test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The official fanboy/girl Neverwinter thread-list (Non-Quitters)

Comments

• selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozcollo wrote: »
    You should know better than to listen to official/developer responses and believe them! Clearly, a forum goer has more insight than you or I as well as the developers. I'd guess it would go against his opinion to actually read information released by the devs though.

You know what..You're right! Screw listening to them.

Reddit has all the answers. They are now my official bible on Neverwinter.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    [TARD MODE ON] Hey! I wasn't included in the fanbois list, so this is all a scam! This needs to be redone, otherwise I will ask for... I will ask for... hell, what am I gonna ask for?? [TARD MODE OFF]

How could I add you to a fanboy list if you told me you weren't a fanboy? :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    You know what..You're right! Screw listening to them.

Reddit has all the answers. They are now my official bible on Neverwinter.

Why limit it to NWO? Reddit has the answers to all the big questions. And sometimes even the questions to all the big answers (see "42")
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    +1 here!!!! I love this game and honestly could care less about the AH exploits. I just use it anyways to sell my low level blues and some high level gems I don't need.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »

**** my mouth....
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    trap.jpg

"Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
    edited May 2013
    Why limit it to NWO? Reddit has the answers to all the big questions. And sometimes even the questions to all the big answers (see "42")
    The answers of life? ****! I thought I could only find that on 4chan! The amount of information you find on the internet is amazing!

*rainbow*

• countgertcountgert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having fun with the game, so no intention of quitting.
    edited May 2013
    The answers of life? ****! I thought I could only find that on 4chan! The amount of information you find on the internet is amazing!

*rainbow*

I wasn't aware reddit and 4chan were actually two different entities.... Are you sure?
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't aware reddit and 4chan were actually two different entities.... Are you sure?

Not totally sure. Might want to ask lhyeuze. After all, he has all the information.

• lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Lets see..

Front page says Open Beta
    Email from Hero Launch says Open Beta
    Offically stated several times by Mods/Admins that is is Open Beta
    Talked to a Dev who has also stated it is open beta

Yeah, apparently I am stupid for listening. I know what Open Beta is. It is their reasoning for creating a SOFT LAUNCH of the game and allowing people to play understanding that there WILL BE BUGS. This allows them the ability to fix it without dealing with so many people crying it is a hard launched game. It also is to try and get people to understand the game is still a work in progress. This isn't WoW. Cryptic does not have that type of money pool. It does not have millions upon millions of players to alpha and beta test. Hell, even then WoW releases buggy patches, broken mechanics and more. They just have to deal with the legal side more because their game is an official launch.

Oh! Lets add in Twitter and Facebook in their status of the game.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Just check neverwinter status, no need to thank me for opening your eyes
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »

Haters keep clinging to that one little letter instead of the HUGE BANNERS showing open beta. You're welcome for opening your eyes.
    edited May 2013

Trailturtle stated it as an error on the site.

No need to thank me for taping your eyes open.

• bodysuitmanbodysuitman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not going anywere
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Trailturtle stated it as an error on the site.

No need to thank me for taping your eyes open.

If it is beta, why they do not thank the exploiters for finding out that bug? Why there is no wipe if this is a beta?
    edited May 2013
    If it is beta, why they do not thank the exploiters for finding out that bug? Why there is no wipe if this is a beta?

It's a soft launch, like many F2P titles do.

That doesn't mean that if you find a bug, instead of reporting it, you can abuse it and exploit it. I am assuming you did the latter and not the former
  • ozcolloozcollo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They painted themselves into a corner when they began accepting money from players. I also believe they prematurely ruled out server wipes and didn't want to be seen as going back on their word. That's still not enough for you to insist this isn't a beta when there are literally banners everywhere advertising it as such.

Either way, I'm thankful that these exploits reared their heads early and I was able to see how the developers would respond and handle this situation. It's how I base my decision on whether a game is worth investing time and money into.
    edited May 2013
    They painted themselves into a corner when they began accepting money from players. I also believe they prematurely ruled out server wipes and didn't want to be seen as going back on their word. That's still not enough for you to insist this isn't a beta when there are literally banners everywhere advertising it as such.

Either way, I'm thankful that these exploits reared their heads early and I was able to see how the developers would respond and handle this situation. It's how I base my decision on whether a game is worth investing time and money into.
    I am happy how they handled it. They could have said nothing and just took the servers down. They had someone on the Twitter feed at all times answering what questions they could even though many of them he did not have information on. That is better than nothing at all. They are even offering up a thank you gift just for dealing with it. That is the extra mile for me.

• spittlezspittlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No quitting here, game is too much fun.
    edited May 2013
    I am happy how they handled it. They could have said nothing and just took the servers down. They had someone on the Twitter feed at all times answering what questions they could even though many of them he did not have information on. That is better than nothing at all. They are even offering up a thank you gift just for dealing with it. That is the extra mile for me.

Fair enough! I'm glad you found a game you believe is worth investing in. Even for all its faults, it absolutely has potential. It wasn't how I believe it should have been handled, but I have a bias in that I stumbled onto this game while beta testing and awaiting another games release. I might be back to try Neverwinter after its release if I ever get bored with Final Fantasy XIV: ARR. Hopefully by then the economy and community stabilize. We'll see, otherwise, good luck!
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sticking around. Granted, I've never really been one to work the markets so really I haven't lost anything.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if I ever get bored with Final Fantasy XIV: ARR.

When i read things like this, i boggle. Don't get me wrong, i'm going to try it too, as i bought the collectors edition. It's just that to say this is worse or anything like that, mind blowing. I pretty much enjoyed it, but a sub game that was basically free for much of it's run because even the makers knew they messed up with it, and then basically scrubbed the entire thing to redo it, and now expect people to subscribe to what looks more like a WoW clone in a FFXI skin. At least the original version took chances, and did things differently, ARR feels more like every other hotbar mmo i've played before, which is sad.
  • willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    I am staying too
  • krone0krone0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Myself and 3 of my friends are definately staying. Its open beta (regardless of the zen shop) and these problems are expected.
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    When i read things like this, i boggle. Don't get me wrong, i'm going to try it too, as i bought the collectors edition. It's just that to say this is worse or anything like that, mind blowing. I pretty much enjoyed it, but a sub game that was basically free for much of it's run because even the makers knew they messed up with it, and then basically scrubbed the entire thing to redo it, and now expect people to subscribe to what looks more like a WoW clone in a FFXI skin. At least the original version took chances, and did things differently, ARR feels more like every other hotbar mmo i've played before, which is sad.

Reread my post. I never said this was worse and I also admitted I had a bias, one that I won't discuss due to how far off-topic from the current discussion we would go. I only stated that the developers actions during the beta concerning all of the exploiting and how they handled it were unsatisfactory to me. I made it a point to mention that I believe Neverwinter has a great deal of potential. The combat alone made this game fun to me.

So yeah, "when you read things like this" you should note the context and make sure you understand it all. If I was not clear, I apologize.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quitting over something so silly. Every game has it's ups and downs at the start. I also really don't mind that some are quitting over something this silly either, means the servers are less overly populated and I can lag less in towns and won't have to dig through the spam as much in zone chat. ;;

That and the individuals who spent money on this game this early then rage over things like this just make me wonder what in the world they were thinking when they were buying things like zen/etc knowing the game just came out into 'open beta'. Issues are bound to happen this early. :L You took the risk, so don't whine about it. Dx
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • auzrael34auzrael34 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can add me to the list please. I refuse to let a handful of jerks ruin a game I enjoy playing so much. I have been following it for a long time and have even been writing some tutorials and guides for it to share with the community. You can count me in as a long time commitment and dedicated player.
  • natsumynatsumy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol the 101 dalmatians! :D
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't going to post in here, but the more people I see acting like this is a game killer makes me sick. People need to learn things happen and not always good things. The game will continue since it seems most players don't even know what happened. So, add my name to the list of people not quitting. I have been a loyal SOE customer for 12 years, this is a situation is a joke to me compared to some of what they have done. :)
  • mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Long as foundry still works, and I can quasi-DM online outside NWN and NWN2 as a medium. I will stay.

At the end of the day, its just a game, just pixels that dance around in color patterns that please me when I push buttons, in my leisure time.
    Long as I have fun in the game, can loot what I need, enjoy the bit of free time I have with my friends online..then Im going to keep playing.
This discussion has been closed.