test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Back to WoW everyone

Comments

• Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you still enjoy WoW, more power to you. Play what you enjoy. I enjoyed it while I played it and stopped playing it when I stopped enjoying it. That goes for this game as well, when my fun stops so do I. Way too many MMO choices out there for anyone to feel like it's either WoW or Neverwinter.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    Either your friend is a master at accounting and market manipulation, or he lied and used exploits. That or he got a lucky drop or two before the market got deflated.

Not necessarily. People post items for less than what they are worth. If something usually goes for 400,000 Astral Diamonds and I find it for 50,000 Astral Diamonds, then I can make a profit of 350,000 Astral Diamonds. Just need to know what people will pay for items and being lucky.
  • Options
    v3g3taxv3g3tax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is it pay to win... I dont see any armor or weapons on the zen market that are unattainable in the game with time..this like all other f2p games these days, is a pay 2 save time an effort..
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v3g3tax wrote: »
    How is it pay to win... I dont see any armor or weapons on the zen market that are unattainable in the game with time..this like all other f2p games these days, is a pay 2 save time an effort..

Yeah, but it's harder for people to whine about when you put it like that. :D
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Impossible, he keeps rubberbanding can't reach the door.

I don't agree with the OP but this made me laugh.

So very, very true.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So how does it feel to be terrible at video games and not able to adapt to stuff that is challenging?
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can you take some other WoW fans with you?
  • Options
    loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    Either your friend is a master at accounting and market manipulation, or he lied and used exploits. That or he got a lucky drop or two before the market got deflated.
    Actually he is pretty smart but honestly he taught me how to play the markets in about 30 minutes. Pretty easy when you think about it.
    happy days!
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Gameplay over graphics my friend.

And NWO's graphics aren't too much better anyway....

Gameplay is a matter of perspective, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I'm enjoying the lore and the gameplay of this game more than any other MMO on the market currently. Sure, it's not as polished as WoW or GW2 but it's Forgotten Realms, there's no rocket ships, robot destructoid pets and no dumbass wow gnomes.

Of course, NWO shouldn't be compared to WoW though, WoW is an older style MMO, whereas NWO is probably closer to Diablo or Torchlight in gameplay.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you like WoW you should try Club Penguin, same demographic.
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    dont hit the door on your way out

To go through a door you must physically touch it, which could be seen as hitting.
    glannigan wrote: »
    If you like WoW you should try Club Penguin, same demographic.

Must be your favourite game then.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mrtastix wrote: »
    To go through a door you must physically touch it, which could be seen as hitting.

Must be your favourite game then.

I wouldn't say its my favorite...but it does have better graphics than WoW.
  • Options
    panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Sorry to say but its back to WoW, NW failed me with its crappy balance and p2w cash shop, WoW 5.3 = baseline 65% resil so yes you can actually pvp again on your chars, sorry but even WoW is better than P2W, I am many others are now going back to WoW, Wildstar.....lets see what you can do

can I haz ur stuff?
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Impossible, he keeps rubberbanding can't reach the door.
    elthuzar wrote: »
    TIL people still play WoW and think it's good.
    2004 called, they want their graphics back.

Bahahahahahahaha now that is funny
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    WoW is a better game than Neverwinter. I don't think any coherent intelligent person can argue otherwise. It has a better design, more content, less exploits and you don't have to wait 5 years for a customer service ticket. They also don't try to gouge you on microtransactions.

The problem with WoW is that it's too good - it has been the best MMO for many years, and if you have played it for many years, it's kind of difficult to keep enjoying it. No MMO is really going to be able to directly compete with WoW because it has 8 years of development funded by millions of subscribers, but lets not pretend that it isn't better.
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    WoW is a better game than Neverwinter. I don't think any coherent intelligent person can argue otherwise. It has a better design, more content, less exploits and you don't have to wait 5 years for a customer service ticket. They also don't try to gouge you on microtransactions.

The problem with WoW is that it's too good - it has been the best MMO for many years, and if you have played it for many years, it's kind of difficult to keep enjoying it. No MMO is really going to be able to directly compete with WoW because it has 8 years of development funded by millions of subscribers, but lets not pretend that it isn't better.

Is that why they have lost over 20 Million subs in the last expansion or two?

It WAS a good MMO, now it's all kung-fu panda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and once you get to end game, you really don't even need a guild, you can do the LFR thing and enjoy end game content. There is little to no skill required to play it anymore, looking at how the talent trees have changed has proved that. This is from a 7 year veteran of WoW. I came to Neverwinter because I am tired of playing with kids on a game that used to be played by adults. Granted there are plenty of kids in Neverwinter, but at least I will find a few adults there.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont hit the door on your way out

because playerbase leaving doesn't affect the game at all.
  • Options
    supermassivefailsupermassivefail Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blizzard is a company everyone loves to hate. Every time there's a new MMO, posts like these will emerge, which are pointless, yes. Then there's a swarm of people that spout nonsense about Wow, assuming this and that. Please, stop. It makes you look ignorant. Calling someone a kid and telling them the game they like is childish doesn't make you look mature nor intelligent.

It's okay to like more than one MMO, folks. :)
  • Options
    blueyedtopazblueyedtopaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (deleted due to user error)
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That baseline resilience doesn't mean anything for me, but it's causing some issues with world pvpers. You're still going to suck without gear so whatever.

Aside from that this game is brand spanking new. How do you possibly think they can fix things so fast? You realize the paladin overhaul happened in late BC? That's nearly 3 years after launch. There is balancing practically every patch and it takes at least a couple months for a patch to be released.

Warriors were broken at the start of MoP and it took until 5.2 to tone them down and finally 5.3 to balance them a little better. That's over 6 months since the MoP launch. NW has been in open beta a little over a week now.

How can you be so unreasonable when it takes WoW minimum a couple months to release a patch?
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have fun with it, i won`t be returning to wow. employees lying and keeping a fake image of a lot to the public.
    i won`t be returning to blizz untill titan, if it would be realy that good, then i just have to ignore blizz posts ;p because at the moment the ones posting aren`t even playing wow themselves, you can notice it sometimes.
    look for yourselves.
    for example best pvp gear was only to get through pvp they actualy said that in an front page blizz post, unless world bosses aren`t played by humans, then that`s a flat lie.
    it was said about pvp discussion to make a point about something, but forgot what it was and whatever it was, the ones posting that must be living in a cave.
    besides that yes pvp is ugly in wow imo, seen it too much i guess.
    althoug it`s nice to sit at a point for a few min untill the whole game for defense depending if someone comes, i prefer action combat, also as in gameplay tactic.
    an 8 year pvp balancing act shows also they adept to the crys of the most people so they keep playing.
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW hasn't been fun since before WotLK. I played a lot until then, after that the whole MMO thing pretty much died out for me. I did have a short stint with Rift, which despite being a WoW clone on many levels, was fun. The devs really listen to you and there is a ton of content coming out all the time. Quit that too after SL came out and thought that's the last MMO I'll ever play.

Neverwinter is different. I am loving it so far. Apart from a few expensive screwups on my part (lost 5000ZEN to misclicks), it has been great. I plan to keep playing it. I just wish the GMs listened at least 10% of what they do in Rift. They would have done all they can to rectify my situation. Still, NEVER back to WoW. It's like a team sport, who has the biggest e-peen. You can't compete with skill anymore, just by how long you can grind gear for.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    kakkajuuliakakkajuulia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm. Get a clue please. Nearly every guy I know liked vanilla/tbc/wotlk more than cata/MoP. For example I have never been able to play over 2 month simultanously wow after wotlk was released but when I found a private vanilla server with nice raiding guilds I was able to play for over 1 year and raid in high end guild for 10-11 months. THen stopped just because got banned. (If someone is interested it was because I said gm's answer was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the gm has been banned a while ago too lolz). Same would have happened with tbc realm I think but I can't raid late anymore because of my work.

TL;DR Vanilla and tbc was great, wow has sucked for 4-5 years now or w/e.

EDit. forgot quote. Answered to the guy who said wow is too good game atm.
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    This is the first action MMO(if you can call it that, more like an ARPG) that I have played in a long time and throughly enjoy it, so no going back to WoW for me as the combat just bores me to death and I would rather just do Foundry once I'm really bored with the dungeons that are available now(as in the epics, t1/t2) and I guess hope for the future MMOs(oh god).
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Excellent, hoping the wow gen moves on and devs can start implementing D&D rules. Waiting since go for something to give with this. Still waiting, cant wait too long or i myself have to bounce back to NWN2. The opposing player pools of action junkies and hardcore D&D gamers cant last long anyway imho.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember WoW is just your MoM on her back....Dad might like that but its kinda Eeeww to me
  • Options
    mreagleye2mreagleye2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW gotta laugh how many subs 8-11 million and is the best and biggest, lol takes a look at any number of MMO's out there just 1 for example is Scarlet Blade 40 million players
    and there are others
    WOW just happened to be the first of the popular MMO's that have been taken up by us in the west
    But if it is or was that good then why ain't 100 million Asians playing it
    I suggest you do let the door hit you on the way out might knock some sense into you
  • Options
    tripodicustripodicus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought I'd completed a pretty big challenge when I finished my 52 week baking marathon earlier this year, but that seems like a walk in the park compared to this weekends creation! I first came across a Patience Cake on the blog Confections of a (Closet) Master Baker. It's written by Gesine Bullock-Prado who as well as being a whizz with all things sugar, also happens to be Sandra Bullock's sister! I remember being in awe of it, promising myself I would have a go at it at some point so I took the plunge...

It's an American recipe so I've converted the quantities from cups, I also changed the flavours from pomegranate & key lime to blueberry & vanilla. I just wanted to share a few highlights of my experience. This is not a cake you can just 'knock up', it took me around 4 hours from start to finish, so you do need an awful lot of patience & when you read the ingredients list, your own chicken could also prove useful!

So deep breath, are you ready? Here goes....

First off you need to make the cakes, you need 2 layers of each flavour so you'll need double the quantities of ingredients listed here.

420g plain flour
    300g caster sugar
    8 eggs
    150ml vegetable oil
    1 tsp salt
    4tsp baking powder

For the vanilla layers you'll also need 125ml milk & 125ml water mixed with the seeds from a vanilla pod.

For the blueberry layer I made a puree by gently heating 250g blueberries in a pan with 1tbsp sugar & a dash of water until they mush down. Pass it through a sieve to get rid of the bits, which should give you around 150ml, then top it up to 250ml with milk. It was a beautiful purple colour, then I added it to the cake mix & the cake mix was the colour of cement...not good! But I rescued it to something that looks edible with some red food colouring.

So by this point I had 4 layers of sponge cake, 2 vanilla & 2 blueberry, I left them to cool while I got on with making an epic quantity of frosting! Ingredients are...

600g caster sugar
    250ml water
    15 egg whites
    Pinch of salt
    900g butter
    Few drops of red food colouring

So if you've been counting so far, that's 2 x 8 eggs for each batch of cakes plus 15 egg whites for the frosting, a massive 31 eggs in total, hence the chicken comment!

By this point, I'll be honest it was starting to turn into a 'I'm losing Patience Cake!' But no turning back, had to push on to construction & I did pick up a really helpful hint on how to evenly slice a cake into layers. Use a ruler to measure up the cake & pop in a cocktail stick at regular intervals so you end up with something looking like a UFO. Guide your knife using the markers & you'll be amazed at how even they end up!

With each layer sliced into three, I had twelve layers in total. The top layers I left to nibble on as they were too uneven to use, then I picked the four neatest & sandwiched them together alternately using the frosting. The cake went into the fridge for about an hour to allow the frosting to set.

To get a puzzle effect you would cut a crater out the middle, spread a thin layer of frosting inside the crater & over the top, add an extra layer to cover the hole, invert the whole cake, invert the chunk You've taken out & squish it back in the hole. Sounds simple doesn't it, but by this point it had turned into the 'I don't have the Patience for this Cake!'

Anyway, I'd got this far, had to get to the end....final thing was to cover the rather bashed looking cake with the remaining frosting.

I was frazzled & was now referring to it as 'this bl***y cake!' Anyway, I had a moment, drank a large glass of Rose & took another look at it. I was quite chuffed I'd done it! But I guess the final test was how it looked when I cut into it & most importantly how it tasted. So, did it look like Gesine's? No, but it didn't collapse into a heap of crumbs & I was quite pleased that I'd managed to create the general effect intended. It tasted nice, but if I'm honest considering the amount of time & ingredients that went into it I was expecting to be blown away. It's not as sweet as it looks, particularly the frosting which is a good thing, but I'm sorry to say I found it a bit on the bland side :-(

Anyway, mission accomplished, I have made a Patience Cake, it wasn't to my taste, but that's not to say you might love it! I'm going for a lie down to recover!
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm. Get a clue please. Nearly every guy I know liked vanilla/tbc/wotlk more than cata/MoP. For example I have never been able to play over 2 month simultanously wow after wotlk was released but when I found a private vanilla server with nice raiding guilds I was able to play for over 1 year and raid in high end guild for 10-11 months. THen stopped just because got banned. (If someone is interested it was because I said gm's answer was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the gm has been banned a while ago too lolz). Same would have happened with tbc realm I think but I can't raid late anymore because of my work.

TL;DR Vanilla and tbc was great, wow has sucked for 4-5 years now or w/e.

EDit. forgot quote. Answered to the guy who said wow is too good game atm.

Right, I meant to say "before WotLK". If you had read the rest of it, that would have become clear. No need to be so angry about it. WoW was the new, great thing on the multiplayer gaming scene which had become rather tired at the time. Before that, MUDs were (and still are) the RPG games that never seem to dwindle. I was an old gamer when WoW came out and I was stunned at how amazing it is. Never thought I'd see the day when most MMOs had become stale.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mreagleye2 wrote: »
    WOW gotta laugh how many subs 8-11 million and is the best and biggest, lol takes a look at any number of MMO's out there just 1 for example is Scarlet Blade 40 million players
    and there are others
    WOW just happened to be the first of the popular MMO's that have been taken up by us in the west
    But if it is or was that good then why ain't 100 million Asians playing it
    I suggest you do let the door hit you on the way out might knock some sense into you

In my experience whats popular is rarely whats quality. Pop games, music, culture in general is always weak on quality. Thats were they ****** up. Hardcore D&D gamers are about quality. Standards and expectations exist for many unpopular gamers.