What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    rosko44rosko44 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i like to focus on one character and get to the end game were the real fun starts.

Kinda sad that more and more MMOs are only about end game... I miss the focus being on the leveling.
  • Options
    nesothnesoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have one thing to say to all of you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkvc_gyVgCg
  • Options
    zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hb4gaming wrote: »
    Thank you for this! When I read the words "escape goat", I laughed until I cried! Best thing I've read all day!

I'm seriously looking into buying my own escape goat at the moment. I think a White Shorthaired goat will suit me nicely - although the narcoleptic ones are almost as entertaining as your comment. : D

Escape-Goat-Box-Final.jpg
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    blinken11 wrote: »
    You're right. I'm garbage. You're garbage. Santa Clause is garbage. Jesus is garbage. Did i forget anyone?

You forgot puppies and kittens.
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to read majority of posts here and i failed ofcourse. Frankly i am not that much irritated with all this AD thing because items cant give u skill, and while i do more dmgdone with 8900 GS then ppl with 11 k GS i have no complaints, especially because i didnt buy any item on AH till now.
    However there is simple sollution for all this problems with ingame economy. All they need to do is to made all items which are bought from vendors for AD BoP (bind on pickup). If u buy something for AD u buy it for urself and not for resellin. Also they should make all best endgame item drops BoP. Building game economy on equpment and not on farming resourcies is just naive. We seen that in Diablo 3 allready.

GS <> damage done. You can get higher GS with items that have bad stats, and your lower GS items probably have better stat allocation. For instance, there is a level 60 epic helm for CW's that is higher item level than another CW helm, but it only has recovery, deflection, defense, armor pen, and life steal on it. Obviously a lower item level item with power, crit, recovery and armor pen will out perform said item. You also can't compare damage against other classes, because they aren't very well balanced. Also, if they are the same class as you, or even a different one, you can't guarantee that they are spec'd properly or use the right skills. I recently respec'd on my CW to the renegade build from the forums, and my damage went DOWN dramatically.

Also you must take into account the ramp up some classes have for their damage. Like for CW's that use Arcane Mastery buffs, it takes 12 casts of Magic Missles to build up to full damage (4 buffs max, you get the buff on the 3rd missle and each missle counts as a cast since it isn't channeled) and by that time most of the pulls are dead, with the exception of the champions from said pull. I have seen some classes walk up and unload 3 encounters full of high powered AoE, killing all the little mobs and leaving only champion types.
  • Options
    dukearseburndukearseburn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Let the trolls unite too make this forum stronger then IT HAS EVER BEEN MAUAHAHA!
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So over 10 hours later and they are working on a plan.
    Sounds like bull**** to me.
    Why the F didn't the south park mmo come out on time....
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merkx71 wrote: »
    The plan is there is no plan.
    or

The plan is to misdirect you from knowing the plan.

Every plan is plan B
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    bacowrathbacowrath Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [IMG][/img]p2_zps0d6e41ab.jpg
  • Options
    fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gotta solution to all this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crdao-yNAIA
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's beta.

There will be wipes.

Your ZEN will be gone.

Your character will be gone.

Nothing will be saved.

Go back to playing WoW.

Or, you could stop lying? This beta does not have a wipe when it ends, they've made that perfectly clear.
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here is a simple plan they could take if they were serious about fixing the issue in a fair way for everyone.

Step 1. identify problem
    Step 2. take servers offline
    Step 3. copy and paste info on all characters into a closed server
    Step 4. strip all characters of gear, AD, and Zen
    Step 5. fix the bug that allows the exploit to happen.
    Step 6. notify all players that untill it is determined who used the exploit no gear, AD, and/or Zen will be returned to anyone.
    Step 7. restart severs allowing players back into the game.
    Step 8. launch investigation into all stored characters prior to there gear being removed as well as account activity of said characters
    Step 9. conclude investigation and permanently ban all IP addresses associated with accounts determined to be in violation of the terms of service agreement for using said exploit.

As straight forward as this plan is you won't see anything even remotely like it go into action because PWI and Cryptic are proving that so long as they get paid they don't give a dam about the players at all.
  • Options
    esarphieesarphie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hb4gaming wrote: »
    Thank you for this! When I read the words "escape goat", I laughed until I cried! Best thing I've read all day!

I'm seriously looking into buying my own escape goat at the moment. I think a White Shorthaired goat will suit me nicely - although the narcoleptic ones are almost as entertaining as your comment. : D

I had an escape goat once... tried to use it, but I think I was too heavy and the thing couldn't move a step. Next time, I'll use an escape llama.
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "There is no need to wipe everything. All they need to is to revert all transaction that has it's source in abused AD. "

and how would you do this? If i dupe a billion, and buy all your items off the AH. your money is still duped money. so how fair would it be to take it from you, even tho its not fair to anyone else to let you keep it.
  • Options
    pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacc4990 wrote: »
    Permanently ban all accounts involved and rollback all AD/Zen transactions since the exploit first started. Problem solved.

Yea that will fix it, it is not like they can't create another account and be back in the game in 30 seconds or anything... oh wait..
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is no need to wipe everything. All they need to is to revert all transaction that has it's source in abused AD.

Yeah but that is a lot of transactions considering how long the servers were up. It's an exponentially growing phenomenon. Then again maybe that's why the servers have been down so long. Oh it's so exciting to see if they **** it up or not :)
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    all are bases are belong to us!
  • Options
    surfyxsurfyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright cheers, good to know theres going to be no wipe!
    Time to sink some more hours in
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Or, you could stop lying? This beta does not have a wipe when it ends, they've made that perfectly clear.

Caught one!
  • Options
    internatiointernatio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.

Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!

Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!

Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.

Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

Hey Admin|Thanks For The Updates|Been Watching All Day & Night To See Your Getting Some Progress Done On The Other Side|I Hope Everything Is Going Good For Yall
    KhorneFlakes.jpg
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    My plan is to go to bed. I'm done trolling the rage-quitters.
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went to sleep early, so I could get my skirmish and dungeon early when I woke up, but it is still on. Glad I didn't stay up all night whining though.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you have cancer you kill almost everything before rebuilding anew. This would "clear the air".

"Almost everything" is the key words.

I GUARANTEE that this game will lose more players by total wiping than any other solution they can/will come up with.
  • Options
    akaiifsakaiifs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree with that one. While a working economy is nice in a game, I fail to see how this affects dungeon mechanics... or 98.9% of the rest of teh game.. which seems to be working fairly well to me, albeit with a few issues still being ironed out.

But, where would we be without all the histrionic chicken littles that live within the MMO game community... theyre like Robin to batman... the side story, the comic relief.. the part added that makes you scratch your head sometimes and go.. WTF?

I guess all of this drama about AD/Zen exploits took your attention from how "unaffected" dungeon mechanics were. Did you forget that still 80% of the dungeons and their bosses are exploitable still? Did you forget how every class has broken skills, passive/innate or the like? Debate still out there as to if aggro is broken between GFs and DCs respectively or if this is working as intended.

Just thought I would remind you of these "little" mechanics that aren't "game breaking". If you still need a good laugh, reread some of the previous patch notes. There might be one actual "game fix" but always a fix related to PWI increasing and/or keeping their profits incoming and fluidity in those regards. (IE gateway introduction and updates > class/game mechanic issues).
  • Options
    balianzbalianz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cutegay wrote: »
    I have a level 60 Cleric, TBH if they do not WIPE ALL CHARACTERS I'll be loosing interest and play something else.

Not doing a complete wipe confirms 1. It's not in BETA/ 2. They don't care about balance.

I really don't understand why they won't do a wipe and refund Zen. Other games have done wipes for much less.

I am sorry but this seem really stupid that OPEN beta means wipe to you. Remembered WoW OPEN beta? TSW is an OPEN beta as well. Go figure.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    No, it won't repair itself. See, here's the thing.. AD is like the american dollar. It only has VALUE because we assign it a value. That value is based on what people are willing to trade for it. i.e. you can buy a nice car for about $45,000.00. (I bought a 2012 Highlander). I worked about 3 months to be able to pay for that car (overseas war zone), so the car is worth 3 months of my labor to ME. Now, look at it this way. Say my neighbor created $10,000,000.00 dollars from nothing. He worked ZERO hours to get that money, so toyota sold him the car, and I would end up paying $90,000.00 for the same car, since toyota jacked up the price. Now, I had to work 6 months for the exact same thing. That's what EVERYONE who sold items for MILLIONS of AD just did. They sold their stuff to people who CHEATED and duped the AD. But, their money isn't REAL. The side effect, is that it effectively priced all the REAL workers out of the game, since we would have to work MUCH longer to get the same thing.

Having said that, the ONLY solution is a complete wipe. Wipe out ALL AD transactions, refund all the ZEN, starter pack AD, and start fresh. That's the ONLY way the 'economy' can recover. If only 1% of the cheaters keep their stolen 100 Million AD, then it will just come back and ruin the economy again.

No thats not the solution. You give a good example of how our valuation works. The problem is, if someone made 10B dollars doing nothing, while that 10B will have a short term affect on prices, if the hole is plugged, no lasting harm is done. Only if such a bleed of currency exists longterm does it have a long term affect. And that is if they do nothing to mop up the excess AD which isnt that hard to track down and do... its not like this isnt a digital world, or that there is some kind of digital bed ppl can stash their ill gotten goods. Ppl keep thinking "well they could have passed it off to so and so, yada yada.." youre thinking in terms of a non digital environment, once again. There are fingerprints all over every transaction that occured that flags the accounts of the ppl who initially made the money at the AH in enormous amounts. A much more reasonable approach would be to wipe AD transactions that clearly are beyond anything even remotely related to AH prices. The fact is, outside of Cash shop items and a few pages of end game uber rares, the rest of teh AH was pretty GD unaffected. You still had hundreds of pages of junk on sale for 5 AD, mid level dungeon drop blues for 50k selling jnust fine to anothe rmid level player who made his 50k AD invoking and selling things on the AH... etc.

Its like suddenly you can't stand the idea that you had to work for something a little harder than someone else, and that one person might have 1 remaining AD that they didn't "earn" according to your definition, so in order for you to not feel invalidated, you have to see everyone put back at the starting line.

Thats a little bit insanely overreaching and overreactive.
  • Options
    kriemhildakriemhilda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zarvus wrote: »
    Escape-Goat-Box-Final.jpg

+1 internets for you sir.
  • Options
    painpillspainpills Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Let the trolls unite too make this forum stronger then IT HAS EVER BEEN MAUAHAHA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRp_dUo5K1c
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The most important part of the plan is that no one talks about the plan.
    No one admits the plan exists. No one responds when asked about the plan.
    And most importantly there is no plan. Everyone got it?
  • Options
    tolnedratolnedra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromdar wrote: »
    i am sure there is a whole line of lawyers that cannot wait to get you the 5 dollars you spent in zen back!!

why not I got a 32 cent check from Ticketmaster a few years ago. Which was funny because I moved 3 times in the 5 years since i'd last bought anything from them. so they spent many hundreds of dollars tracking me down to send me a 32 cent check. this was before EVERYTHING could be found online.