What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Almost 500 / 1 again

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clearly! Just like the Wipers said would happen. Back in reality land it's 377-381 over on Beholder. Not sure what it was previous but that sounds about the same.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

This is the biggest load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you didn't do anything to clean up the market, you just slapped some hands, ban 1 out of 3 exploiters accounts, and the market is FUBAR!

Good luck!

I will play your game, but not spend another dime on it.... Hope lots of others follow in that practice too, see how long the servers run with no money to support it!

normal start price, same as when open beta began.
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first thing my girlfriend did when I told her about this thread was buy Zen so she could post it for astral diamonds. Too bad for her the exchange rate has already dropped to 410 if she wants to sell it on the Dragon server. That is some pretty good normalization for the less than 2 hours since you made started this thread.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the Exchange starts back up, and what are people going to do? Immediately sell at the highest price possible, or 500:1. It's not broken, it means it's working...And we've seen since the servers went back up the zen:AD ration plummet back down. It was about 380:1 on Beholder when I checked at lunch.

Yeah, nothing to see here folks.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    its 370 on beholder
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    let's see where to start.

first off the game isn't on full launch yet and despite people constantly saying it might as well be there's plenty who aren't logging in with good reason until its official launch. I know because every friend i have that's interested is doing this. because of that, the market isn't even complete yet.

second, the economy does need at least a week to catchup we'll see what's going on on friday.

and finally it was 500/1 the very first week of it being open beta launch for the non-prepaid accounts. so nothing new to me actually. Been waiting this long I can wait some more to official launch with everyone thats going to play playing and the market actually becoming whole.

Could be worse you could be playing GW2 where it doesn't matter what exploits people find it still doesn't lower their 400% markup on all of their TP items even after 9 months so everything in the TP (AH) remains stupidly priced throughout the lifetime of the game because the devs don't care they're controlled by Nexon who want nothing more then to squeeze every penny from their players.

So glad I'm playing NW now, I can actually farm for loot that's worth something in the AH solo.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perfect time to buy zen, exchange it for ad and then exchange it back later...
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you buy the cat in the Zen store?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    Can you buy the cat in the Zen store?

na but u can exchange zen for ad...or buy the ioun stone of allure or how its called (basically a cat)
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 things.

At about midnight, hours before the exploit went public, people were already exploiting this and were buying EVERY single zen on the market over a 2-3 hour period.

So they already spent all their duped AD and have a ton of Zen to buy stuff to sell later.

Also anyone who has dirty diamonds invested in something are probably going to be laying low for awhile.

The reroll didn't go back this far, so alot of people still made off with a ton.

Cryptic is really going to have to pay attention.
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once the AH comes back, and a day or so of breathing / selling with it back, I am willing to be it will go back to where it was
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perfect time to buy zen, exchange it for ad and then exchange it back later...

It cost 980,000 AD , so its cheaper right now . The more AD you get per zen the less you pay for the kitten . That's why I was hoping for 500 , but got some at 410 and rest at 370 .
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Also anyone who has dirty diamonds invested in something are probably going to be laying low for awhile.

The reroll didn't go back this far, so alot of people still made off with a ton.

Cryptic is really going to have to pay attention.

Laying low is probably the worst thing they could be doing for themselves, but the best thing for the game. Its not like Cryptic is done banning accounts as a result of this I'm sure, the more time Cryptic has to find them the more likely their ill gotten gains will go bye bye.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ddamadd wrote: »
    NW doesn't work on fixing things = people complaining.
    NW works on fixing things = people complaining.

Nothing to see here.

People complaining = people complaining about people complaining. :p
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    with a wipe it would of been normalized... can anyone dispute that?

Yes. There were several days where people built up AD, which are now put up. Additionally, the trust is a bit shaken at the moment, so there may be fewer buyers, which also affects the exchange rate. Likewise, for the same reason, some people may dump their legitimate AD (unrealistic fear of not being able to do so later).

It is two hours later now and the exchange rate on Dragon approaches 400:1 again, down from nearly 500:1. It was 370:1 before the weekend. Personally, I think this is evidence that the majority of the damage was fixed. But we have to wait a few days.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Are you kidding me cryptic, its almost back to 500 AD / 1 Zen but the economy is not broken?

Umm...I'm on mindflayer server RIGHT NOW (check post time) and the exchange both ways(zen to AD, AD to zen) is roughly 350-370 per.

No idea where you're getting your figures.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I just logged in btw, it's 369/1 the same amount you said you were using before. dunno where the hates coming from here.
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update on Dragon, 420/1 still high, but was higher hours ago
  • Options
    avalyssiaavalyssia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Umm...I'm on mindflayer server RIGHT NOW (check post time) and the exchange both ways(zen to AD, AD to zen) is roughly 350-370 per.

Yes and no different from around Wednesday last week. I remember this because I kept my eye on the market being tempted to turn my zen into AD to gear my CW faster.
  • Options
    cornellimcornellim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know at least 2 people that are still playing with 20-30m exploited AD , keep believing in Cryptic bull**** guys , economy is dead already
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rage Rage Rage Grrrrrrr....oh wait the rates are back to normal lol.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cornellim wrote: »
    i know at least 2 people that are still playing with 20-30m exploited AD , keep believing in Cryptic bull**** guys , economy is dead already

Unproven claims. I understand that you can't post names, either because you have none or because you don't want to betray friends, but understand that saying stuff like this is meaningless, especially when you make your agenda so clear with the last bit you said.

I could tell you that I know of 20 people who had 50M AD and now they are all banned or the AD are nuked. But what would be the point? (It's an example, I only know of some very rich folks who got banned, and I don't actually think they exploited anything.) Claims mean something if you can back them up, and if you don't or can't, then it's just noise.

What matters is the stuff people can verify for themselves, like the exchange rate. This very exchange rate is normalizing already. That is evidence for the economy being in healthy shape. How that continues, we will have to see. Maybe what you say is true, maybe it's nonsense. Everyone can watch the exchange rate and make up their own mind.

20-30M AD is not much, by the way. I bought more than 20M AD since release.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Unproven claims. I understand that you can't post names, either because you have none or because you don't want to betray friends, but understand that saying stuff like this is meaningless, especially when you make your agenda so clear with the last bit you said.

I could tell you that I know of 20 people who had 50M AD and now they are all banned or the AD are nuked. But what would be the point? (It's an example, I only know of some very rich folks who got banned, and I don't actually think they exploited anything.) Claims mean something if you can back them up, and if you don't or can't, then it's just noise.

What matters is the stuff people can verify for themselves, like the exchange rate. This very exchange rate is normalizing already. That is evidence for the economy being in healthy shape. How that continues, we will have to see. Maybe what you say is true, maybe it's nonsense. Everyone can watch the exchange rate and make up their own mind.

20-30M AD is not much, by the way. I bought more than 20M AD since release.

Echoed my sentiments pretty accurately, same goes for people claiming they know a friend of a friend of an uncle that has 325 cats hidden away on their secret mule alt from before the wipe.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sitting at 375 for buy on mindflayer and 365 sell it had dropped as low as 340s early in the week before the exploit looks like things are stabilizing to me

and I ask this question to all screaming economy is RUINED!!!! if they did a wipe did not believe that the first few ppl able to to sell zen or ad wouldn't start off high and then it would lower in time? it is a supply and demand thing the economy looks fine to me on mindflayer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »

No they are not.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    374 on mindflayer...the same it was on friday, so yes they are.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

yea all looks good to me on mindflayer and I love my title from the packs I am proudly using it over my foundry title that I usually use
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the exchange was down for nearly two days and people want to unload their legitimately gained astral diamonds for Zen, of course not, it has to be about the exploits no other logical explanation.

One has to wonder, when the AH is back up and people flood the market with the purples they've been farming will you then say that the market price crash is a result of exploits?
    thaliff wrote: »
    The market needs time to normalize.
    skalt112 wrote: »
    I bought 100 zen just before the crash at 369/1
    flayedawg wrote: »
    The last I looked, on Saturday, they were about 347 ADs to 1 Zen.
    labbb wrote: »
    Mindflayer is down to 365 . It never sold at 500 this morning , or at least not enough to sell mine . It dropped very fast . Since I listed mine at 500 , by the time I pulled it I barely got in at 410 and didn't sell it all . had to sell the last at 370 . It has held steady at 370-360 for a couple of hours now .
    Give it time for the zen/ad market to normalize again. On the other hand if you wanna sell ZEN for AD this is a very good time to sell and pick up a Cat :)
    gaerolth wrote: »
    This is different than before. Right now Zen has more value than AD. The auction house is down making AD practically worthless in comparison. Want an epic mount right this moment? You need Zen. What about an epic companion? Zen. Etc
    noppe102 wrote: »
    With the Auction House down, no one is currently buying AD. Plenty of people want to buy Zen, as enchanted keys have replaced AD as currency.
    tcarnce wrote: »
    normal start price, same as when open beta began.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So the Exchange starts back up, and what are people going to do? Immediately sell at the highest price possible, or 500:1. It's not broken, it means it's working...And we've seen since the servers went back up the zen:AD ration plummet back down. It was about 380:1 on Beholder when I checked at lunch.

Yeah, nothing to see here folks.
    kimosami8 wrote: »
    its 370 on beholder
    imivo wrote: »
    Yes. There were several days where people built up AD, which are now put up. Additionally, the trust is a bit shaken at the moment, so there may be fewer buyers, which also affects the exchange rate. Likewise, for the same reason, some people may dump their legitimate AD (unrealistic fear of not being able to do so later).

It is two hours later now and the exchange rate on Dragon approaches 400:1 again, down from nearly 500:1. It was 370:1 before the weekend. Personally, I think this is evidence that the majority of the damage was fixed. But we have to wait a few days.
    clcmercy wrote: »

I just logged in btw, it's 369/1 the same amount you said you were using before. dunno where the hates coming from here.
    sitting at 375 for buy on mindflayer and 365 sell it had dropped as low as 340s early in the week before the exploit looks like things are stabilizing to me

and I ask this question to all screaming economy is RUINED!!!! if they did a wipe did not believe that the first few ppl able to to sell zen or ad wouldn't start off high and then it would lower in time? it is a supply and demand thing the economy looks fine to me on mindflayer

Go back to school, OP.

I really suspect this thread was nothing but misinformation to begin with.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013

on average it's 50+ over on dragon.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    No they are not.

And the sky is made of daisies. Which is totally true.

What do you consider to be a "normal" rate?