test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance @ Midnight Tonight (5/25/13 00:00 Pacific Time)

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey All,

We are going to be performing a brief maintenance tonight at midnight to address a handful of high priority issues. The estimated downtime is 90 minutes. We'll keep you in the loop regarding progress and will do our best to complete the maintenance in a timely manner.

Further details regarding the fixing we will be deploying will be posted in the patch notes in a few moments.

Update! Patch Notes posted!

Update: Maintenance is complete!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    We want the ghost companion...

Who said that? :eek:
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is NOT midnight for the EU my dear mod. We are only 250 million people but still show some loooooove
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    What's happening in the patch?
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    See the patch notes on first post?
  • Options
    king7777king7777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add Count down on screen please so we would know :o
    cuse I live different time zone ~_~
    And Thanks for the great game
  • Options
    ralmptralmpt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is some bugs with Control Wizard AoE skills.
    While Arcane Singularity is sucking the enemies into the center, skills such as Sudden Storm or Chill Strike AoE do 0 dmg, I mean 0 dmg.

Is that gona be fixed at any time?

Fix Gold drops on parties please. They are extremely lower then alone. Why do I get 21 copper per mob alone, and in a 2 man party I get 4? Shuldn't it be 10/11?

Another suggestions I have from playing mmoRPGs for a long time:

1- Change the "log out" button to Character select. If I wanna log out, you exit the game.
    2- Maybe remove the double login the first time you enter the game? its annoying. When we get disconnected from AFK I understand.
    3- Have all members in a party get quest progress instead of individually(unless is intentionally). Something I loved in Guild Wars 2 was the fact I didnt care if I was in a party or alone since for me, as a individual would be the same. Now in Neverwinter, Im killing the same mob as my party, it drops a quest item, why would just 1 person get it? why doesnt everyone get it? Makes sence.

4- Cast on walk for some At-Will instant cast skills. Biggest and most important for me. Probably hard to implement atm but would make a MASSIVE difference in game mechanics. Some characters such as Cleric or Control Wizard are ranged heros that have a good utility, damage but are very weak in defensive stats. Now to compensate that weakness we should be able to cast our At-will Skill while walking. This would improve the skill cap of a player for PvP, allow kitting in PvE so you can survive some situations and be able to get out of AoE skill without wasting Action Points. This would improve the game in a big way and get it to another level.

All and all, I thank you for this game.
    Ive been waiting for a mmoRPG like this for years and Ive been enjoying it so much. Lets just hope this gets the best of the games around? xD Fight mechanics from Guild wars 2 and classic items and quests xD

Thank you,
    Ralms.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No!!! Stop maintain on the weekend **** it! It is always gonna be on Weekend all the time like this? I can't play on weekday, I need to go work to feed your guy cash shop, but I guess you don't want my money :)
  • Options
    nakedindiannakedindian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome game always worth waiting for!
  • Options
    saperzapersaperzaper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The auction house level search thing is broken if i put in 30-40 itll come up with level 9 stuff still...
  • Options
    ralmptralmpt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is not the only thing broken in the Auction House. Any kind of sorting doesnt work.

Well, at least is up.
  • Options
    professore12professore12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally some good hours to do maintainance, to be fair it should be swapped everytime between pacific afternoon and europe afternoon times each time there is maintainance. Good job fixing so many bugs.
  • Options
    micmac007micmac007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    king7777 wrote: »
    Add Count down on screen please so we would know :o
    cuse I live different time zone ~_~
    And Thanks for the great game

That is a brilliant idea for the BETA at least. I'm in Australia, and i have no idea what time midnight in america land is compared to here. A timer at the login screen to the next scheduled outage would be really neat

keep up the good work
    :cool:
  • Options
    vilbradrvilbradr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally some good hours to do maintainance, to be fair it should be swapped everytime between pacific afternoon and europe afternoon times each time there is maintainance. Good job fixing so many bugs.
    "good hours" are you kidding me? This is memorial day weekend in the US. Arguably the most volume of players in the game. Taking a 90 minute maintenance on a late Friday night on memorial day weekend is NOT a "good hours" pick. Not to mention these are not OMG we must patch this now type of changes. They could wait for a weekly maintenance and not a almost daily one.

Just my two cents...
    -Vilbradr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    weirdx2weirdx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hows about we keep maintenance to weekdays...like not on a Friday night..... that would be great.... thanks....
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm really hoping this patch will fix the Guardian Fighter's 'Guard' bug, which was introduced in the last patch. Because, as it is, it's not really possible to play a GF at the moment. So I'm hoping that's one of the priority issues they're looking into.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Show some love. Veteran looking for no "Weekend Maintenance" Hook a Afghanistan Vet up....... As I'm sure there are plenty of vets in the same boat...
  • Options
    thekelticdragon9thekelticdragon9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope your gonna add the books to upgrade our companions. am tired of my level 15 cleric getting defeated in like 2 hits.
  • Options
    justicebringer3justicebringer3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The benefit of the Double Astral Diamond Weekend has been removed in situations where it was still in effect...

Ron Simmons: ****!
  • Options
    mophorex666mophorex666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    weirdx2 wrote: »
    Show some love. Veteran looking for no "Weekend Maintenance" Hook a Afghanistan Vet up....... As I'm sure there are plenty of vets in the same boat...

you raise a great point.

how can you argue with that?

*edit* thank you for your service.
  • Options
    herc2k8herc2k8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ralmpt wrote: »
    Another suggestions I have from playing mmoRPGs for a long time:

4- Cast on walk for some At-Will instant cast skills. Biggest and most important for me. Probably hard to implement atm but would make a MASSIVE difference in game mechanics. Some characters such as Cleric or Control Wizard are ranged heros that have a good utility, damage but are very weak in defensive stats. Now to compensate that weakness we should be able to cast our At-will Skill while walking. This would improve the skill cap of a player for PvP, allow kitting in PvE so you can survive some situations and be able to get out of AoE skill without wasting Action Points. This would improve the game in a big way and get it to another level.

Ralms.

+1
    totally agree
  • Options
    moonsphinxenmoonsphinxen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just woke up and thought; "Hey, I think I want to level a bit." But no, there's maintenance :( So, I honestly do hope that it will only take 90min ^^
  • Options
    gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have one request that should be implemented into the game. It's basically the same system used in Torchlight 2;

Have auto need/greed on items. Select what to need/greed/pass in an options menu, and what quality as well.
    I have been playing for just a couple weeks, and running an instance with constant item drops are getting annoying pretty fast ^^
  • Options
    phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ralmpt wrote: »

All and all, I thank you for this game.
    Ive been waiting for a mmoRPG like this for years and Ive been enjoying it so much. Lets just hope this gets the best of the games around? xD Fight mechanics from Guild wars 2 and classic items and quests xD

Thank you,
    Ralms.

Do this and the game will be ruined for melee classes. CWs will just pew pew pew while running away. Stop with the WoW-mind already.
  • Options
    zenigralzenigral Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I guess I need a little QQ time here. In this long list of fixes coming I can't wait to watch this game grow and become everything it can be. With that said, please for the love of what ever celestial being to you pray to, fix the loot system. You have class specific gear, only that class should be able to roll need on it. I had my awesome cream my panties offhand ninja looted in spellplague today and then the guy logged and left the group in a dungeon, in the middle of DD with no way for us to even try and replace and continue. EVERY MMO that is successful has a roll specific que as well. DCU Online, WoW, SWTOR all have it. I hope this is on your list and I hope you got the report I filed against the player. Please, at least send me an in game QQ tissue, thank you NW, I still love you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you raise a great point.

how can you argue with that?

See. The only true reply that is smart.... Make it happen!!!
  • Options
    muckwitymuckwity Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well so much for the 90 mins downtime. ffs pull ya fingers out, its the bloody weekend :(
  • Options
    slikkerishslikkerish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://na.lolesports.com/

nuff said

NA vs EU
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No ranger? wtf 90min for no ranger is bogus, lemme get back to plowing everything in site on my protection paladin! oops, i mean devoted cleric. Like there's a difference....
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png