test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow us to Freaking Invite People in Instances to Fill Spots because of QUITTERS!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sydanyo wrote: »
    Although...

How often is the quitter the cleric who tries to heal his buddies, who completely ignore the hordes of adds that spawn and go straight for the cleric, who then does everything to try and stay alive, self-healing and drinking potions, often dying several times too, while the others just keep banging away at the boss, still ignoring the adds?

How often is the quitter the cleric who after this decides he's not going to aggro anything, thus doesn't really heal anymore, and gets berated for not doing so, while knowing that would he do so, he'd just get all the adds on him, waste his potions and most likely die again?

How often is the quitter someone who just can't stand to be around the other four guys? As in, "Oh, I'll join a skirmish/dungeon. I mean, I've heard the playerbase is horrible, much like in every game I've played so far, but it can't be that bad, can it?", leading to "...sigh. Screw this. Have a nice life."

You do know you can call someone over, right? I know for myself, I rarely have observed this problem. I always feel fortunate to have a (good) Cleric and do what I can to protect him/her.
  • Options
    sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    You do know you can call someone over, right? I know for myself, I rarely have observed this problem. I always feel fortunate to have a (good) Cleric and do what I can to protect him/her.

Yeah, if only "calling someone over" did something good. It just doesn't. Also, it's nice for you, if you're one of the ultrarare people who actually know what they're doing, and care about the team and what's happening to them, but it makes no difference when you're the cleric who has to put up with the rest of the populace.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sydanyo wrote: »
    Yeah, if only "calling someone over" did something good. It just doesn't. Also, it's nice for you, if you're one of the ultrarare people who actually know what they're doing, and care about the team and what's happening to them, but it makes no difference when you're the cleric who has to put up with the rest of the populace.

I've actually always thought it would be cool to have a "tip cleric button" at the end of a dungeon (or skirmish). I definitely appreciate the healer though rarely choose to play one myself.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Not obvious solution! Then everyone is completely stuck when the person goes AFK. Hello?

They need to make it so you can invite and/or have queue replacement. Like Dandamis said, make it so if you kick you have to wait for the system to replace from the queue. If people leave then allow both replacement and invite.
    Then have a sort of afk autokick, AND a report button to report people who use bots/scripts to bypass that. Any sort of kicking system is inherently abusable, just like the current muting system.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think tipping clerics is and issue. You can trade with them if your grp wants to tip them. The issue is spending over an hour in an instance just to have people drop grp and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everyone else.
  • Options
    sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    I don't think tipping clerics is and issue. You can trade with them if your grp wants to tip them. The issue is spending over an hour in an instance just to have people drop grp and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everyone else.

If an instance takes an hour, you can't blame anyone for leaving. Or, if progress is ridiculously slow, or if a boss doesn't seem to die. Yeah, I know people should reserve enough time to finish an instance, but if the instance is taking twice as long as it should, then you can't expect them to have come prepared for that.

Yes, the mechanic sucks when you can't invite someone to fill the spot, but you can't expect anyone to be held hostage in an instance because of four random people.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do agree this needs to be fixed and inviting friends and guildies is the solution.

It sucks getting to the last boss and find that one guy just cannot play. You look at his gear and he is in all greens and this TR dps is lower than the clerics. Implement vote kicking... this way at least 3 out of 4 people have to agree you suck. Then allow us to bring in someone that can actually help kill the boss.

I have seen people drop for other reasons too... I got to go to work; rage quit; my mommy just got home; i need to do my homework; my dog just crapped on my chest...

You hear it all or you hear nothing. However wasting 40 min on a dungeon run and loosing your DD sucks. I am sure the casual non-posting community is a bit more flusterated than the forum community.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sick to death of this!!!!!!! You wait nearly half a **** hour to get a group and once some jackhole gets their epic piece, they drop the freaking group and then NONE OF US CAN FINISH!

I have never seen an MMO like this! Every other MMO out there allows you to queue your group for an open spot for anyone in that dungeon queue to fill! As it stands right now, I have not finished one bloody epic dungeon because of this BS!

I could give two rats craps about the AH exploit, that will work itself out but this garbage is a game breaker for me. I am this close to quitting over this!!!!!!

Fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!!

Quitters suck!!!!!!! :mad:

While I agree that it needs to be fixed, I cannot pass on the irony: If they don't fix it so you can add for quitters, you're going to quit because quitters suck...
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I agree that it needs to be fixed, I cannot pass on the irony: If they don't fix it so you can add for quitters, you're going to quit because quitters suck...

Lol! Touch
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the boss levels on these dungeons are WAY too hard relative to battles that lead up to it. I have seen so many quitters during these boss battles. I frankly dont blame them for leaving.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Every time someone quits in a group I am in, I right-click on their portrait and kick them from the group. The queue than automatically fills the slot. I have tried it twice, and it has worked twice.

If you just let the disconnected played character sit there in your group, offline, the queue cannot fill the spot.
  • Options
    darkarhondarkarhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    You realize 2 of those could be fixed if they fixed the restrictions on classes that can 'need' an item.

IF.... they do that i cant count how many times ppl have ninjaed my items -_-
  • Options
    smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Yes..that has to be fixd!!!! I wonder why it is even like this?
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    You realize 2 of those could be fixed if they fixed the restrictions on classes that can 'need' an item.

"Why are you needing the sword? YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE!"
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

Still gets more use out of it than a TR.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im just jealous it only takes you half an hour to find a group...:p
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree :) You go man!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    druzanadruzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I agree, I've lost 3 groups from quitters.

First scenario:
    Player 1 = Why aren't you healing?
    Player 2 = I was!
    Player 2 left the party.

Second scenario:
    Player 1 = Why are you rolling need on a CW item? You're a rogue.
    Player 2 left the party.

Third scenario:
    Player 1 = Do you know how rolling works? If you roll need 1 more time, I'm gone.
    15 minutes later the next boss dies.
    Player 2 rolls need on an item he can't wear.
    Player 1 left the party.

If devs play the game WITHOUT dev tags on they would learn alot more about this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If I'm in a group, and an item drops that I already have, I'll roll Greed. SOP for me, and I learned it playing with others, so I'm sure there are more of us out there. Just because it's class specific, and only that class can roll need on it doesn't mean that everyone that plays the class actually will. Some will, w/out a doubt, but some of those would be rolling Need on everything that drops regardless. However, that is a far better consequence than being able to ninja a drop out from under somebody that can use it and does need it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Every time someone quits in a group I am in, I right-click on their portrait and kick them from the group. The queue than automatically fills the slot. I have tried it twice, and it has worked twice.

If you just let the disconnected played character sit there in your group, offline, the queue cannot fill the spot.

You have some magic, then. The six attempts I made on my 35 rogue on Mad Dragon ended when someone DC'ed/AFKed/Ragequit and we sat there waiting with four people for 10+ minutes. Maybe we didn't wait long enough? Some indication that the system was doing something may then have mitigated the entire group disbanding with "Oh well, no one finishes this one, anyway."
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I'm in a group, and an item drops that I already have, I'll roll Greed. SOP for me, and I learned it playing with others, so I'm sure there are more of us out there. Just because it's class specific, and only that class can roll need on it doesn't mean that everyone that plays the class actually will. Some will, w/out a doubt, but some of those would be rolling Need on everything that drops regardless. However, that is a far better consequence than being able to ninja a drop out from under somebody that can use it and does need it.

Luckily there's something that can be done to encourage people to roll 'greed'. Make rolling 'need' bind the item to you. If you want to sell it in the AH you need to roll 'greed'.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Luckily there's something that can be done to encourage people to roll 'greed'. Make rolling 'need' bind the item to you. If you want to sell it in the AH you need to roll 'greed'.

I like it, make need mean what it means, instead of "I need to sell it".
  • Options
    hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I am sick to death of this!!!!!!! You wait nearly half a **** hour to get a group and once some jackhole gets their epic piece, they drop the freaking group and then NONE OF US CAN FINISH!

I have never seen an MMO like this! Every other MMO out there allows you to queue your group for an open spot for anyone in that dungeon queue to fill! As it stands right now, I have not finished one bloody epic dungeon because of this BS!

I could give two rats craps about the AH exploit, that will work itself out but this garbage is a game breaker for me. I am this close to quitting over this!!!!!!

Fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!!

Quitters suck!!!!!!! :mad:

While i agree on what you say, i dont agree on your wording, my best guess would be devs look at another "angry" post, and choose to ignore it, i think if you took some time and made a new post, explaining this in a respectful & serious tone, you might even get a devs attention.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rakeleer wrote: »
    You have some magic, then. The six attempts I made on my 35 rogue on Mad Dragon ended when someone DC'ed/AFKed/Ragequit and we sat there waiting with four people for 10+ minutes. Maybe we didn't wait long enough? Some indication that the system was doing something may then have mitigated the entire group disbanding with "Oh well, no one finishes this one, anyway."

Well, rakeleer, you maybe correct.

I should have said the characters I have done this on are level 15-20. There are probably a lot more of those levels than higher levels. However it does work, and should at least be attempted.

The OP says to allow a party to manually invite a new member to the group if someone quits, and I agree--as the long as the character is of the appropriate level range.
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only problem that needs to be fixed is the massive number people in this post, who need to improve their social life. Don't PUG, go in a guild or group of friends. Yes, there is a way to fix the issue and that is to avoid the problem in the first place...bring people you can trust on, not trust in the fact random people are going to leave. End of story.