test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Offcial Update: Only 7 hour roll-back

Comments

• keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You all are some whiny pains in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Just run your mouths s'more, pretending you have any idea what is going on with the game behind the scenes. You don't have all the information. In fact, you don't know anything past what others tell you. Unless you're looking at the logs, you know nothing.

But those who know the least speak the most...
  • kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keeganfox wrote: »
    You all are some whiny pains in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yes, god forbid people be emotionally invested in something that they enjoyed and would rather not see ruined by half-hearted and ineffective actions from PWE.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention a this point no one knows if they've been rolled back further than 7 hours, 7 hours is only the definite amount for everyone. Hold your horses until the servers are back up.
  • srswtffailsrswtffail Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RIP Neverwinter
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    All these folk complaining about this rollback and how much it will cost them are smoking something illegal.

Come back here in 12 months time and compare how far you have progressed in the game, and how much coin you have collected. Yes, whiners suck and need a slap upside the head.
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would this video ease everyone's tension? Found it in these forums and... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    How long has this game been running, and you want to talk about a long term investment. Go away.
  • voklesh010voklesh010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »
    After analyzing the actual data, they concluded the exploit lacked significant impact until about 7 hours. Thats probably when the exploit went viral and enough players started using it to impact the game. Before then the impact seems to be negligible once the offenders are removed from the game.

Thx god some1 that use the brain !!! A total wipe is totally useless if a small number of people take advantage of a exploit !!! U do more damage that the cheaters and there are always ppl that use small or big bugs to have advantage so what u do ? reset the game every month ?
    THX perfect world nice solution !!!
  • wolfmanjackkwolfmanjackk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    Would this video ease everyone's tension? Found it in these forums and... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

this is a better video that sums up what is going on in the community.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    ^^ This video sums up the majority of what i have read on these forums.
    San check roll = -12
    edited May 2013
    voklesh010 wrote: »
    Thx god some1 that use the brain !!! A total wipe is totally useless if a small number of people take advantage of a exploit !!! U do more damage that the cheaters and there are always ppl that use small or big bugs to have advantage so what u do ? reset the game every month ?

Yeah, it's impossible that people would've been doing this quietly over several accounts or anything. Totally impossible.

FYI, your English is atrocious.
  • eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why people keep saying that it's BETA...

I love this game but there is something I really hate, this beta is really strange..
    A game in BETA state should no allow you to spend real money on any features as they can be changed due to the BETA status.
    Based on this statement, why do people spend money ?
    Even if PW decides to allow you to spend money, customer should also use their brain.

Another thing is : when this so called open beta is suppose to finished ?
    They can stay like that for months as people already spending money and in case of problems they can still claim that it's beta.

As I say, something is really not right...
    edited May 2013
    voklesh010 wrote: »

I had a better solution than this that would've saved the economy... Wipe AD and reduce it to 0 to all players accounts... Many people will be harmed yes... but at least they wont lose 7 hours of progress that was hard work. Also AD can be easily obtained in this game imo as long as you have patience
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    That's funny. I just started playing this morning. They basically deleted me. heh.

lol me too
  • pdills1212pdills1212 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eagles9595 wrote: »

I love this game but there is something I really hate, this beta is really strange..
    A game in BETA state should no allow you to spend real money on any features as they can be changed due to the BETA status.
    Even if PW decides to allow you to spend money, customer should also use their brain.

They can stay like that for months as people already spending money and in case of problems they can still claim that it's beta.

see my previous post
    pdills1212 wrote: »
    Soft opening is a more apt term to use. things are set and problems are purely reactionary for their benefit. actual game changes and balances wont be for a while.
    edited May 2013
    this is a better video that sums up what is going on in the community.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I give you... a HIGHFIVE!!!!
    edited May 2013

Because Perfect World keeps saying that it is an Open Beta.

If this sounds duplicitous and borderline scummy to you, congratulations, you're right!
  • cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow this company is a joke... Guess its time to move on and find a game with some integrity atleast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damatsudamatsu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we get a special package for our trouble :D

a package that will include some totally worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. this exploit was goin on for days before yesterday as i saw numerous AH listings w/ negative astral diamond bids on them the past week. The majority of players are gettin punished for a handful of exploiters. Its like terrorism. A days worth of PVP down the drain. And how about a fix to engame purple gear how about a bind on pick-up and some **** real need/greed mechanics for dungeons instead of this stupid bull**** loot on everything to sell of the AH system we got now.
  • wolfmanjackkwolfmanjackk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

welcome to the wonderful world of PC Game development.. Where you the customer gets to pay to bug test the game :) You should feel honored that you can find the bugs for PC game developers !! Also at the same time you can pay them for doing it!! YAY!!

^^ Is one thing that has had me shaking my head for more then a few years. I do not blame companies for using this model though. We the user/customer base have repeatedly allowed PC gaming makers to get away with this for many years.

Why should they spend millions paying testers to find bugs when they know that people will do it free just for the chance to get to the game a few months early? And at the same time they get paid by those same users to do so.

Developing and putting out a PC game isn't cheep, it has some pretty high fixed costs.. Add the headaches of making a MMO. And it just snowballs.
    ^^ This video sums up the majority of what i have read on these forums.
    San check roll = -12
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    baddox wrote: »
    Got 3 alts total using AH diamond exploit. 1 alt banned. And have not been online for passed 10 hours.

I know there's a joke here somewhere.....
    Read the official posts. The post-scripts in the sticky post. ...

The bans will come later. After they fix the bug. You will be notified by email.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should have do a Roll Back for an Entire Day for where it happen, this make it absolutely sure some don't get away with the exploited still in effect. Also, Permanently BANNED every person who did this exploits, not a temp 72 Hours Banned. I rather have some progress lost to put my mind at eased. Also this cheaters need to be taking care of ASAP.
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :/ oh well. I lose a friend I made on my list and some guild changes stuff. And character progression of about 10 hours.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baddox wrote: »
    Got 3 alts total using AH diamond exploit. 1 alt banned. And have not been online for passed 10 hours.

I know there's a joke here somewhere.....

I wish they Banned all your account and deleted all your Character, **** cheater!
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    damatsu wrote: »
    a package that will include some totally worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. this exploit was goin on for days before yesterday as i saw numerous AH listings w/ negative astral diamond bids on them the past week. The majority of players are gettin punished for a handful of exploiters. Its like terrorism. A days worth of PVP down the drain. And how about a fix to engame purple gear how about a bind on pick-up and some **** real need/greed mechanics for dungeons instead of this stupid bull**** loot on everything to sell of the AH system we got now.

They probably saw in their data that the exploit didn't have a large economic effect prior to the 7 hour rollback window. There really is nothing more they could have done. You can't wipe a game that is a beta test only in name. It would have to be an actual beta for that. Saving as much progress as possible while fixing the vast majority of economic damage seems like a very reasonable solution to me.

Sure, some exploiters made a killing with this but does it really matter?
  • gundzorgundzor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Midnight's come and gone and still no server's are coming up
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Because Perfect World keeps saying that it is an Open Beta.

If this sounds duplicitous and borderline scummy to you, congratulations, you're right!

I call it open beta cause they've yet to implement all of the things that should at bare minimum be implemented. Like a properly working AH (that includes search). Call me objective based.

Separately, just because something is open beta doesn't mean they get special allowances. Like how long they're taking to get that search working. I figure they have a list of things they are testing, I want to know what those things are, and at what point it's considered "tested and ready for release". There has to be objectives, one which is feasible and within reason.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cera001 wrote: »
    wow this company is a joke... Guess its time to move on and find a game with some integrity atleast

integrity and a sense of business practice....that might also be nice
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight, exploit has been going on since beginning. Been threads from peeps that admitted to doing this a few weeks ago and only 7 hours of roll back.... What does this solve, nothing..

wow way to go!!

B][B][COLOR="#ADD8E6"]quoted for truth[/COLOR][/B][/B
  • leyhyleyhy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    That's funny. I just started playing this morning. They basically deleted me. heh.

you made me laugh. :D
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    They probably saw in their data that the exploit didn't have a large economic effect prior to the 7 hour rollback window.

Yeah, and if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
    There really is nothing more they could have done. You can't wipe a game that is a beta test only in name. It would have to be an actual beta for that.

Are you inferring that Perfect World are duplicitous liars?!?!?!
    Sure, some exploiters made a killing with this but does it really matter?

Sure, the economy is ****ed beyond all reason, but does it really matter?