test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else quitting if rollbacks?

cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why should I lose 7 hours of game progress because of exploits that don't affect me, I'm out if they roll us back. Anyone else?

edit: So this thread just proved to me that this is the most oblivious gaming community in existence right now. No Full Wipe No Game. GG Terrorists Win.

edit 2:
sileste wrote: »
You're a f2p player and level 17 and crying about a 7 hour rollback? Doesn't even know what a wipe is. Can't. Take. Seriously. Maybe I'll see you when next f2p game comes out. Bai~<3

Better at making green text than reading comprehension. Keep it up guys.

edit 3:
nepht wrote: »
I'm not going to rage quit over seven hours .

Also you have named yourself well.

Nuff said.

Even quoting with the edit saying we need a wipe only sees what he wants. Classic Cryptic defender low on the chromosomes.
Post edited by cocksworth on

Comments

• xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bye. Why say if when they said they are? This was probably the best solution though it still doesn't address the other exploits that changed the economy.
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Either roll back, or play in an extremely ****ed up economy.

Have fun in whatever game you play. Id rather play in a game where the main currency is not cat companions, which is what this game will be if there is no roll back
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Nope, sorry. I'm fine with seven hours.

The rollback is to het rid of all of the items that were sold on the AH dirt cheap before the servers went down.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anything you should be quitting because this 7 hour rollback isn't fixing anything. Oo
  • unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needs to be a wipe OR a new shard. Period.

All this other.....nevermind wasting my time.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • deemorgan01deemorgan01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL NOOOOOOO 7 hours of your game time ..... your lucky this exploit has been going on longer than a week and they are only rolling back 7 hours ... if your gonna quit over somthing like that in a F2P beta then go play some dance dance kitty island
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont fret! I have a solution for you bro!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can live with 7 hrs.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey listen I shouldn't have to be punished by having to redo all this hard game content that I lost because of one tiny little exploit that wasn't even a big deal to start with. They advertised no wipes, 7 hours is a wipe FALSE ADVERTISING.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who thinks this is a serious thread has not been paying attention to cocksworth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you were actually playing that full 7 hours straight I'm sure you can just do it again.

Also, you only think it didn't affect you. I'm going to be generous and assume you aren't 60 yet so you don't use the AH. In which case, this would have affected you in future when you began to realize how important the AH is to maximizing your gear, specifically enchants and runestones.

At some point you would either quit anyway or reach a point where this would have affected you in a very bad way.
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I have your stuff?
  • shining2112shining2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh almost every game I have ever played has had roll back or rollbacks. hours and not days or weeks? I am cool with that :)
  • elderdracoelderdraco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    Why should I lose 7 hours of game progress because of exploits that don't affect me, I'm out if they roll us back. Anyone else?

Bye! See Ya! Hope your next 7 hours of life are better than the 7 that are getting rolled back, not to mention the 9 hours waiting on an answer to everyone's dying questions concerning what they were going to do in the first place.
  • epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want a full refund from this also. I can see a class action lawsuit vs PWE in the near future. Game experience is ruined from a bug that wasnt fixed in closed beta.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so like if you're like me from west coast, you were playing from 5:30AM till 12:30 on a saturday night? really? I stopped playing at 11 and woke up at 10 to do some pvping and thats about it. This does NOTHING to me, you quitting too? looooool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Listen guys it was PW policy ok, they said no wipes now they are wiping the servers for 7 hours. I think like .00015% of the total player population even knew there was an exploit. I say my seven hours is more important than 1, tops 2 guys making like 3000 AD too much.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As long as Foundry isn't included lol. Screw redoing 7 hours of work. :P

But nah, haven't played the game for much more than 7 hours. :D
  • dnd80proofdnd80proof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually stopped playing (well, leveling) when I first noticed this on Sunday morning. Had a very bad feeling about it and just shut off the game. Hopefully I won't lose any progress.
  • khandar21khandar21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fplmgjC.jpg
  • kaeudaarkaeudaar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop crying.
  • nihilennihilen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, I am staying. Thanks Cryptic for your good work :D
  • lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Listen guys it was PW policy ok, they said no wipes now they are wiping the servers for 7 hours. I think like .00015% of the total player population even knew there was an exploit. I say my seven hours is more important than 1, tops 2 guys making like 3000 AD too much.

But also, this is beta, and in beta, the words of the cheek are "everything is subjected to change."
    Including your character.
  • shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get over it
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

They will affect you, unless you never plan to buy sale or trade on the auction house. I call bull****, there should be a total wipe to fix this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played heaps of mmos and in the early days of WOW they were frequent.

All the whining here is laughable - every mmo has its teething problems and in the end it is just a game. It is like "oh I am never playing Tennis, monopoly, checkers, chess, 21, poker etc... ever again because my brother/ friend/ father upended the board and stuffed up the game I was playing." - jeez really your never going to play an mmo again, cause they all do it at the start. If is what I say is untrue how do you even know what a rollback is, eh????
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey listen I shouldn't have to be punished by having to redo all this hard game content that I lost because of one tiny little exploit that wasn't even a big deal to start with. They advertised no wipes, 7 hours is a wipe FALSE ADVERTISING.

Learn the difference between a wipe and a rollback, people.
    edited May 2013
    Glorious 3 pages of people defending a roll back but saying wipes can't happen.

No Wipe = No Game. Seven hours is adding insult to injury. Grats to the all the exploiters who can go back to having fun after 72 hours, 18 of which were down time fixing exploits. GG to the trolls for killing a franchise hope you guys getting plenty of lulz on the forums.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People raging for 7 hours lolz.
    i hope they quit and take some of the gold sellers with ya, k
    Myself.. i was catching zzz when all the mayhem happened. :D and yes, i woke up past midday.. so what :P
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I never played an MMO to max my level as fast as possible but just for the ride.

Neverwinter has potential - and the Foundry, so I will snarl/sigh for a second and continue the ride :)
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)