test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Almost 500 / 1 again

Comments

• midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    The exchange rate on Beholder is ~418 AD per Zen at the moment and rising...
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    It will stabilize eventually. Just keep waiting.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Absolutely. My 260 dollars for founders packs helped support the development.

Plus I know I won't get hacked, have trojans/keyloggers installed or give out my payment information and wake up tomorrow with my bank account emptied and all my characters stripped of loot.

Or get an email from the Prince of Namibia, asking you to help with a transaction... :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    The exchange rate on Beholder is ~418 AD per Zen at the moment and rising...
    edited May 2013
    *double post*
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panzer88 wrote: »
    I understand why it fluctuates from server to server, I am just wondering WHY they(cryptic) set it up like that and not one universal Xchange since ultimately, they will all be merged. I wonder if they wanted completely separate economies for each server or something?

The same reason why they set up multiple servers to begin with.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

This is the biggest load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you didn't do anything to clean up the market, you just slapped some hands, ban 1 out of 3 exploiters accounts, and the market is FUBAR!

Good luck!

I will play your game, but not spend another dime on it.... Hope lots of others follow in that practice too, see how long the servers run with no money to support it!

this game will be dead in 2 months tops, they are getting what they deserve, crappy business tactics=fail business and product.
    edited May 2013
    Just to reiterate, any zen/ad ratios at the moment is entirely inaccurate because one significant AD sink (the AH) is unavailable. I do agree however that the significant discrepancy between shards should be looked into, because that is indeed suspicious.
  • luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's rising, 390 now on mindflayer and once the AH is up, the mules are going to go on overdrive.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    430 on dragon ,and all zen under sell in few sec even 10k+zen bids,and huge piles of keys are selling there and trade
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    It's rising, 390 now on mindflayer and once the AH is up, the mules are going to go on overdrive.

In theory, it should be the exact opposite. Right now, people can only spend AD on Zen (be it exploiter or otherwise), and that's what making the ratio rise. The moment all those people can actually spend the AD elsewhere, is the moment the ratio should in theory fall. This has no bearing on whether there is a massive influx of AD or not.

Or to put another way, how would exploiters using the AH drive the ratio higher up?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    430 on dragon ,and all zen under sell in few sec even 10k+zen bids,and huge piles of keys are selling there and trade

Yes, it is admittedly concerning. I noticed someone offering keys for less than their Zen/AD value. I had hoped the exchange rate would go down after the initial fear reaction, but it's still persistently at around 430.

I imagine this is being looked into.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    In theory, it should be the exact opposite. Right now, people can only spend AD on Zen (be it exploiter or otherwise), and that's what making the ratio rise. The moment all those people can actually spend the AD elsewhere, is the moment the ratio should in theory fall. This has no bearing on whether there is a massive influx of AD or not.

Or to put another way, how would exploiters using the AH drive the ratio higher up?
    they will sell all keys, cats ,gear they exploited on ah and buy lot more zen
    edited May 2013
    Random suggestion. Might be a little backhand... but given how you all are complaining about this, I assuming they're posting in general chat fast enough to be considered spam?
    edited May 2013

This about that a moment. If they had nigh infinite AD, why would they need to sell Zen items in AH to get more AD to buy Zen?

EDIT: If they were selling Keys which they had stockpiled, they wouldn't need to use the Zen/AD exchange to begin with, hence the exchange shouldn't be rising at the moment.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    There is also the fact that the majority of us who purchase zen in bulk no longer need to lose it right away to buy something we have to have, therefore making it so we don't bother selling it for less.

I'll only sell zen at a minimum of 495 per and only if I feel I must have the AD for something.

I could see it(and hope to see it) staying 490+ myself.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That is only speculation. It's just as likely that the re-opening of the AH will lead to increased demand for AD, which then brings back the exchange rate. There isn't much right now for anyone to spend AD on. I imagine more people think like you, so not even vendor stuff, like the cats, may work as a reliable AD sink. As long as everyone is in a "wait and see" position, the exchange rate can't go down. Panicked people are more likely to sell AD than buy AD.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the days after the AH re-opens. I'm curious if we'll see cats being sold for below the vendor value,
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This about that a moment. If they had nigh infinite AD, why would they need to sell Zen items in AH to get more AD to buy Zen?

EDIT: If they were selling Keys which they had stockpiled, they wouldn't need to use the Zen/AD exchange to begin with, hence the exchange shouldn't be rising at the moment.

Care to elaborate on this theory further? I don't seem to understand your point entirely.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

This is the biggest load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you didn't do anything to clean up the market, you just slapped some hands, ban 1 out of 3 exploiters accounts, and the market is FUBAR!

Good luck!

I will play your game, but not spend another dime on it.... Hope lots of others follow in that practice too, see how long the servers run with no money to support it!

380:1 on mindflayer
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    That is only speculation. It's just as likely that the re-opening of the AH will lead to increased demand for AD, which then brings back the exchange rate. There isn't much right now for anyone to spend AD on. I imagine more people think like you, so not even vendor stuff, like the cats, may work as a reliable AD sink. As long as everyone is in a "wait and see" position, the exchange rate can't go down. Panicked people are more likely to sell AD than buy AD.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the days after the AH re-opens. I'm curious if we'll see cats being sold for below the vendor value,

i also have a feeling that the ah won't be back up until they have finished their investigations and banned everyone involved.
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on this theory further? I don't seem to understand your point entirely.

There are three possible scenarios. Either the exploiters has a lot of AD, or a lot of keys.

1) Exploiter has a lot of AD: they start buying up Zen, case closed. This however does not explain the keys.
    2) Exploiter has a lot of Keys: This means there shouldn't have been enough AD to push up the prices of the Zen/AD exchange anyway at start, meaning that increase had nothing to do with exploiters.
    3) Exploiter has a lot of Keys and Zen: On hindsight admittedly a possibility.

Both key situations of course implies that they got the keys from AH initially... (again, the target for exploiters is to get Zen, otherwise, there wouldn't be any effect on Z/A exchange)

Both also assumes all the AD/keys is from the original exploit. If there is a new exploit, all theory can be thrown out of the window.

(still formulating further thoughts)
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    There is also the fact that the majority of us who purchase zen in bulk no longer need to lose it right away to buy something we have to have, therefore making it so we don't bother selling it for less.

I'll only sell zen at a minimum of 495 per and only if I feel I must have the AD for something.

I could see it(and hope to see it) staying 490+ myself.

I agree. Because there is no AH at the moment zen bought items can only be got with zen so people want to exchange AD for Zen. People who have Zen have no real need to exchange it for AD as a lot of the things that you can buy for AD at the moment are generally cheap enough to get from the daily grinds.

These 2 factors will inevitable drive the exchange rate to favour Zen as it is the most useful of the two currencies until the AH reopens.
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    These 2 factors will inevitable drive the exchange rate to favour Zen as it is the most useful of the two currencies until the AH reopens.

This is pretty much how I see it, too. I currently have about 22k Zen in my balance, and I also still have several million AD from previous exchanges. On top of that I have already bought cats for my characters that I wanted a cat for (from the NPC vendor -- I had bought AD during headstart for 500:1, plus the founder pack AD). Mount upgrades are not an AD sink for me due to the founder mounts for all characters.

So without the AH, there is virtually nothing I can spend AD on at the moment, while steadily making more AD by just playing and doing daily quests. (I only "lose" AD by tipping foundry authors.) Even with the AH there is nothing that I really need or want at the moment, since my main character is fairly well geared and my alts are all somewhere between 20 and 50, so they have no need for AH bought gear.

I think we may see more AD moneysinks in the game eventually.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    i also have a feeling that the ah won't be back up until they have finished their investigations and banned everyone involved.

If it was about that, they wouldn't have opened the exchange. Now they can use their AD to buy items and spread them like crazy, it's no different from having AH open. I doubt it's a question of choice when it comes to AH, I just don't think they can do it. Like they have to wait 5days to let the auctions expire or something.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hmm, I hadn't seen any qty of zen that high, which led me to think of one possible thing that might be causing exchange problems.

There's not actually that much zen in the market.

I mean, compare it to STO, where you can look at the market and there's 150k zen sitting there at the "main" price, with 50-100k at the levels around it. Combined with the fact you can't just suddenly get a mil AD/Dilithium from the auction, so there's only the 8k you can refine each day, this adds a bit more stability - it's hard to just "buy out" the STO zen market.

(There's also probably additional factors - like, since you can't farm some rare drops and then auction them for a couple mil Dilithium, the only way for a "big player" to obtain a large amount of Dil quickly in STO is to sell zen for it. There's also the "I need AD/Dil to spend on <project>" thing - yeah, there's less Big Projects in STO, but they likely have more demand for them. Most of the huge expenses in NWO seem...... not so handy. 2mil for mount training? Just buy a fast mount to start with. 2mil for crappy purples? Get dungeon drops for less on the market. Etc, etc, etc. What is there that people really want to spend a pile o' AD on, quickly?)
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    This is pretty much how I see it, too. I currently have about 22k Zen in my balance, and I also still have several million AD from previous exchanges. On top of that I have already bought cats for my characters that I wanted a cat for (from the NPC vendor -- I had bought AD during headstart for 500:1, plus the founder pack AD). Mount upgrades are not an AD sink for me due to the founder mounts for all characters.

So without the AH, there is virtually nothing I can spend AD on at the moment, while steadily making more AD by just playing and doing daily quests. (I only "lose" AD by tipping foundry authors.) Even with the AH there is nothing that I really need or want at the moment, since my main character is fairly well geared and my alts are all somewhere between 20 and 50, so they have no need for AH bought gear.

I think we may see more AD moneysinks in the game eventually.

Suggestions:
    1) Some crafts (or basically, all high tier ones) to REQUIRE AD to complete
    2) AD as a separate option to improve quality per craft
    3) AD as an option to improve fusion success rate, up to a certain limit
    4) AD basic fashion shop
    5) AD basic props/emotes
    6) More AD consumables
    7) AD bank slots. I mean, they already allow guilds to do the same, why not individual players?
  • luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Suggestions:
    1) Some crafts (or basically, all high tier ones) to REQUIRE AD to complete
    2) AD as a separate option to improve quality per craft
    3) AD as an option to improve fusion success rate, up to a certain limit

Any more ideas to increase the gap between exploiters and legit players?

395-400 going rate on mindflayer
    edited May 2013

395-400 going rate on mindflayer
    There will always be a gap between exploiters and players until the exploits are fixed and said exploiters are rolled backed/wiped/banned.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will always be a gap between exploiters and players until the exploits are fixed and said exploiters are rolled backed/wiped/banned.

No need to make it worse though.
    edited May 2013

They are ideas to provide incentives to players to convert Zen to AD, which then allows free players to actually exchange their AD for Zen at a decent value. Players willing to buy Zen with real cash aren't negatively affected by these issues, you see. If anything, it makes AD pretty cheap. (May make AH items expensive, but that goes for both selling and buying, so the net effect is the same.)

You can play this game completely without being affected by exploiters and without having to pay. It's not an economy simulation, but an RPG with a strong focus on user-created content.