What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You packs today!

Comments

• Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is launched ,they just say its open beta to hide and cover their rears with all the bugs issues and exploits,,yes all characters are going to carry over! With their inventory and bank.

Then I say wipe the servers while game is still considered beta and young. This won't fix itself through the course of time. IP bans don't work 100%
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive been through this before with other Cryptic games. We wont see anything for a couple of weeks. And it will most likely be something new and fluffy. A title or some "I survived" baubble. Dont expect a lot of substance. But im fine with that

Id rather they work on the game then some appeasement gift.
  • Options
    xymmxymm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far, it seems, I have paid exactly what the game is worth.
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The 'its beta' excuse is getting old. This is an early release, not a beta.

The beta tag is just there because the game isn't fully complete, things are still unfinished and rough. Bugs are plenty and bad sh*t will happen. Its just a warning.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic, you should release the thank you pack today. You are losing a lot of "kneejerk" kids every minute. Yes they are a very small percentage of players, but they are also the ones that spend tons of money on this game and keep it free for people like me.

I'm not leaving this game even if you don't give us a thank you pack since I enjoy it so much. But I do realize we need to appease the people who pay for stuff, regardless of how immature or illogical they are. And you should go overboard with the thank you pack. You can go all out and still profit depending on what you include in it.

Things that I would like to see in the pack:
    1. Companion that gives you his stats- This is a win for Cryptic since people will spend money to buy enchants for their companion. A week or two later come out with a similar companion that looks a little better. So that people buy the new companion and have to buy the enchants all over.
    2. XP boosts - Win for cryptic as people will find they need to spend more $$$ the higher level their character is. Make it work for every character a person creates. So people spend more money on new characters.
    3. Respec token - Neutral. Most people will need to respec more than once so not that bad of a hit. But it will please a lot of people.
    4. 20 lockbox keys - Initial Loss for Cryptic. Lets be honest, you have to take some of the loss for this Cryptic. But in a week you can change the contents of the lockbox to include some even better looking mounts or companions or pets.
    5. Piece of gear from PvP set. No impact since it is very easy to get this anyhow. But it might appease those who spent a lot of time farming glory yesterday. Its a weak set, so it will be replaced quickly.

But whatever you decide to give out.. do it today!

How about they continue to allow you to play Open Beta for free? That sounds like a great gift to me...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I used the email and screen name of Blizzard in some variation since long before Blizzard Ent. It was more of a nod to Ozzy and my favorite album form him ,Blizzard of Oz.

Second ,running a cash shop while in beta,allowing an exploit that drives down the in game currency and drive up the real world currency . With no plans of a clean slate just comes across as shady.

Third,,they have no plans on further developing this game ,bet on it. Look at Champions online. They abandonded that game long ago. Then look at STO. Thy put in the foundry so the players can create content and they dont have too. And here we are with the same thing.
    True. But what company do you know of that works differently? Your name is blizzard... are you sayign blizzard is altruistic and nothing like PWE?

I actually think calling this beta is a good idea. If you know anything about developing highly scaled software is that even small issues are HUGE. And no software is perfect so you will release content with HUGE issues no matter what. So calling it beta and releasing it is a good idea.I think most people would agree with me as long as the cash shop is not in my argument.

Now if we include the cash shop then we see the problem. I can't really come up with a good argument for doign an open beta with a cash shop. But some minor points are: no one forced you to buy anything. You could of waited until beta was over. And secondly it is very hard for a software company to be in development for many years without ever making any sales. I'm not making excuses for them, but if you know of a better company, I will gladly go support them instead.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xymm wrote: »

Same here.

Oh wait.. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Ive been through this before with other Cryptic games. We wont see anything for a couple of weeks. And it will most likely be something new and fluffy. A title or some "I survived" baubble. Dont expect a lot of substance. But im fine with that

Id rather they work on the game then some appeasement gift.

Yeah pretty much this, I don't think this fiasco was even gift worthy to tell you the truth, want to give me a gift? Track down every single scum-sucking cheater and ban them as well as all of their mules.

That is gift enough, I will earn the rest.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    I can't say when it will be released but it is being worked on today by the Neverwinter Team. We'll update you on all social channels once we get a concrete time and date. Thank you!
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who actually cares if the kneejerk kids leave? Most of them are responsible for the idiocy anyway.

to be fair. kneejerkers are the ones most stupid and likely enough to throw money at 50$ zen mounts.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I better get a title for this. I am hoping for:
    "The devs rolled me back but all I got was this stupid title"
    Wait, what? Its too long? RAGEQUIT!

:D jk

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you are right and I'm 100% wrong.

There isn't any 100% right or wrong, but in the case of most 'complainers' and screamers, I'd say we are 70/30 in my favour
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imobius wrote: »
    The 'its beta' excuse is getting old. .

Not nearly as old as:

Worst Launch eva!!
    WIPE Na0W Plz!!!
    and the ever popular
    Economy iz D00mzorz!!

By the same five people.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xymm wrote: »
    Even with your attitude, you are still valuable to the game. We need the big player base to have shorter queues. But you are a lot easier to replace than the people who put a lot of $$$ into this game.
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't say when it will be released but it is being worked on today by the Neverwinter Team. We'll update you on all social channels once we get a concrete time and date. Thank you!

I guarantee people are going to read this as they'll get it today. The wording "it is being worked on today" will stick with those who lack comprehensive reading skills.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give us a pack that contain a blessed profession resource pack and a coffer of wondrous augmentation as a start. This would at least compensate for the reset of celestial tokens.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    There isn't any 100% right or wrong, but in the case of most 'complainers' and screamers, I'd say we are 70/30 in my favour

Agreed. But 30% change of failure can be improved with the thank you packs. I didn't create this thread with divine knowledge. I'm just hedging my bets.
  • Options
    cutsoncutson Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And $5 worth of in game stuff isn't going to appease those people anyway. They are better off not giving out anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smulch wrote: »
    Give us a pack that contain a blessed profession resource pack and a coffer of wondrous augmentation as a start. This would at least compensate for the reset of celestial tokens.

Adding this to OP.
  • Options
    qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's beta.. They shouldn't have to "appease" anyone.

Wrong. As soon as someone spends any amount of money on the game they are now customers or investors. Real beta tests are free for "testers" to experience all of the content on the companies dime, not their own. This is not beta, this is a live version of the game that you can pay for in order to help the devs fix their own failures. It's exactly the same as hiring a contractor to build your house and then having to show up every morning with your tool belt.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cutson wrote: »
    And $5 worth of in game stuff isn't going to appease those people anyway. They are better off not giving out anything.
    What would you suggest? How about a bag? Although, the 20 keys I mentioned could easily be 1mill ADs if you are lucky.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cutson wrote: »

I agree with this, it's really nice of cryptic but unnecessary, because anything less than a Twilight Inferno mount or an obscene amount of AD will be called lame anyway by these guys.

Why give if it won't be appreciated?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! You didn't say anything at all, but the fact you replied may mean its coming soon. Small chance, but every bit helps.
  • Options
    jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

then they shouldn't ban anyone either

it's a beta
    it has bugs, not exploits
    Who actually cares if the kneejerk kids leave? Most of them are responsible for the idiocy anyway.

no
    its the developers and QA testers who are responsible for this mess

negative bids
    lol
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jamesl1 wrote: »
    then they shouldn't ban anyone either

it's a beta
    it has bugs, not exploits

If you find a bug you are supposed to report it, not to exploit it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree with this, it's really nice of cryptic but unnecessary, because anything less than a Twilight Inferno mount or an obscene amount of AD will be called lame anyway by these guys.

Why give if it won't be appreciated?
    Why not give you an inferno mount? I think its definitely possible. All they have to do is then make a much better looking inferno mount to compensate for the loss. You devalue something by making it common and then release something that is rare and expensive. Simple.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To me losing kneejerk WoW kids is better than any gift package! Long live Neverember!
  • Options
    blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No it's not.
    They make call it that but it's not. Not after the cash shop rolls in.
    Every mmo that rushes the cash shop is in unofficial full release of their product.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why not give you an inferno mount? I think its definitely possible. All they have to do is then make a much better looking inferno mount to compensate for the loss. You devalue something by making it common and then release something that is rare and expensive. Simple.

No that would set off a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> storm of those people who spent a lot of time and Zen who got theirs. The goal is to not cause more forum drama but less...an impossible task when you have this vocal minority that lives to whine, but you have to respect the effort.
    kaerthus wrote: »
    To me losing kneejerk WoW kids is better than any gift package! Long live Neverember!

So much THIS^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually the biggest irony and a definite finger to the exploiters would be to give a reskinned cat away with no actual companion abilities.