archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol Rift, when u could stack repeatable :) oh that was insta 50
  • Options
    ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    stubble burn

I guess, of all the possible reasons for an itchy downstairs, that would be the most preferable. o.O
  • Options
    mdgnolemdgnole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a beta...comp for money spent = yes; comp for time spent = silly! You are promising your time to help the game progress when playing a beta, knowing that you might find 'bugs' that help the game into the future. In fact, this is the primary purpose of beta testing.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Wipe

After all, it is "only a beta"... right?
    Well, we know it is not. The Beta tag is just a marketing cover to push unfinished product out the door.
    Money is changing hands after all so it is Live and For Consumption.
    However, a Total Wipe is what this game needs to go forward.

c'mon Chant with me !

Wipe

Wipe

Wipe

By your reasoning, then, the closed betas of pretty much every PWE game was actually Live.
    I can't help but think you're a sockpuppet of aeonaheart, with your... "interesting" definition of "open beta." (Hint: open beta has to do with bugtesting, not money.)
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop attacking the devs, who are doing their best to quickly resolve this with a minimum amount of collateral damage and, instead, take time to appreciate the work they are doing on a game that is still in beta.

These kids refuse to believe that, however. The refuse to acknowledge it is their fault for the exploit going on for so long. The point of a Beta Test is so that the testers REPORT to the devs what is going on. No one did. instead, the greedy kids just said "Hey, there's no server wipe after Beta so I am going to slam this exploit for all it's worth, then if it gets "caught" I will swoop in at the last moment and look like I am one of the people reporting it."
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with a wipe, because the bug astral diamond has gone too far, I see the astral diamond has more than 200 million and banned him even though he had more character than one transaction to a friend and this game is not fun anymore,

I request the GM to think quickly .. This is the right time to do a wipe, if not I'm sure that playing this game just a hacker :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I hate how the players who never buy zen and play 100% free think it's appropriate to scold those of us who have paid for them to play the game simply because we are concerned about getting what we paid for.

How about if you are too cheap to pay Perfect World employee salaries you let those of who are paying their salaries commiserate & vent about this issue that concerns us... but doesn't concern you. Mkay?
  • Options
    levixlushlevixlush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was one bar from 58 when the servers went down......here I am....waiting.

Darn you greedy exploiters. I'm a greedy Jew (yes I have Jewish ancestry) when it comes to AH etc but c'mon let's get real, you're ruining the experience for everyone else.

Also it makes me laugh how all the exploiters are saying "gg, bad game, learn to fix your games etc etc" Well, first off it is still in beta, and free to play. Then we have Diablo III on the other hand, which was in development for over a decade and was the biggest let down on Earth, which had it's own AH glitch just a week or so ago, caused by them! That game had had hundreds of millions of dollars poured into it. So let's just take that into account.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duplicate post. /sigh
  • Options
    damnyankeedamnyankee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    galekine wrote: »
    missed a part.....
    PWE: in light of recent events we will also institute a few class changes..... dmg increase for rogues and CW and nerf for gwf!
    and to compensate you for all the f-ups we will add a shiny new mount to zen market for only 5000 zen!

cant nerf the GWF cause then he be the SMF....lol
  • Options
    siderious133siderious133 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been waiting all day for someone to say exactly this. And I couldn't have said it better, myself.

Amen! Halleloo! Thank you!

And the exploiting scum want to SUE PWE! WTF? I don't want to live on this planet anymore!!

LEAVE THE DEVS ALONE!! ;)
  • Options
    mdgnolemdgnole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These kids refuse to believe that, however. The refuse to acknowledge it is their fault for the exploit going on for so long. The point of a Beta Test is so that the testers REPORT to the devs what is going on. No one did. instead, the greedy kids just said "Hey, there's no server wipe after Beta so I am going to slam this exploit for all it's worth, then if it gets "caught" I will swoop in at the last moment and look like I am one of the people reporting it."

Well said!!
  • Options
    jerunkjerunk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people calling for a wipe, because it's the only fix seem slightly naive. All that needs to be done is to run a sript report to find the abusing accounts, roll back those accounts and ban them. Remove all items bought and that fixes the issue and removes Cheated items from the community.

Problem solved, economy back to normal and we can all get on with our lives.
  • Options
    scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    Risking to be the bad guy now - but the founders pack doesnt automatically entitle you to elaborate premium extra services - you agreed to the same ToS as anyone else. You basically did an investment - like into a stock. When the stock isnt rising as you hoped for you wont be able to claim a refund either nor could you expect to get more information or service than any other.

So by your train of thought. You would have no prob with a rollback or wipe. Understood. Now are you ok with waiting 5 days to log in and play? As that's what some of us founders bought... a head start, as well as devalued and **** near worthless AD. Not to mention the Zen items that we may have bought as well.
    I am fine with a rollback/wipe. Just give me back my zen so i can repurchase what i have, and i want 5 days to play without most of you on the server. Just want what I paid for. As of now the 2 mill AD that came with my founders pack is worthless. I agree with Tredo. I feel like the founders are the ones getting F-K-ed here.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i VOTE WIPE .. I DONT WANNA SEE hacker have 200MIL DIAMOND , even HACKER GOT BANNED he have another char

please DONT MAKE THIS GAME SUCKS
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so whoopee some of them got a 72 hour ban that doesn't even matter cause none of us can play either I feel like my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was attacked by PWE here so you did nothing to them as I see it
  • Options
    vuzzlevuzzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a full roll back im probly done with this game ive spent the last 3 days lvling my rouge and CW to 60 and geting them t2 gear such a waste of time now
  • Options
    jimmy42jimmy42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait you don't want a wipe because you've put Real Money on a Toon that will be wiped upon launch... MAKES SENSE !!!!!
  • Options
    epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is so funny.. because everyone is like rollback for 24 hours or 48 hours.. what is that gonna help when the exploit has been going since the 25th of APR??? Unless I cant count that is 25 days. What a rollback of 2 days gonna do for the other 23 days?? Everyone saying that it isnt a simple fix is wrong. It is. Either you fix it right or you use duck tape and wait for it to happen again. Do you really want to get so far into the game and it died because of the simple things.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    Personally I wouldn't mind a wipe, if we just get the Zen back. I wouldn't have to spend Zen again to correct my mistakes and could spend them on something else. Would save me Zen's but not a good deal for FW :)
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Even though it devolved into calling each other idiots, I miss the IP banning/NAT discussion. At least both parties sounded more intelligent than the ones calling for/against wipes.
  • Options
    mockingmonkeymockingmonkey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    levixlush wrote: »
    I was one bar from 58 when the servers went down......here I am....waiting.

**** you greedy exploiters. I'm a greedy Jew (yes I have Jewish ancestry) when it comes to AH etc but c'mon let's get real, you're ruining the experience for everyone else.

Nothing else has worked so far
    So I'll wish upon a star
    Wondrous dancing speck of light
    I need a Jew

Lois makes me take the rap
    Cause our checkbook looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Since I can't give her a slap
    I need a Jew

Where to find
    A Baum or Steen or Stein
    To teach me how to whine and do
    my taaaaaxesss...

Though by many they're abhored
    Hebrew people I've adored
    Even though they killed my Lord
    I need a Jew

Max:
    Hi, my name's Max Weinstein,
    my car just broke down,
    can I use you phone?

Peter:
    Now my troubles are all through
    I have a Jew!
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just like I said! Earliest the server will go up tonight! Latest is tomorrow morning. After that they are still not done.
  • Options
    orantinaorantina Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The weekend is really when I get to spend time with my husband and so we play this together. We just killed the final boss in the dungeon that's in Blackdagger Ruins. We tried to do it yesterday but my heals kept aggro the boss and we were the absolute lowest level. We spent yesterday leveling up to 24 or 25 and we beat the boss despite the fact that we lost a player partway through and had to 4-man him. Hoot and holler for victory but before we finished killing the last of the adds, the server went down. I can only assume it's over this stuff.

I had no idea there was an exploit or that the economy broke or any of that.

I spent $40 on Zen and the hubby spent $20 so we could get extra character slots and open our lockboxes. It sucks to admit, but that's actually a lot of money for us to spend on something ultimately unimportant (I mean, it's just a darn game; it's not like it'll keep us fed or provide shelter, ne?). Therefore, I care about that Zen. If it turns out they refund purchased Zen, it'd be nice if they also gave back the lockboxes we opened or at least let us keep what we got out of them.

I don't know enough about programing to understand how difficult or easy all the different ideas are to actually implement, but I do understand that some ideas which seem great are just not feasible.

What I do know is that despite the fact that this game is free, it costs money to make and maintain. IF they don't have the money to keep it going, that's it. No more game. So really, I don't care how they fix the problem as long as the game doesn't go away. We like it very much so far and there's several things about it that I've just never experienced in other MMOs I've played. IF they need to pick the solution that appeases the people who paid for founders packs and bought lots of Zen with their hard-earned money, so be it. If they need to pick a different solution because it's more suitable to the game, then do that.

I will be very, very irritable (the hubby even more so 'cause he's not as laid-back as I am I think) if my $40 of Zen and my hubby's $20 essentially vanishes. I will also be a bit irked if I have to start over entirely because, well, I put a lot of time into the crafting and learning to play different classes.

I'll get over it. The game is just really, really fun and that's even taking into consideration the fact that my computer doesn't run the game nearly as smoothly as my husband's does (I get weird graphics, like stuff jutting out of nowhere and missing scenery, but it's still playable and I just use the Hubby's computer when he's at work).

And I know that the bug or exploit or whatever, it affected a lot of you much more than it effected me because we have different playing styles so I understand that the voices of those people should perhaps be louder than mine.

I just wanna play.

I don't much see the point of arguing here, though. I imagine the developers/etc would like to know how we feel about the issue, but is it honestly realistic to expect them to sort through fifteen million arguments to find those few important posts AND still get the problem solved quickly?

Hell, I probably wouldn't even be commenting at all except that I talk too much anyway and the rest of the house is too hot to do anything else because only the bedroom and computer room AC units work.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimmy42 wrote: »
    Wait you don't want a wipe because you've put Real Money on a Toon that will be wiped upon launch... MAKES SENSE !!!!!

Who told you that there will be a wipe upon launch?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    fangownedfangowned Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In conclusion its a Beta test phase,you invite players to test your game for possible flaws,there is no logic in banning your testers.If you want this game to have any future admit to your customers that your decision for naming it open beta or having a real money shop in a beta test phase was dishonest either way and that from now on you will support your customers and treat them with respect.Weather we like it or not,wipe is the only way for this game to roll again,otherwise everyone should open their eyes and see how they're getting exploited by a game company and move forward making this the 1st mmo of history that failed before even going live! My 2 cents..
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimmy42 wrote: »

They posted over and over that they arent wiping anything.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Are you really this F'N stupid? Or can you just not read.
    Not only was in reported in CB, it was reported repeatedly and ignored.
    And the same thing already happened in the STO game - so there is no excuse.

Can you get your fanboi hands off PWE's skrotum long enough to know anything?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They only need to roll the servers back between 24 and 48 hours. The exploitation that was going on before that was pretty much unnoticed by the majority of the population. The issue remains how to preserve the Zen/cash transactions that have occured. That is the biggest issue to take care of.
  • Options
    runawayofmerunawayofme Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
    Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.
    Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

omggg so many bug here. but i thinks this maintence its the best for alls. i hope tomorrow we can play Neverwinter D&D :)