Options

Economy About to Take Another Hit

12346»

Comments

• Options
    lrrpslrrps Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    And I'm fairly sure all the lowest common denominator already gets caught.

Just the most egregious, it seems.

Right now anybody and massively exploit with zero effort.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep checking the AH and I'm still not seeing the Armageddon foretold by this thread....

Is it getting lonely under those bridges?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Quit crying about the economy. It was saved by Lord Neverember, I tell you.

I get you most likely put a lot of time and effort into it, but the time to stop spamming it has clearly come and passed.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Quit crying about the economy. It was saved by Lord Neverember, I tell you.

I hear you have a Foundry quest but I can't seem to find the name or short code. You should put it in your sig but in huge letters.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I been watching the auction house all day ... where are these 5K elites ??

Hilarious :D The Bajillion exploited elites that were all going to hit the AH and destroy the economy don't seem to be there.
    Maybe I need to filter my search through a tinfoil hat to see them ?
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    Again this has nothing to do with it. Also guard doesn't work the same way stamina does (i.e. no infinite guard).

I have already reported the bug, but for the sake of saving the game's economy if the GMs still don't know about it send me a message and I'll describe so it can be fixed before it's too late.

LOL fix it ... YOur funny... The expliots from the closed beta are in the so called open beta... And which of the expliots have been fixed to date
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    Hilarious :D The Bajillion exploited elites that were all going to hit the AH and destroy the economy don't seem to be there.

Or maybe they actually caught the exploited items before they entered the market. In which case GJ PWE/Cryptic, now hurry up and fix everything else. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Or maybe they actually caught the exploited items before they entered the market. In which case GJ PWE/Cryptic, now hurry up and fix everything else. :p

Smart people aren't going to liquidate everything on their mules the day the AH comes up.

Cryptic/PWE already stated they are actively monitoring the economy.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    You know, some people are smarter than that when hoarding items not to make their stockpile worthless. If you gave it some thought you'd understand. They wouldn't farm high end items just to flood it to become worthless. Think outside the box.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    You know, some people are smarter than that when hoarding items not to make their stockpile worthless. If you gave it some thought you'd understand. They wouldn't farm high end items just to flood it to become worthless. Think outside the box.

^ Choose between being mega rich now or rich forever.
  • Options
    jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People with the common sense of a banana, crack ME up.
    A wipe would be a short term fix but really you cannot fix broken players and that is part of the problem. Of course they might have to take the game down for a week or two as well so they have time to track down and refund all the Zen that was purchased BUT you cannot refund game cards so what happens to those players ... A wipe is a big headache and in the end is a bandaid for a problem that cannot be fixed, broken gamers...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GF T1 helms have already dropped from ~300k to ~100k on Dragon in the space of a few hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jivundus wrote: »
    A wipe would be a short term fix but really you cannot fix broken players and that is part of the problem. Of course they might have to take the game down for a week or two as well so they have time to track down and refund all the Zen that was purchased BUT you cannot refund game cards so what happens to those players ... A wipe is a big headache and in the end is a bandaid for a problem that cannot be fixed, broken gamers...

This is why they A) fix the simple exploits, B) keep levels, gold, AD, worn items, and zen, but wipe bags and bank.

Done. (if thats possible)
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »

I'm just quoting the doomsayers who have been saying this would happen the second the AH came back up.
    I never expected it to happen for a second.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    GF T1 helms have already dropped from ~300k to ~100k on Dragon in the space of a few hours.

To be fair, you have to consider the people who were stockpiling normally. Give it a few days to stabilize first.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I keep checking the AH and I'm still not seeing the Armageddon foretold by this thread....

Is it getting lonely under those bridges?

I may use this as my new sig. lol
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People with the common sense of a banana, crack ME up.

You must really get a laugh when looking in the mirror, eh? :P

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.