test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You packs today!

sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Cryptic, you should release the thank you pack today. You are losing a lot of "kneejerk" kids every minute. Yes they are a very small percentage of players, but they are also the ones that spend tons of money on this game and keep it free for people like me.

I'm not leaving this game even if you don't give us a thank you pack since I enjoy it so much. But I do realize we need to appease the people who pay for stuff, regardless of how immature or illogical they are. And you should go overboard with the thank you pack. You can go all out and still profit depending on what you include in it.

Things that I would like to see in the pack:
1. Companion that gives you his stats- This is a win for Cryptic since people will spend money to buy enchants for their companion. A week or two later come out with a similar companion that looks a little better. So that people buy the new companion and have to buy the enchants all over.
2. XP boosts - Win for cryptic as people will find they need to spend more $$$ the higher level their character is. Make it work for every character a person creates. So people spend more money on new characters.
3. Respec token - Neutral. Most people will need to respec more than once so not that bad of a hit. But it will please a lot of people.
4. 20 lockbox keys - Initial Loss for Cryptic. Lets be honest, you have to take some of the loss for this Cryptic. But in a week you can change the contents of the lockbox to include some even better looking mounts or companions or pets.
5. Piece of gear from PvP set. No impact since it is very easy to get this anyhow. But it might appease those who spent a lot of time farming glory yesterday. Its a weak set, so it will be replaced quickly.
6. As suggested by smulch- a blessed profession resource pack and a coffer of wondrous augmentation

But whatever you decide to give out.. do it today!
Post edited by sdnever on

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's beta.. They shouldn't have to "appease" anyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Not sure I follow. These games are riddled with teenagers who have no clue what they are saying or what they are spending. If these guys are paying for the game and they want to be appeased..then so be it.

It's like your saying people shouldn't pay for cosmetic items. I agree with you, but that's not reality, so why argue about it?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who actually cares if the kneejerk kids leave? Most of them are responsible for the idiocy anyway.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Who actually cares if the kneejerk kids leave? Most of them are responsible for the idiocy anyway.
    I do. They pay for my game.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I logged on a little bit ago, and the server (Beholder) is as full as ever, so it doesn't look like a lot of players are leaving. Not yet anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually I logged on a little bit ago, and the server (Beholder) is as full as ever, so it doesn't look like a lot of players are leaving. Not yet anyway.

No doubt. But a lot of players play for free. I'm nto worried about the overall player numbers, I think 99% will stay. But I worry the 1% who pay for the game may leave.
  • Options
    strike2wcestrike2wce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're still working on the auction house and zen market and still banning players who abused the exploit.

That's a little more important than sending out these "thank you packs" barely even 24 hours after the servers went down.

They've already said they'll get them sent out anytime after the middle of the week.
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its beta,,so a full wipe shouldnt hurt anyone and help reset market values right? The issue is that this bug has been around ,they knew about it and let it happen to drive up the value of Zen and de value AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    strike2wce wrote: »
    They're still working on the auction house and zen market and still banning players who abused the exploit.

That's a little more important than sending out these "thank you packs" barely even 24 hours after the servers went down.

They've already said they'll get them sent out anytime after the middle of the week.

Fair point. But these kids don't use logic. They want instant gratification. I'm sure cryptic has people who aren't working on the AH that can mail out some goodies.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it's not even an issue, why make a bait thread about it?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its beta,,so a full wipe shouldnt hurt anyone and help reset market values right? The issue is that this bug has been around ,they knew about it and let it happen to drive up the value of Zen and de value AD.

The difference being they said they wouldn't wipe once OB began so... That argument isn't relevant.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuff does not happen instantly people. Calm down, wait or get out.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    If it's not even an issue, why make a bait thread about it?

It's an issue. These players will be gone by friday. We can make them stay with a thank you pack today. At least I think so.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Stuff does not happen instantly people. Calm down, wait or get out.
    Continued success of this game depends on people staying and not getting out. Calling for people to leave is anti-game sentiment. Lets be pro game in a logical manner.
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I had to login just to write that I'm honestly disgusted with you. Those guys are working their asses off day night in beta game you are allowed to play free and yet you have cockiness to come here asking for free stuff and you even make thread about it. You should be ****ing playing, testing and enjoying this game and not screaming here like little kid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Sorry, I had to login just to write that I'm honestly disgusted with you. Those guys are working their asses off day night in beta game you are allowed to play free and yet you have cockiness to come here asking for free stuff and you even make thread about it. You should be ****ing playing, testing and enjoying this game and not screaming here like little kid.
    Where did I use caps?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok,,lets look at it for what it really is then. The whole open beta while making money off a cash shop shows what this game and company has resorted too. Open beta is just a way to say the game is out just full of bugs. Then add to it that there was an exploit to make millions of the "rare" in game currency that was alllowed to go on since beta making Ad worthless and zen worth even more.
    The difference being they said they wouldn't wipe once OB began so... That argument isn't relevant.
  • Options
    pmiillepmiille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's beta so why appease anyone? really? they are taking money from people. are they going to give all that zen back if they wipe? if not, then wipe isn't acceptable. if they lose 80% of the people spending money on the game, do you seriously think development goes on as normal? and btw, i don't know how many people are able to get connected, but i can't even get connected to the patch server, let alone the game. so, the problem is hardly fixed.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    It's an issue. These players will be gone by friday. We can make them stay with a thank you pack today. At least I think so.

I doubt it, if they're going to leave then they'll justify leaving to themselves alone and just do it, instead of sitting around threatening to leave either way.

this thread just serves as further flame bait and appeal to ridicule, on a subject that is getting spammed to bits now, and more often than not twisted to make those who make decent point about how they feel things could be better, look like irrational immature whingers...
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If it's beta then them keeping the stuff they got from Exploits wouldn't matter on launch day. Or is this game allowing people to keep their characters?
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you are correct.

Just sad that is was a known bug and they did sit about it.
    :eek:
  • Options
    mathakarmathakar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013

It's Beta with a fully functional cash shop and people already spending tens of not hundreds of dollars in the game to see some exploit carried over from a previous game lead to a rollback.

Yeah, they shouldn't have to appease anyone. Of course.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    You are losing a lot of "kneejerk" kids every minute.
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok,,lets look at it for what it really is then. The whole open beta while making money off a cash shop shows what this game and company has resorted too. Open beta is just a way to say the game is out just full of bugs. Then add to it that there was an exploit to make millions of the "rare" in game currency that was alllowed to go on since beta making Ad worthless and zen worth even more.

True. But what company do you know of that works differently? Your name is blizzard... are you sayign blizzard is altruistic and nothing like PWE?

I actually think calling this beta is a good idea. If you know anything about developing highly scaled software is that even small issues are HUGE. And no software is perfect so you will release content with HUGE issues no matter what. So calling it beta and releasing it is a good idea.I think most people would agree with me as long as the cash shop is not in my argument.

Now if we include the cash shop then we see the problem. I can't really come up with a good argument for doign an open beta with a cash shop. But some minor points are: no one forced you to buy anything. You could of waited until beta was over. And secondly it is very hard for a software company to be in development for many years without ever making any sales. I'm not making excuses for them, but if you know of a better company, I will gladly go support them instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The game is launched ,they just say its open beta to hide and cover their rears with all the bugs issues and exploits,,yes all characters are going to carry over! With their inventory and bank.
    osiabunny wrote: »
    If it's beta then them keeping the stuff they got from Exploits wouldn't matter on launch day. Or is this game allowing people to keep their characters?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! Give us our Packs Naooooowwwww!!!!

So we can scream and rant how lame they are. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.

I think so. I could be wrong though. These kids will probably be gone within a month anyhow. Still I'd like to give them another month to spend hundreds of $$$ in this game. Why stop them from spending money so soon?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah and they probably contributed a grand sum of ... zero? They won't be missed
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Yeah and they probably contributed a grand sum of ... zero? They won't be missed

I hope you are right and I'm 100% wrong.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If their goal is to keep the complainers from leaving then a thank you pack will do little good to change that. Nothing will be good enough for those simply looking for an excuse to be indignant on the way out. If they get a thank you pack they will still want a wipe. If they get a wipe they will want the data center to be nuked from orbit and so on.

If, on the other hand, they simply want to say thank you to portion of their playerbase that is less prone to flying into a nerd rage, then Friday should be fine.

All die, so die well.