test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Economy About to Take Another Hit

qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just learned that for the past few days people have been using a new exploit to farm T2 bosses and delves that puts the Pirate King farm to shame. They have been stockpiling the loot from it in their mail/overflow bags waiting for the AH to come back up to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the economy once again.

I have already reported it in-game a minute ago, might be a good idea for NWE to ban these people before bringing back up the AH and prevent further damage to the economy.
Post edited by qrytical on

Comments

• Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeap, it's everywhere. Broker's going to be hilarious once it goes back up.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Oh God, what is is this time...
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you surprised? This economy has been dead since day 1. They've had so many problems, the game isn't going to last as long as it could have
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likely relating to the infinite stamina/guard exploit and another GF infinite damage exploit (which I fully expect is related).

Not like those T2 armour wasn't already dirt cheap..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ideagoras wrote: »
    Oh God, what is is this time...

I don't want to get the thread deleted by describing the exploit, all I'm going to say it that it's worse than the GF/PK farm together. People are clearing T2 delves so quickly that basically the limiting factor is how fast you can reset and re-form the group.

Needless to say NWE needs to hold back the AH and take care of this before even thinking of bringing it back, or **** is really going to hit the fan.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Likely relating to the infinite stamina/guard exploit and another GF infinite damage exploit (which I fully expect is related).

Not like those T2 armour wasn't already dirt cheap..

Not even close, but yeah, infinite stamina has been around for a week or two now. Doesn't have much of an impact in the economy though.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    I don't want to get the thread deleted by describing the exploit, all I'm going to say it that it's worse than the GF/PK farm together. People are clearing T2 delves so quickly that basically the limiting factor is how fast you can reset and re-form the group.

Needless to say NWE needs to hold back the AH and take care of this before even thinking of bringing it back, or **** is really going to hit the fan.

This has been around long enough already that they can't do much with the amount of supply people are hoarding, waiting. Basically they can't keep up.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    exploits ? in neverwinter ? no way, you liar and PW is so awesome. /sarcasm
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting stupidly predictable. I am not sure that even any actual MMO beta (as opposed to a soft launch, which is what we have here) had quite this many exploits......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not even close, but yeah, infinite stamina has been around for a week or two now. Doesn't have much of an impact in the economy though.
    It's not the infinite stamina/guard that's the issue, it's the GF infinite damage that's the issue... which I suspect is completely related to the infinite stamina/guard, and fixing that would fix the infinite damage by proxy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not the infinite stamina/guard that's the issue, it's the GF infinite damage that's the issue... which I suspect is completely related to the infinite stamina/guard, and fixing that would fix the infinite damage by proxy.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with GF's infinite damage bug or infinite stamina.

Basically any class can replicate the exploit I'm referring to, which is why I hope PWE realizes of its magnitude and bans/fixes things before re-opening the AH.
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

Take a look at Reckless Attacker. Then realize that the guard/stamina is set on Client Side . Add the two together.

You don't need to suspect anything, it's right there on Google.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Hello.

Take a look at Reckless Attacker. Then realize that the guard/stamina is set on Client Side . Add the two together.

Well, that's my suspicion. Of course, I wouldn't know for sure since I'm not actually using it, but I have already PMed a forum mod of my suspicion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh hey, reading the comments, apparently stealth is client side too. Lovely.
    Well, that's my suspicion. Of course, I wouldn't know for sure since I'm not actually using it, but I have already PMed a forum mod of my suspicion.

Well, it's always good to stay aware of what's going on in terms of exploits even if you don't intend to use it ... for educational purposes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Hello.

Again this has nothing to do with it. Also guard doesn't work the same way stamina does (i.e. no infinite guard).

I have already reported the bug, but for the sake of saving the game's economy if the GMs still don't know about it send me a message and I'll describe so it can be fixed before it's too late.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again this has nothing to do with it. Also guard doesn't work the same way stamina does (i.e. no infinite guard).

I have already reported the bug, but for the sake of saving the game's economy if the GMs still don't know about it send me a message and I'll describe so it can be fixed before it's too late.

No, there is infinite guard or I am pretty sure there is because the person who runs a certain blog said so. And why would I believe that person? Well, why don't you do a bit of Googling? Needless to say, a person can currently solo Castle Never in apparently 10 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Just PM them directly. They're likely less swarmed than the support tickets, and at the very least we know they actually work. :p

Also, there's a non-negligible possibility that there's simply more than one exploit at work here. We might both be right.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The economy is already dead. The game will die soon if this **** keeps happening
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Duping astral diamonds (which is basically what the AH bug was) hurts the economy. Flooding the market with high level gear does not hurt the economy at all (unless you are talking about the T2 gear economy). All that will do is make it so that everyone can afford T2 gear because it won't be very expensive. That is good for everyone (except those that wanted to make a living charging very high prices for T2 gear).
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    High level characters grinding dungeons and selling high level gear is bad for the games economy? Who'd have thought...
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    anicocia88anicocia88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Flooding doesn't hurt the economy at all? That's funny. Because I'm pretty sure it does & is hurting the "economy".
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Duping astral diamonds (which is basically what the AH bug was) hurts the economy. Flooding the market with high level gear does not hurt the economy at all (unless you are talking about the T2 gear economy). All that will do is make it so that everyone can afford T2 gear because it won't be very expensive. That is good for everyone (except those that wanted to make a living charging very high prices for T2 gear).

Yep, quite. It will make it quite cheap for anyone sitting on a pile of zen to load up on T2. Of course, the people with the most ready zen supply will be exploiters who don't need it anyway, as they have been exploit farming dungeons too. However, it will make it a bit cheaper for the small cadre of players with legitimately-gained zen too, after it hits 500 ad again also.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt the economy, in any sane universe. However, it's just so completely pathological that it doesn't screw it up more right now.

NW has become all metagame now, in some ways.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anicocia88 wrote: »
    Flooding doesn't hurt the economy at all? That's funny. Because I'm pretty sure it does & is hurting the "economy".

Uh, no. It destroys a source of profit (T2 grinding for AD), since there will be so much T2 gear that prices will go down. Someone will have the brilliant idea of selling it super low, he'll sell lots and other vendors will notice that no one is willing to pay 100 k for a piece anymore. So prices drop.

In the end, everyone will have a Tier 2 set.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    keegantir0keegantir0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Analogy time:

In the real world, if more money is printed, inflation happens. If a ton more money is printed (as happened with the AD exploit) then hyper-inflation happens and the economy crashes.

If more cars are made, car prices go down. If a ton more cars are made, car prices go down even more. The economy is not harmed, other than for car manufacturers. Same with t2 gear. It only harms those who farm the gear, for them to increase the supply of said gear.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Uh, no. It destroys a source of profit (T2 grinding for AD), since there will be so much T2 gear that prices will go down. Someone will have the brilliant idea of selling it super low, he'll sell lots and other vendors will notice that no one is willing to pay 100 k for a piece anymore. So prices drop.

In the end, everyone will have a Tier 2 set.
    Thank you, I work hard farming T2 dungeons for 1 or 2 pieces of epic which takes around an hour to finish. When the market goes back up, the items I have farmed should make me a lot of AD, but because of the exploit, maybe half of what I expected to make before. I don't support a character wipe though, that's just stupid.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how some people have a better grasp of economy in games than IRL.
  • Options
    ifellfromgraceiifellfromgracei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've already stopped playing the game after the last fiasco but I still do visit the forums. What can I say, sheer boredom at times, stuck at work with nothing else to do. Regardless of my loser self browsing forums for a game I no longer play it never fails to bring me more glorious drama.

Can there be any doubt now that Neverwinter has got to be the most exploited mmo launch (or beta test) of all time? Seriously every other day there is a brand new exploit hot off the press.

Such a shame, the game itself is great fun. I just can't will myself to devote actual play time to a game that gives absolutely no way for a legit player to ever touch the levels of the exploiters. Nor can I deal with having my progress wiped though no fault of the devs I might add. No, I don't blame Cryptic I seriously blame the players.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Thank you, I work hard farming T2 dungeons for 1 or 2 pieces of epic which takes around an hour to finish. When the market goes back up, the items I have farmed should make me a lot of AD, but because of the exploit, maybe half of what I expected to make before. I don't support a character wipe though, that's just stupid.

Yes, I'm aware that for some people this will look as a very sour consequence, though most prices for top-rate gear are prohibitve, you must admit that. I've seen a GF shield that's usually bid for a million. That's about 30 euros.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So basicly what i read here is "everybody wil have endgame maxed out hero's, nothing left to do on there toon, but it wont effect the games expected duration in any way?" sounds pretty funny to me wil see how it turns out :cool:, i wonder how proud everybody wil be at there toon when it is maxed out in 2 weeks buying super cheap endgame gear without 0 challenge in obtaining them.

I hope u all love foundry quest's after ure char's are maxed out xD?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -