test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sudden Storm

darktalon81darktalon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Was looking forward to this spell and it's kinda "meh". For a Paragon encounter ability, I was hoping for a cooler look but it's just 3 (dull)lightning bolts that travel down a line. Targeting the spell is a bit difficult as mobs can easily path to the sides. Failing to get it off is rewarded with a rather long cooldown in relation to other encounter abilities and when you DO get hits, it's a bit under-powered AGAIN in reference to being a paragon power. Oh and did I mention that it's range is deceptively short?

Now I will say slotting Sudden Storm in the spell mastery TAB makes it a bit more flashy and better(adds a DoT and chains small damage to nearby enemies)-- but it still feels like it's lacking.

I have high hopes however that these things will be polished and adjusted for final release of course. :)
Post edited by darktalon81 on

Comments

• kalkuskalkus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its a nice spell once you get used to aiming it but it combos best with the ice spike spell in tab to combo down packs of low hp mobs its spell mastery perk is very lackluster
  • yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    I thought it was ok, But It could use a range increase, The actual spell is MUCH shorter than the targeting line, Constantly screwed me up and missed
  • darktalon81darktalon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kalkus wrote: »
    its a nice spell once you get used to aiming it but it combos best with the ice spike spell in tab to combo down packs of low hp mobs its spell mastery perk is very lackluster

I did find the combo with Ice Spike(Mastered) at short range very nice for clearing groups that would come at me all nicely bunched right in front.(the lizardmen in Pirates Skyhold for example). Not all packs would do that though unfortunately and you have to get dangerously close to combo it due to Icespike being twice or more it's range.
  • spencer1000flspencer1000fl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason it feels lackluster is because Sudden Storm can not crit on its initial damage. Not sure if its a bug or not but I reported it anyways.
  • isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    The reason it feels lackluster is because Sudden Storm can not crit on its initial damage. Not sure if its a bug or not but I reported it anyways.

It also has a very narrow AoE range and getting out of it is very, very easy.
  • bacchirabacchira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rather like the spell but I agree that the visuals are quite lackluster compared to everything else in this great game. The lightning looks almost low resolution, especially compared to some very cool looking lightning spells that some mobs have.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually like the spell a lot in function and its power is decent but deceptive - there are some bugs with it (not doing as much as listed, not critting, nulling out if used after/during singularity).