test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I predicted this game would be dead in 6 months

Comments

• pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every MMO keeps it's die hard fans that administer life support.

Dead does not mean 0 players.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oblongship wrote: »
    Show me your proof that the 1 - 5% on the forums of all places are the ones keeping the game afloat...

Likewise give proof of your own assertions.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't tell if your trolling.... let's see:

1) Thread title clearly states the thread's content
    2) You entered the thread
    3) You made no meaningful additions to the thread's original topic and discussion point

Yup your trolling.

There is no discussion point of a troll to begin with. I made an observation, this thread is a troll and people taking is seriously are being taken in by the troll, heck the OPs account has a join date of "May 2013" and while I know characters from NWO can't be seen in the profile the OP seems like they are playing a different game more than this one if they are playing this one at all.

And yes, I know mine is also "may 2013" but then I'm not posting a thread to stir up the community with a BS claim about saying "I predicted the game would only last 6 months".
  • sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every MMO keeps it's die hard fans that administer life support.

Dead does not mean 0 players.

this is true. a corpse might also be lying on the street without a proper burial.

in MMO terms, the game will be reduced to a handful of players with practically zero customer support, scarce tiny updates and more and more cash shop forcethroating ( dead corpse)...and still the servers would be up while there's still a cow to milk (no burial)

pretty standard for all PWE games, actually. thats how they all end up past the 6-months mark
  • gerostalisgerostalis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether or not he can provide sources, common sense dictates that the point he is trying to make is correct.

Of course, if you lack common sense, you might disagree.

I would say in a game like this, the people spending money are the ones checking the forums. Sure there's a good chunk of people who log in, mess about for an hour and then log off. They may never log into the forums but the people dropping any real money in this game are on here, I promise you that. I mean do you really think people just drop 200 bucks on this game but can't put in the effort to hop on the forums? That my friend is a true lack of common sense.
  • oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Likewise give proof of your own assertions.

Oh no, I am not the one making idiotic claim that the 1 - 5% on the forums keeps an entire MMO afloat...

So go on...show us your proof...
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    No it wont it will bloom when new races and classes/paragon path opens up and newer content (end game fun) :)

Bloom? hahahahahahahaha.

PWE shot themselves in the foot with this one. How many days until the next big exploit? Two, maybe 3?

All of these exploits have been around since launch. The only factor is when PWE will hear about them because someone is dumb enough to stream them. I waited to see what they did with this situation.

No wipe = charge back. Already in progress.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    the game was dying from the first day

An assertion for which you have no proof (or even evidence) or else you'd have posted it in your OP.

I don't have to do damage control, especially since I don't work for PW, & even more so since you've not done any damage, & they're doing their own.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet Jesus, PW/Cryptic beat me to the punch by a good 5 months

well played sirs, well played
    37992127.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Game is dead on arrival given this latest fiasco

I bet Turbine is pretty happy with this though, DDO is still the only place to go for a D&D mmo

Haha yea I heard LOTRO had a surge of people coming back this last weekend. I probably would have been one but I'm already enthused with GW2 and TSW right now.
  • greydog69greydog69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    use the time to learn proper grammar.
    edited May 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    childish, played out 10 years ago image deleted.

It's call a PREDICTION... DERP. DERPY. DERPAGE.

Mommy!!!!!
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server wipe Solution =

Create one new server with no transfers allowed (realizing that transfers are not yet implemented). All the people who want a fresh start, go make new characters, enjoy!

As for the rest of us, who have spent REAL money, (and do not want to throw is away) on this game in the form of currency and Founders/Guardian packs, we continue on with our lives, and we dont lose our money.

Pelomixa
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    An assertion for which you have no proof (or even evidence) or else you'd have posted it in your OP.

look at every other single PWE game released in the last decade. you'll see the exact same cycle repeated. release, milk it HARD, lose playerbase in droves over the milking, keep the game on life support WHILE you come up with new strategies to milk it even harder, release another game, repeat.

this time they just added sheer incompetence to their morally broken antics, so as I said this time the deterioration is coming at the speed of light
    edited May 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    37992127.jpg

if you had read anything I posted (good lord, it was just 2 lines, how could you skip it?) you'd have realised I actually didnt. its impossible to tell the future when it comes to Cryptic/PWE, not even they know when, how and how hard they will screw up
    edited May 2013
    That says something about your standards :)

Yes.. they are quite high... actually not really... I've enjoyed many genre's of games that released tested, complete and done with proper capacity planning.
    edited May 2013
    So why are you here? :)

do you know that people who slows down and makes sure to take a good look at car crashes?
    yep. thats why
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, 'not really' is right.

Awwww you getting wangry because someone has a different opinion than you.

When this game, or any other game you fanboy for, lasts 7+ years then you can talk child.
    edited May 2013
    look at every other single PWE game

No thanks: I will, instead, look at the fact that you've got not one shred of evidence that THIS game is dying, & you know you don't, which is why this entire thread was nonsense from the start.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • rahlorahlo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ridiculous implementation of their cash suck shop killed me long before all these exploits polluted the game.

I guess I should have learned with CO and STO - Cryptic just can't implement and manage a good MMO.

Exactly. Cash shop is a fail as always with PW.
    edited May 2013
    It's called 'disaster tourism'.

^ this.

/10char
    edited May 2013
    It's called 'disaster tourism'.

I have heard "Rubber neckers" but I like your definition better =D

also its pleasantly more appropiate. NWO is not an accident, its a disaster
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah more doom crying, Iv'e heard it all before, who knows what the future will bring, but this same sky is falling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has been played out in nearly every MMO I played and you are not going to convince the haters their predictions didn't come true no matter how well the game is actually doing. because the game failed for them it's is a universal fail.

All I know is during this time period the servers are packed, and I am enjoying the game. That may change tomorrow, but we could all be dead tomorrow as well, speculations are a waste of time.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    No thanks: I will, instead, look at the fact that you've got not one shred of evidence that THIS game is dying, & you know you don't, which is why this entire thread was nonsense from the start.
    I will keep counting on this game heading the exact way of their other games, considering the past experience, records, and annecdotal observation pointing at the fact that, so far, the seem to be replicating the same steps of their cycle, plus the aggravating massive screw ups never seen before.

you can keep counting on this time being different because of...yep, absolutly nothing and against all evidence to the contrary

gee, I wonder who of us will get the last laugh....
    edited May 2013
    gee, I wonder who of us will get the last laugh....

Maybe you will. I couldn't care less, as I'm not as emotionally invested in this as you appear to be.

All I care about is that you made a claim, you can't back it up, & now you don't even have the decency or integrity to admit you're talking from your tailpipe.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The fact that message boards typically represent only 1 - 5% of the actual active player base.

I don't do a lot of posting here, and neither do many of my friends who play this game and bought founder packs. but we all have said one fact. If they do a wipe it will be the end of this game for us. and that also means I will be filing a suit or complaint to get my money back.

I am not willing to go through re-leveling toons all over again and spend a infinite amount of time in this game and the sheer amount time I have in my professions. What happens the next time an exploit occurs? Are we again going to wipe the servers to appease a small amount of people? No thank you, Its not going to happen. and Ill tell you this too. Once Oblivion online goes beta this game is dead! If they start wiping out peoples hard earned progress, this game will also be dead.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    It is fairly lively for being a dead game.

Don't listen to idiots, use report button and let's flush the toilette...
    edited May 2013
    There is one major difference: this game has received immense hype. If they screw up here as well, they will most likely suffer more serious consequences. There is some hope here.

it doesnt matter.as the old saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute", and with games its even more true. Every minute you have a new potential sucker getting into the MMO genre, someone who heard at school about so and so new game, a daddy who sees his kid playing and gets intrigued, or a console player that finally decides to get a PC and see what's the fuss with MMOs.

thats the people PWE feeds on. those with no previous experience of their antics. PWE have done the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in 6 titles so far, leaving behind a huge trail of dissapointed and fed up customers, and still they get audience for their new games to make it all again exactly the same

its a zero sum game. one in, one out. thats why it works so well for them. I mean, they already have an F rating on the BBB and still they'r making money off of the same target group they **** constantly.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it will be fine, the game wont die.

Seriously, if star trek online can survive two years with zero development updates or developers even speaking to the players, and come out swinging with a new expansion pack and massive influx of players, im sure that a dungeons and dragons affiliated title will do just fine.

Especialyl when its essentially a balder sgate mmo.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • stardiverstardiver Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    you can keep counting on this time being different because of...yep, absolutly nothing and against all evidence to the contrary

Last I checked, both Star Trek Online and Champions Online still exist.
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.