What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account hacked...

Comments

• Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    AFAIK, as I have seen in most games, when you get banned in game, you still retain your forum rights, unless you go to the forum to rant and curse them about your banning, then in that case they get banned from there too. Usually follows that formula, so I can see why you think that LOL.

You get banned globally, without warning.
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    skreebus wrote: »
    I dont know how it will allow me to stay logged in on this account since someone very early Friday morning hacked my account and changed the password and the default e-mail on the account. I submitted a ticket about this about 3 hours (before I left for work) after this had happened. I got a couple responses throughout the day, but I have yet to get any response or my account returned. I mean I dropped $260 alone on the top 2 tier founder packs and this is what I get. And it seems weird that there is suddenly a rash of account hacks at launch......anyone whom played Diablo 3 may remember a problem like this when that game launched. But hopefully PWE and Cryptic dont blame their customers for this, like Blizzard did.

So my question is how long will this take to get my account back, since I already gave them the verifying info for my account? I'm hoping who ever has my account didn't do the AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and get it banned :(

I put in my customer support ticket thursday, nothing yet.
  • Options
    mindgame18mindgame18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This guy....lol

claiming his account email and password were changed. His browser "remembered" his login info (which would be your old account info) and actually let you log in. If someone changed all your login information, you would not be able to log on to the forums with the same account using old info.

I have a slight smile on my face that this is an exploiter trying desperately to cover his ***.
  • Options
    skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talealock wrote: »
    I had my account hacked too, (i can still log in from facebook but I can't change anything because they changed the email and password) mine happened almost 24 hours ago and I'm still yet to get a single response from them. What did you do to even get them to respond? anything would ease my mind.

Jokes on the hacker though I had NO zen and 8k AD. have fun with that. My friends that were on said he logged in for 30 seconds and logged out, I'm guessing pretty disapointed.

Never had anything like this happen to me before I'm always very VERY safe. But I did log into the gateway on my wifes laptop the other day and I'm pretty sure thats where it happened =/
    Ya the person who got mine prob did that too, Because my cousin said that it wasnt logged in when hes was on. And I only had like 20k ad and 0 zen plus a lot of bound items from the 2 founders packs. Just hope I get it back soon. I've been playing rift all weekend to pass the time.
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm that is happening mindgame18. if you have your account linked to facebook you can still get on with it, but I can't change my password/email or log into game
  • Options
    skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mindgame18 wrote: »
    This guy....lol

claiming his account email and password were changed. His browser "remembered" his login info (which would be your old account info) and actually let you log in. If someone changed all your login information, you would not be able to log on to the forums with the same account using old info.

I have a slight smile on my face that this is an exploiter trying desperately to cover his ***.
    Too bad i didnt exploit anything and my innocence will be revealed with IP address compares, just a pro tip for the real exploiters ip and mac addys can be tracked to see where the accounts are logged into everytime. And who the hell makes their login e-mail vsdnkrkz262@hotmail.com?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah mine changed it to gbwbdjyn2712@hotmail.com now...

should be pretty obvious for them whats up, If I could get it looked into. The silence is killing me.
  • Options
    gibby87gibby87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mindgame18 wrote: »
    This guy....lol

Exactly the same happened to me actually. You shouldn't be so quick to judge, it only makes you look like a fool

• Options
    edited May 2013
    talealock wrote: »
    yeah mine changed it to gbwbdjyn2712@hotmail.com now...

should be pretty obvious for them whats up, If I could get it looked into. The silence is killing me.

I think whoever is doing this is getting the info and making <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> e-mail address to try and strip accounts of items, gold, AD or whatever. Which would make sense with these random e-mail address names. Just hope they ip and mac ban the person whom is doing this. Thy should be able in their systems to ip and mac address search and see what all accounts were logged in from that location.
  • Options
    mindgame18mindgame18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I'm judging.

I'm judging deep and hard.
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    How can you not have gold or AD? You should have 1.2 mil in AD since you bought the big expensive founder's pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    How can you not have gold or AD? You should have 1.2 mil in AD since you bought the big expensive founder's pack.
    I actually has 2.6 from those (2mil from $200 pack and 600k from the $60) but I spent it on my gear for my CW lvl 60 before the economy really fell apart with the GF set bug thing and people farming those instances so hard.
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Gotcha. Guess the GF set wasn't as expensive. I spent 150k on my full GF set :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    Gotcha. Guess the GF set wasn't as expensive. I spent 150k on my full GF set :)
    I have a GF but it's only 15 I have 1 of each class at 15+ but CW is what I'm more into.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a pro tip for the real exploiters ip and mac addys can be tracked to see where the accounts are logged into everytime

Not when using port forwarding, mac addy clones, and jumping static IP, which from what I understand is a protocol system that is used by really smart people that dont want to be caught and banks so that their wires can't be sniffed out. Just another 'pro tip' for ya.
  • Options
    dragonsyndicatedragonsyndicate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But hopefully PWE and Cryptic dont blame their customers for this, like Blizzard did.

Why wouldn't they blame you? I would, after all it's your fault for having malware and trojans on your computer not theirs.

seriously people with the "zomg i got haxed butt it's not mi faults!"

really? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually has CW lvl 60
    WOW, that was really fast to lvl 60! Wish I had that kind of play time!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I doubt that someone just doing this on a game like this will waste their time spoofing those at all. Usually the only people whom are using those are people doing high risk and punishable crimes. Such as banking and federal jobs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    WOW, that was really fast to lvl 60! Wish I had that kind of play time!
    Didnt really take that long. I had an early start on the beta before it went open since I had the founders packs.
    Why wouldn't they blame you? I would, after all it's your fault for having malware and trojans on your computer not theirs.

seriously people with the "zomg i got haxed butt it's not mi faults!"

really? :rolleyes:
    Funny how people always quick to say it's the person of some type of compro software. But never want to acknowledge that it could be a bug in the game. This same thing happened in Diablo 3 and Blizzard tried to tell customers it was their fault with these issues til the discovered it was a bug in the AH that allowed it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I doubt that someone just doing this on a game like this will waste their time spoofing those at all. Usually the only people whom are using those are people doing high risk and punishable crimes. Such as banking and federal jobs.

And the gold farmers / game exploiters that make $7000+ in USD using a "bug" for a living!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    And the gold farmers / game exploiters that make $7000+ in USD using a "bug" for a living!!

no most of them dont even use it. Because most companies dont even ip or mac ban they just account ban. and on a f2p you just make another account a go about your business.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Skree, check IM. I know I am a sarcastic prick, but I am also a knight.
    I check it and replied. you may have gotten 2 replies. I wasnt sure the first one sent.
  • Options
    bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or were looking at <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. When I fixed these issues working for a company 99% of the time it was because you were searching free <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sites.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bloodpoolz wrote: »
    Or were looking at <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. When I fixed these issues working for a company 99% of the time it was because you were searching free <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sites.
    LOL no i dont spend much time with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anymore and when I do it's on my other laptop that I dont game on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It was absolutely my fault on my end. My wife is not known for being computer savvy.. shes a "click download ooh whats that" I regularly have to clean that thing up. Total brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> logging into the neverwinter gateway on her machine.

Really wish I could get SOME response on this though, I lead a gaming community guild and its been pretty tough keeping people motivated on the neverwinter chapter through all the exploits and broken abilities and feats. (which wouldn't be much of an issue except to fix them you have to pay six dollars to respec. its open beta.. charging for respec. really?) side issue. I am afraid if I have to be shut down for a few days the Neverwinter chapter may have to put down :( (making conversation at this point I know anyone that reads this can't do a thing about it)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE!! I just got my e-mail changed and password recovered on the account today. And I checked my toons and nothing was lost or anything. Not sure why the person stole my account but I evidently didn't have anything they were looking for. Glad to have it back and Good Luck to all the others who had their accounts hacked. Hope you guys get back to the grind soon!
  • Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE!! I just got my e-mail changed and password recovered on the account today. And I checked my toons and nothing was lost or anything. Not sure why the person stole my account but I evidently didn't have anything they were looking for. Glad to have it back and Good Luck to all the others who had their accounts hacked. Hope you guys get back to the grind soon!

Glad you did. Day 7 here nothing. **** Perfect World and Cryptic.
  • Options
    werethekwerethek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good for you OP. My account was compromised last friday and still no reply from support. I was able to post on forums with the account since it still stayed logged in on forums even though the email and pw were changed. Now I can't post on it anymore since it seems that it got banned and I had to make this account to be able to post on forums. I also had account guard on so here's hoping that whoever took control of my account never got into the game. Never had this happen in any game I've ever played and I use unique passwords for everything so this seems quite fishy. Wouldn't surprise me if Perfect World had exploitable leakage in somewhere on these forums or game launcher.
This discussion has been closed.