What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    williamtreatywilliamtreaty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?
  • Options
    ralphtrralphtr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mandatory "the cake is a lie" quote.
    rofl!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    LATEST INTEL ON PWE Twitter!!!

We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it.
  • Options
    lp7plp7p Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel that the exploiters should have their accounts permanently banned. With no possibility of being able to play any game ever again. I am so angry with them right now. We have lost our play time, the neverwinter team has had to expend numerous man-hours/resources to try and fix this. I just don't get how people could be so desperate to steal from a game that they would actually do something like this that impacts the entire community.

The mind-boggling thing is they knew exactly what they were doing and did not care one iota for the community, or the developers when they did it.
  • Options
    phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fangowned wrote: »
    In conclusion its a Beta test phase,you invite players to test your game for possible flaws,there is no logic in banning your testers.If you want this game to have any future admit to your customers that your decision for naming it open beta or having a real money shop in a beta test phase was dishonest either way and that from now on you will support your customers and treat them with respect.Weather we like it or not,wipe is the only way for this game to roll again,otherwise everyone should open their eyes and see how they're getting exploited by a game company and move forward making this the 1st mmo of history that failed before even going live! My 2 cents..

Actually, there is logic in banning the testers if, instead of testing and reporting exploits, they decide to use them.

Some people don't understand what "BETA test" means, it isn't just to jump in and play, it means that if you find something doesn't work, or something looks broken, you report it. If you just intend on playing so that you can exploit the problems, then you shouldn't be part of the community at all and deserve to be banned, especially if the exploit you are using causes someone else to not enjoy the game. By banning those types of people, they are showing their customers respect.

As for your comment that wiping is the only way that this game will survive through beta testing, that is absolute rubbish, the economy will smooth out fairly quickly once all the cheaters are gone, although they still need to do something about the gold/AD farmers.
  • Options
    sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Skimming through most of the replies to this thread, I cannot but think, "what an overreaction!".

First of all, it's a game.

Secondly, it's free. If you have chosen to support the developers with your real money, then that was your decision, in the knowing of the game's beta stage, despite its flaws, chances and possible losses. I didn't buy any packs or stuff, but I did spend some
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    The game is running!!!

Ha ha... Nope.
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wipe and refund all zen

and make a new event for wipe

you wanna see ppl have ad 999999999 with exploit are you f**k*ng kidding me?

Play offline if you wanna see like that
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have already said that if anything needs to be done to characters, it will be done to those characters who were involved in the use of the exploits.

You might want to read up a bit before proclaiming stuff. Hopefully they won't have to, but they did say they were considering a shard-wide rollback. That certainly affects those that were not involved.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it."
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    No, no, aaaaaaaaaaaand, no. You don't know what you're talking about and are adding nothing of value to what the Developers are already doing.

Why the ignorant choose to open their mouth to a situation they know nothing about is beyond me.

Well then I'm sure we all want to hear what the almighty defective14 has for a full proof solution. If my suggestion is ignorant, then why don't you tell us a better one.
  • Options
    masterfalinmasterfalin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the foundry was available offline, then i could at least do something game related while i wait ;)
  • Options
    joopus84joopus84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dahlyra wrote: »
    Completely agree

Ditto. There't no way to please everyone, do what u gotta
  • Options
    shaithis714shaithis714 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    LATEST INTEL ON PWE Twitter!!!

We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it.

Sounds about right
  • Options
    firstblood101firstblood101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nodic3 wrote: »
    Why wouldnt they just wipe items/currency (refunding pw rm zen purchases) and dish out level-scaled green item kits.

The big reason why most people who dont want a wipe don't want it is so they dont have to go thru the level grind again.

I really dont want to have to do that again, even tho I kinda enjoyed it. But I agree that a wipe will fix the issue best. Just let me keep my level!

petty much this
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Was there ever a decision on whether we would receive any tacos in compensation for this event?

Be happy if they can bring the game back before tomorrow morning and preserve any Zen transactions you may have made.

Compensation.....maybe a small token jesture, but nothing signficant.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think PWE may have stumbled onto something. If it wasn't for the fact that it affected cash shop purchasers this seems to be a great counter to 3rd party sellers. Create a duping bug don't let anyone know how to do it and just sell like crazy to the third party vendors. Then leak the bug watch the economy collapse and stick it to the 3rd party sellers. Then fix the bug, wipe your server and THEN open your cash shop and release a polished product. But it should have been done in that order.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Poo. looking like no neverwinter tonight. Even if the servers come back up, I want to know that they did a roll back or character roll back or something to impact the situation.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    "We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it."

Yah we get it. It wasn't funny the first time either.
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013

Tacos may be fair compensation in California, but in Florida? Not so much...
  • Options
    djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game IS NOT IN OPEN BETA, It even says on the main perfect world pagehttp://www.perfectworld.com/ where you select which game you want, it has an L next to neverwinter, which according to their key means live.
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 7m
    @FernandoGonz_ Very much agreed, as soon as this happened we acted right away.

Apparently the devs just found out about this exploit. :-p

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    tsiskwatsiskwa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand is why anyone would do this. I am aware that hackers and exploiters are bottom feeding slugs but, what can they hope to gain from trying to get ahead in a beta where all of their criminal activity will be wiped once the game goes live? What's the sense in hoarding up AD or anything when all of it will be lost at game launch? Just the anarchy and bragging rights of it?

I will just never understand the twisted and evil minds of hackers and that part of society who try to cheat through life. That isn't living. That's pathetic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From PWE:
  • Options
    izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.

Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

Wiping the entire game right now would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least it's good to know they have a decent forum server. I fully expected it to be overloaded and unresponsive right now.
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • Options
    doktormdoktorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that "Soon" was Trademarked by another MMO . . .

perhaps you should also buy more ram?
  • Options
    mauser24mauser24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh, I like that idea. Punishment straight from the Gods, very nice... I may go with that for my cleric character, since she's very religious. :D

Any truly legendary hero has their story "revised" with each telling. For example, in the last Robin Hood movie I saw, Robin was a fox and the Sheriff was a bear! :D
  • Options
    neoohmneoohm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE YOU!!! <3
    Best post i ever read, honest and just sweet! :D
  • Options
    gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the foundry was available offline, then i could at least do something game related while i wait ;)

YES! been wanting to play around with foundry but found playing the actual game more worthwhile. In cases like this though..