test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else quitting if rollbacks?

Comments

• Options
    natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    Again I don't use the AH nor do I ever plan to ride a Cat, I don't see how any of this affects me. Just find some friends to play with who also don't use the AH or Cats. Over reaction by Cryptic 7 hours WIPE is uncalled for. Call it what it is.

It doesnt matter if it affected you. Why should we patch because XX needs a tune up or YY has a graphical issue? It helps the game.
  • Options
    purutzilpurutzil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Terrible idea. Want an exactly? Take a look at D3 economy US. Weeks later and item prices are through the roof. A good majority of items aren't even in the gold AH, they were all moved to the RMAH instead. Its virtually destroyed NOT rolling back.

I'd honestly be fine with a full wipe. Sucks I lose 500k diamonds and a level 60 and 40, but I can live with it if it means a clean environment without crazy exploits. Just give us some nice gifts for the trouble and most would be content. Its not like theres a huge amount to really earn/work for at the end right now.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is hurray for working an overnight and not being logged in for many hours before the intended rollback time. Worst thing I lost was a couple of profession tasks which were junk returns as usual anyways. And if your quitting over a pitiful 7 hour rollback, PLEASE let the door hit you hard in your *** on the way to your next FotM game.
  • Options
    jamespettyjamespetty Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natakutdh wrote: »
    Haha.. cats... i like that... can we get that as a currency sometime?

The real problem to me with this game is that there are already too many types of currency in it. And now you guys gave me the urge to find the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode were Spike and friends play poker for kittens and watch it.
  • Options
    strayedinctstrayedinct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you were dumb enough to keep playing during such a serious exploit then its your own fault. Most of us knew a rollback was the best solution and decided not to play and end up losing stuff. Cant help but laugh to myself at all the people who were arguing in chat yesterday how they were 100% certain there was going to be no rollback hahahah
  • Options
    lizzybeth78lizzybeth78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who wants to leave the game because of 7 hours can leave. That just means it wont take as long to get back on the game. Less people logging on....so PLEASE quit!!
  • Options
    hotsoophotsoop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you leave you will loose more than 7 hours ... it sucks i know ,I'm glad i didn't play yesterday
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why should I lose 7 hours of game progress because of exploits that don't affect me, I'm out if they roll us back. Anyone else?

No

Although seems pointless considering the main ones that were taking advantage of this were doing it a hell of a lot longer than that.

Although I'm geting burned out on this game anyways. Having to do the same things multiple times to complete the AD dailies at higher levels is simply tedious and a ridiculous timesink. It diminishes the entertainment value of their own content not to mention I would imagine it will turn off many casual players that don't have the time to run those things multiple times.I know why they're doing it but I think they're wrong on the effect it will have. Having that nonsense in the game is probably how it became eventually widely known about this exploit in the first place....heh...
  • Options
    jamespettyjamespetty Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The seven hours doesn't bother me so much as the 9 trillion hours of waiting for the game to came back on does
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Listen guys PW told me when I signed up there would be no wipes, they advertised it, somewhere... in their advertisements. Give me one example of anyone (supposedly) exploiting Cats that affects my game play. I don't even turn on zone chat, so I didn't even know there were Cats in the game. Why am I being punished? Cryptic LIED.
  • Options
    natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    jamespetty wrote: »
    The seven hours doesn't bother me so much as the 9 trillion hours of waiting for the game to came back on does

Truth. im on the fourms, facebook, and launcher. Come up **** it!
  • Options
    visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    STFU cocksworth...... im mean for real, how the hell are you still even allowed out in public with that forum name. I cringe every time i see your stupid handle in a post. I for one won't miss seeing you blather on these forums anymore, toodles!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    STFU cocksworth...... im mean for real, how the hell are you still even allowed out in public with that forum name. I cringe every time i see your stupid handle in a post. I for one won't miss seeing you blather on these forums anymore, toodles!!!

http://www.houseofnames.com/cocksworth-family-crest

Condolences on your 60 dollars though :(
  • Options
    magarpl2magarpl2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STFU AND QUIT! if u dont like rollback idea just QQ on quit the game WE (normal community) no need whiners and QQers there was a major bug that destroy balance in NVO economy and 7h rollback its not so much ! its only 7h not a week
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    I can live with 7 hrs.

too, actualy ain`t realy bad and gets rid of the unprofesional exploiters.
    too bad people fall for free money, but who can blame them.
    gateway was buggy like.. it should have taken offline weeks ago.
    it maybe even be better if it never gets online again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guys relax it's open beta :/
  • Options
    hotsoophotsoop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why are you so mad ?
  • Options
    nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I was planning on quitting 15 mins into the game, but <there's just nothing else out there>. No games beyond this level, let that sink in for a moment. Guildwars=banfest, Wow=same-rehash, D3=gold-farm-heaven, PathOfExile=same content over and over.
  • Options
    nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Hey listen I shouldn't have to be punished by having to redo all this hard game content that I lost because of one tiny little exploit that wasn't even a big deal to start with. They advertised no wipes, 7 hours is a wipe FALSE ADVERTISING.
    There's no laws against it, that's why they do it. If there was a law, people wouldn't be violating contracts like that. That's the whole point of calling it a 'beta'. If they could charge 60$ for it and still have the userbase, they would. But they can't, because its not that quality of a product. There's no law against low quality products, unfortunately.
  • Options
    roentsroents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours isn't enough.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toilet-paper.jpg

you just got ***** slapped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quitting, but I am very disappointed. I play late at night, and I only picked up the game a week ago, and am trying to level up while enjoying the game. The fact that many players reached 60 in hours using the foundry while I get rolled back on the progress I made is disappointing. I sincerely hope a double experience 2-3 day event is coming to make up for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    toilet-paper.jpg

you just got ***** slapped.

Is that a picture of one of the Cats the broke the server? I was halfway through black-dale this wipe isn't fair :(

Can they remove the AH and not roll us back at all? Better Solution.

ECONOMY WILL FIX ITSELF.
  • Options
    vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Listen guys it was PW policy ok, they said no wipes now they are wiping the servers for 7 hours. I think like .00015% of the total player population even knew there was an exploit. I say my seven hours is more important than 1, tops 2 guys making like 3000 AD too much.

Um, yes, well... It was no single guy. Try more like some hundreds making like 3 billion AD too much. The price of AD/Zen was devastated. When before 1 Zen was about 380 AD (I think somebody said closer to 100 on Dragon), after that there was NO Zen to buy. Its price would roll up there at around 500-600 AD, and that's only WHEN some Zen was offered.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quitting, but I am very disappointed. I play late at night, and I only picked up the game a week ago, and am trying to level up while enjoying the game. The fact that many players reached 60 in hours using the foundry while I get rolled back on the progress I made is disappointing. I sincerely hope a double experience 2-3 day event is coming to make up for it.

Agree with you Cryptic's blatant 7 hour server wipe is punishing legit players.
  • Options
    visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    http://www.houseofnames.com/cocksworth-family-crest

Condolences on your 60 dollars though :(

yayaya.... cause thats exactly why you named yourself cocksworth on a public forums. Your like talking to my 9 year old. You think your real clever. Your not. Condolences on your failed whit and ability to make a play of words on a long outmoded English surname.

By the way, are you not quitting? Does your continued appearance on the forums after your bold declaration of departure mean your going to hang around, and continue to be a cocksworth?
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a word for the delinquents.

Quitting wont get your 7 hrs back, what it will get you though is time invested lost much more worse than 7hrs.
    Seriously, if some of you used your brains lol
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if I had been actively playing the whole 7 hours and was losing something with a little more substance...eh, I think at most I'd be posting in more of a bitter fashion, but that's about it. I'd probably be more peeved to if I had spent any real world money, but given that this is still very much an open beta, I have wisely decided not to spend anything until it is an official launch because, well...stuff like this happens in beta's. Really though, 7 hours isn't -that- bad, the biggest loses will be item related, but I have a feeling that they're going to do -something- to make up for that fact. I do legitimately feel bad for anyone that did lose something big from the rollback, but raging about it is literally going to do nothing and is counter productive.
  • Options
    becs84becs84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I am spewing because I spent my weekend off playing and leveling and competing in all kinds of dungeons and foundrys. Also had my first PVP matches. I usually wouldn't spend so long in a single run gaming on the weekend but I've had this game for a week and am loving it. Its such a shame to lose all the hard work but sadly a few people have ruined it for the rest. I don't believe the developers can really help it though and many of us may lose progress unfortunetly. When I first read it I was like noooooooooooooooooooooo ! but the feeling has passed and just can't wait to get back on line... and hoping for a good thank you pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    yayaya.... cause thats exactly why you named yourself cocksworth on a public forums. Your like talking to my 9 year old. You think your real clever. Your not. Condolences on your failed whit and ability to make a play of words on a long outmoded English surname.

By the way, are you not quitting? Does your continued appearance on the forums after your bold declaration of departure mean your going to hang around, and continue to be a cocksworth?

For your child's sake I hope you are better with money when it comes to planning for his/her future than when buying games. Your kid is already a step behind when their daddy can't see through a blatant troll thread and thinks 'cocksworth' is offensive. If you're going to neglect your kid over a game at least make it something less cringe worthy than NWO.