Install Arc
Options

Economy About to Take Another Hit

Comments

• Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    It's amazing how some people have a better grasp of economy in games than IRL.

Having knowledge and utilizing it are often two separate actions.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey it's the whine of the day...wonder when we are going to start getting the whine of the moment?
    Steppenkat and keegamtir explained it to the point a two year old could understand it, so there really isn't any reason to continue this silliness.

no 1 iz n your AH Xploiting ur ekonomy
    :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Yes, I'm aware that for some people this will look as a very sour consequence, though most prices for top-rate gear are prohibitve, you must admit that. I've seen a GF shield that's usually bid for a million. That's about 30 euros.

Or will they!? With a new wave of exploits, it should come very cheap! I have little faith that Cryptic can fix these within a week which is more than enough to grant most people T2 .
    itheryel wrote: »
    So basicly what i read here is "everybody wil have endgame maxed out hero's, nothing left to do on there toon, but it wont effect the games expected duration in any way?" sounds pretty funny to me wil see how it turns out :cool:, i wonder how proud everybody wil be at there toon when it is maxed out in 2 weeks buying super cheap endgame gear without 0 challenge in obtaining them.

I hope u all love foundry quest's after ure char's are maxed out xD?

No, it's called enjoy exploiting the game if you're bored and if not then just shelve the game for a bit and play something else until new content arrives for you to exploit/play/enjoy/whatever . F2P games are disposable.

I've always been for flooding the AH with cheap high end gear, it makes it less of a grind and more of a "Well, let's just run this dungeon once and enjoy it. " Too bad PvP is totally screwed every time an exploit pops up regarding the characters. =/
  • Options
    antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Uh, no. It destroys a source of profit (T2 grinding for AD), since there will be so much T2 gear that prices will go down. Someone will have the brilliant idea of selling it super low, he'll sell lots and other vendors will notice that no one is willing to pay 100 k for a piece anymore. So prices drop.

In the end, everyone will have a Tier 2 set.

And that is even worse, because it hurts not the economy, but the game itself.

No challenge ----> boredom ----> people only play when updates/expansions and leave soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And that is even worse, because it hurts not the economy, but the game itself.

No challenge ----> boredom ----> people only play when updates/expansions and leave soon.

Similar issues have happened in STO, LOTRO and even the much beloved WoW....those game are far from dead, even if this does come to pass, economies both real and virtual have a tendency to right themselves. The ones who are pissed here are the ones that want to sell end game gear at stupid prices, fear not you will have the chance again as soon as the next tier of gear is released.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if the core goal of this game for you is to get fully equipped, which is not in my opinion. Also, you could try doing the epic dungeons without recurring to exploit mechanics before they get fixed, if you want that challenge. Or you could refrain yourself from using the AH. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm aware that for some people this will look as a very sour consequence, though most prices for top-rate gear are prohibitve, you must admit that. I've seen a GF shield that's usually bid for a million. That's about 30 euros.
    I admit, the prices before the exploit were decent, and you could make ad pretty easily, which is good. But now, when the ah is back up, I'm hoping the prices aren't too messed up. It's a shame though, these 1 million ad items I always roll 10-20 on lol D:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Similar issues have happened in STO, LOTRO and even the much beloved WoW....those game are far from dead, even if this does come to pass, economies both real and virtual have a tendency to right themselves. The ones who are pissed here are the ones that want to sell end game gear at stupid prices, fear not you will have the chance again as soon as the next tier of gear is released.

Because in these games you can play the alter-game, for a plethora of reasons you cant do that here: few classes, few character slots, gear is BoE, very limitied class roles......
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am considering rolling self found/no pushing of cliffs since i am not lvl 60 i can stil do this and enjoy the content as designed.
    If anybody is a lunatic like me send me a pm and i wil add u ingame (currently lvl 39 cleric/lvl 36 GWF going non coockie-cutter builds ,tank cleric bottom paragon path, and destroyer suport gwf) it would be cool to add some like-minded people to my f-list since i only have 2 people in it atm xD
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Only if the core goal of this game for you is to get fully equipped, which is not in my opinion. Also, you could try doing the epic dungeons without recurring to exploit mechanics before they get fixed, if you want that challenge. Or you could refrain yourself from using the AH. :)

You are so naive it's even cute.
  • Options
    besharpebesharpe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stealth is allready being used. Rogue comes in I dodge, get ready to melt face...rogue is no where to be seen. Attacks shortly after dodge again etc etc. I thought I was missing something but they must be exploiting because normally if I dodge the first stealth attack then I am good to go..even if I was missing something this happened like 3 strikes and dodges and still rogue was invis.
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I quit purchasing Zen. I don't need bag space, repsecs and special companion if end game is destroyed. It sounds like Ill play the characters that I like to 60 and then get all the best in slot gear for dirt cheap. Mess around as an OP character and quit. Its sad because I really like the gameplay of this game. Hopefully things get fixed before then.

Well there is always hope for that other skill based MMO that's being released soon. :p
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's say the OP is right and there is a new T2 dungeon exploit. I don't see how this will impact the economy like the AD exploit did. IMO the worst thing that can happen is the prices for T2 gear will go down and the people who were involved in the exploit get the bannhammer a few hours/days later.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »
    This is why I quit purchasing Zen. I don't need bag space, repsecs and special companion if end game is destroyed. It sounds like Ill play the characters that I like to 60 and then get all the best in slot gear for dirt cheap. Mess around as an OP character and quit. Its sad because I really like the gameplay of this game. Hopefully things get fixed before then.

Well there is always hope for that other skill based MMO that's being released soon. :p

Or you can always derp around in Foundry instead. :p
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    Just learned that for the past few days people have been using a new exploit to farm T2 bosses and delves that puts the Pirate King farm to shame. They have been stockpiling the loot from it in their mail/overflow bags waiting for the AH to come back up to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the economy once again.

I have already reported it in-game a minute ago, might be a good idea for NWE to ban these people before bringing back up the AH and prevent further damage to the economy.

I always enjoy the forum QQ after PWE periodically deals with these sorts of issues by "accidentally" losing all the mail during a downtime. Ditto for large overflow bags. It's happened more than once.

Just saying.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are so naive it's even cute.

Must be that. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    billybobjones7billybobjones7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All endgame loot BOP, problem solved.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »

You don't need these things if you are one of the many who have already Maxed their character.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    I have already reported it in-game a minute ago, might be a good idea for NWE to ban these people before bringing back up the AH and prevent further damage to the economy.

It's gonna be funny if the devs decided to make all the dungeon gear BoP. LOL @ Exploiters.
  • Options
    cioclodelcioclodel Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    It's gonna be funny if the devs decided to make all the dungeon gear BoP. LOL @ Exploiters.

Then people would have less reason to buy Zen with real money = less real money for PWE = dungeon gear BoP will never happen because PWE is greedy for your $$$$$.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that's true... it doesn't matter if people buy more zen or not if dungeon gear were to be made BoP. They have a million items they can offer to players such as cosmetics costume and weapon skins, etc. we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If someone can message me the exploit so I can double check that it is being investigated and fixed that would be great.

- found the info - thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    You don't need these things if you are one of the many who have already Maxed their character.

Yeah something must be terrible wrong I have maxed two characters my world has not collapsed, still having fun in fact. I think what's going to be the most amusing part of all this idiocy is the sheer rage we are going to see from the hate machine when the sky doesn't fall and the mass exodus doesn't happen.

Ten bucks says they will use the old "All the real gamers left it's now just n00bs and casuals." excuse that they use to explain STO's continued success.
    h2oratty wrote: »
    If someone can message me the exploit so I can double check that it is being investigated and fixed that would be great.
    /beginsarcasim
    What!!? This is not possible! all I have been hearing is how cryptic never responds and never fixes anything /endsarcasim ;)

Hey h20ratty...could you verify that someone actually sent you this? We just would like to see if this thread is complaining just to be complaining.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    keegantir0 wrote: »
    Analogy time:

In the real world, if too much money is printed, inflation happens.

New money is printed all the time and inserted into the wild and inflation over the past 25 years has been nearly nil.
  • Options
    keegantir0keegantir0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New money is printed all the time and inserted into the wild and inflation over the past 25 years has been nearly nil.

LMAO.... you are very funny (unless you are intending to be sarcastic and are trolling me).

If you are not trolling, here is a quote from an inflation calculator using US currency:
    "What cost $100 in 1987 would cost $198.93 in 2012.
    Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2012 and 1987,
    they would cost you $100 and $49.54 respectively."
  • Options
    ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could this also be the reason I am seeing a lot of purple gear trying to be sold in zone chat for gold now a days or people trying to offload from the first round of exploits? :D I also know it could be because potions and kits are expensive at end game too.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keegantir0 wrote: »
    If more cars are made, car prices go down. If a ton more cars are made, car prices go down even more. The economy is not harmed, other than for car manufacturers.

So, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't affect you negatively? How gracious of you.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I'm hearing more and more that all sorts of mechanics and stats are stored client side. Besides the obvious "WT*! Why the **** are they storing anything client side???", um... can anyone give a good reason they decided to store this stuff client side where a 7 year old kid could exploit it if they wanted to? Or are people just making this stuff up and important information really isn't store client side?

I love this game and will continue to play it, but if they really are storing stuff client side I'd like to sit down and talk to the programmer that did that. Introduce them to the "Coding for MMO" bible. Pretty sure the first commandment is "Thou shalt not store sensitive, or game mechanic information client-side."
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    So I'm hearing more and more that all sorts of mechanics and stats are stored client side. Besides the obvious "WT*! Why the **** are they storing anything client side???", um... can anyone give a good reason they decided to store this stuff client side where a 7 year old kid could exploit it if they wanted to? Or are people just making this stuff up and important information really isn't store client side?

I love this game and will continue to play it, but if they really are storing stuff client side I'd like to sit down and talk to the programmer that did that. Introduce them to the "Coding for MMO" bible. Pretty sure the first commandment is "Thou shalt not store sensitive, or game mechanic information client-side."

Latency. Latency would be the only reason to do this.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's wait for the maintenance to finish before we cry about the economy and about AH being broken. The AH should be back up according to them and they did seem to change it a lot, so lets just see what happens.