test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow us to Freaking Invite People in Instances to Fill Spots because of QUITTERS!!!!

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am sick to death of this!!!!!!! You wait nearly half a **** hour to get a group and once some jackhole gets their epic piece, they drop the freaking group and then NONE OF US CAN FINISH!

I have never seen an MMO like this! Every other MMO out there allows you to queue your group for an open spot for anyone in that dungeon queue to fill! As it stands right now, I have not finished one bloody epic dungeon because of this BS!

I could give two rats craps about the AH exploit, that will work itself out but this garbage is a game breaker for me. I am this close to quitting over this!!!!!!

Fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!!

Quitters suck!!!!!!! :mad:
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Now that is how you rant :)

And yes fix the LFG system
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Now that is how you rant :)

And yes fix the LFG system

Ooooooooooo Im sooooooooooo ticked right now! Im sry for ranting but OMG im sick of this!
  • Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry just made me chuckle.
  • Options
    bakedpotardobakedpotardo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens to me often :( Either that or someone gets mad because someone needed on an item they wanted, so they quit to spite them but it ruins it for everyone, I even seen someone rage and quit over blue items.. it's not half as annoying as being kicked by the party leader just as you kill the last boss so he can steal all the loot though.

The whole party thing needs a LOT of work but when the player base is so full of such people they will find other ways to be pathetic and petty.

I went two days last week without completing a single dungeon because I ended up in every lame party available.

I've only quit one dungeon so far and that was today, simply because my party was ignoring ads and letting me die, I'm a cleric.. I used all my injury kits and pots before we were even half way through, I told them, control the **** ads or I'm out, not worth my time, wasting gold on pots and injury kits but I continued to be mobbed while they all focused one enemy.. So I bailed.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you allow this, then guildies will pick up extras and boot them at some point to replace them with their friends, or guilds will have different people on particular bosses depending on who already has the drops.
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the group system needs some work.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I've lost 3 groups from quitters.

First scenario:
    Player 1 = Why aren't you healing?
    Player 2 = I was!
    Player 2 left the party.

Second scenario:
    Player 1 = Why are you rolling need on a CW item? You're a rogue.
    Player 2 left the party.

Third scenario:
    Player 1 = Do you know how rolling works? If you roll need 1 more time, I'm gone.
    15 minutes later the next boss dies.
    Player 2 rolls need on an item he can't wear.
    Player 1 left the party.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree this needs to be fixed pretty much now.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I agree, I've lost 3 groups from quitters.

First scenario:
    Player 1 = Why aren't you healing?
    Player 2 = I was!
    Player 2 left the party.

Second scenario:
    Player 1 = Why are you rolling need on a CW item? You're a rogue.
    Player 2 left the party.

Third scenario:
    Player 1 = Do you know how rolling works? If you roll need 1 more time, I'm gone.
    15 minutes later the next boss dies.
    Player 2 rolls need on an item he can't wear.
    Player 1 left the party.

You realize 2 of those could be fixed if they fixed the restrictions on classes that can 'need' an item.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    You realize 2 of those could be fixed if they fixed the restrictions on classes that can 'need' an item.

Ohhh yes, definitely, and that's the main purpose why I post these examples, because the MAIN reason my party breaks up is when one person stands up and say, "stop rolling need on items you can't wear". Then the guilty perpetrator will ALWAYS leave the party.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I feel better knowing I'm not alone.
  • Options
    azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny since there's so many of these blaringly obvious problems with the game, the dungeon queue system not being able to replace players, making groups with no clerics or tanks, the pvp queue system not teleporting players in so you end up with 3v5 or 2v5 scenarios, party leaders being randomly assigned and able to kick players from dungeons or pvp at any time at a whim, horrible rubberbanding, various quest bugs, inability to backtrack content like skirmishes to complete achievements, etc. the list goes on.

But they've all been overwhelmed by the rapid fire barrage of exploits, all due to Cryptic's incompetence, that these issues won't even, can't even, be addressed.

They're still mopping up the mess their rollbacks made. Purchased Zen has been lost, AD has been lost, auctioned items have disappeared without a trace. These issues are stacked sky high and good luck ever getting attention to the more innate flaws with gameplay.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    azuregate wrote: »
    It's funny since there's so many of these blaringly obvious problems with the game, the dungeon queue system not being able to replace players, making groups with no clerics or tanks, the pvp queue system not teleporting players in so you end up with 3v5 or 2v5 scenarios, party leaders being randomly assigned and able to kick players from dungeons or pvp at any time at a whim, horrible rubberbanding, various quest bugs, inability to backtrack content like skirmishes to complete achievements, etc. the list goes on.

But they've all been overwhelmed by the rapid fire barrage of exploits, all due to Cryptic's incompetence, that these issues won't even, can't even, be addressed.

They're still mopping up the mess their rollbacks made. Purchased Zen has been lost, AD has been lost, auctioned items have disappeared without a trace. These issues are stacked sky high and good luck ever getting attention to the more innate flaws with gameplay.

It's a mess right now I know. I want to like this game and it seems like they are doing everything in their power to convince me not to.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the group queue system is horribly broken & simplistic. I agree that we should be able to invite people in to the group at any stage of the dungeon or skirmish. Had people go link dead or leave right before the end boss... And we had to requeue and restart...

Also, the queue system should be improved to create a balanced team, rather than slapping random classes into a group.
  • Options
    corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't have said it exactly in the same manner as the OP, but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

I understand that you're all putting out fires right now, but the queue system needs to be a priority and soon.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 with the OP. I have queued for dungeons dozens of times in the past week. My TR waits an eternity in queue. I get in dungeon. Someone can't get in or is DCd. We all have to leave and re-queue because we cannot finish. Or, someone keeps rolling need and people leave over it or the nozzle leaves him or herself because he is either butthurt or shamed when called out. Or someone just feels like doing something else, gets bored, decides to do dinner, change a diaper, whatever, and everyone is screwed. Sometimes 45 mins. in. Twice in the past few days it happened RIGHT AT THE LAST BOSS during Dungeon Delves so get screwed on both end chest and AD. Please fix this and fix the need/greed.
  • Options
    satukisatuki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there needs to be more to dungeons then having to fight massive adds , while dodging circles...
    in t2 dungeons if you dont spec a current way your not gonna win, and thats bulls#!t tune the dungeons to be completed by any group consisting of a tank a healer and 3 damage dealers without exploiting if they roll back logs most of the fights are won by defeating the boss in a way that is cheating much like the AH/AD exploit where people can farm 1million ad + gear easy by simply
    specing knockbacks ...

fix the dungeons 1st
    this means make it to where need rolls only show for proper class
    boss fights are tuned to any spec,race,class ie any dps can kill a boss
    not every boss needs a truckload of adds , its like every boss is control adds + win

the queue system 2nd
    this means having a reserved slot for a tank , healer then look for dps

then we will talk about how bad pugs are when the game mechanics work properly

without fixing the boss fights to be linear especially 5 mans then there is no sense in blaming a player for leaving cause the group comp. is not right to win the fight. i doubt a group with
    a tank a healer a gwf and 2 rogues will go far in t2's and thats just wrong
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    I have never seen an MMO like this! Every other MMO out there allows you to queue your group for an open spot for anyone in that dungeon queue to fill! As it stands right now, I have not finished one bloody epic dungeon because of this BS!

That is so not true! World of Warcraft stopped that awhile ago because people were exploiting it! Mainly guild runs!

4 guildies would queue up for a 5-man, get a 5th person, and if they weren't satisfied with their performance, or halfway through the instance they find an available guildmate to invite, they would always vote-kick the person and invite their guildmate as a replacement!

When people know that a kicked player will be replaced by another random PUG, they think twice before kicking'em! For all they know, they will get someone worst or they will have to wait a long time before finding a replacement!

It's fine the way it is. I know in certain situations, being able to instantly invite a replacement would be nice, but it was just abused beyond belief in WoW. I don't want to see the same thing happen to this game.
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    yea fix this!!! nah better work on pvp afk :cool: trolololololol
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Outdated bad game design.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    1st of all the need to make an LFG channel that works in dungeons.
    2nd they need to make right-click menu item 'Join the dungeon' for a new group member found in the LFG channel.
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    That is so not true! World of Warcraft stopped that awhile ago because people were exploiting it! Mainly guild runs!

4 guildies would queue up for a 5-man, get a 5th person, and if they weren't satisfied with their performance, or halfway through the instance they find an available guildmate to invite, they would always vote-kick the person and invite their guildmate as a replacement!

When people know that a kicked player will be replaced by another random PUG, they think twice before kicking'em! For all they know, they will get someone worst or they will have to wait a long time before finding a replacement!

It's fine the way it is. I know in certain situations, being able to instantly invite a replacement would be nice, but it was just abused beyond belief in WoW. I don't want to see the same thing happen to this game.

This is easily avoided - if you KICK someone, you cannot invite a replacement BUT the extra spot is re-queued for a random replacement of appropriate class. If someone DROPS out by their own choice, then you can invite or wait for an auto-replacement. Right now auto-replacements don't even seem to work unless you're just forming. I'm not sure how exactly that mechanic works, but I've seen people kick and people drop right at the beginning and get replaced, but I've never seen a replacement when someone drops or gets kicked mid-way through.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »

Obvious solution: disable kicking.
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    too busy tracking down all the exploiters we'll fix it someday...
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about the random Joe in PvP arena who luckily becomes party leader and kicks you 10 seconds before match ends. That was really annoying.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    How about the random Joe in PvP arena who luckily becomes party leader and kicks you 10 seconds before match ends. That was really annoying.

Kicking should be banned from PvP as well. Or more or less, in any sort of randomly allocated team grouping, kicking should not be an option.
  • Options
    sydanyosydanyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although...

How often is the quitter the cleric who tries to heal his buddies, who completely ignore the hordes of adds that spawn and go straight for the cleric, who then does everything to try and stay alive, self-healing and drinking potions, often dying several times too, while the others just keep banging away at the boss, still ignoring the adds?

How often is the quitter the cleric who after this decides he's not going to aggro anything, thus doesn't really heal anymore, and gets berated for not doing so, while knowing that would he do so, he'd just get all the adds on him, waste his potions and most likely die again?

How often is the quitter someone who just can't stand to be around the other four guys? As in, "Oh, I'll join a skirmish/dungeon. I mean, I've heard the playerbase is horrible, much like in every game I've played so far, but it can't be that bad, can it?", leading to "...sigh. Screw this. Have a nice life."
  • Options
    sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trade chat would be nice too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Obvious solution: disable kicking.

Not obvious solution! Then everyone is completely stuck when the person goes AFK. Hello?

They need to make it so you can invite and/or have queue replacement. Like Dandamis said, make it so if you kick you have to wait for the system to replace from the queue. If people leave then allow both replacement and invite.
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sydanyo wrote: »
    Although...

How often is the quitter the cleric who tries to heal his buddies, who completely ignore the hordes of adds that spawn and go straight for the cleric, who then does everything to try and stay alive, self-healing and drinking potions, often dying several times too, while the others just keep banging away at the boss, still ignoring the adds?

How often is the quitter the cleric who after this decides he's not going to aggro anything, thus doesn't really heal anymore, and gets berated for not doing so, while knowing that would he do so, he'd just get all the adds on him, waste his potions and most likely die again?

How often is the quitter someone who just can't stand to be around the other four guys? As in, "Oh, I'll join a skirmish/dungeon. I mean, I've heard the playerbase is horrible, much like in every game I've played so far, but it can't be that bad, can it?", leading to "...sigh. Screw this. Have a nice life."

Indeed but what good is smacking on adds if they respawn immediately and takes a while to kill. Also the fact that Cleric always takes aggro even with all the rest of the party smacking on the adds non stop. It all comes down to the poorly designed Boss fights I guess.