test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The official fanboy/girl Neverwinter thread-list (Non-Quitters)

12345679»

Comments

• baddolphinbaddolphin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Total support here for the game. Add me to the list.
  • niccicypher7niccicypher7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... I am only two weeks in. I don't see me quitting at this point. Neverwinter is Fun, and F2P! :)
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the list for a free cat.
  • grudge13grudge13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never even entertained idea of quiting, this is only MMO I play at the moment and first one in which I had real fun in long while. If that makes me fanboy so be it.
  • sanmercisanmerci Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until they throw me out on my ear and lock the door... I'll be here!
  • soryu1983soryu1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm staying. If I can put up with all the goofiness in CO, I think I can handle this :P
  • merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going to quit, but I'm no fangirl. The game is decent, but buggy, and not nearly as good as the Neverwinter Nights PC games. The Neverwinter title is what drew me, after all. The foundry is the saving grace here, and that's why I'm going to stick around, to see the great storytelling that the community creates.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Much as I find this a disappointment. The game itself, outside of the economy, is enjoyable, the combat is quick paced, and I have been waiting too long for another D&D mmo to just pass this by. And I dropped a chunk of cash on the game already.

As long as they stay strong about not wiping- I'm in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fan

Short for Fanatic....

Sorry but i dont want to be " fanatical " about a game...if the game is bad, then its bad... and needs to be addressed. I've played dozens of games are " good " but have issues, and as someone that likes that game, can say " yea this game is good but... it needs this fixed " the problem with most fans is, that they have this mentality of " OH BUT ITS BEST GAME EVER AND HAS NO PROBLEMS " but, fact of the matter is...

Neverwinter at its core is a good game but has several issues need fixed/addressed...and sooner you fanatics figure that out, and start *****ing, sooner that PWE is gonna get off there lazy *** and fix it.
  • avalyssiaavalyssia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll be around still playing, though I'm more of a "casual-throw money at the cash shop when sees something pretty" type player.

After exhausting myself on WoW I learnt not to take any game so seriously.
  • ilgiambrailgiambra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what? Someone want's a free cat? I don't care.
    I like this game, i like it's being mmo-action-rpg-D&Dinspired.
    And i'd like people focalize more maybe about making game mechanics better than thinking about "OH MY GOD HE GOT MUCH MORE ZEN THAN ME".
    Who cares? I like the game, i'm in
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Yay im number 10 ^.^ lol
  • pharoah4187pharoah4187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ack! Ye misspelled my name! I find myself wounded! Oh grievous day!

funny-pictures-dramatic-cat-asks-where-the-sting-of-death-is.jpg
  • axvonhammeraxvonhammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dig it. Its a great game. I was almost as entertained reading the e-rage on the forums yesterday as I would have been playing the game. The tears were delicious.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Ack! Ye misspelled my name! I find myself wounded! Oh grievous day!

funny-pictures-dramatic-cat-asks-where-the-sting-of-death-is.jpg

LOL love the picture xD
  • xaner0xaner0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will not quit either. I love this game SO MUCH! :D
    edited May 2013
    I dig it. Its a great game. I was almost as entertained reading the e-rage on the forums yesterday as I would have been playing the game. The tears were delicious.

And I know right? lol
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    No quitting here :) altho the game has some problems i am convinced PWE will do everything they can to make the game the best
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I came to PWE when City of heroes was brutally shut down in the Prime of its newly turned FTP life. I had been with city 8+ years and had 9000 of their ZEN unspent. no refunds were given.

So then I moved to CO as so many COX refugees did but the forecast there was (and still is) extremely negative as most of PWE's attention was focused on STO and NWO..

I also tried STO and tor which had a lot of unhappy lore junkies upset at the games but loyal to the genre, and wow but we all know Its issues.

Now has such promise I LOVE the Gateway and the fact you can connect via Instant messenger to chat with guildies, I love the sliders in char though id prefer CO and STO style costume slots, I can adapt. I have hope they will add more costumes and stand alone dyes (white grey brown and yellow, orange, darkblue, aqua ive seen these in the packs), I Know they will add more races (kobold..pixie...eladrin...dragonborn) and more classes (archer, Warlock, Druid, monk, Palidin) with all this to look forwards to how can I LEAVE?!
  • ozziethecatozziethecat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably not. I'm still having fun. I played the daylights out of NWN and NWN2, so this feels very similar. (Even though I'm not a huge fan of the simplified ruleset, but I don't know how the heck they'd implement it for an MMO.)
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ummm pfiles (player records) are stored in a database. Its very easy to restore a database to a specific point in time.... sometimes this takes time.

There must be something you aren't taking into account, because the programmer who was being interviewed repeatedly mentioned that they were panicked that they might have killed the game.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    My gave me a cat, and sold my items even though They were expensive and I have reset everything ....
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    6rytr.png

Is it sad that I recognize this as Uhura dancing from Star Trek V?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • insomeatinsomeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter at its core is a good game but has several issues need fixed/addressed...and sooner you fanatics figure that out, and start *****ing, sooner that PWE is gonna get off there lazy *** and fix it.

And your source for the assumption that PWE are lazy asses and don't fix anything is? That's the problem with people, all these assumptions being thrown around and negative angry people (kids) just jumping on the hater bandwagon using the assumptions as facts spreading misinformation like an infesting disease.

I truly fear for humanity when people think so highly of themselves that they got out of their way on a personal crusade to ruin a certain game because it did not meet their unrealistic, biased and assumption ridden views of how perfect the game MUST be. These games are made by human beings and every single human being is prone to error, if you claim you have never made a huge mistake then you have never attempted anything great. I wish these sociopaths didn't lack the empathy to realize that the designers are not some emotionless robots created for the sole purpose of meeting their instant personal biased demands of how the game must be and to realize how obviously disillusioned they have to be to think they are the go to, know it all, guru of game development and company management (especially an MMO where there are so many variables and opinions)

If one was to approach this logically instead of with blind rage, surely you would realize it is in the best interest (even self interest) of these game developers to fix all the exploits as best as they can in order to keep people happy and playing (as well as spending) on their game.
    God forbid these people introduce a fully OPTIONAL cash shop in their FREE game to cover the millions spent on designing an MMO for years (usually the workload affecting their family and personal lives).
    Yes this was quite a big blunder but to call them all incompetents, lazy etc is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, 90% of the haters making these calls have no idea of how complicated these systems are, errors will always slip past. I wish I was a billionaire so I could give said people the funding and see the "perfect" bug free MMO they come up with, then send an army of detached from reality, raging, self entitled kids on them when they fail.

In conclusion to my wall of text I would like to state that just because I am a positive person and want people/things to succeed (instead of the failure which seems to feed so many of these forum trolls), I am not an idiot, if GIVEN ENOUGH TIME the rollback has not proven effective, the economy is in shambles and the bugs are not fixed, I will simply walk away. I reiterate though that I am not and idiot and will not instantly leave without seeing for myself the effectiveness of their solution first even though it seems so easy (and the forum trend) to let other people think and decide for me trusting in self opinionated so called "facts".

P.S Feel free to add my name to the list for now.

P.P.S "lokaidraxmartis" this reply was not aimed at you specifically, I just thought your post was a good example. BTW there is no point in getting pedantic about a certain word meaning taken out of context, it is the message and cause which counts, which in this case is to spread positivity and have hope in a sea of forum dwelling hate parades. To be clear, that is not the same as blindly following this game like it's the new testament, I'm pretty certain (thought just an assumption :P) that at least 90% of the people in this thread don't think this is "THE BEST GAME EVER AND HAS NO PROBLEMS", we do however enjoy it and most of us want it to succeed so new development and content is done for it.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Is it sad that I recognize this as Uhura dancing from Star Trek V?

It would be sad if you didn't.
  • pwiloginpwilogin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quit game isnt a option to me ! :)
  • mego9500mego9500 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't call myself a "fanboy", but I'm not quitting. Add me to the list
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I understand the good nature of this thread but it is the other edge of the double-edged sword that we call "I Quit Threads." One should not need to post that they are not quitting, their forum activity and in-game activity should be enough to see clearly over the fog of trolls the other threads bring. Unfortunately, I am closing this down to remain consistent in our ruling on "I Quit Threads."
This discussion has been closed.