test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance @ Midnight Tonight (5/25/13 00:00 Pacific Time)

Comments

• dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All! Just a heads-up. We're still progressing through our tests, and hope to finish soon. We'll keep you in the loop!
  • anarelion80anarelion80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its 10am in the morning in Europe, you need to plan your maintenance seeing there are other ppl in the world. Not only the west coast. Or make them faster.
  • lexar131lexar131 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello and thanks for the great game you have develop.
    Since this is a BETA version i believe that any maintenance at any hour is understandable in order to fix problems and test things. I would also like to provide a few suggestions in order to improve the game.

1. The random dungeon group up is a joke. Most matching ends up in rediculous combinations. I strongly suggest two major changes on the matter, a) always a cleric in any matchup (since tanks are not needed at all at the current state of the game) b) a timer with estimate time waiting to join a random dungeon under the above rule.
    2. In order to stop people abuse their random "party leader" power it will be no longer possible to kick a player from a random dungeon unless a vote with all other four members has been passed. In order to also avoid spamming only 1 such vote per player would be possible.
    3. When fixing a bug in a dungeon boss fight, make 1000000% sure that the change you made dosnt make the boss unkillable. A very good example for that is the Epic spider. Has anyone killed the high priestess after the fix?
    4. The zone channel is impossible to watch. Make more default channels like LFG or trade. its like watching matrix at the current state!

thats all i can thing of now :)
  • mophorex666mophorex666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All! Just a heads-up. We're still progressing through our tests, and hope to finish soon. We'll keep you in the loop!

thanks for the update.
  • weirdx2weirdx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    weirdx2 wrote: »
    See. The only true reply that is smart.... Make it happen!!!

Here's the deal, My wife hates when i play MMORPG's, and i love this game. I have to get my wife drunk just so i can play, and I have a kid, which means i can't play that much. So the one time i can play....you are down for maintenance.... I was serious when i said i was a veteran... and this weekend maintenance is bullsh##, for anyone playing. Do maintenance at a normal time like a normal game... I guarantee you will make more money, which is what its all about anyway. Help me out. I promise that everyone will thank you for it...
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    lexar131 wrote: »
    3. When fixing a bug in a dungeon boss fight, make 1000000% sure that the change you made dosnt make the boss unkillable. A very good example for that is the Epic spider. Has anyone killed the high priestess after the fix?

People that aren't completely bad and that didn't rely on exploits before the patch to kill her are still killing her. Who would have tought mh?

The amount of QQ on this forums is entertaining.
  • muckwitymuckwity Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh here we go again. Plz Sir, oh great game maintenance team, make all future fixes/downtime periods are done so it dosent upset us Americans, ffs geta grip. Your not the only ppl in the world to play this game, its about time the rest of the world got a fair slice of the cake when it comes to server downtime.
  • zenigralzenigral Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    areyue wrote: »
    It shouldn't be that hard to implement because it's already done for DC. While in divinity mode, their At-Wills let them move, slower, but they can move.
    Since this is a BETA version i believe that any maintenance at any hour is understandable in order to fix problems and test things. I would also like to provide a few suggestions in order to improve the game.

1. The random dungeon group up is a joke. Most matching ends up in rediculous combinations. I strongly suggest two major changes on the matter, a) always a cleric in any matchup (since tanks are not needed at all at the current state of the game) b) a timer with estimate time waiting to join a random dungeon under the above rule.
    2. In order to stop people abuse their random "party leader" power it will be no longer possible to kick a player from a random dungeon unless a vote with all other four members has been passed. In order to also avoid spamming only 1 such vote per player would be possible.
    4. The zone channel is impossible to watch. Make more default channels like LFG or trade. its like watching matrix at the current state!

yeah killed her twice today and yes these are much wanted changes along with the "I cant leave, kick me" bugand the class specific need rolling. The way you kill her is to take out the first couple Blade Spiders because they will do stupid dmg to anyone they hit, then every one hug the boss no matter where she goes. We had 2 clerics, 2 TRs and a CW. She will keep healing herself so you really have to push to burn her down (unless your TRs pump out great damage) and at about half maybe 55%ish she will change into a form that doesn't teleport as much. Good luck, she can be very hard and sometimes, you have to go in and kill just spiders so that you can get an attempt with out having to worry about them.
  • colefire69colefire69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vilbradr wrote: »
    "good hours" are you kidding me? This is memorial day weekend in the US. Arguably the most volume of players in the game. Taking a 90 minute maintenance on a late Friday night on memorial day weekend is NOT a "good hours" pick. Not to mention these are not OMG we must patch this now type of changes. They could wait for a weekly maintenance and not a almost daily one.

Just my two cents...

perfect point! Why the hell would anyone do maintenance on a Friday night? just does not make sense best time to do maintenance is probably noon/midnight on a wed, (change it up for our foreign friends)

but of course you guys will never listen to us... our opinions dont matter, we're only the ones who put our time and money into your game.
  • erisandeerisande Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .. Guys. It's a 90 minute downtime.

Chill.
  • muckwitymuckwity Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was 90 mins, 1 hr ago
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You really find the epic spider unkillable???????I've never beaten her by using any of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> casual oriented glitches you obviously used and I'm not the only one that played her LEGIT. If you find her unkillable I wonder what's your opinion about the DD brain boss and the CN one lol. The fact that this game is populated by players that have less skill and patience than my grandmother doesn't mean they have the right to QQ about everything in the forums
  • cheeslebergurcheeslebergur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the deal, My wife hates when i play MMORPG's, and i love this game. I have to get my wife drunk just so i can play, and I have a kid, which means i can't play that much. So the one time i can play....you are down for maintenance.... I was serious when i said i was a veteran... and this weekend maintenance is bullsh##, for anyone playing. Do maintenance at a normal time like a normal game... I guarantee you will make more money, which is what its all about anyway. Help me out. I promise that everyone will thank you for it...

ok you sound like a bit of a......
    lets not mention the poor aussie's for example who get prime time maintenance for every game ever, and have to sit up to 3am for any sort of guild activities or media event (xbox reveal).
    lets not mention the staff that perform the maintenance and their shift work/life
    hell.... lets just not mention anybody that isn't you
    edited May 2013
    I specifically asked for a tissue 3 pages ago! I need to dry my "a ninja looted my sweet titties offhand" QQ (-_-)-p
  • weirdx2weirdx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muckwity wrote: »
    Oh here we go again. Plz Sir, oh great game maintenance team, make all future fixes/downtime periods are done so it dosent upset us Americans, ffs geta grip. Your not the only ppl in the world to play this game, its about time the rest of the world got a fair slice of the cake when it comes to server downtime.

I would just like to add... I am for helping everyone in the world...how bout we keep the maintenance in the MIDDLE of the week so that EVERYONE can enjoy a weekend of uninterrupted Neverwinter enjoyment!!!
    edited May 2013
    zenigral wrote: »
    yeah killed her twice today and yes these are much wanted changes along with the "I cant leave, kick me" bugand the class specific need rolling. The way you kill her is to take out the first couple Blade Spiders because they will do stupid dmg to anyone they hit, then every one hug the boss no matter where she goes. We had 2 clerics, 2 TRs and a CW. She will keep healing herself so you really have to push to burn her down (unless your TRs pump out great damage) and at about half maybe 55%ish she will change into a form that doesn't teleport as much. Good luck, she can be very hard and sometimes, you have to go in and kill just spiders so that you can get an attempt with out having to worry about them.

She doesn't heal if you kill the spiders that heal her.You know, the ones that have sparkling lines leading to her when she summons her heals...."Burn her down and pray she doesn't heal for much" is not a very bright tactic..
  • aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add A type of Vote system boot a person out of group, So can avoid by being booted by just the leader. I find many people are being rude and not allowing a person to grab the chest in a DD. It is wrong and It should stop.
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We are going to be performing a brief maintenance tonight at midnight to address a handful of high priority issues. The estimated downtime is 90 minutes. We'll keep you in the loop regarding progress and will do our best to complete the maintenance in a timely manner.

Further details regarding the fixing we will be deploying will be posted in the patch notes in a few moments.

Update! Patch Notes posted!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

They were aware that the maint will take longer than 90 minutes ofcourse. They just didn't care to inform us from the start
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was 90 mins, 1 hr ago

No, downtime started 90 minutes ago at midnight PDT. It is now 1:30 AM PDT.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    She doesn't heal if you kill the spiders that heal her.You know, the ones that have sparkling lines leading to her when she summons her heals...."Burn her down and pray she doesn't heal for much" is not a very bright tactic..

YEAH! what this guy said!
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - Maintenance is running a bit longer than originally scheduled. We hope to have an updated ETA soon!
  • percadinpercadin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    it was 90 mins, 1 hr ago
    In the words of a decently funny comedian.. "here's your sign"
  • drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Decided to buy and download NWN1 & NWN2 since this occurred in my scheduled game time. Have hated going to bed early just because of maintenance. Having fun with NWN 1 so far. =)
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to add... I am for helping everyone in the world...how bout we keep the maintenance in the MIDDLE of the week so that EVERYONE can enjoy a weekend of uninterrupted Neverwinter enjoyment!!!

How about you let the professionals decide when maintenance is necessary?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • lavampiresslavampiress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    No, downtime started 90 minutes ago at midnight PDT. It is now 1:30 AM PDT.
    and its currently 8:30 UTC.. so they are only two minutes late at this time :P
    So people should relax XD
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - Maintenance is running a bit longer than originally scheduled. We hope to have an updated ETA soon!

YEAH! What this guy said!
  • mophorex666mophorex666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i understand your point. this is a beta, so downtime should be expected.

but if the server was located in india, and the maintenance was scheduled around their least active time and that happened to be when i could play, i wouldn't be upset.

they have to plan maintenance around their largest customer base. that makes good business sense. albeit, this is not the best time for north america.

while i'm not thrilled about this, i do appreciate them working on a friday night on a holiday weekend.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and its currently 8:30 UTC.. so they are only two minutes late at this time :P
    So people should relax XD

Yea, relax... we are in overtime ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance taking longer? Shocked, I'm just shocked!
  • ten4goodbuddyten4goodbuddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are still not up? You guys should rethink maintenance on the weekends.