Install Arc
Options

The Gwf Failure

2»

Comments

• Options
    wumaccabangawumaccabanga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    played a dungeon with OP yesterday...he seems to know the game very well, and he's obviously right about gwf being trash atm.

biggest issue is at-will powers imo, i feel totally useless once my encounters are on cooldown...

big sword = slow, big damage
    daggers, ranged = fast, moderate damage

not really the case right now :(
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I said this in another thread, and another and another and this one. Recent interview with a lead designer stated that a lot of players are unhappy with how the GWF is performing and that they are looking into ways to improve it.

Yeah but his leveling speed and potion chugging numbers are perfectly fine!!!!
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Yeah but his leveling speed and potion chugging numbers are perfectly fine!!!!
    OMFG yes!! When I heard him say that in the interview I spit my coffee all over the place. Seriously??? You balance your classes around leveling speed and ****ing potion usage??? Where the hell is Donald Trump when someone needs fired?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Actually I'm on my way as we speak. 46lv atm. The moment I got cleric companion was the moment everything started going nice.
    What you say is what I say, its not that GWF is bad, its CW that is extremely overperforming. Same thing with TR, everyone knows they are over the top.
    I've personally been with ONE sentinel GWF in group on T2 and it was awesome(I'm cleric), he managed to keep most of the stuff on himself somehow.

I'll say this again, its CWs and TRs extremely overperforming, not GWFs and GFs being weak, becase I've been in groups with them and they did extremely nice. But why have it nice, when you can faceroll with CWs and TRs?

Must be nice to be a complete idiot, or maybe just a troll/liar?
  • Options
    gorillacherokgorillacherok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leveling? u can go from lvl 40-60 in 1 day of pvp, leveling is not the issue
  • Options
    patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I said this in another thread, and another and another and this one. Recent interview with a lead designer stated that a lot of players are unhappy with how the GWF is performing and that they are looking into ways to improve it.

What he also said was that the 'feel' was not good, but the numbers told him that leveling was the same speed/pot-use as other classes. So i dont think you have to expect much from the devs in the near future... If they where able to tune the Gwf 60% down since open beta then there is not much hope imo..

I dont understand why the leveling is such a pain. Give us at least a harder hitting single attack.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm so happy I rerolled into a rogue.... now I'm at peace and having a lot of fun ^_^ reroll>profit
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    ploidzploidz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rerolled into a whole other game. I'm doing it wrong? Seriously though, I'm keeping a eye on the Fighter and updates. Maybe if our roars and shouts caused enemies to suicide off cliffs from the terror!

Oh cool a cat cape.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    I'm so happy I rerolled into a rogue.... now I'm at peace and having a lot of fun ^_^ reroll>profit

Good for you!

Now we need to get these other people that cry when they roll a GWF expecting TR's dps to reroll as well and everyone will be happy!
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Today, I did Epic Kurrundax 2x on a GWF and on the first group I outDPS the rogue by 4 million and the CW but it took a while to complete the dungeon. Does that mean the GWF is good? No, it only means that the other were bads. On the second group we did it wayyy faster but I was 3rd in DPS because the rogue and CW knew what they were doing and I felt i was just another "add" I was there to be the group clown, they woulda been better off with another CW or TR.
  • Options
    rollmassbandrollmassband Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In PvP the weakest class. In PvE far, far behind the damage of every tr. Still fun to play, but I don't find myself very usefull.
    If damage isn't buffed, defense and threat generation should be increased so I could pull trashmops away from cws and clerics.
  • Options
    drogon4drogon4 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azzanhur wrote: »
    Concerning his nick, he did very well for a gorilla.

HAHAHA. How much I love a good laugh.

And yes I wholeheartedly agree with the Gorilla.
  • Options
    drogon4drogon4 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    OMFG yes!! When I heard him say that in the interview I spit my coffee all over the place. Seriously??? You balance your classes around leveling speed and ****ing potion usage??? Where the hell is Donald Trump when someone needs fired?

HAHAHA. I love this thread. :)
  • Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *emphatic eyeroll* If you don't like your at-wills, then build your gwf with an eye for not using at-wills. Between savage strike and t1 set, you can at least improve the likelihood that you don't use at-wills if you aren't in unstoppable. Of course, then you aren't using aoe like we're "supposed" to do like everybody else is telling you to do. Oh well.

Just wish my low end damage was slightly higher of course. Critting 16k is nice, but when my low end is still 8.8k; it's averaging out not well.
  • Options
    paradiseguardianparadiseguardian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty much ranking 2nd or 3rd in damage dealt, 1st or 2nd in enemies killed, 1st or 2nd in damage taken, and 1st or 2nd in damage healed. From what I've read through multiple guides; the GWF isn't designed to be top of the list, a barbarian, or a warrior from WoW. It's a "get up in there and mix it up" type of class. I keep up the debuffs on groups of enemies and do continous AOE damage as well as decent single target. Makes things go a lot quicker in groups; and hell even in solo'ing. Utilizing Unstoppable is the best thing for GWF. I like the class. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    nothvnothv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty much ranking 2nd or 3rd in damage dealt, 1st or 2nd in enemies killed, 1st or 2nd in damage taken, and 1st or 2nd in damage healed. From what I've read through multiple guides; the GWF isn't designed to be top of the list, a barbarian, or a warrior from WoW. It's a "get up in there and mix it up" type of class. I keep up the debuffs on groups of enemies and do continous AOE damage as well as decent single target. Makes things go a lot quicker in groups; and hell even in solo'ing. Utilizing Unstoppable is the best thing for GWF. I like the class. Just my opinion.

I like the class, that doesn't mean I look passed it's flaws. Gwf are not needed or even desired in groups. The other classes offer more control and similar AoE.