What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Offcial Update: Only 7 hour roll-back

Comments

• mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought of another zinger ..

The server economy is in "open beta" too <wink, wink>

I'm going to start using the term open beta for everything I do..
    That way i can still expect to be paid like I am offering a finished product with zero responsibility for said product!
    I will be a success!
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So wait... Just a mere 7 hour rollback? Yet the AD exploiters only lose 7 hours their exploiting when this was happening from the beginning...

Okay we need a reality check. Also we may need a scientist to explain mathematics since they might not be unable to do math compared to the damage from 7 hours and a couple of weeks!
  • lockhartjllockhartjl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it wipe what I did on the foundry?
  • baddoxbaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just don't realize that the exploit DID NOT START 7 hours prior. LOL
  • wolfmanjackkwolfmanjackk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it interesting that they say the issue was just found when i have seen lots of posts stating the fact that these issues have been around sense closed beta. I don't know if that is fact or fiction. But i have seen too many posts stating it to simply write it off as fiction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    ^^ This video sums up the majority of what i have read on these forums.
    San check roll = -12
  • mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    This is really the only reasonable thing they could have done. I know a lot people prefer a wipe but you can only wipe betas, you can't wipe a release with an excuse, it was never an option.

The only downside is that some of the longtime abusers of this will benefit. Probably not a significant impact on the economy so meh.

well played sir/madam! I see what you did there...
    /agree 100%
  • pdills1212pdills1212 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fervent wrote: »
    Anyone not happy with the outcome and the bans can GTFO. I would have been fine with this or wipes honestly, but I will say this, if you still want to complain, your issues are much deeper than this problem so go look elsewhere!

you do realize the exploit started long before 7 hours. stop being a blind sheep.
  • kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baddox wrote: »
    They just don't realize that the exploit DID NOT START 7 hours prior. LOL

If they "don't realize", then they were patently ignoring the bug reports and contributions of closed beta and alpha testers, because I know I personally put in two separate bug reports about it.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have some inside info regarding what the "package" is. here we go fellow earthlings..

the mighty package contains:
    10x potions of greater healing,
    2x preservation wards,
    5x identification scrolls
    1x random rank 2 enchant

enjoy!!

That is from alienware not neverwinter
  • dryfter1dryfter1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon server is still down, been down for a while now. Have you decided not to turn it on again?
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So any guesses what the next exploit will be? I guess something damage related myself. I have seen some crazy numbers beside the GF thing so someone somewhere will figure out how to repeat those. Duping would be a classic though... so hard to choose!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost the progression for the whole day... All craft xp and probably something more. :(
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    So wait... Just a mere 7 hour rollback? Yet the AD exploiters only lose 7 hours their exploiting when this was happening from the beginning...

Okay we need a reality check. Also we may need a scientist to explain mathematics since they might not be unable to do math compared to the damage from 7 hours and a couple of weeks!

unfortunately many here are fine with this which is kinda sad.
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    So any guesses what the next exploit will be? I guess something damage related myself. I have seen some crazy numbers beside the GF thing so someone somewhere will figure out how to repeat those. Duping would be a classic though... so hard to choose!

Yes the next exploit is our wallets... Oh wait that's been going since forever...
    ^ No sarcasm nor offense intended
    pdills1212 wrote: »
    unfortunately many here are fine with this which is kinda sad.

Well that IS sad... now the economy will be permanently damaged... New players that = $ also will turn away with the AH will be overpriced with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... Guess the only thing worth it in the game to spend AD on is the Zen for CS benefits and NPC requires AD... AH can't be saved... rest in peace
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    That is from alienware not neverwinter

no, i'm from alienware
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight, exploit has been going on since beginning. Been threads from peeps that admitted to doing this a few weeks ago and only 7 hours of roll back.... What does this solve, nothing..

wow way to go!!
    After analyzing the actual data, they concluded the exploit lacked significant impact until about 7 hours. Thats probably when the exploit went viral and enough players started using it to impact the game. Before then the impact seems to be negligible once the offenders are removed from the game.
  • lockhartjllockhartjl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys!!! Does it wipe what i've done on the foundry?
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    no, i'm from alienware

I do not believe you sir, as why would they only give this to 9k people... not everyone...
  • frithrafrithra Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only a new player that joined up yesterday, but even so I wanted to say something regarding this.

For a "very small group" of players to have taken advantage of said exploit, they certainly seem to have done a pretty sizable amount of damage. I noticed throughout the day all kinds of rumors, whispers, complaining, whining, etc. But really despite all the rage and the hate some people decided to spew off senselessly, I have to give to the Dev team props for handling things as best they could. Unlike some people who seem to think they're entitled to everything just for playing this game, I understand that it's a Beta and is going to have points where stuff breaks. That's the point of it being in a Beta stage. But today it seems people have forgotten the spirit of Beta testing and tried to bend the game to serve their own purposes by taking advantage of these exploits. It is distasteful, but it's also refreshing to see the staff dealing with those people appropriately.

The fact that the community is also getting a thank-you gift also shows that the staff cares about it's players and testers. Perhaps some of the people that complained before will take this under consideration and try to be more patient and reasonable in the future. People didn't get to play for several hours today but that didn't mean it was the end of the world. The 7-hour rollback is also sure to cause some complaining from some who don't properly understand the necessity of it. I'm probably going to lose some levels myself over it. But you know what? That's nothing compared to if they had done a full wipe of everything. So be thankful you only have to recover from a 7-hour loss rather than everything you ever had.

Betas are rough sometimes, but in the end the games come out stronger when they overcome these kinds of obstacles. If you can't support the staff for handling these challenges, then you shouldn't be playing this game. That's all I have to say about that.
    Brought to you by People Tired of a Butchered Language. All rights reserved.
  • tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    These guys are so out of touch with what's going on in their own game.

This exploit was happening when the GF exploit was at it's peek in terms of popularity. People were streaming the ****ing exploit on Twitchtv along with other streamers streaming how to exploit the isht out of epic dungeons. Think a couple even got banned for it. The point is 7 hours isn't going to do anything other than roll back to just before the exploiters decided to take it a step further and mass purchase zen, so nobody else could. They basically just trolled the hell out of cryptic on alt accounts. Those accounts will get banned, but that wont address a single issue with the fact it's been going on for a while now.

This is why I don't pay money for games like this. It is just a complete joke and a matter of time until nothing has any real value due to content being non existed because people just zerg to end content through exploits, while they just let it happen. I would be doing a charge back instantly if I paid to support this game.
  • baddoxbaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so say this IS an "OPEN BETA"

You punish the testers of your game for finding exploits? Even though that is the reason it is in BETA. No...That would mean the game is LIVE.

The only difference between now and when you call it live, is more data/content.

And it impacted the economy most 7 hours prior because well, streamers were streaming it.
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know for a fact I saw a negative priced auction on the ingame AH on Saturday morning. I remember thinking wow how in the heck did that happen.
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I do not believe you sir, as why would they only give this to 9k people... not everyone...

well, such is life baby girl
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight, exploit has been going on since beginning. Been threads from peeps that admitted to doing this a few weeks ago and only 7 hours of roll back.... What does this solve, nothing..

wow way to go!!

lol its pathetic i know. i have to sell every single item i have to even be able to afford potions. if anyone thinks my character sucks, or i suck as a player, take a look at the skill tree and notice you have to decide between 1 or 2 talents at a time.
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    saythin wrote: »
    you get a free lockbox but no key!!! wooottt
    Heh, I sell those Lockboxes to vendors for 8 copper coins. That price seems about right.
  • ambosirisambosiris Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, i started playing yesterday played till 4 am in the morning too finish up the ****ing orcs awfull quests woke up this morning happy, lvl 15 all done with this anoying quest lines. so i buy for 30 bucks of zen points. (im like alright this game looks bad *** lets put some money in there to support those guys and grab some keys for gold and open 2 boxes) then i put my hand on this cat companion for 50 gold im like dam thats awesome i got a pet....

so at the end i got to start all over again .

thankyou :D ill grab all those nightmafe keys, get 15 boxes and open them all, if i dont get **** to motivate me to keep playin ill see you guys over elder scroll
  • nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

You punish the testers of your game for finding exploits? Even though that is the reason it is in BETA. No...That would mean the game is LIVE.

The only difference between now and when you call it live, is more data/content.

And it impacted the economy most 7 hours prior because well, streamers were streaming it.
    its not an open beta in that sense without a reset; alphas progress to betas progress to finished product. If there's no whipe, then the beta is the final product.
    edited May 2013

Soft opening is a more apt term to use. things are set and problems are purely reactionary for their benefit. actual game changes and balances wont be for a while.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    its not an open beta in that sense without a reset; alphas progress to betas progress to finished product. If there's no whipe, then the beta is the final product.

There are ways to "wipe" without actually wiping. Examples include rollbacks, selective rollbacks, or just a plain new server/shard.
    edited May 2013
    Got 3 alts total using AH diamond exploit. 1 alt banned. And have not been online for passed 10 hours.

I know there's a joke here somewhere.....