Install Arc
Options

Offcial Update: Only 7 hour roll-back

Comments

• Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icemixwins wrote: »
    So why don't they just track everyone who gained huge amounts of AD and just delete all of those accounts? Why the **** should I be punished for what other people did?

Because the AD was sent to alts. And used to buy things from people who did not exploit. And used to clean out the Zen Exchange. And used to buy loads of cash shop items. And those items were proliferated across the greater population.

This is so endemic that anything short of a total game wipe isn't going to fix a damned thing.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    mercsteffmercsteff Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe they can't be that specific in their tracking? but then again, they did say they found all those exploiters and took care of them...
  • Options
    mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So why don't they just track everyone who gained huge amounts of AD and just delete all of those accounts? Why the **** should I be punished for what other people did?

Because that kind of exploit is like a virus - it affected most of game accounts and whole economy, it was impossible to just "delete" accounts or exploited AD. Most of players already had "illegal" pixels. Why are you punished? Because developers and publishers are amateurs who cant fix an exploit that has been present since the first day of open beta :D Go send them flowers...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mohann wrote: »
    Because developers and publishers are amateurs who cant fix an exploit that has been present since the first day of open beta :D

I know I reported this during Closed Beta 2 and 3.

Edit: It also existed in Star Trek Online. For over 9 months.
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    I had a better solution than this that would've saved the economy... Wipe AD and reduce it to 0 to all players accounts... Many people will be harmed yes... but at least they wont lose 7 hours of progress that was hard work. Also AD can be easily obtained in this game imo as long as you have patience

Have you seen or read about Founder programs 2 M AD or 600k AD? With 24k AD cap to daily earnings aside of AH buying selling that was already damaged by earlier fiasco thanks to people farming higher tier gear, that most cant normally even beat. I mean the markets of this game are currently totally messed up and some of us have paid real money for all of this. Not to mention the fact this exploit existed since begin, its same bug that people have posted to existed even on Star Trek Online, the earlier game of Cryptic. How much more of mess can we currently be in, this cant be sorted with manual labor. And doing wide spread clears will hurt legit paying customers pockets.
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we get a special package for our trouble :D

:) I like packages. I do hope that I will still have the items that I had.
  • Options
    maiki1970maiki1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can live with the decision.. :)
  • Options
    icemixwinsicemixwins Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because that kind of exploit is like a virus - it affected most of game accounts and whole economy, it was impossible to just "delete" accounts or exploited AD. Most of players already had "illegal" pixels. Why are you punished? Because developers and publishers are amateurs who cant fix an exploit that has been present since the first day of open beta :D Go send them flowers...
    So rollback only AD/zen and items? Why do they have to rollback people who were just leveling that makes no ****ing sense.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is just stupid. I feel ripped off. I bought a guardian pack I bought some zen.

Then a whole bunch of people come and rip the system off and amass a fortune in gear,RL money and still have the AD to control the market well into the future.

What sort of tin can operation are you stupid stupid people running.

And to all you people that played beta and didn't point out the bugs and then exploited.

GF yourselves.

I want my fricken money back
  • Options
    xozalolxozalol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riesj74 wrote: »
    Well this will probably mean goodbye for me and my gf then.
    Been playing all day yesterday to get through the first agonizing parts again (since every start is the same) so i could be on the same server as my gf (since we cant swap servers with characters)... and now i lose all that.
    So i probably start at lvl 2 or so again instead of 12...
    No fawking way i am doing all the same **** again...

You may have exploited during the leveling up process! No.. seriously, you have to suffer for their incompetence thats all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So rollback only AD/zen and items? Why do they have to rollback people who were just leveling that makes no ****ing sense.

You say that like that's possible.
  • Options
    mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I told you why - because they are amateurs :) Do you really think they would sit for hours deleting AD/items from accounts? It's easier to make a 7 hr rollback which does not change anything, as the exploit was present since open beta launch but now they can say "Hey, exploit is fixed, nothing happened, come and leave us your money!".
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So why don't they just track everyone who gained huge amounts of AD and just delete all of those accounts?
    That is exactly what they said they are doing. Deleting specific accounts. Once these accounts are gone, the exploits are gone.

The seven hour rollback is to address damage done to the general economy. This widespread damage only began around this time. So the rollback will fix this too.
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Know what my stance on the 7 Hour roll back is? The same it would have been if it had a been a server wipe.

Mild annoyance.

Why? Because I am a gamer. I've played and replayed games more times than I could count. I've slogged through the same MMO content through at least 50+ characters of the now extincted MMO City of Heroes, and you don't even want to know how much money I threw at that game. Some of it was account wide, others not so much. Does losing all you've worked for suck? Yes. And if you find yourselves dissatisfied enough with the game to stop playing, then stop. Far as I know, there is not a PWE employee standing over your shoulder next to a Cryptic employee and both of them have a gun pointed at your head and are forcing you to play. So go ahead and quit. No one will blame you, and if they do, who cares?

As for myself? Eh, I'll just sigh, shake my head and get back into the game. It's not perfect, may never be perfect. But I enjoy it. And as long as I am careful with my money, (my real money that I put into this game,) and don't over stretch my wallet, then I will be fine. Lord knows I've blown my money on pointless things before and I am sure I'll do it again, too.
  • Options
    icemixwinsicemixwins Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    You say that like that's possible.

It has to be. It makes sense for those things to be on a separate controlled database. But its probably easier to just rollback everything and not spend the extra time to do it properly.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I told you why - because they are amateurs :) Do you really think they would sit for hours deleting AD/items from accounts? It's easier to make a 7 hr rollback which does not change anything, as the exploit was present since open beta launch but now they can say "Hey, exploit is fixed, nothing happened, come and leave us your money!".

Because AD can be spent on speeding up Leadership professions, hence levelling up extremely fast. Simply removing AD would be impossible, because it's already been spent. And they would then have to do a thorough search to make sure that they don't accidentally rewind people who accelerated Leadership profession legitimately.
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Amateurs... Seriously solving this problem with rollback? Amateurs indeed..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vonth wrote: »

Assuming that's the only thing they doing, which it isn't. The rollback is just what is affecting EVERYONE, that's why it's highlighted.
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Considering taking the time fixing the exploits of the game. This game will suffer more and more each day.

As i've been saying always, BETA means getting rid of the flaws ASAP. Not adding new mounts to the zen store. GET THIS RIGHT.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Considering taking the time fixing the exploits of the game. This game will suffer more and more each day.

As i've been saying always, BETA means getting rid of the flaws ASAP. Not adding new mounts to the zen store. GET THIS RIGHT.

Different teams, different people. Graphic designers needs work too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

What was really amateurish was ignoring bug reports since alpha AND the fact that this exact same bug - with exact same steps to reproduce - was in Star Trek Online for over nine ****ing months.

Only issuing a 7 hour rollback for an issue that's existed since OB soft-launch is also pretty amateurish, but that's the big one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    couatl13 wrote: »
    Lord knows I've blown my money on pointless things before and I am sure I'll do it again, too.

I feel pity for people like you. Not because you spend your rl money on MMO games, I also do it. But because you spend your money on half-finished product full of bugs, produced and published by amateurs and although you know about it you still support amateurs and their trash goods. That is exactly why MMO games are bugged and there are exploits. Why fixing them, why paying attention to what developers do, why trying to create a product with high quality if there are always people willing to spend their money even on the worst <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    superjuicehsuperjuiceh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still thinking of quitting. I'll see the damage as the server comes online. 7 hours would mean I lost about 5 hours of gameplay, in which I grinded myself from lvl 32 to 36. If this is really true, I'll play a server that's stable with a professional staff. It's really horrible to have a team that doesn't think of what can go wrong and only cares when their precious AH is bugged. Rolbacks are what I can expect on private servers NOT on official servers.
    Why? They dont have to reset everything. They could've exported the current characters with appropriate data (level, skills...) to the old backup. But yeah... I guess that's too much trouble just for an open beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rolbacks are what I can expect on private servers NOT on official servers.

This your first MMO, or?
  • Options
    sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least this one is more positive than some. I've read a lot of others who prefer to bleed out their vaginas publicly than keep their traps shut and hope for the best.

It's a problem. They caught onto it when it went viral.

This is exactly what happens when CDC finds new (and dangerous) viruses. Even with the amount of people they have, a lot of viruses don't get noticed until at least 10 or 20 cases show up in a very populated city. They try to quarantine it and then start looking for where it came from to get more clues on how to combat it.

This is what Cryptic is doing. They've quarantined the event first by taking the AH offline and letting people play. THEN they decided that wasn't enough and closed down all shards. Now they are looking at how to fix the problem. They are also offering a small consolation to the folks who had been playing during those 7 hours (I'm one of them).
  • Options
    lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go check out here new TV seriers come soon names and list of very cool TV seriers come soon:)

The 100 – Midseason

The Tomorrow People

Star-Crossed

The Originals

The Blacklist

Ironside

Sleepy Hollow

Gang Related

Hostages

Intelligence

We Are Men

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw
  • Options
    sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Professional staff? Even WoW has experienced something like this. Honor farming, boss exploits, and even gold ripping have been recorded in WoW, which is as professional a group as you can get.

If you are *****ing that this company isn't professional enough, then your standards are too high. You want professional behaviour gone wrong? Talk to the people who invested in EnRon, or look at the histories of the many Ponzi schemes. THOSE people have a reason to gripe and complain.
  • Options
    dampenguinsdampenguins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play to games to have fun **** happens it's pixels people. I'm not going any where!
  • Options
    storeposerstoreposer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that box better be INSANLY good because i kinda lost the desire to keep playing the beta
  • Options
    hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

ROFL this post made me cry out of laughter!!!!!