test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its simple. If you dont wipe and do this right, I, as a paying customer do not want anything to do with you or your game as it stands. Refund my money and all will be well.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    entalyan wrote: »
    This has been very entertaining though. I've been reading and posting this while bringing up a couple servers (for work) after a maintenance weekend.

Yes, yes it has, you've all kept me very entertained all afternoon :D I could barely keep up!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    What does key stakeholder mean?

Depends on the company, in this case probably Jack, the lead devs and a few official reps from PWE.
  • rolo79rolo79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reset the world; the game is still relatively new, issue back what people paid for, and keep working to get these bugs out. This is a beta after all, and think this is still by far one of the better beta starts ever. There will always be issues, especially when you have people with low standards and no morals looking for ways to exploit. Its a game and like all games, its not real life. For all the whiners crying about a f2p game, please stop playing if you wish, create a better game or play something else. You and your 4 year old tantrums will not be missed.
  • khesi1khesi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe server and refund legit zen would be the best choice, but only if exploit will be patched and it never happend again. Normal economy is needed because as normal players we want be able to buy stuff in normal prices. This game could be best mmo and foundary could deliver new content all the time. Everything what's need is good ideas and heavy banhammer :)
  • sonofmresonofmre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a shame to happen on a weekend.
    In the end I may not be remembered, but my actions carry weight.
  • haonmaruzhaonmaruz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish not to lose all I've got ^^
  • kengulnarkengulnar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sigh... so depressed at the server downage that I am torturing my neighbors by playing Weird Al songs very loudly ... somebody get the server hampster running again please ! :p
  • snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    We have to do something when there is downtime. If I write we software and contribute it, by law, must contain my unmodified source code header and my licensing agreement. Easily validated. I just havent checked to see if Sun/Oracle still releases the Java hSDK source code. Minded, I had to open support cases with Microsoft because of their closed source model for Internet Explorer. Justice department forced Microsucks to disclose the source for IE. That would have saved me a month or so of work but oh well.

I'm starting to like you old timer, even if you are full of it.
  • ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    What does key stakeholder mean?

All the folks at Cryptic/PWE who will have a part in fixing the mess.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • cyffreddincyffreddin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on a posotive note, during the downtime I made home made guacamole, and am now sitting here eating home made guacamole and chips reading these posts and having a great laugh.

rock on mate, eating homemade triple chocolate "super moist" cake with oreo chunks baked in, hot fudge soaking into the cake, vanilla bean ice cream on top with orange cream shell on top of that! and milk. can't forget milk...
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post edit
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definition of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    : slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress

just sayin'

there's this too ...

Medical Definition of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    sometimes offensive : slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development : characterized by mental retardation
  • steelpulsesteelpulse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mdgnole wrote: »
    Agree! This is beta...people want to treat it like it's not, but it is beta clear as day. A complete wipe and reset would not be unrealistic or out of bounds.

So you what buy ZEN at your own risk?. You & humanfacade are a just a bunch of IDIOTIC MORONS!
  • ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, since I try to RP my character as much as possible, and it's looking like rollback is the word of the day, I'm trying to decide how to incorporate it into my character's story. After all, she's going to be missing "memories" and items, and have to re-do things she's already done.

From a story line perspective, this is all very interesting.

Character development... there is a silver lining to everything!
  • leyentleyent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all of you who are against the whole idea of wiping...
    Those of us who want to wipe actually care about the future of this game, and want to be able to enjoy it.
    If you think that the devs not wiping it is something you should appreciate, or be happy about - then you're a damned fool.
    If they wiped the game, it would prove that they're willing to take responsibility for the breach in their design and deserve the loyalty of the players.
    But they won't.
    They won't wipe because they do not give a ****. If they wipe they have to refund all the money. At that point, the people who paid for things in the game, such as the founder's pack or Zen for whatever, will have the option of buying it again or not. After this kind of situation I think we can agree that a lot of people wouldn't go and put another cent into the game. Not all, but still a lot lost.
    On the other hand, if they do not wipe... Then they have all of us who put the money by our ballsacks. If we really want to get the use from the money we spent, then we have no choice but to stay and keep playing the game no matter how ridiculously trashed the economy becomes.
    So, as you can see - their powerful and reassuring statements of "No wipes for sure!" is the equivalent of them saying "No refunds, *****es!"

Just wanted to say. Especially after someone saying that the wipe is somehow going to damage the game?
  • amayahinageshiamayahinageshi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't as simple as you may think. The value of astral diamonds has gone down extremely, not just because of the exploiters having more, but the distribution of ITEMS bought with astral diamonds. AD wasn't even the only thing effected. The exploiters bought all the zen that was up for trade so both markets have been effected. High value items have been scattered everywhere through purchase and trade. There are also many routes of action; deletion or refunds for all the expensive items bought... currency negation for the past 24 hours...

Lots of things to fix.
  • malleusdeum2malleusdeum2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i for one wouldnt want my zen back i will want a refund if they do a rollback.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh. Rollback. I just hit 60 last night. I bought my first epics, and they weren't outrageously priced. 60k zen for four of them. Now I will lose them, and have to re-run Mount Hotenow and Rothe. I didn't like Hotenow; Rothe wasn't that bad. Hopefully I won't have to run the Chasm again. All of this I still need to do on my cleric as well.

I think a currency wipe, with founder ad returned, zen bought with real money returned, and a percentage of ad earned, returned. The higher the amount of ad made (or stolen), the smaller the percentage returned.

But, after reading all of these posts, and being tired, I'm just talking out of my backside.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • bongaslbongasl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best way is the wipe... For all reasons, only exploiters dont want the wipe, the game is realy good and ppl dont care about level up the char again, whit a wipe we rly gona see who are good and bad in this game. Just wipe it!
  • aanuunaanuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of whether you wipe or not, offer refunds, in cash, to all paying customers, for all the amount total that they have paid. That would be a sign of good faith, that you understand the issue and it's impact on the player base and community, and that will have a good number of us back and spending that money again when we know that our investments are at least somewhat secure. I want to believe PWI/Cryptic, please do right by us.
  • gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are so many people convinced that a wipe is the only solution? That sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. If your arm is mangled by a wild animal do you have to amputate? Possibly, but let the surgeon make that decision, not the butcher. My point is that very few of us are experts in game development, sure some of you likely have degrees in computer science and engineering and know well what needs to be done, but the majority have no concept of software beyond its function. We should let the experts, the guys who built it decide how to fix it. I have faith they are more skilled surgeons than many of you give them credit for. Of course as I write that I think about my rogue tier 2 breastplate that is still lacking a skin and wonder if I am not making the most common mistake I see in society today. Presupposing intelligence.....
  • spoddanspoddan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do i farm gold in neverwinter?
    -gold?
    Yes, gold
    -Oh, cats you mean.. hehe, how silly of me
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    psol1as wrote: »
    i think they will find a way to fix this and also be fair to every one....to the ones that did that for sure i hope ban ip...but i dont think wipe is the solution...so many hours spent for so many people and so many zen from others...i am a free player and i wouldnt like to have it wiped...imagine paying and everything you paid for goes of the cliff....wipe is not the solution...hope they fix it fast and nice......ty for working on it guys

Dont be stupid if you paid money for zen you would get the proper zen back again.

If not this company would have a huge class action lawsuit filed against them pretty quick. Now as for time lost ya that sucks but you cant sue for that.
  • shadow122696shadow122696 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

HE said rollbacks in Astral shards, not character progress.. just currency wise, LEARN TO READ, ty.
  • themagicwombat2themagicwombat2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.
    [/color][/b]

IN other words, this is the same info you have been giving us since your 1 hour downtime started 9 hours ago.
  • totenbctotenbc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what happened I got a bit wasted today and passed out....
  • maokharkkonanmaokharkkonan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without a rollback the gold farmers will have complete control of the AH and Zen buy/sell market. No one will be able to buy anything without buying millions of AD from Gold farm websites. Zen will become worthless unless you buy only from Zen market at 1$ to 100 zen value. seriously... 10$ for a healthstone?
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boy, I bet the people that paid $200 for the Founders Pack feel kind of stupid!
  • phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I don't care how you get the game running, Just keep up the good work!