test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 1 'They would seize from the moon the way to ruin and riches'

Comments

• Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airsyko wrote: »
    They've already stated you won't have to play for new classes.

But they never stated they wouldn't sell 'early access' to new classes either. Take the Drow for example. HotN get 'early access' to it for 200$. I bet the next version of the Founders pack will include the Ranger with 'exclusive' access for 60 days.

It's true you dont have to pay to access the Drow, you just have to wait 60 days (or more because the Founders pack said "at least").
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reskal wrote: »
    Well the problem is, if they do go forward with Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, the class balance will be this:

Defender: 1
    Leader: 1
    Controller: 1
    Striker: 4

And that's just class numbers. If we were to take into account that most people tend to play striker/dps classes in MMOs, we'd have some crazy imbalance on our hands. Druid would at least make one more controller and one less striker. I do wish they would add more defenders/leaders, as those are the roles which are difficult to find.

you could consider gwf a striker/defender hybrid, and i assume ranger will be a striker/controler (snares, rootes etc.) hybrid...i assume warlock will be based around dot and debuffs
  • Options
    savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Ranger was the first character I played in D&D and going back through the wererat and kobold zones, watching them pull arrows out and fire bows...

I REALLY want to play a Ranger in game...
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the suspense is killing me...i really want to know what this module is! When will we know more?
  • Options
    lightharvestlightharvest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm almost sure it will be the warlock just from the riddle alone it makes me think of warlock and then theirs the fact that in the opening vid the warlock is represented along with gwf, dc, tr so make sense at lest to me that the sw will be the next class out.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    since people seem to miss it, again, first ranger will be a 2 weapon using class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    we have heard a lot of rumor, but nothing besides that - just rumors...we dont even know if warlock is coming or if warlock was planned but then abandoned...
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we have heard a lot of rumor, but nothing besides that - just rumors...we dont even know if warlock is coming or if warlock was planned but then abandoned...

Except it has been datamined as being in, and armor for them was dropping not long ago before it was patched out.
    since people seem to miss it, again, first ranger will be a 2 weapon using class.

Also, been datamined that Archer, not melee ranger, and another melee striker almost exactly like rouge is silly at this point.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The picture depicts the Neverwinter Woods and is related to the Ilynbraunen faction that operates in Neverwinter (Eladrin).

It can mean that they'll release Eladrin soon or that the Bladesinger may come out.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . I was asked in chat if I had any idea what this could be, my thoughts were this; The Feywilde (or Evermeet), Something in Neverwinter Wood (most likely), Myth Drannor, or a new Druid Class and Story Arc. Any of which, I would love! Truly though, I have no intel on what this will be, just informed guesses from my knowledge of the Realms.

. . . . . The reason I am leaning towards Feywilde or Neverwinter Wood has to do with what the user above me stated. "They would seize from the moon" - Sun and Moon elves are descendants of the Eladrin who are coming in from the Feywilde. However.. one can easily re-interpret that to mean something with Selune, possibly a branch of accepted Lycanthropes? Or a battle between the disavowed lycanthropes and the Selune Clergy? With a picture of what appears to be Neverwinter Wood, I doubt this latter though.
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    The picture depicts the Neverwinter Woods and is related to the Ilynbraunen faction that operates in Neverwinter (Eladrin).

It can mean that they'll release Eladrin soon or that the Bladesinger may come out.

I highly doubt that, in closed beta, one could create a Eladrin, using the elf template and the Glowing eyes option was in there, Cryptic made a ninja edit to rid off it and make them wood elves.

An archer, Hunter or Ranger, their zone are the forest, their companions are animals, they can release a new zone PLUS ranger (or any archer class). also it more likely they're making druids INSTEAD of rangers. IDK :/
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that picture belongs to that particular area and tied to that faction, which introduced the elf subraces in PnP Neverwinter. If that's not a good guess for you to bring Eladrin into the game, be my guest. :P

The picture is the same as the one in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting sourcebook.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Well, that picture belongs to that particular area and tied to that faction, which introduced the elf subraces in PnP Neverwinter. If that's not a good guess for you to bring Eladrin into the game, be my guest. :P

The picture is the same as the one in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting sourcebook.
    . . . . . . I assume you're talking about page 176? If so, that is not the same image but you are correct in that the image on the Teaser Site does properly represent the looks of the Neverwinter Wood, if that is what it is meant to represent. If it is meant to be a web-graphic for that same image, then it will most likely be introducing the Sharandar Ruins, as you stated previously.
  • Options
    finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lower right hand corner .. looks like a shambling mound !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eladrin, wood elfs...pretty much the same...thats no diversity
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Man I just heard that recently....was it in the Game of Thrones Episode? The whole Seize from the moon thing..
  • Options
    hearingxdeafhearingxdeaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I clicked on the link and I got the french version of the text wich reads :
    "Ils d
  • Options
    chr1s003chr1s003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Please be a raid.

Yes, This game needs one.
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll repeat what I posted on Facebook:

Probably about Selune, maybe her enemies The Church of Shar.
    Or perhaps the The Oracles of the Moon who take visions from the moon that could lead to riches or ruin.
    Could be about Lycanthropes.

Or Eladrin. There is a strong case for them.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    d3mi21d3mi21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    chr1s003 wrote: »
    Yes, This game needs one.

Not if the tactics are just "lets spawn millions of adds!"
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe ruin means the ruins of a castle or city, or runes.

Probably too early to tell anything about this anyways...

but seems like a droww teaser...
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A playable Lycan race?
  • Options
    pazernuspazernus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lets see....i havent read the whole thread, too long to read, so imma just post what ive thought about it and hope it isnt said yet :P

"They would seize from the moon the way to ruin and riches."

"the way to ruins and riches" would refer to power of a sort. to gain ability to either carve your path to fame and fortune, or misfortune and ruins.

"they would seize from the moon" taking it from the moon, maybe without its will? not sure if D&D lore so dont know if there is some form of deity related to moon. so not gonna think from that point. but to use power of moon...we allready got rogue so doubt it refers to night it self and move under the moonlight.

druids could be good competor for the right answer. especially as the site refers to nature. so would something satyr like if there even can be such type class?

also ranger perhaps? but would be too indirect referrence to say they takes from the moon in my opinion.

dungeon i highly doubt it refers to, why would dungeon refer to taking from the moon? unless its referring to faction within a dungeon, or faction alltogether.

so perhaps some new zone related to nature full of satyrs and such creatures of fantasy that worships the moon while releasing druid as class sametime since it would fit theme wise to it?
  • Options
    dasturdlydasturdly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Folks are speculating, and that's fun. However, there are two separate questions here:

Question 1)
    Does module 1 involve races/classes AT ALL, or is it other content, raids, maps, and "quality of life" improvements?
    Question 2)
    Whenever the next race/class comes out, what will it be??

See how these two questions have nothing to do with one another? So, none of us have a clue about what's in module 1, but independent of that, I see tons of data pointing to solid answers for the 2nd question:

EVIDENCE
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?59811-Some-Neverwinter-Datamined-Info-(Race-Class-Art-and-Text)
    http://www.neverwinter-online.com/forums/topic/6th-class/
    http://www.neverwinter-online.com/images/class/archer.jpg
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/forums/post/5567344#5567344

The evidence provided above doesn't say definitively what classes and races we'll be playing next, but it does say which classes/races have already been deployed partially to our game clients and are nearly "ready to play"

CLASSES
    Archer
    Scourge

RACES
    Dragonborn
    Drow (already playable, but may be released as free)

To summarize, anyone's guess is valid for what will be in module 1, but if it includes classes/races, it is most likely going to be one of, or all of, these.

To speculate, using deduction rather than smoking pot and staring at a green forest in a browser window like some seem to be doing, logic is as follows: Archers and Scourge and Dragonborn have nothing exclusive to do with moons or riches or ruins, PWE is not hinting directly towards them, and I'd say we have no reason to believe that races/classes will be in the module at all. This doesn't mean they WON'T be included, only that we have no reason to think they WILL.
    Draw your chair up and hand me my violin, for the only problem we have still to solve is how to while away these dismal autumnal nights.
  • Options
    gorkomgorkom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said Dasturdly.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gorkom wrote: »
    Well said Dasturdly.

Yep. As much as I'd like to see new classes, Paragon paths, etc. my bet would be on module 1 being more adventure related. Quest lines, story, etc.
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I think as well that dasturdly in his analysis is correct, but there is a conclusion as well...
    Only thing "ready to play", associated with rich, ruin and the moon is the Drow.

Not the renegade drow of the founders though, which was supposed to be unique at any rate, but the original bloodthirsty, warmonger Underdark dweller and worshipped of Lolth (new deity perhaps as well?).

So "they would seize their way from the moon", could mean that they would use the moon (night) to their advantage, to lay the surface "to ruins and" claim its "riches"

That's what I think, after all the main story escallates towards a confrontation with the Northdark, which most probably will take place at Gauntlgrym.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn, really? so now we are going to see people fus ro dah their way trough pirates lair? God god.
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • Options
    khulhadjkhulhadj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my guess : it hints at the star-pact warlock, so-called scourge warlock
  • Options
    moriktraskmoriktrask Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AV said something about a "ranged" class. I'm assuming that's Ranger. The pic of Module 1 looks like the Feywild to me.