs real money for bags, respects, decent mounts, et cetera. Just give me a $15 monthly sub where you get everything, and I'll sign up. Heck, make it a $25 per month sub option, and I'd do it. But DON't make us pay for every darn little feature in the game.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    Has the game had a 72-hour stretch where something didn't break, smash or required down time?

Yes. You must have missed it. Plenty of up-time, but perhaps not when you were around? :)
    And do we really believe the game was in "beta" when it was making real money of its users?

Agreed. I see that excuse all over the place. "What do you expect for beta?", "it's beta, relax", etc.
    I have gone from being utterly delighted with the game, to just annoyed at constant outages, massive security breeches an utterly busted economy and a broken end-game.

If you don't consider the game's launch a disaster, you haven't been paying attention.

Ditto. Delighted with the Foundry, disgusted at 4+ day outage of it. I understand that things break, that there is going to be downtime in any MMO, especially around launch, but 4+ days? That's absurd. If all of Neverwinter was down for 4+ days with no remotely accurate ETA (remember the "several hours" ETA last Friday?) and no idea what's wrong we'd see the biggest MMO community rage fest of 2013.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Games have been down for longer than that and people go play other games for the time being. If you guys honestly think that 1) not making foundry's would effect them in anyway you should stop playing now anyway. 2) If you think the mass majority of foundry makers would honestly "boycott" because a few of you are mad that you can't make a foundry, you are sadly mistaken.

Not for me, and I have played nearly 8 years of mmo's. People will only play the foundry just like they only pvp or pve.

As for updates on the foundry and information they have given us info on whats going on (refer to first page) The few people that say I'm going to uninstall because I'm not getting my way, I say goodbye. This is still beta this is what the beta is for to find the bugs and fix them so people like you can be happy in the future. If you can't wait for that and inspect everything to be instant please please hit the uninstall button and save us the time of running into you in-game and dealing with your whinny butt.

Actually I am far from being 'whiny', You know nothing about me and unlike you I don't insult people on forums and I'm not about to stoop to that level.
    As for this information you talk of it is going to be a few hours four days ago!
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've notice basically two different kinds of posts here.. One-those that defend Cryptic/PWE and Two-those that are angry for the multitude of reasons. The posts we should be reading in this thread are not here... "in the loop" my a$$.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I hope they give us stairs and multi-levels as a reward.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and unlike you I don't insult people on forums and I'm not about to stoop to that level.
    save us the time of running into you in-game and dealing with your whinny butt.

I won't insult you either. But I think that statement is hypocritical... and in the same post.

And just who is this "you" that's mentioned over and over again in your post?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    ill be just happy for it to be on,.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ill be just happy for it to be on,.

If the Foundry tools were live again... then in an hour when I get home from work I could be content. I might still be POed and frustrated about the downtime, but at least content and working on quests. I'd even settle for an explanation and a realistic ETA.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dojoro wrote: »
    Are they seriously going to add things you have to pay for to the Foundry? That would be one step too far. The game itself is too pricey as it is, considering it costs real money for bags, respects, decent mounts, et cetera. Just give me a $15 monthly sub where you get everything, and I'll sign up. Heck, make it a $25 per month sub option, and I'd do it. But DON't make us pay for every darn little feature in the game.

I agree, not with the $25 part, I have a limit of
  • Options
    camamarcamamar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just an explanation would do for me at this point.

Not having a service is bad, not knowing when it'll be back is worse, but not even knowing why is what's really the killer.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    camamar wrote: »
    Just an explanation would do for me at this point.

Not having a service is bad, not knowing when it'll be back is worse, but not even knowing why is what's really the killer.

Agreed 100%
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I won't insult you either. But I think that statement is hypocritical... and in the same post.

And just who is this "you" that's mentioned over and over again in your post?
    It's a "whinny" butt, they called you a horse! :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nemo You should check again, I just messed up the copy paste quote thingy and that 2nd quote is what I was referring to. And I was talking to giantdude.

Sorry it was confusing.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Throughout the last three days I have been kinda in the background on this and staying out of the fragfest. However, after four days and only one update on the situation a day, I am beginning to lean towards the idea of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor customer service and insensitivity on the part of the developers. Granted, the foundry is not game breaking. It is a major draw for many people. Patience is a virtue they say, but patience may only go so far before the simple fact of boredom kicks in.

Most will agree that the linear standard campaign is lack luster and many prefer to run foundry quest over actual cryptic made content. Not going to debate it, not trying to. Those of you that are holding the PW banner on high and stating that its a free game need to climb down off the soap box a little. For one thing, there is no such thing as free anything. You will pay one way or another, weather it be in cold hard cash or hours of gameplay to grind out the cash or what have you for items. Secondly, when someone is spending hours upon hours in the foundry making these quest people love to run so much, they are paying for the game as well. Tey are also ensuring the longevity of the game.

I enjoy the foundry as much as many others, and I am a very patient man. However, everyone has a limit to how much bs they can take and one update a day is just that, bs. So flame away if you will. I'm just throwing it out there that this is a tasteless situation and to be pushed back because it isn't making money for PW or isn't breaking the game is wrong on all fronts. If they make the foundry a payed for feature, which I doubt, it will be a big blow to those of us that have invested time into learning the system and making/working on new content.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    i agree to all, i mean i would just like it to be on and leave it at that, but the lack of explanation or info from them is dreadful, when it was the live servers there was updating like it was out of fashion. so you start to think, but if it came on now i would leave it, but that nag in the back of my head would be why!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    stevenjmurraystevenjmurray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Foundry is basically the only thing that makes this game stand out from any other and the only reason why many people were attracted to the game. The Foundry is a make it or break it for Neverwinter not just a feature. If this keeps up or the Foundry becomes unreasonably annoying to use, there are plenty of other games I can play that have better gameplay, better storyline, better crafting, better music, etc.
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Kind of disgusted, in a sense of course, that the foundry is still down.
    Yeeps!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nemo You should check again, I just messed up the copy paste quote thingy and that 2nd quote is what I was referring to. And I was talking to giantdude.

Sorry it was confusing.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was confused since without the quote marks it looked like you were saying two different things, lol. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was confused since without the quote marks it looked like you were saying two different things, lol. :)

Yep, I'm not a forum person and was trying to be too clever for my own good, then came the reply's and I got into a mess. An epic fail on my part. I will keep it simple from now on.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cyguard1 wrote: »
    Throughout the last three days I have been kinda in the background on this and staying out of the fragfest. However, after four days and only one update on the situation a day, I am beginning to lean towards the idea of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor customer service and insensitivity on the part of the developers.

They replied to me on their Twitter account. At least I know the reps aren't completely ignoring us, but still no ETA or explanation...
    .@cipher_nemo We're working to resolve it right now. We'll update you as soon as it's up. Sorry for that!

cyguard1 wrote: »
    For one thing, there is no such thing as free anything. You will pay one way or another, weather it be in cold hard cash or hours of gameplay to grind out the cash or what have you for items. Secondly, when someone is spending hours upon hours in the foundry making these quest people love to run so much, they are paying for the game as well. Tey are also ensuring the longevity of the game.

QFT.

Some aruge that our Foundry work doesn't pull the game, yet it's the only thing I see keeping the game afloat. If we just had Cryptic's content, I would have bolted long ago. Perhaps the pull isn't on an individual basis, but as a whole the Foundry is going to be something that keeps Neverwinter going for the long haul because it doesn't require them updating and pushing out their own content.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On an interesting and possibly related note, can anyone else confirm that Foundry tips can not be withdrawn at this time? Seems to be currently frozen for me.
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hippyshake wrote: »
    On an interesting and possibly related note, can anyone else confirm that Foundry tips can not be withdrawn at this time? Seems to be currently frozen for me.

Unconfirmed, just withdrew AD.
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    Unconfirmed, just withdrew AD.
    Hmmm. Odd. I can't withdraw atm. I'll relog and check again, thanks.

EDIT: That did it. Thanks again.
  • Options
    viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the amount of wine is so strong.. I think we need a heaping pile of munster to make this thread complete.
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
  • Options
    avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    I just want my foundry back. *sniffles* "Don't make me put on the sad puppy eyes... Ill do it!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
This discussion has been closed.