test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• xaiim7xaiim7 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    rayni250 wrote: »
    i just want to say that regardless of all of you "lets wipe everyone" idiots, i think this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is completely wrong, I have in no way exploited anything and to come back and be rolled back on my stupid trickster that i was just trying to get to 20 so i didnt have to run around anymore and then see i'm lvl 14 again.....when i did NO cheating....its lame. how is it that your solution is to punish a TON of people that did nothing? wish i hadn't even played yesterday at all, you guys really suck with your "solutions"

I like kids, they always cry :), when just go left and they go right :).
  • ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was way more than 7 hours. My girlfriend and I lost all progress we made yesterday. So it was more like 24+ hour rollback.
  • mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solsol1337 wrote: »
    If you all don't at the very least ban the people who took advantage of this particular exploit then you may as well just put out a PSA saying exploiting is perfectly fine.

They can ban the main accounts but they can't sift through the mountains of logs to find all the mule accounts that they laundered the money too. The exploiters have been doing this since day 1, they brought the bug from STO. It would cost them a fortune to and days of downtime to track all that down. They did the easiest thing they could do and roll back to before it ballooned in open chat. The economy is trashed but eventually it will level out and the complaints will stop. It will never be fixed but the masses will stop complaining.
  • anankesteelanankesteel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest are definitely rolled back from where I left them yesterday ?
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    found on reddit from one of the expoiters this is why a wipe is required read it and you will see it is all about real life money not just ingame it is fraud and nothing less i hope PWI can find this person and sue them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

Are you telling me you wouldn't do the same thing for 6 thousand dollars?

**** I cought on late and only abused it for a bit over 800 million AD. Looking for sites to sell my goodies off to now. And you know what? I am proud of what I did. It's a game that launched ful of bugs and exploits. I mean really, putting on my class epic set allowed me to instantly kill anything and everything! Yeah that is completley my fault there.

Grow a pair.

Hopefully they don't do the smart thing and wipe before I can get rid of my loot. My guildees would be really pissed off to lose all the epics I handed out.

Edit: Too late. I sold it for $973. I am also still playing. Doubt they can even track anything. Look at Envy, that dude has been caught abusing this bug and is still in game too. Cryptic/PWI are money grabbing cash *****s. Why shouldn't we be? After all, they gave us the tools.

UPDATE - READ THIS:

LOL. I received a 72 hour ban. The best part is that none of my mule accounts were caught. Rofl great job "looking into" things Cryptic! Four of my accounts with level 60 mules were not even touched, and I exploited quest sharing to no end, as well as transferred tons of gear to them! Quite a bit of purples and AD on all them still, and I am sure they didn't delete anything from my main either, just gave me a VERY SCARY 72 hour ban.

Honestly why not take advantage of Cryptic if they are so ****ing lax when it comes to dealing with people that cheat.

Hopefully after I sell everything from my mules, I can make a few hundred more bucks and get a nice gaming laptop. Probably not going to play NW anymore until more bugs come out, and seeing as how it's Cryptic - more bugs WILL come out.

It boggles my mind why they don't wipe to fix the economy. It is such an easy solution, and the game is still in Beta! Not that I mind, since it gives me time to auction my goods and sell off my AD. Just wondering why they didn't do this yet lol.

Update 2:

I already have that guy beat, and I am sure lots of others do as well because AD buying web sites are now paying rock bottom for AD.

Thanks to the AH exploit, I made enough AD to sell it off and bring my total cash earned to $7432. Now everything is disabled and the game is most likely ruined. It was nice while it lasted Cryptic. Hopefully this teaches you to not start charging real money while the game is still in Beta.

And btw, only my main GF exploiter is still stuck with a short ban. I'm out. Hope they have fun tracing my spoofed MAC and phony IP, as well as going through the VPN I hit.

This is also my last reddit post as max, since this IP is not "technically" mine, and I don't want to post from my real IP/account.
  • unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    should not be hard at all to find the mules ... low level accts with any high value items should be flagged, then checked against purchases, then suspended.
  • doctorfaustus006doctorfaustus006 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I notice so many people on this forum bad mouthing this game, but playing it anyway. Its a new game and thus has many flaws, but the combat system is remarkably better then DDO. Its got many other obvious strengths as well, which is why you play it. If you really want the dev team to make the game better, try constructive criticism that remains in the "supportive" ballpark, instead of negativity that borders on hostility at times.
  • ariakanaariakana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So they roll the system back, then what's gonna happen to the zen and those bars that dropped from opening the nightmare boxes? Are we gonna get a refund or what? if not, this is kinda like a scamming. took the money and then " lol, we are rolling this sh*t back, but we ain't gonna refund you jack sh*t. "
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen plenty of people who post pictures today with 100mil still in their possession, I hope you get them away before markets open.
  • scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where the public ban list?
  • rdhj7777rdhj7777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess i missed what the exploit was ? Can anyone tell me exactly what it was because my character was rolled back 10 levels and i'm not sure why ? I just Downloaded the game Friday so if I was exploiting anything i was Unaware. Or was everyone rolled back ?
  • nynjasquirrelnynjasquirrel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rdhj7777 wrote: »
    I guess i missed what the exploit was ? Can anyone tell me exactly what it was because my character was rolled back 10 levels and i'm not sure why ? I just Downloaded the game Friday so if I was exploiting anything i was Unaware. Or was everyone rolled back ?

Everyone was rolled back - due to AD exploits. Sadly this roll back doesn't take into account the literally dozens of exploits that have been used since the game went live, exploitable chests, bosses, Guardian Fighter stuff. The playerbase is now SO unbalanced, and the economy so completely screwed that I'm done with it. This game is supposed to be in beta - FIX the exploits then wipe and start fresh.
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rdhj7777 wrote: »

Astral Diamonds was created out of nowhere in the Auction House.
    Everyone's character was rolled back.

Please refer to this forum post for more info:
    FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?266921-FAQ-AD-AH-Exploit-Follow-Up
    (check the stickied posts in forums, in future)
  • lore9200lore9200 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have exactly one complaint. The exploiters have not been properly and permanently banned for violations of Terms of Service. The acts that they committed are so egregious that even the most inexperienced MMO company would permaban these folks for life. A 72 hour ban? How do you, Perfect World, JUSTIFY this?

The exploiters are bragging about only getting a 72 hour ban and none of their ill-gotten gains were confiscated by PWE. In the meantime, honest customers lost items they PAID for legitimately through Zen or Founders Packs, or simply through in game legal means. This is the epitome of having handled a situation so poorly that they have a 400 page response full of very angry, paying customers. All of the good will built up is thoroughly lost and a very solid open beta is a loss.

The money I had intended to spend for this game? Not a chance. All of this could have been solved with a gutsy decision to wipe the server before launch and an aggressive fix of all of the exploits prior to relaunch. Instead? A lazy solution made by a lazy company who are too busy patting their own backs at how clever they are to even make a rational attempt at real customer service (customer service by e-mail? really?). The money I had slated to spend on this game will go elsewhere I want nothing to do with this.

Go and calculate your real world losses for this, gentlemen.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are unbanned exploiters right now with 100 mil AD. What was the point of a 7 hour rollback exactly?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • o0sakao0saka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... I just started playing yesterday and everything I did just went poof. I'm now back on the ****ing beach wearing nothing.

Great gaming experience. Not sure if I want to bother doing all those stupid beginner quests again. **** you Cryptic.
  • jaggermerejaggermere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    That compensation gift box better be GOOD.
  • lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when it will be back up?
    :mad:
    sxEasVM.jpg
  • strike2wcestrike2wce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when it will be back up?

This is what I'm mainly curious about as well.

I legitimately bought a cat yesterday morning, got it to level 15 before the servers were abruptly shut down, and now I've got to start all over again.

I'm just waiting to transfer my Zen to AD to get started.
  • fr0z3n5unfr0z3n5un Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want my celestial coins back too. I couldn't log in all day yesterday, and that wasn't my fault.
  • balam01balam01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to get my level, celestial coin and armored nightmare back to me...
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should have noticed something was up when people paid the equivalent of $200 in zen/ad for a t3 weapons. People have been doing this since closed beta and it's the only reason the zen market is what it is
  • fivecmpersecondfivecmpersecond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh man,so lucky im just an up to 20-50k AD spenders at AH,all hail poor people :rolleyes:
    Huge fan of Aria,5 Centimeters Per Second,Bungaku Shoujo & Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrstinkyweaslemrstinkyweasle Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Celestial coins? Been saving up for days to find them wiped out when I couldn't log in because of the exploit! Please give them back?
  • mikemce101mikemce101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me too no posts or any information regarding when the Ah will go live!!!!
  • shad123shad123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GREAT WORK PWE! REALLY NICE JOB! U FOUND SOME1 WHO ILLEGITIMATELY OBTAINED ASTARL DIAMONDS! YEA!!!!
    and now i have rollback for almost all my work ALL f^%%# SUNDAY, loose all celestial points, thats great u found that i think better be if they will "change ecconomy" for a second or two... now i will think for next few days "i should play this game or not" and i think im not alone i this (check few thousands angry posts)
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember when the STO forum threads would blow up in Cryptic's face and approach 400 pages. ;)

...and history repeats itself. Partly Cryptic's fault, partly typical MMO forum ranting.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • krathosje23krathosje23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xD... i don't use any exploits and never i will use any of them... so no problems for me!
  • pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the AD and ZEN exchange will be avialable? Because is the only way for me to get some ZENs. :(
  • hayzehayze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So why did the Auction House Bug I submitted on 11 May 2013 get deleted from my tickets last night? And it say that I dont have access to it anymore from the support page? Did you not think that I have copies in my email that you auto send to everyone?? I think you need to expedite my refund quickly.