Options

Offcial Update: Only 7 hour roll-back

Comments

• Options
    wolfmanjackkwolfmanjackk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    integrity and a sense of business practice....that might also be nice

Do not . I repeat do not hold your breath.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    ^^ This video sums up the majority of what i have read on these forums.
    San check roll = -12
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    eagles9595 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people keep saying that it's BETA...

I love this game but there is something I really hate, this beta is really strange..
    A game in BETA state should no allow you to spend real money on any features as they can be changed due to the BETA status.
    Based on this statement, why do people spend money ?
    Even if PW decides to allow you to spend money, customer should also use their brain.

Another thing is : when this so called open beta is suppose to finished ?
    They can stay like that for months as people already spending money and in case of problems they can still claim that it's beta.

As I say, something is really not right...

Neverwinter (and a number of other free-to-play games) is doing something that's called "soft launch"; it's not exactly an "open beta test", as beta testing implies certain things (such as it not being the final version of the product, and that they're still in the process of actively testing and tweaking things). What "soft launch" is is when a company releases its product out into the public, and treats it as though it's live (no major rollbacks or wipes, open cash shop, etc). In essence, what they're going for is the old axiom of "having their cake and eating it too" -- they get to claim the game is "still in beta" to forgive all the problems, bugs, and incomplete content, while at the same time opening the cash shop up to get people to spend money as though the game were in its released, live state.

It's a win-win for them.

Unfortunately for Cryptic, they "promised not to wipe characters", which has put them into a position where they have to scramble and find alternate solutions. And as more exploits come to light, and things get further out of whack, they're going to have struggle even harder to keep that promise. And as forum-goers know, breaking a "promise" to gamers is something that they will hound the devs about for YEARS.
  • Options
    dryfter1dryfter1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To find an exploit and to point it out is one thing. It's something very different to bank on it and then tell everyone in the world about it so that they too can abuse the exploit.

This game is suppose to be for entertainment. People will spend money on a game if they think it's being moderated so that cheaters will be punished. It's hard to ban Free to Play accounts because they will just turn around and start another 3 in it's place.

We as a people need to be moral about it and not cheat when the opportunity presents itself. Until that happens all games will be broken unless they are very heavy handed in their punishments.

On a side note. Different countries have different law or more to the point "Lack of Laws" to prevent or discourage this banditry. Easy solution here: Make servers location based so that the cheaters only cheat their neighbors and not inflict their bad moral standards on the rest of the world.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I knew this company was a pure joke after they called the exploiters "Nashers", really? That was funny and all but really after the majority of players were calling for a server wipe? That's your solution?

Whats in your special package? I can't wait to see that garbage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cera001 wrote: »
    I knew this company was a pure joke after they called the exploiters "Nashers", really?

I dunno, that was at least marginally clever/amusing.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's safe to assume that the rollback and special package is NOT the only thing they're doing. Focusing on these two won't do anything. The question is what else they're doing: it's obvious they will be banning some people of course. It's likewise plausible that some people will get selective extended rollbacks/wipes.
  • Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this will probably mean goodbye for me and my gf then.
    Been playing all day yesterday to get through the first agonizing parts again (since every start is the same) so i could be on the same server as my gf (since we cant swap servers with characters)... and now i lose all that.
    So i probably start at lvl 2 or so again instead of 12...
    No fawking way i am doing all the same **** again...

Way to go punishing everyone for the actions of a few.
    I hope the person that forgot to put a 0 instead of a 1 in the code gets bumped down to janitor or something.
  • Options
    iszi1iszi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frustrated to say the least...
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Yeah, and if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Are you inferring that Perfect World are duplicitous liars?!?!?!

Sure, the economy is ****ed beyond all reason, but does it really matter?

I firmly believe that is what they saw, I have no idea if what they saw matches reality obviously. Now the economy could be broken, who knows, I don't have the data in front of me and neither do you. We are best off not speculating. But if their data is correct, and they interpreted it properly, then this is a solid solution. I know, a lot of if's, it would surprise me too if this worked out perfectly.

Can't call them liars on the beta thing because there is no real definition for an open beta. The way they use it is like an advert really, it only works on the fools, but oh boy does it work on them.
  • Options
    wolfmanjackkwolfmanjackk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dryfter1 wrote: »
    We as a people need to be moral about it and not cheat when the opportunity presents itself.

Nice pipe dream mate.. Wish i had some of what your smoking. People are people.. That should explain everything right there.. That statement alone explains it.. (People are people) Not a single one of us are completely "Moral" by anyone's standards. Every last one of us (me included) are raving lunatics. If you keep this in mind in your dealings with other people you will never be surprised again in your life.

Cheers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    ^^ This video sums up the majority of what i have read on these forums.
    San check roll = -12
  • Options
    cibicibi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We want permanent bans for exploiters. There should be messege that crime doesnt pay. Its not enough to partialy take away their undeserved profit. Not only some would get away with some profit (those who started first and probably gained most), but they would be encouraged to exploit again when they see chance. There must be a clear messege that by exploiting you risk your whole account, and that threat must be realistic to discourage this behavior.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A 7hours rollback must be something scary for someone who's been sploited launch. Good job Cryptic, now the economy is fixed!
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    integrity and a sense of business practice....that might also be nice
    I find that most things these days don't have that, they just have legal protection..but that is a incredibly cynical view of the world. Most people seem to have the view of business practice as "Here take this and give me all your monies" so..naturally integrity dosen't go with that. :\. It is a nice thought however.
  • Options
    gundzorgundzor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only a 7 hour rollback, but we've lost about 18-19 hours of playtime.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gundzor wrote: »
    Only a 7 hour rollback, but we've lost about 18-19 hours of playtime.

your math does not add up....
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dryfter1 wrote: »
    Make servers location based so that the cheaters only cheat their neighbors and not inflict their bad moral standards on the rest of the world.
    People are people. Just cheating your neighbors...I hope you live in utopia or that would probably include you. Cheating is not a new practice, morality is a nice dream, :(
  • Options
    mercsteffmercsteff Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, this is a beta after all. Donno why this is so dramatic. All characters will get wiped pretty soon, before official release, so I don't really understand why people are soooo unhappy. Again, this is only because it is a beta and you should be aware stuff's getting wiped anyway.

If it was the full release, then rollback wouldn't be very popular. I'd imagine only one scenario where some poor bloke who was raiding, finally won that piece of armor or weapon he was waiting for for ages, and then rollback... not a pretty sight.
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't aware of an astral diamond problem/cheat, this 7 hours rollback just feel to me like I'm punished for no reason... :(

EDIT : It was announced that there will be no wipe mercsteff.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riesj74 wrote: »
    Well this will probably mean goodbye for me and my gf then.
    Been playing all day yesterday to get through the first agonizing parts again (since every start is the same) so i could be on the same server as my gf (since we cant swap servers with characters)... and now i lose all that.
    So i probably start at lvl 2 or so again instead of 12...
    No fawking way i am doing all the same **** again...

Way to go punishing everyone for the actions of a few.
    I hope the person that forgot to put a 0 instead of a 1 in the code gets bumped down to janitor or something.

I'm sure we will missed you and your gf, and oh no what will perfect world do now that you and your gf have quit this game? I don't know if you are serious or not, but quitting over a 7 hours roll back? I wish they did even a bigger roll back, it is needed to be done. 7 Hours is not much but at least some who know the exploits get taking care of.

All you people who want to quit, just leave already. I'm sure no one care. BTW can I have you and your gf stuff?
  • Options
    icemixwinsicemixwins Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only a 7 hour rollback huh? It would be a shame if someone spend about 5-6 hours on leveling before the servers went down, but I guess nobody that is lvl 60 gives a ****. Good decision really, it seems like these kind of exploits have been going on for far longer than 7 hours, so you are pretty much not punishing anyone other than the legit players. **** this seriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mercsteff wrote: »
    well, this is a beta after all. Donno why this is so dramatic. All characters will get wiped pretty soon, before official release

psst

Open beta is "official release", there's not going to be any wipe (though there should be one because of this issue).
  • Options
    rugger2x0rugger2x0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is impossible to completely rid anything, including modern society, of exploiters/cheaters. There will always have people like this, just as there was that Twitch.tv streamer who took advantage of people by claiming he was paraplegic, accepting donations. All we can do is sigh, lose faith in humanity, really want to kick them in the balls, and just continue playing the games. It would be nice to have a player base with morals and actual intelligence, but the likely hood of that happening is null.
  • Options
    mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    All you people who want to quit, just leave already. I'm sure no one care.

PWE bank account cares :P as for 7 hr rollback... they had to choose: 7 hr rollback and leaving AD & items exploited since the beginning of OB untouched, or full rollback and loosing most of their player base... Both ways are extremely bad but it clearly shows that PWE are only amateurs trying to get as much money as possible from mmo games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    I'm sure we will missed you and your gf, and oh no what will perfect world do now that you and your gf have quit this game? I don't know if you are serious or not, but quitting over a 7 hours roll back? I wish they did even a bigger roll back, it is needed to be done. 7 Hours is not much but at least some who know the exploits get taking care of.

All you people who want to quit, just leave already. I'm sure no one care. BTW can I have you and your gf stuff?
    You ****ing ignorant piece of ****. How would you like to lose 7 hours of lvl grinding for doing nothing wrong? But you won't since you are lvl 60 right? What do you care, you will just lose a bit of AD and nothing more. I started at lvl 38 yesterday and when the servers whent down I was at 52 and I will lose probably most of that proggress. So **** you and anyone that thinks this way.
  • Options
    mercsteffmercsteff Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psst

Open beta is "official release", there's not going to be any wipe (though there should be one because of this issue).
    oh, means i was reading an outdated thread earlier... im a newbie. well, in that case, it does bring a new bit of suckiness with it. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icemixwins wrote: »
    You ****ing ignorant piece of ****. How would you like to lose 7 hours of lvl grinding for doing nothing wrong?

If it ensures the long-term health of the game? I wouldn't mind.

That said, what was needed to ensure the long-term health of the game would be a wipe to beginning of open beta, which they've already said isn't happening, so...
  • Options
    ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You ****ing ignorant piece of ****. How would you like to lose 7 hours of lvl grinding for doing nothing wrong? But you won't since you are lvl 60 right? What do you care, you will just lose a bit of AD and nothing more. I started at lvl 38 yesterday and when the servers whent down I was at 52 and I will lose probably most of that proggress. So **** you and anyone that thinks this way.

Well, **** happens, man. Even though you didnt have anything to do with the exploit, be happy that the rollback isn't a 30-day one.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much what I had expected them to do, and obviously not even close to being enough.

I'm sure there will be more disastrous bugs in the near future and I'll start playing again when they finally come to their senses and do a full wipe.
    Only a 7 hour rollback huh? It would be a shame if someone spend about 5-6 hours on leveling before the servers went down, but I guess nobody that is lvl 60 gives a ****. Good decision really, it seems like these kind of exploits have been going on for far longer than 7 hours, so you are pretty much not punishing anyone other than the legit players. **** this seriously.
    Please take your medicine.
  • Options
    mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ishaan2000 wrote: »
    be happy that the rollback isn't a 30-day one.

Like it should be, cos exploited items and AD are still in game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If it ensures the long-term health of the game? I wouldn't mind.

That said, what was needed to ensure the long-term health of the game would be a wipe to beginning of open beta, which they've already said isn't happening, so...

So why don't they just track everyone who gained huge amounts of AD and just delete all of those accounts? Why the **** should I be punished for what other people did?