test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• masterfalinmasterfalin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the foundry was available offline, then i could at least do something game related while i wait ;)
  • joopus84joopus84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dahlyra wrote: »
    Completely agree

Ditto. There't no way to please everyone, do what u gotta
  • shaithis714shaithis714 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    LATEST INTEL ON PWE Twitter!!!

We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it.

Sounds about right
  • firstblood101firstblood101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nodic3 wrote: »
    Why wouldnt they just wipe items/currency (refunding pw rm zen purchases) and dish out level-scaled green item kits.

The big reason why most people who dont want a wipe don't want it is so they dont have to go thru the level grind again.

I really dont want to have to do that again, even tho I kinda enjoyed it. But I agree that a wipe will fix the issue best. Just let me keep my level!

petty much this
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?

Be happy if they can bring the game back before tomorrow morning and preserve any Zen transactions you may have made.

Compensation.....maybe a small token jesture, but nothing signficant.
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think PWE may have stumbled onto something. If it wasn't for the fact that it affected cash shop purchasers this seems to be a great counter to 3rd party sellers. Create a duping bug don't let anyone know how to do it and just sell like crazy to the third party vendors. Then leak the bug watch the economy collapse and stick it to the 3rd party sellers. Then fix the bug, wipe your server and THEN open your cash shop and release a polished product. But it should have been done in that order.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Poo. looking like no neverwinter tonight. Even if the servers come back up, I want to know that they did a roll back or character roll back or something to impact the situation.
  • burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it."

Yah we get it. It wasn't funny the first time either.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?

Tacos may be fair compensation in California, but in Florida? Not so much...
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game IS NOT IN OPEN BETA, It even says on the main perfect world pagehttp://www.perfectworld.com/ where you select which game you want, it has an L next to neverwinter, which according to their key means live.
  • eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 7m
    @FernandoGonz_ Very much agreed, as soon as this happened we acted right away.

Apparently the devs just found out about this exploit. :-p

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • tsiskwatsiskwa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    From PWE:
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it."
  • izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.

Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

Wiping the entire game right now would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.
  • golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least it's good to know they have a decent forum server. I fully expected it to be overloaded and unresponsive right now.
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • doktormdoktorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that "Soon" was Trademarked by another MMO . . .

perhaps you should also buy more ram?
  • mauser24mauser24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh, I like that idea. Punishment straight from the Gods, very nice... I may go with that for my cleric character, since she's very religious. :D

Any truly legendary hero has their story "revised" with each telling. For example, in the last Robin Hood movie I saw, Robin was a fox and the Sheriff was a bear! :D
  • neoohmneoohm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE YOU!!! <3
    Best post i ever read, honest and just sweet! :D
  • gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the foundry was available offline, then i could at least do something game related while i wait ;)

YES! been wanting to play around with foundry but found playing the actual game more worthwhile. In cases like this though..
  • kengulnarkengulnar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really trying to keep up with all the posts here, but for every page I read there are 2 more popping up, lol... you dont realize how popular a game is till it goes down and the forum is flooded
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sigaxel77 wrote: »
    Secondly, it's free. If you have chosen to support the developers with your real money, then that was your decision, in the knowing of the game's beta stage, despite its flaws, chances and possible losses. I didn't buy any packs or stuff, but I did spend some

They lost their "beta test" cover when they started taking RMT during the soft launch. They are on the hook now and are trying to figure it out.
  • rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally . . . an issue more important than this silly little exploit business. ;)

In the User CP, look on the left for "Permission Groups". Click on that then select the title you wish to display :)

THANK YOU!! Been trying to figure this one out without sounding like a **** for a week.
  • ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teircen wrote: »
    You're cracking me up. It's good to see someone with a positive attitude. :) Thank you for post.

My unrelated thoughts on so many other posts...

Personally I've found the game perhaps a bit too easy to level up. I've only played casually about 2 weeks and I'm nearly done leveling up (54 or 55-ish) and I know if I really wanted to level up fast I'd have done so faster. Since I'm not really interested in repeated "end game" repeat runs/raids/dungeons/etc I'm not really sure what I plan on doing once I get to 60 and run out of the solo and small group content. Maybe start another character.

As far as the current kerfuffle I'd like to say I can't believe all the complaining people are doing but I've seen too many things like this happen in too many games and people will always whine. All the arguments for there "needs" to be a wipe or not are simultaneously funny and pointless. There doesn't "need" to be anything. The game developers will determine what they feel is needed and our feedback is only that, feedback. We aren't going to force them.

Regardless of whether there is a wipe or not at some future point there will always be people who demand the opposite, make threats if their wants (not needs, wants) are not met, and will presume they know best. In the end it's almost a certainty that the final decision will be made based not on the squeaky wheel that posts loudest and most often but on whatever the analysts determine will net the game the most money. Our only options are to post feedback and, if we ultimately disagree, stop supporting it by no longer paying money or choosing to play the game. Anything more is about as effective as spitting in the wind.

I feel like there are too few level-headed, mature people on this thread, glad to see that you are one of the rational people. :)

And I just wish that more of us were realizing that in the end, Neverwinter is a game, meant for entertainment purposes... I've sunk a good chunk of real money into the game, as I know many other people have done. But no one held a gun to my head and made me pay, and quite frankly, the number of people saying "If I don't get my way I will demand a refund!" is a bit sickening. You made the choice to spend real money, and I'm pretty sure that in the ToS it even SAYS that when you pay real money, you don't get it back if you don't get your way...

I don't know, I'm keeping a lighthearted and positive attitude on these forums, because hell, someone has to, but...

I'm getting a bit disheartened at the lack of common sense and maturity on here (for the most part).

All I know is that I hope the game comes back up soon, because my boyfriend is about to be home from a long day at work, and I know he is really looking forward to playing before bed tonight. :P
  • velornavelorna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys dont realise the true implication of a wipe..

the Zen, there is not only via real money that someone can get some, there is the other games of perfectworld
    meaning that to know how much legit Zen every acount should have they will be forced to check the data bank of all the games of pw and that for everyone that is playing neverwinter, and also, there is in games ways to get legit Zen in other pw games, meaning they would not only have to check the Zen balance from real money bought Zen, but the exchange of resources to Zen, then how much of that Zen that been used in other games, so it mean all in all months of work just because they decide to wipe a single game data bank

So the idea of a wipe is the worst possible choice and its to actualy respect all the payer that they dont do it, as it would result in a long time without the game and cause even more issues both game Wise and legaly if they decide to wipe.

so stop thinking unidirectional and start looking at all the implication of a decision of that magnitude, asking for a wipe its been patheticaly selfish and not realising the amount of effort and work a team of dev and billing would have to do because of a single game.

if doing a wipe is the only solution in your eyes, they may as well just close pw by declaring bankrupty then start the compagny on a ne name and laugh at you for having stole your money.
  • dismount11bravodismount11bravo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    North Korea set up our AD exchange system, they finally go us.
  • mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the bloody game ! It's the only way
  • reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsiskwa wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.

Er, perhaps you missed the fact someone made over $6000 from selling the AD?

Not hard to see what people would gain from it.

And do not go being all "holier then thou", how dare you call anyone evil. Fact is a lot of people including you, would do the same, $6000 is not to be sniffed at.
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it." !
  • mericklightheartmericklightheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you wholeheartedly
    ~~~~Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack~~~~
  • ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teircen wrote: »
    You're cracking me up. It's good to see someone with a positive attitude. :) Thank you for post.

My unrelated thoughts on so many other posts...

Personally I've found the game perhaps a bit too easy to level up. I've only played casually about 2 weeks and I'm nearly done leveling up (54 or 55-ish) and I know if I really wanted to level up fast I'd have done so faster. Since I'm not really interested in repeated "end game" repeat runs/raids/dungeons/etc I'm not really sure what I plan on doing once I get to 60 and run out of the solo and small group content. Maybe start another character.

As far as the current kerfuffle I'd like to say I can't believe all the complaining people are doing but I've seen too many things like this happen in too many games and people will always whine. All the arguments for there "needs" to be a wipe or not are simultaneously funny and pointless. There doesn't "need" to be anything. The game developers will determine what they feel is needed and our feedback is only that, feedback. We aren't going to force them.

Regardless of whether there is a wipe or not at some future point there will always be people who demand the opposite, make threats if their wants (not needs, wants) are not met, and will presume they know best. In the end it's almost a certainty that the final decision will be made based not on the squeaky wheel that posts loudest and most often but on whatever the analysts determine will net the game the most money. Our only options are to post feedback and, if we ultimately disagree, stop supporting it by no longer paying money or choosing to play the game. Anything more is about as effective as spitting in the wind.

I feel like there are too few level-headed, mature people on this thread, glad to see that you are one of the rational people. :)

And I just wish that more of us were realizing that in the end, Neverwinter is a game, meant for entertainment purposes... I've sunk a good chunk of real money into the game, as I know many other people have done. But no one held a gun to my head and made me pay, and quite frankly, the number of people saying "If I don't get my way I will demand a refund!" is a bit sickening. You made the choice to spend real money, and I'm pretty sure that in the ToS it even SAYS that when you pay real money, you don't get it back if you don't get your way...

I don't know, I'm keeping a lighthearted and positive attitude on these forums, because hell, someone has to, but...

I'm getting a bit disheartened at the lack of common sense and maturity on here (for the most part).

All I know is that I hope the game comes back up soon, because my boyfriend is about to be home from a long day at work, and I know he is really looking forward to playing before bed tonight. :P