Options

Thank You packs today!

124»

Comments

• Options
    sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    I suppose, but don't you think they'll be as angry if they get a 'inferior' pack?

Nope, I'd be happy with nothing. Some others would probably be happy with inferior pack. There are many types of people, find the option that pleases the most. Discriminating is definitely not the answer. I thought giving everyone the same would work, but I think that proved to be wrong based on your and other posts.
  • Options
    sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No one who is upset about the exploits effects being left in the game, cares at all about the cheap gift pack they plan to placate the masses with.

Trust me, the gift pack will be even more of an insult than a 7 hr rollback.
    Not sure I agree with your first statement. These people are fickle enough to rage about this issue to begin with. Which I don't understand since the devs are working to fix the issue. These kind of people are definitely gullible enough to fall for an appeasement.

Assuming the appeasement is good enough. So can't argue with your second statement until we know what it is.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's beta.. They shouldn't have to "appease" anyone.

When do you guys finaly realise that it's NO BETA! Please inform yourself about the therms beta and release candidate!
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, Id bet if you look at the statistics most of your "Kneejerk" kids and people who are crying for restarts aren't really the big supporters. With the obvious exception of a few founders. The major supporters are people who support the game because they believe it could be something great. And people who like Cryptic and pwe as a whole.

I spent 8+ years on city of heroes I have subscriptions on CO AND STO and im a founder here. Im not going anywhere. I will keep supporting PWE as long as they produce games I enjoy. I don't mind if the game economy has some hiccups. Ill stick around through wipes and rollbacks. My actual cash invested has always remained sound. Sure I might lose some celestial coins
    or a few lucky rolls on lockboxes. but all that is transitory and part of the game.

The things that do concern me are things like a lack of account based investments. Id like to see account banks and account housing. Account based costume slots. One reason STO and CO have less grief than NWO (aside from being older and smaller) is people have to invest time and money into multiple characters when they cap some of the stuff is still around for replay. It is much harder to recover from being banned and thus people are less likely to just abuse the system.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When do you guys finaly realise that it's NO BETA! Please inform yourself about the therms beta and release candidate!

Probably about the same time all The Wipers realize there wont be any wipes and stop posting a dozen new threads an hour about it.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy smokes guys... GIVE THEM A CHANCE. Sheesh. I'm not a Cryptic apologist, but put yourself into their shoes.

First of all, they were up ALL NIGHT fixing this stuff. They've only last night decided they will give a good-will gift to all users. Hell, they probably haven't even decided what it will be yet. They know that just throwing some Zen-store trinkets probably will not really be the right thing to do - so I wouldn't surprised if it's a little something "special" - or at least a little more special than that.

Hell, they're still cleaning-up the mess.

Give a little break, will you? Your demanding such the way you are just goes to show your own selfish self-entitlement childish attitudes. Seriously, get a clue.

@Cryptic: the smarter and more patient among us know that shight happens. I, for one, want to thank you guys for your ridiculously long hours and hard work. I know it's really difficult not to take posts like the OP and so many others here personally - but it's just frustrated little twerps without an ounce of life experience, so do try to just let it roll off your backs.

The *silent majority* appreciates what you are doing and the awesome workload you have ahead of you, even before these show-stopper emergencies appear.

To all of you who will debunk my comment: grow up. Really, be an adult - even if you aren't one. Put yourself into the same position as the developers. The pressure is high and they should all probably be on Ibuprofen, Zantac and Percocet. God knows many of them could probably use it.
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    You feel that as long as the packs are good enough, people who leave will come back? I feel that the sooner the pack is sent the better. Obviously, the pack has to be good regardless of when it is sent.

If they're gonna leave, they'll leave whether they get a box o' stuff or not.

Anyway, box o' stuff coming with today's patch. So no point in arguing about what it should or shouldn't have inside, or when we should get it.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    No doubt. But a lot of players play for free. I'm nto worried about the overall player numbers, I think 99% will stay. But I worry the 1% who pay for the game may leave.

Don't worry, I just bought Zen yesterday. Your gaming hours are safe!
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a Cryptic apologist
    Since when?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Don't worry, I just bought Zen yesterday. Your gaming hours are safe!

Buy me a cat, Mein Fuhrerin.

Also, meow.

Also, I want a ****ing cat. Anyone selling one?
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't say when it will be released but it is being worked on today by the Neverwinter Team. We'll update you on all social channels once we get a concrete time and date. Thank you!

so you will tell us on twitter or facebook but not on the forum gotcha
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems like companies don't get that a vast majority of people don't actually use twitter.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Buy me a cat, Mein Fuhrerin.

Also, meow.

Also, I want a ****ing cat. Anyone selling one?

I heard people selling them in Zone chat for 10 g. You should check it out! :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If their goal is to keep the complainers from leaving then a thank you pack will do little good to change that. Nothing will be good enough for those simply looking for an excuse to be indignant on the way out. If they get a thank you pack they will still want a wipe. If they get a wipe they will want the data center to be nuked from orbit and so on.

If, on the other hand, they simply want to say thank you to portion of their playerbase that is less prone to flying into a nerd rage, then Friday should be fine.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.. People are just looking for a chance to walk away from a game they invested money into ? Wow..Fanboys will go to any length ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I heard people selling them in Zone chat for 10 g. You should check it out! :P

But I want one from you. :(
  • Options
    plugarulplugarul Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Holy smokes guys... GIVE THEM A CHANCE. Sheesh. I'm not a Cryptic apologist, but put yourself into their shoes.

First of all, they were up ALL NIGHT fixing this stuff. They've only last night decided they will give a good-will gift to all users. Hell, they probably haven't even decided what it will be yet. They know that just throwing some Zen-store trinkets probably will not really be the right thing to do - so I wouldn't surprised if it's a little something "special" - or at least a little more special than that.

Hell, they're still cleaning-up the mess.

Give a little break, will you? Your demanding such the way you are just goes to show your own selfish self-entitlement childish attitudes. Seriously, get a clue.

@Cryptic: the smarter and more patient among us know that shight happens. I, for one, want to thank you guys for your ridiculously long hours and hard work. I know it's really difficult not to take posts like the OP and so many others here personally - but it's just frustrated little twerps without an ounce of life experience, so do try to just let it roll off your backs.

The *silent majority* appreciates what you are doing and the awesome workload you have ahead of you, even before these show-stopper emergencies appear.

To all of you who will debunk my comment: grow up. Really, be an adult - even if you aren't one. Put yourself into the same position as the developers. The pressure is high and they should all probably be on Ibuprofen, Zantac and Percocet. God knows many of them could probably use it.
    This^^^. Great post
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plugarul wrote: »
    This^^^. Great post

Really it is not tho..Just another in a long line of posts telling unhappy customers they should just get happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy ****, it was just a SEVEN HOUR ROLLBACK For ****'s Sake ! Thank the heavens it was not a 2 day or more rollback because then the kiddies and whiners would go bat**** insane.

Jeez man, just look at all the whiners. Be thankful that they took care of the exploit. That they fixed it and the game is better-off in the long run should be reward and thanks enough for us.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really it is not tho..Just another in a long line of posts telling unhappy customers they should just get happy.
    As opposed to the long line of posts telling happy customers they should just get unhappy. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No gift pack is necessary. Kneejerk kids can go away and nobody would miss them..
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No gift pack is necessary. Kneejerk kids can go away and nobody would miss them..

Yeah. Why should they gift anything ? and give freebies/gifts for what ? FIXING a major exploit ? Improving the game ?

TBH I'd like it if these kids left. Yes the game population will decrease, but at least the idiots will be gone.