test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Offcial Update: Only 7 hour roll-back

shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Posted sticky from 11:09PST on top of forum....

Rather than let the malicious efforts of a few unsavory players linger and continually impact the games economy and balance as we progress through these later stages of Open Beta, we have made the extremely difficult decision to rollback Neverwinter to a time shortly before the abuse and exploitation began.

This means that roughly seven hours of progress made between 5:20 AM and 12:20 PM Pacific Time will be lost to all players. For that, we do sincerely apologize.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?266901-5-19-13-Server-Status-Update-and-Important-Announcements
11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
Post edited by shadedkin on

Comments

• Options
    dagnaru5dagnaru5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    yeap 7 hours is fine by me... cool cool cool
  • Options
    getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    dont worry guys, it only took an entire day to decide on a 7 hour rollback. Rejoice!
  • Options
    deemorgan01deemorgan01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we get a special package for our trouble :D
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's funny. I just started playing this morning. They basically deleted me. heh.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    lol 7 hour i was not online for 7 hour so i don't lose nothing
  • Options
    suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours not enough. That thing has been happening for a lot longer.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    dont worry guys, it only took an entire day to decide on a 7 hour rollback. Rejoice!

They had to identify the issue as well.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You get a free lockbox! Yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    awesome, I got my free tainted cat 10 hours ago :) I still get to keep it yahoooo!
  • Options
    m0ltres23m0ltres23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suparstarx wrote: »

Did it makes you stop playing the game?
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and the servers aint up yet either
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight, exploit has been going on since beginning. Been threads from peeps that admitted to doing this a few weeks ago and only 7 hours of roll back.... What does this solve, nothing..

wow way to go!!
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading now how this same exploit was even available to their previous game (Star Trek Online, 7h rollback sounds like joke. People have abused this issue since begin, but now they are just offering those players free pass for ruining the economy. Those negative AH figures been shown since forever, but many thought, me included it was just some bugged visuals or timers. 7h is **** slap to face, if people been talking for days about fluctating Zen & AD prices.
  • Options
    xahfarxahfar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said in an earlier post, this issue didn't effect my friends and I outside of downtime today and now the rollback which I just happened to play a good portion of that time this morning and gain a few levels. If losing this mornings progress is for the better of the overall economy then I am all for it and will suck up the loss.

I will pay attention to how the economy balances out over the next few months and if this seems to still be an issue then I will definitely take into consideration their integrity in correcting this issue in an ethical manner when it comes to continuing dedicating my time.

As of now I am still happy with the game and just want the darned servers back up!
  • Options
    kirbz1kirbz1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh the exploit was way longer than 7 hours, it's like 4 to 5 days ago they need to take action against those exploiters. A rollback is good but they need to perma banned those exploiters. They said they're gonna take actions so we're gonna see
  • Options
    mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny .. open beta <wink, wink>

well I guess they decided to roll back one day of this exploit.. all the rest get to keep their laundered AD ..
  • Options
    saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you get a free lockbox but no key!!! wooottt
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would assume that other than the 7 hours flat server rollbacks, some select people will also get selective rollbacks/bans/etc. The 7 hours is probably just something that affects everyone, and not their only steps taken to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    deemorgan01deemorgan01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums are getting buggy again :9 (
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suparstarx wrote: »

It's been happening since day 1 of open beta, so short of a full game wipe which PWE seems super adamant against for some baffling reason, the damage won't ever be undone.

Oh well, who gives a **** about a working in-game economy, it just pushes people further into buying Zen, which is PWE's modus operandi anyways.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Missing banning every exploiter who .. exploited it + fixing it so this can not be done again, which I am sure is no quick and easy task
  • Options
    fuzzybottoms1fuzzybottoms1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a 7 hour rollback? first of all, this issue has been around since open beta went live, second of all, this doesnt resolve the damage done by GF exploit. third of all, u guys wasted an entire day for such a garbage resolution? seriously? There better have been thousands of perma bans to exploiters and all their mules.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is really the only reasonable thing they could have done. I know a lot people prefer a wipe but you can only wipe betas, you can't wipe a release with an excuse, it was never an option.

The only downside is that some of the longtime abusers of this will benefit. Probably not a significant impact on the economy so meh.
  • Options
    baddoxbaddox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This games economy was ruined a long time ago, and not necessarily when THIS exploit happened.

What about the Pirate Boss farm that flooded the AH with items, so forth and so forth. I can continue to go on with exploits that you still seem to not be aware of that have been going on for the last month. So you plan to fix what? What economy? If you paid any attention to the it, you would know.

And what is with this Beta nonsense. You are making money off the game......it is no longer a beta, but a live, unfinished game. Bans or anything of the sort is just punishing others for your own mistakes.

Pay more attention to your community and you would have less issues.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I have some inside info regarding what the "package" is. here we go fellow earthlings..

the mighty package contains:
    10x potions of greater healing,
    2x preservation wards,
    5x identification scrolls
    1x random rank 2 enchant

enjoy!!
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    pdills1212pdills1212 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours gets the average joes who found out about the exploit. I know a few people who did this and they have yet to get a ban email.

On a side note is mail being rollbacked as well? some of my auction were bought and I collected during the time frame.
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    This is really the only reasonable thing they could have done. I know a lot people prefer a wipe but you can only wipe betas

Ah, but isn't the constant refrain from PWE and its sycophants that this is an Open Beta? Clearly there's no excuse, then!
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    ferventfervent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Anyone not happy with the outcome and the bans can GTFO. I would have been fine with this or wipes honestly, but I will say this, if you still want to complain, your issues are much deeper than this problem so go look elsewhere!
  • Options
    lockhartjllockhartjl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does that include foundry progress?
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who believes a rollback of 7 hours is actually going to reverse a sizable amount of damage by exploits in general on this game, well, I have some quarters I'd like to sell you for a dollar each. It's probably going to be that you'll have to just play and be happy or quit because you can't live with it.