Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• margrackmargrack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forum stress test? yay, passed :)
  • cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...yea and give us unicorn's PINK ONES !!! GOT IT?!
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone ever get the "Free" pirate hat from the stress tests?
    Silverhand
  • regenfrithuregenfrithu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    253 pages!

That was a close one, almost didn't make the cut for 253.
  • lokiinumbralokiinumbra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a lot of pages.. Could write a novel with it
  • lrighlrigh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    margrack wrote: »
    Forum stress test? yay, passed :)

#forumpiratehat for you
  • ragingmjolnirragingmjolnir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen lots of people trying to stand up for the dev team saying that we should be thankful they're even there to handle the issue because it's the weekend... Well, realize that this is a 24/7 MMO. I can just about guarantee you that someone is there, around the clock, for this exact reason. So get that idea right out of your heads.
    Next, I've seen lots of people saying "Ohhh thanks for all the info and updates" ... They haven't told you a **** thing, other than "We will have an update soon" What's that told you? A whole lot of nothing. So quit blowing smoke up each other's asses.
    Then we've got a bunch of people saying that a wipe is unnecessary. They should just roll back. Well, I've seen posts of some of the alleged 'AD dupers' on a few different forums. Several of them are bragging that they've done this (since open beta began), making thousands of dollars in real life currency on it, and they haven't even been punished. Others have recieved no more than a 72 hours ban. Ohh no, they'll have to stop playing for 3 whole days? Someone get me a defibrilator, I'm going into coronary arrest. That's not even a slap on the wrist, especially when you consider that a great many of them have mules which they state have not been caught and punished. Matter of fact, these mules are still laden with epics and AD. So, as soon as the servers come back up they will be right back at it again, destroying the economy with a vengeance.
    The only real way to fix all of this, as much as it displeases me, is a full wipe of the server. They still have records of all the people who've purchased zen and everything else. That can all be taken care of and given back, probably with a minumum of effort.
  • darrontedarronte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa I can't keep up reading this thread.. everytime I am done with a page.. 2 new pages appears :p
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    This reason why it went from a couple of hours to all day is someone in the meeting said, "Call legal." At that point we were fubar-ed.
  • baraiderbaraider Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clowna wrote: »
    what is a shard wide rollback?

Its like the Harlem Shake but worse! (youtube harlemshake if you dont know the pain....or laughter!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGCCXJItevI
  • badoobiebadoobie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i say if we make it to 1000 pages and the problem doesnt get fixed we should get tacos and churros
  • zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bedwyer wrote: »

I did. I wondered what I got it for, though, had forgotten about that ;)
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rajanixisa wrote: »
    ... Wish I had pcitures of the crafting interface. Make a leadership "Gather Tinfoil" and "Fold Tinfoil Hats" picture.

But it has to award a bill of sale lol
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    That was a close one, almost didn't make the cut for 253.

I was dancing :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    AH "players" would have much more than 10 million. 10 million is easily obtainable if you are running T2. Some of the gear sells for 1 mill+ easy. Factor in that they've been able to play those for over a month, and its not hard to fathom 10 million in someones pocket. an AH "player" would have probably maxed out AD by now (since 100 million honestly isn't much...)

Right, but that doesn't mean they weren't benefiting from it. The AD had to come from somewhere. The founders packs are the only legit source that could get even close to that. But exploiters would have been buying their stuff too.

If this was going on since closed beta as some are suggesting. With a few people keeping it secret until someone went public. Then its doubtful anyone with a lot of AD doesn't have at least some bad.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know this isn't much of anything, but they tweeted this about 20 min ago

"Fixes are already in the process of being applied"
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally, I made it to the end of the thread again.. but it'll still grow!
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    bedwyer wrote: »

Come to think of it, I never got mine. hmmm
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morfedd wrote: »
    From Twitter feed: Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P

And if legit people spent legit AD on purchasing unknowingly non legit items, will those items be deleted and the legit AD refunded?
  • rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tyrmoon wrote: »
    i say if they roll back everyone should get a free spider mount

I say everyone who has not spent a dime on this game should stop posting till the problem is fixed.
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P"
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    255! ermergawd!

oh super sad :( I missed it :((((
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m

@KevinLucks @Qii0152 Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P

Oh boy this game is going to be a bit lighter when it reopens.
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone should tell griffin that it is only 64 pages

Because if you have it still set for 10 posts per page you are just a ****
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonngalt wrote: »
    While I am sure that Cryptic/Perfect World will come up with a fine solution, my vote is for hyperinflation a la the Weimar Republic.

"There's a new currency today, folks, Yen, and Astral Emeralds. 1 Yen = 1,000,000 Zen, and 1 Astral Emerald = 1,000,000 Astral Diamonds. All prices are now in Yen and Astral Emeralds. Oh, but we are going to give everyone 1 Yen for every 1 Zen they previously purchased, and we are going to give everyone 5000 Astral Emeralds per character per day they've been active.

My solution is only half baked, and needs to include some sort of fix for stuff previously purchased from the Zen store (maybe a time limit for anything previously purchased via Zen).

Hey, just an idea. But there is a reason this has been adopted by troubled government time and time again . . .

Easier solution,
    1. Ban exploiters and remove as much of the ill gotten Zen/AD/Items from the system as possible.
    2. Clear all bids from the AD/Zen Exchange, put all AD/Zen back into the exchange wallet.
    3. Clear all bids off the AH, refund all AD waiting on bids and all Items are sent back to their owners.
    4. Let the economy start from scratch with nothing to compare it too.
    5. Wait
  • raziousrazious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't think anyone would want to read a book entitled "D&D, Tales of the Whining city"
  • sicknesssickness Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

...or an amazing Foundry Quest!
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    If it is true that this problem was known and submitted in closed beta and also appeared in STO, I don't know... if that is true I might be done, because at that point, what kind of team allows that? I can't believe that is true, but if it is... they got serious issues.
  • reclusiarcreclusiarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of you supposed RP'ers tell me where to find RP'ers! Everytime I go to the Moonstone Mask I just see naked half-orcs on stage, and.. ain't nobody got time for that.
  • inu755inu755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    I agree but they were aware of this exploit, it's been reported weeks ago. But it's always damage control they act and sell stuff as a live game promising no wipe vs being tagged as open beta because they are still bugs and exploits that have been reported a month ago that they purposely ignore to fix before releasing the game and the cash shop. Sad thing is how I can have trust in the product if they add more stuff in cash shop than bug fixed each week. It's alright to be affected by bugs, it happens. But I'm not pleased to play a great game with millions and millions of AD and Cats ccompanions hiding in thousands of mules account + all the legit gains everyone got from the devaluating AD exploits. I mean no matters how many bans they handed out AD will be worthless for several months. AD are now pesos.

You know what i have nothing to say to that very nice. i dont think however they should do a wipe or recall. it wont effect me since im lvl 18 but those who spent time and money on this game should not have to pay for such a small group of ppl. very nicely put once again and i know what i wrote has almost nothing to do with what you said but was all i could think to what you had wrote