Comments

• Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay Envy thanks a lot!
  • Options
    bkariesbkaries Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Envy for bringing us GF's this guide so we can wreck havoc in pvp. =)
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not paying attention to the drama brought into this thread. I am however looking over the actual build and it seems pretty solid. I'm enjoying the build so far. I'm at level 26 so far and I'm having a blast. Sure I'm not exactly hitting high numbers right now since I'm not at that point yet but I'm still enjoying it. Thank you very much for the help and the build.
  • Options
    chinzw85chinzw85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't remember the name exactly but it's something along the lines of ice trollhammer? You can get a blue version from normal Frozen Heart, or an epic version from Epic Frozen heart. If you're only wanting it as a remodel you can pick up the blue from the AH for ~15k. That's if the AH ever comes up!

Its the Troll Warhammer
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not paying attention to the drama brought into this thread. I am however looking over the actual build and it seems pretty solid. I'm enjoying the build so far. I'm at level 26 so far and I'm having a blast. Sure I'm not exactly hitting high numbers right now since I'm not at that point yet but I'm still enjoying it. Thank you very much for the help and the build.

No problem! You'll have tons of fun at 60, trust me. ^^
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy are you using Knight's Valor or Anvil of Doom and if you are, can you tell me in what situation do these come up? I'm pretty much rocking the same build you are but I actually like Knight's Challenge and Terrifying Impact. So before I spec out of the other two, I just wanted to know if I'm missing something about the utility of the other two powers.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF don't out DPS TR single target. If you do runs as a GF you need to mob them all up and cleave them all to death. That's 20+ mobs in order to even get that high in damage.
    If you do runs and keep killing single or couple adds at a time GF will never beat a CW or TR in damage.
    Also, I hit 15k Power with Stalwart and I am not even fully geared yet. The only thing I don't have is 3k+ Crit and if Crit makes all the difference then I'd rather socket Vorpal for the extra Crit damage.
  • Options
    helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do u get stalwart set? I see threads of people getting it in lower level dungeons and what now but how are u supposed to get them? is it just a really rare drop and I need to grind out the low level dungeons when DD is up?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy are you using Knight's Valor or Anvil of Doom and if you are, can you tell me in what situation do these come up? I'm pretty much rocking the same build you are but I actually like Knight's Challenge and Terrifying Impact. So before I spec out of the other two, I just wanted to know if I'm missing something about the utility of the other two powers.

Knight's Challenge is good for single target burn bosses. Terrifying Impact should never be used, tbh. Never use Knight's Valor. I use Anvil of Doom on the last phase of Spellplague final boss. That's it really. .

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    how do u get stalwart set? I see threads of people getting it in lower level dungeons and what now but how are u supposed to get them? is it just a really rare drop and I need to grind out the low level dungeons when DD is up?

Do T1s during delves.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    GG they moved my guide to the dead Barracks forums.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    ormicsormics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey man! Really nice guide, but I am wondering can GF using this build be a really good PvE dps?

Sorry for my English =P
  • Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which runestones did you use for the cat?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ormics wrote: »
    Hey man! Really nice guide, but I am wondering can GF using this build be a really good PvE dps?

Sorry for my English =P

Yep! You'll be top or 2nd DPS if you have some ridiculous rogue.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Which runestones did you use for the cat?

Profane
    Profane
    Eldritch

Youtube Channel

• Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why eldritch? Doesn't the cat already give you its stats?
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Envy, I use terrifying Impact for cliff tossing along with Frontline Surge and Bull's Charge, In PVE that's it.
  • Options
    tenshaztenshaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Helm of the stalwart bulwark? I have do mad dragon 15 times, i have 3 knight set helm and 3 valiant warrior helm, no one time see the stawart...
    Tensha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why eldritch? Doesn't the cat already give you its stats?

The bonus % it gives you outweighs any single runestone you could slot their instead.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Envy, I use terrifying Impact for cliff tossing along with Frontline Surge and Bull's Charge, In PVE that's it.

I see. I find that Terrifying Impacts KD isn't far enough to reliably knock mobs off. I use Indomitable Strength for 1 guaranteed KB.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    tenshaz wrote: »
    What about Helm of the stalwart bulwark? I have do mad dragon 15 times, i have 3 knight set helm and 3 valiant warrior helm, no one time see the stawart...

Some sets are more rare than the others. For instance, you're likely to get a ton of Grand Regent / High General in T2 before you get Timeless.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    It's just RNG to be fair. Complete randomness is just that, complete randomness. If you are lucky, you can get the piece you are looking for at the first run. If you not... you could have to do hundreds. Sadly that is how it works. I got pretty lucky with the Timeless for example (barely got any other set pieces before I finished the Timeless set), and very unlucky with the stalwart (basically had to buy every single piece beside the chest). But eh, it's just the risk with RNG. Having 3 different sets per tier doesn't help much either.
  • Options
    aidynlegendsaidynlegends Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok. I have decided to commit to this build. I am only level 23 now but already started focusing on being tanky before I read up.
    I am a founder so I have a free respec. I was wondering what I should focus on in the early leveling process. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok. I have decided to commit to this build. I am only level 23 now but already started focusing on being tanky before I read up.
    I am a founder so I have a free respec. I was wondering what I should focus on in the early leveling process. Thanks in advance.

I can't accurately speak for lower level success as I rushed to 60 in a day. Just follow the build as it becomes available. Max Frontline Surge once you hit your paragon level before others.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    ormicsormics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy!

I was gonna ask about current status of PvE, specifically about how hard is it to find a group for dps GF because people are saying that regular group is 2 healers and rouges + mages, is this true?

Also, seeking advice how to lvl to the cap asap? :)
  • Options
    tarlockentarlocken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ormics wrote: »
    Hey Envy!

I was gonna ask about current status of PvE, specifically about how hard is it to find a group for dps GF because people are saying that regular group is 2 healers and rouges + mages, is this true?

Also, seeking advice how to lvl to the cap asap? :)
    You'll probably just want to find a guild. You likely aren't going to have much fun solo queuing for these dungeons as the current meta of just knocking everything off a cliff is far from interesting for the most part on a guardian fighter.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    I can't accurately speak for lower level success as I rushed to 60 in a day. Just follow the build as it becomes available. Max Frontline Surge once you hit your paragon level before others.
    are you using a new build now? the one in the screenshot? is crushing pin better than improved vigor? i was just curious as im leveling using the build :)
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    are you using a new build now? the one in the screenshot? is crushing pin better than improved vigor? i was just curious as im leveling using the build :)

It is if you have Trample the Fallen as one of your passives. Either way, crushing pin would be the last 5 points you use.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi sorry, I see the other ones mentioned but what is crushing pin? is that a power or a feat? is the name slightly different on the first page?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cerebral79 wrote: »
    Hi sorry, I see the other ones mentioned but what is crushing pin? is that a power or a feat? is the name slightly different on the first page?

It's a 1st level feat in the tacticion tree.

Youtube Channel