What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You packs today!

Comments

• Options
    cutsoncutson Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Giving out stuff every time something breaks is a slippery slope and sets a precedent. Database broke and servers were down for 24 hours? Now we have to take people off making content and fixing things to make another "We're sorry" pack.

IF they did it? What I'd suggest was to do something as easy and quick as feasibly possible and not even reference it to recent events. Here is a level appropriate box of potions of a free profession pack. Things that have real value to Cryptic's bottom line like keys and rare mounts? Never going to happen.
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have them wait, and think of an appropriate compensation/thank you present instead of sending it out now and messing something else up.
  • Options
    sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No that would set off a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> storm of those people who spent a lot of time and Zen who got theirs. The goal is to not cause more forum drama but less...an impossible task when you have this vocal minority that lives to whine, but you have to respect the effort.
    Yes, but those players would also receive a mount and be able to sell it. Still it might be devalued too much at that point. But I think keys could be a happy medium. So those who bought their moutn with zen would still be able to get a second mount and sell it. And since its all luck based, there wouldn't be enough mounts to devalue it a lot.

Never underestimate gambling even when most people lose, it's still fun.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    Yes, but those players would also receive a mount and be able to sell it. Still it might be devalued too much at that point. But I think keys could be a happy medium. So those who bought their moutn with zen would still be able to get a second mount and sell it. And since its all luck based, there wouldn't be enough mounts to devalue it a lot.

Never underestimate gambling even when most people lose, it's still fun.

You're just not going to see anything of great value, I have been a customer of cryptic's for a long time, the max you might get is a bag or a extra companion slot, which to me is way too extravagant for literally nothing.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutepoint1 wrote: »
    I'd rather have them wait, and think of an appropriate compensation/thank you present instead of sending it out now and messing something else up.
    You feel that as long as the packs are good enough, people who leave will come back? I feel that the sooner the pack is sent the better. Obviously, the pack has to be good regardless of when it is sent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're just not going to see anything of great value, I have been a customer of cryptic's for a long time, the max you might get is a bag or a extra companion slot, which to me is way too extravagant for literally nothing.

I haven't played their other MMOs. Their reputation is not good. I am hoping they want this game to be better. OR are they just in it to make the quick buck and get out? Either way, hoping for the best is better than admitting defeat before the battle begins. I'm one of those people who try even if its 4v5.
  • Options
    eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do. They pay for my game.

Knee jerk kids who quit because they lost 7 hours of game time are not the ones putting money into the game.
  • Options
    ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I better get a title for this. I am hoping for:
    "The devs rolled me back but all I got was this stupid title"
    Wait, what? Its too long? RAGEQUIT!

:D jk

This ^^^^^
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Son of Flannigan has no need for your hand outs or charity!

Although a free key would be neat.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't say when it will be released but it is being worked on today by the Neverwinter Team. We'll update you on all social channels once we get a concrete time and date. Thank you!

I hope only people that have financially supported this endeavor are rewarded. I.e. Founders, people that have purchased Zen, etc.
  • Options
    igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    i sincerely hope they give out free cats. if they dont plan to delete the ones gained through money laundering, they might as well give them out free, since yanno, exploiters got em for free by the barrel-full. exploiters will think, yay, yet another cat to add to my 50 cat collection, no big to them, they got their money and got away scott free, whats 1 more million AD when they have 100 million. but the people who didnt exploit will at least feel a little less left behind in the dirt.

also the ones still trying to launder their dirty cat money will have a hard time making any money from them when the markets flooded with em. bites into their ill gained profits.
  • Options
    xxxsteffxxxxxxsteffxxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i rellay dont have a problem paying for i game i like. but i hate this all play4free politics. u end up with things u never wanted in the first place. so take a good look at wow, most important the que, make a monthly fee and most of the people are happy
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Hey Cryptic, you should release the thank you pack today. You are losing a lot of "kneejerk" kids every minute. Yes they are a very small percentage of players, but they are also the ones that spend tons of money on this game and keep it free for people like me.

I'm not leaving this game even if you don't give us a thank you pack since I enjoy it so much. But I do realize we need to appease the people who pay for stuff, regardless of how immature or illogical they are. And you should go overboard with the thank you pack. You can go all out and still profit depending on what you include in it.

Things that I would like to see in the pack:
    1. Companion that gives you his stats- This is a win for Cryptic since people will spend money to buy enchants for their companion. A week or two later come out with a similar companion that looks a little better. So that people buy the new companion and have to buy the enchants all over.
    2. XP boosts - Win for cryptic as people will find they need to spend more $$$ the higher level their character is. Make it work for every character a person creates. So people spend more money on new characters.
    3. Respec token - Neutral. Most people will need to respec more than once so not that bad of a hit. But it will please a lot of people.
    4. 20 lockbox keys - Initial Loss for Cryptic. Lets be honest, you have to take some of the loss for this Cryptic. But in a week you can change the contents of the lockbox to include some even better looking mounts or companions or pets.
    5. Piece of gear from PvP set. No impact since it is very easy to get this anyhow. But it might appease those who spent a lot of time farming glory yesterday. Its a weak set, so it will be replaced quickly.
    6. As suggested by smulch- a blessed profession resource pack and a coffer of wondrous augmentation

But whatever you decide to give out.. do it today!

If you log in it is EASY to see the people who are kneejerk kids are on the forums and they are just complaining, not really leaving...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I hope only people that have financially supported this endeavor are rewarded. I.e. Founders, people that have purchased Zen, etc.

Good idea in theory but discriminating against the largest playerbase (people who don't pay) is not a good idea. Although, they could give the bums much less valuable stuff then the people who support the game.
  • Options
    smartdogssmartdogs Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is not in "beta"
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good idea in theory but discriminating against the largest playerbase (people who don't pay) is not a good idea. Although, they could give the bums much less valuable stuff then the people who support the game.

Sorry but why should PWE compensate people who don't pay? It's the paying customers who got more shafted, not freeloaders
  • Options
    dimitranokaidimitranokai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to laugh my butt off when these 'Thank You' packs arrive and they're full of garbage. Chances are better than good that they're going to be lame.

I'm predicting party poppers and lockboxes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Sorry but why should PWE compensate people who don't pay? It's the paying customers who got more shafted, not freeloaders

the free players are a commodity. if we werent here youd have a wasteland of a game to play in. only ever see another player every half hour-hour ingame. no one plays an mmo to play alone, otherwise theyd be playing skyrim or whatever other single player game. we populate the game so the paying players stay. so in a way we are just as important.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

freeloaders still lost time played. I know paying customers got shafted more. I support them getting more compensation. You need freeloaders to queue up and to buy your stuff on the AH and to beat in PvP. Losing any player, besides the exploiters/botters is not good for an mmo. The more people playing the better.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freeloaders still lost time played. I know paying customers got shafted more. I support them getting more compensation. You need freeloaders to queue up and to buy your stuff on the AH and to beat in PvP. Losing any player, besides the exploiters/botters is not good for an mmo. The more people playing the better.

We are talking about 7 hours lost, on a Sunday. Really.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to laugh my butt off when these 'Thank You' packs arrive and they're full of garbage. Chances are better than good that they're going to be lame.

You are probably right. But how do you get any satisfaction in hoping for the destruction of something you enjoyed?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah but no matter how great they could be some self-entitled parasite would find something to cry about, so why bother?

Yeah my kids and I played the Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt board games...it was awesome.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smartdogs wrote: »
    This game is not in "beta"

It is. If you don't agree that's your own problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying its logical, but you must agree some freeloaders will leave if they get nothing. Why not throw them a bone? How does it hurt your gaming?
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A BAG PLEASE! My inventory explodes if i spend more than 30 minutes out of camp D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It is. If you don't agree that's your own problem.

Using the adjective "beta" is not a blanket clause to dismiss all concerns or feedback, though some still post stuff like this to the boards continually.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying its logical, but you must agree some freeloaders will leave if they get nothing. Why not throw them a bone? How does it hurt your gaming?

I suppose, but don't you think they'll be as angry if they get a 'inferior' pack?
  • Options
    cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EXCUSE ME.. I am no teenager, I am pissed off because, of how this exploit was happening more than 2 weeks ago, and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNTIL last minute... They should have made a new server, the economy would have been reset... THEY HAD MORE PEOPLE ASK FOR A WIPE... THEY SHOULD have pleased THE BIGGER crowd... Isn't that how business works? You go with what is wanted by the most... I am sorry, but you can call me, "illogical." Which is a very contemptuous statement. I will just look at you as one of the immature teens, because of how much you expect too see in the "thanks bag." Oi, I shouldn't have played this game to begin with.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one who is upset about the exploits effects being left in the game, cares at all about the cheap gift pack they plan to placate the masses with.

Trust me, the gift pack will be even more of an insult than a 7 hr rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No one who is upset about the exploits effects being left in the game, cares at all about the cheap gift pack they plan to placate the masses with.

Trust me, the gift pack will be even more of an insult than a 7 hr rollback.

quoted for truth lol