test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Almost 500 / 1 again

12346»

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    Any more ideas to increase the gap between exploiters and legit players?

They are ideas to provide incentives to players to convert Zen to AD, which then allows free players to actually exchange their AD for Zen at a decent value. Players willing to buy Zen with real cash aren't negatively affected by these issues, you see. If anything, it makes AD pretty cheap. (May make AH items expensive, but that goes for both selling and buying, so the net effect is the same.)

You can play this game completely without being affected by exploiters and without having to pay. It's not an economy simulation, but an RPG with a strong focus on user-created content.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, as soon as the AH comes back up, watch that price, as there are going to be people offloading a ton of newly-exploited PURPLZ anyway. We'll be at 500/1 soon enough as people start turning a new set of ill-gotten gains into Zen.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Well, as soon as the AH comes back up, watch that price, as there are going to be people offloading a ton of newly-exploited PURPLZ anyway. We'll be at 500/1 soon enough as people start turning a new set of ill-gotten gains into Zen.

That has an even less chance of getting it to 500/1. AD must come from somewhere, and the last time such offloading happened, it didn't go to 500/1 anyway. Not to mention unlike cats or keys, those purple armours aren't as expensive, and probably less sought after.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    That has an even less chance of getting it to 500/1. AD must come from somewhere, and the last time such offloading happened, it didn't go to 500/1 anyway.

Yes it did. I'm not sure that you're keeping up at the back.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game is pay2win. 40 bucks for millions of AD? If you sell 40 bucks worth of zen at a 400/1zen rate that's 16 million ad right there. Talk about a broken game.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    This game is pay2win. 40 bucks for millions of AD? If you sell 40 bucks worth of zen at a 400/1zen rate that's 16 million ad right there. Talk about a broken game.

This topic has nothing to do with Pay to Win. Please do not derail.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »

That's a contradiction right there. If people have these large amounts of ADs, they could convert them now (where there is nothing to buy) and we would see 500:1. We don't. The chance that we will see 500:1 when there actually IS something to spend AD on is low. The AD spent on "purpplz" shift from player to player, they don't just appear out of nowhere, as Lyokira also pointed out.

There will be a larger amount of items offered because people have been running dungeons for several days now without a good way of selling their stuff outside of spamming the trade channel. This will lower the prices of items, increasing the purchase power of AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »

Windows has a calculator built in, you could try and use it? $40 equal 4000 Zen, which, if you convert them at 400:1, gives you 1.6M, not 16M. And what do you win? I have bought AD and I still get 2-shot in PvP like everyone else. Maybe I won the game because I dyed my gear? Or bought that 1.5M expensive AD wizard hat so I could use its skin? Well, okay, looking better than free players does make me a winner, I guess! :p
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Maybe I won the game because I dyed my gear? Or bought that 1.5M expensive AD wizard hat so I could use its skin? Well, okay, looking better than free players does make me a winner, I guess! :p

Sorry, you actually came in SECOND. I win because I dyed my gear before you! :)
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »

Gear dyer! get a rope.....
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    That's a contradiction right there. If people have these large amounts of ADs, they could convert them now (where there is nothing to buy) and we would see 500:1. We don't. The chance that we will see 500:1 when there actually IS something to spend AD on is low. The AD spent on "purpplz" shift from player to player, they don't just appear out of nowhere, as Lyokira also pointed out.

There will be a larger amount of items offered because people have been running dungeons for several days now without a good way of selling their stuff outside of spamming the trade channel. This will lower the prices of items, increasing the purchase power of AD.

Another thing that people forget to mention is that anytime an exchange happens on the AH, 12% of the selling price (plus the original posting fee) is permanently removed from the economy. Once the AH is up and running again, millions upon millions of AD will start exiting the economy, which means the exchange rate will drastically shift. (Protip: And it won't be shifting towards 500:1, but rather in the other direction.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »

!!!

Don't make me win even more of the game by buying ADDITIONAL dye bottles and coloring my gear a second time! (I am so close to buying that jester's cap, by the way ...)
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon. Currently at 391 each as opposed to 420-440 yesterday

Auction house saved us
  • Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    varsas13 wrote: »
    Dragon. Currently at 391 each as opposed to 420-440 yesterday

Auction house saved us

This. Also it was never even close to 500. OP is a ****ing drama queen.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think I've ever seen so many economics experts in one game before.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who sells they're Zen for anything less then 500 is crazy. Especially the way the game is now with all the exploited AD still in the game. And do not even tell me they got it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One quick comment about AD to Zen rates. If it's been said before in this thread I apologize (I didn't read the whole 12 pages), but it's worth repeating anyways:

YOU the player set the prices. Cryptic only set the minimum and maximum (50 and 500). If you don't want to purchase Zen at 500 AD per Zen, then DO NOT DO IT. Set a lower price on your bid.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who sells they're Zen for anything less then 500 is crazy. Especially the way the game is now with all the exploited AD still in the game. And do not even tell me they got it all.

First kinda hard to sell zen for 500 when people are selling it for less than 400

And just because there is still Exploited AD out there does not mean they're throwing it all away like it was Caturday
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    varsas13 wrote: »
    Dragon. Currently at 391 each as opposed to 420-440 yesterday. Auction house saved us

And no cats for under 1M in the AH, either.