test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Almost 500 / 1 again

tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

This is the biggest load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you didn't do anything to clean up the market, you just slapped some hands, ban 1 out of 3 exploiters accounts, and the market is FUBAR!

Good luck!

I will play your game, but not spend another dime on it.... Hope lots of others follow in that practice too, see how long the servers run with no money to support it!
Post edited by tredo on

Comments

• Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the exchange was down for nearly two days and people want to unload their legitimately gained astral diamonds for Zen, of course not, it has to be about the exploits no other logical explanation.

Relax, take a deep breath, and post again in two days when the economy has a chance to normalize after extended downtime.

One has to wonder, when the AH is back up and people flood the market with the purples they've been farming will you then say that the market price crash is a result of exploits?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's going to take some time to see for sure. It doesn't look good at this point.
  • Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    See the thing about your "idea" is it's a valuable tool used by a community of people who back each other up... unfortunately due to how our current generation and culture is we're only out for ourselves and as long as someone who had no value in said systems isn't affected he will always oppose you and then there's the white knights who would never believe anything is ever wrong...

shaudius wrote: »
    This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the exchange was down for nearly two days and people want to unload their legitimately gained astral diamonds for Zen, of course not, it has to be about the exploits no other logical explanation.

uhhh yeah man... definitely must be that... wasn't that way prior to the exploit but absolutely must be that now... must be the sheerest of coincidences that everyone on a Tuesday is home logged in and swapping currencies...
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    harpsichord23harpsichord23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See the thing about your "idea" is it's a valuable tool used by a community of people who back each other up... unfortunately due to how our current generation and culture is we're only out for ourselves and as long as someone who had no value in said systems isn't affected he will always oppose you and then there's the white knights who would never believe anything is ever wrong...
    Are... are you on acid right now?

What were the exchange rates like before? I've no interest in the zen stuff so I never checked it out.
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    From all accounts, looking at the patch history since open beta the only things they have fixed are minor bugs and those issues that impact thier play to win revenue stream. Cryptic doesn't mind exploiters as long as they get a cut.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The market needs time to normalize.
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What were the exchange rates like before? I've no interest in the zen stuff so I never checked it out.

I bought 100 zen just before the crash at 369/1
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The last I looked, on Saturday, they were about 347 ADs to 1 Zen.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I was never under the impression acid equates to open minded and educated.

300's the more put in makes it rise.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mindflayer is down to 365 . It never sold at 500 this morning , or at least not enough to sell mine . It dropped very fast . Since I listed mine at 500 , by the time I pulled it I barely got in at 410 and didn't sell it all . had to sell the last at 370 . It has held steady at 370-360 for a couple of hours now .
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Give it time for the zen/ad market to normalize again. On the other hand if you wanna sell ZEN for AD this is a very good time to sell and pick up a Cat :)
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to wait for the weekend and see where it's at.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    with a wipe it would of been normalized... can anyone dispute that?
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    So you're saying it just got cheaper to buy Zen and turn in into AD. Bad if you're hoarding AD, good if you had USD and really wanted a Cat.
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uhhh yeah man... definitely must be that... wasn't that way prior to the exploit but absolutely must be that now... must be the sheerest of coincidences that everyone on a Tuesday is home logged in and swapping currencies...

What are you talking about? The price for AD/Zen has been at 450-460 several times over the last week and a half, long before the exploit was well known, if it was known at all, this happens usually during European prime time, as anyone who actually watches the exchange could tell you. But of course people see this now and assume that it has to be because of the exploit and not because of simple market manipulation by someone with a bunch of AD they got through selling(you only need a few million AD to manipulate the exchange right now.)
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

This is the biggest load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you didn't do anything to clean up the market, you just slapped some hands, ban 1 out of 3 exploiters accounts, and the market is FUBAR!

Good luck!

I will play your game, but not spend another dime on it.... Hope lots of others follow in that practice too, see how long the servers run with no money to support it!

This is different than before. Right now Zen has more value than AD. The auction house is down making AD practically worthless in comparison. Want an epic mount right this moment? You need Zen. What about an epic companion? Zen. Etc
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    This is different than before. Right now Zen has more value than AD. The auction house is down making AD practically worthless in comparison. Want an epic mount right this moment? You need Zen. What about an epic companion? Zen. Etc

Also this. Give it a few days then we'll see just how ruined the economy is, if it is at all.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with a wipe it would of been normalized... can anyone dispute that?

Again, wait for the weekend. it was not atypical to see zen prices go way up during the weekdays.

If it's still 400+ saturday night, then I'd say there's been a serious impact. 450+ on sat night, there is someone out there (legitimate or not) <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the economy.
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the Auction House down, no one is currently buying AD. Plenty of people want to buy Zen, as enchanted keys have replaced AD as currency.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    So you're saying it just got cheaper to buy Zen and turn in into AD. Bad if you're hoarding AD, good if you had USD and really wanted a Cat.

I want a cat :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noppe102 wrote: »
    With the Auction House down, no one is currently buying AD. Plenty of people want to buy Zen, as enchanted keys have replaced AD as currency.

And cats :)
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, in all fairness...We told them so..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I wonder why they don't hard cap the exchange to 320 AD per Zen. I mean, it would lock the exchange to be equal to what it costs for the reward you can get (320AD x 125 = 40000 AD, which is the idol reward you can get from a lockbox that requires a 125 zen key).

I can understand some profit margins, etc. So when I last looked at the exchange, seeing 365 AD per zen wasn't a big deal. 500/zen is pretty harsh.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They do have the Zen/AD exchange hard-capped on the low and high side. Just not at the numbers you would desire. On the other hand, it works like a stock market, so it fluctuates based on supply and demand. If players weren't demanding Zen and only posting for a lower rate, then the price would drop naturally.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013

Good luck!

roger that good buddy...I feel like a fool putting money into this game.
  • Options
    maxthekoboldmaxthekobold Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop faking guyz! The economy is fixed and all the exploiters have been banned.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    NW doesn't work on fixing things = people complaining.
    NW works on fixing things = people complaining.

Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Stop faking guyz! The economy is fixed and all the exploiters have been banned.

Yeah because someone claiming their mules weren't banned in a piece of text and posting a screenshot which could have been taken at any time, including during the time when the exploit was rampant in the game is proof. ::eyeroll:: If they had balls they'd give everyone the name of their mule to prove that they didn't get banned, but of course they won't do that, either because their mule wasn't really banned and they're a scared of getting it banned or they're just bull****ting. My guess is probably the latter.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will play your game

94927_Papel-de-Parede-Futurama-Fry--94927_1680x1050.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh look the exchange is down to 409 AD/Zen. When I bought Zen 2 weeks ago it was 385 AD/Zen. Clearly the economy is ruined.