test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No more health pots in Arena.. instead..

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
There should be no health potions in these small arena maps. It takes the PvP out of it. There should be potion buffs in there place at random that help with various stats, say 500power,arm pen etc etc. This would just mean more fighting less being a nub and potting all the time and having to use more of a strat. Omg we would have some epic PvP. The maps and 110% mounts and bad players just weaken the team they spend all there time grabbing all the pots and not fighting. If there were different buffs and no healing this would be amazing. Beginning of match a fight for the Power buff. Then take the base. Talk about fun. I could go on and on about the diversity this would bring.
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since I know what this is about:
    If you can't chase someone down to finish him, you don't deserve the kill and he deserves to restore himself and kill you back.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exit strategy is strategy.

Baiting is strategy.

Having mobility advantage is strategy.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric, without those potions in the arenas I'll have no effective way to heal myself.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric, without those potions in the arenas I'll have no effective way to heal myself.

lol.

you'll have to get those rejuvenation potions that tick like the PvP glory pots do. They haven't bothered to a block their use in PvP.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is so true.
    /fellow cleric
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Since I know what this is about:
    If you can't chase someone down to finish him, you don't deserve the kill and he deserves to restore himself and kill you back.

You know what they say when you Assume right ? Well you did. If someone run to a pot comes back ill just kill them still. I was actually talking about how much more fun it could be without them. The maps are so small there is no need for them especially in 5v5. Maybe in a 10v10 lil larger map I could see it. Hope that becomes a part of it. Or a flag carrying map then yes. As of now we could do something a lot more fun without them. Removing health pots, adding buff pots adds having to not be as bad and actually fighting. Or if you are bad then just dying. So I still stick by my idea.

Not only that its a pretty fast paced PvP environment so this would only be more killing and better PvP gameplay. I do like to enjoy my PvP to the fullest :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My new strat has become to take all the pots at full health. No one gets them. This sometimes is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You know what they say when you Assume right ? Well you did. If someone run to a pot comes back ill just kill them still. I was actually talking about how much more fun it could be without them. The maps are so small there is no need for them especially in 5v5. Maybe in a 10v10 lil larger map I could see it. Hope that becomes a part of it. Or a flag carrying map then yes. As of now we could do something a lot more fun without them. Removing health pots, adding buff pots adds having to not be as bad and actually fighting. Or if you are bad then just dying. So I still stick by my idea.

Not only that its a pretty fast paced PvP environment so this would only be more killing and better PvP gameplay. I do like to enjoy my PvP to the fullest :)

Well, to be honest there wouldn't be more fun. There would be less. When I'm playing on my GWF I heavily rely on these pots, they are life savers and allow me to go offensive, without them PvP would be just zerg>die>respawn>zerg>die>respawn rinse and repeat.

You can't rely on cleric healing(10k GS cleric, 400hp/tic self heal ~700 tick on someone and that is most reliable heal, Healing Word) and the pot is the only way to quickly recover after fight, even for clerics who are absolutely unable to self heal.

The size of map or number of player is irrelevant, all mmos with instanced PvP need to have a way of recovering quickly after fight, otherwise preserving after battle is completely meaningless, because why would I want to wait for you to respawn with 100% hp when I'm left there at mid point with 20%.

Removing pots would be fun only to rogues who would just go around happily using stealth lashing blade of barely living people and since we can't do 10-15second rest to regain full health like we can in other MMOs we need to rely on pots to do that for us.

And last but not least, I will use your own argument against you, fast peaced PvP, domination based pvp, its not about more killing, its about preserving your team, about holding objectives and preventing opponents from getting them, not respawn zerg into inevitable death because clerics are damage mitigators, not healers and there is no other way to quickly regain health out of combat.

So as you can see, no matter how will you try to spin it potions are immovable part of current PvP and will be as long as we can't "rest" after fight or until we will get a real healing class that actually CAN heal.

****, that went much longer then I expected.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Well, to be honest there wouldn't be more fun. There would be less. When I'm playing on my GWF I heavily rely on these pots, they are life savers and allow me to go offensive, without them PvP would be just zerg>die>respawn>zerg>die>respawn rinse and repeat

You bring up a interesting point. You described a build that is a reason this should be removed. GWF = Great While Fleeing. This is the phrase used for most of the bad GWF's there are a few that aren't bad. Although the patch did help them out a lot thank god cause all they did before was run to pots instead of fighting on a base. They are supposed to be off tanks/with chain CC's. They should be no where near the potions. This of course is my opinion. Although there are many threads pre patch where player don't want GWF's on there team cause all they do is camp pots spawn get 2 kills and run away.

Don't take offense to this not saying you are bad and I noticed a huge difference after the patch. Now a lot of GWF's have actually started to fill there roll and not run to pots non stop. Which has been a fantastic thing. Removing pots is really fun for everyone. You also said you can't rely on a cleric to heal everything and no you can't. I honestly like PvP matches with no clerics on either team that's a lot more fun fast paced and strat. Having pots that buff and interesting pots too that randomly spawn would only be a great addition. Imagine your by the base about to die and a Immunity pot comes up. Maybe immune for 5 secs. So you can hold off till you get back up. This would be so much better then the meaningless healing pot as you die trying to grab it. No honor.