What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.30

123457»

Comments

• xxarsoxxxxarsoxx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caucxican wrote: »
    The real issue is that too many people treat BETA like its just early access to the game.

Because it is exactly an early access to the game.
    There will be no more wipes, so all the bugs and exploits happening now are happening to the final game

Besides, MMO is never out of beta if its still alive.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    umm Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything..but a cape? As in a non-functional casual dress item? Or as in a limited function Armor item for clothies?
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • jillorvaljillorval Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about the AH? It's still down...
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Ok, what are these "Cats" that everyone says were being exploited? Companion? Fill me in!!

They are just ugly ducks :p
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    There were screen shots posted by someone that showed their ticket open describing it that was 16 days old, so it's been at least known for a couple of weeks. Even then it was probably known by a few people for a long long time, but scumbag cheaters keep it to themselves and continue to cheat rather than reporting and avoiding like a reasonable human being would do.

Oh, you mean the screenshot that was photoshopped with the 16 days old?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • izulienizulien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phingers wrote: »
    Give them a pat on the head and say; "There, there, little one, do not cry, a lot of people lost some items and even a level or two, while going about their business and living their lives".

It was painful to a lot of people, but stuff happens, put on your big girl panties and accept the fact that this was caused by a bunch of jerks who were banned now. Either play the game and enjoy, or don't, whining gets no one anywhere.

Dead on ;)
  • sacred55sacred55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    Oh, you mean the screenshot that was photoshopped with the 16 days old?

What proof do you actually want if you are going to say everythings photoshoped? Theirs screen of ppl mentioning foundry exploit a while before open beta also but no doubt those are all photoshoped aswell.

I can understand it must hurt to be a Hero of the North and find this out, but thats no reason to lash out blindy at everyone who says it.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sacred55 wrote: »
    What proof do you actually want if you are going to say everythings photoshoped? Theirs screen of ppl mentioning foundry exploit a while before open beta also but no doubt those are all photoshoped aswell.

I can understand it must hurt to be a Hero of the North and find this out, but thats no reason to lash out blindy at everyone who says it.

The particular photograph, the only photograph, that the guy mentioned has been shown to be photoshopped, that's a pretty far cry from me saying every photo is photoshopped. But in response to your question I would like to see a photograph that isn't photoshopped or a post from before yesterday morning talking about this particular exploit, so far no one has been able to provide either. What I would ultimately like is for people to stop spouting bull**** about this being a known exploit and posting that it has been exploited for weeks without a shred of evidence to that fact. I don't think that's too much to ask.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • segev0129segev0129 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind
    I FOUND IT!
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    So if you fixed the exploits, when will the AH be available again? Why bring the servers down for a partial fix?
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    kinda funny that a very similar exploit existed in Star Trek Online a while back.
  • dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    sacred55 wrote: »

Post. Please just 1 post on reddit or any other forum describing this exploit before the weekend. Just 1. I'll help you out. There isn't one.
  • moonreaper1moonreaper1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i can say is, " 2 wrongs never make 1 right.."
    Cheats in any context should be banned end of story.
    I feel for the people that paid real money "H.O.T.N" etc..
    and have cheats rub their noses in it.
    I am ftp, but i work and grind to get myself geared up, leveled up and all that comes with it.
    At the end of the day, what ever your views, cheats make a mockery of all the honest hard working gamers.
    Nothing can justify it.. end of.
  • jaggermerejaggermere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Hero of the North Pack (I don't know why my forum title doesn't change but meh), and I felt a little bit miffed at these exploiters. But at the end of the day, I'll still stick with this game because I am still having fun. My 2mil AD was long spent, too bad I did not realize how good cats are until well everyone started screaming for one. Kinda regretted not buying one.
  • sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live two patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over a week and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • dragginmasterdragginmaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited for clarity considering I cannot delete it.
  • zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    jaggermere wrote: »
    I bought the Hero of the North Pack (I don't know why my forum title doesn't change but meh)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?85321-How-do-I-display-my-quot-Hero-of-the-North-quot-title-under-my-avatar
  • snakesandcakessnakesandcakes Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »
    I have no doubt that the fix that went live two patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

It's a F2P game in early beta; if you don't like the idea of giving a tiny amount of in-game currency to the developers, I suggest you leave and play something that doesn't enrage you so much?
  • wurlipuswurlipus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a F2P game in early beta; if you don't like the idea of giving a tiny amount of in-game currency to the developers, I suggest you leave and play something that doesn't enrage you so much?

well it seem that the rollback Didn't work do to the fact there is still 50% more zone shouts selling and trade keys, EPIC gear and other loots compare to the week before the exploit went public.So basically the games economy is shot and the people who ruined it get rewarded sweet strategy.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wurlipus wrote: »
    well it seem that the rollback Didn't work do to the fact there is still 50% more zone shouts selling and trade keys, EPIC gear and other loots compare to the week before the exploit went public.So basically the games economy is shot and the people who ruined it get rewarded sweet strategy.

I'm pretty sure this is because the AH doesn't work. In order to sell things, people have to advertise now.
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would not be an issue if Cryptic would step in and separate chat channels. There are Community created channels, but they are not used by the majority. We need to have some order and organization in open chat... I recommend the following channels be set up by Cryptic and place a live GM in game to enforce it:

Zone
    Trade
    1-9
    10-29
    30-49
    50-59

All separate channels that can be turned on or off by the players.
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great items in the survivor's pack... thank you!

One small request... could you please** make the cloak a fashion item?

** - pretty, pretty, pretty please with sprinkles of eternal gratitude on top?
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • ellyfaneellyfane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the auction house coming back, does this mean our gear with was lodge for auction will be returned to us finally?
  • jaggermerejaggermere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One small request... could you please** make the cloak a fashion item?

** - pretty, pretty, pretty please with sprinkles of eternal gratitude on top?

agreed, the cloak should be a cosmetic item....
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grimelrok wrote: »
    agreed, the cloak should be a cosmetic item....

Since the appearance slots do not have a neck-slot, the cloak would not be usable there...

I'd prefer it if the cloak was available at the Founder merchant, so we can use it to change the appearance of the actual cloak/neck item we're wearing at any given time...
  • divinebananadivinebanana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    agreed 100 percent!
  • meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Will the cape get swallowed up by my avatar's body? :eek:

Haha. Yeah, I disable the cape visuals. For all of Cryptic's talk "Class-locked armor and weapons allow us to make the avatars and their armor move smoothly together," the immersion is still ruined when your Rogue is suddenly eating his cape with his back...

Worse cape graphics than Runes of Magic, and that game is a few years old.
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please stop necroing old patch threads.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • gregwologregwolo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please stop necroing old patch threads.

But you just re-necro'd this thread.
This discussion has been closed.