What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how some morons can't read at all. There will be no server wipe! How dumb do you guys wanna be seriously? They have mentioned it at least 4 times now. Wake up.

As for the downtime. They are still coming up with "some kind of solution" which means even when they post the notes, the servers will still be down while they implement "this solution" so I wouldn't expect the servers to come back online any time soon.

Again, for the people who struggle reading, there will be no server wipe. If you want a refund I'd state your case to customer service/support and see what they can do for you. Sure as hell you won't be recieving a refund SCREAMING I want a refund! Gimme! a refund... kids...
  • Options
    bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rollback would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off
    A wipe would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off too, but it has a better chance of solving the issue now that you found the exploit. As long as you keep the ban hammer at hand and the exploits out of the game Neverwinter will be able to strive as one of the best MMOs out there!
  • Options
    threadedthreaded Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wish you fine gentlemen would go with the Poll thread and wipe it.

I mean, if it was close, then sure don't do it, but 61% of the populace wants it and from the looks of it I've seen a whole lot of your paying players wanting it too.

People don't like broken economies and I know for a fact that there's a rather substantial amount of free / cheap cat companions, both riding books, and various other stuff floating around because exploiters were just giving it away.

All of those things are pretty massive AD sinks, and without sinks the hyper inflation will remain.

Bite the bullet, do the right thing, and walk away with lessons learned so it doesn't happen again.
  • Options
    druiddragondruiddragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    siphuchien wrote: »
    Wipe it, release Drow race for everyone, and release Ranger class. Start from square one with new classes and race to try out.
    I'm with you i can handle a wipe and long as you ...say....release the last race and class ;)
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    DeathsArmada489a69ce50ef1.jpg

Arguing on the internet is still a step above posting old forum pics from the early aughts.
  • Options
    jattawayjattaway Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate the downtime, but I am glad they are doing it. Those that make use of exploits that break the economy for everyone else need to be banned. It needs to be permanent and it needs to be consistent.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 600+ votes 72% support a complete wipe.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 1800+ votes 60% support a complete wipe

listen to your players and just wipe the servers or gives us a new server!

4Noone cares about your silly vote. I have a job and do not want to waste time doing levels I have already done. Farming equipment I already have. Bidding on things at all hours of the night to get the items I need. Who cares about your stupid vote? They said there are not going to be any wipes.. deal with it or go play another game, those are your only 2 choices.
  • Options
    morph2404morph2404 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since there will be no full wipe, they need to at least do a full currency wipe then go back and reimburse the people that paid for zen.

However that still leads a flood of items out there from ill gotten ways...bleh a full wipe needs to happen.
  • Options
    lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Occupy faerun!!
  • Options
    britcom10britcom10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know one simple thing anyone have any Idea when the Servers will be back online?
  • Options
    ijaylaijayla Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *testing*

Hi, I'm brand new and want to play the game before I pass out tonight, can we come up with some kind of solution soon? Kthxbai.
  • Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm for wipes and so are the polls. I'm not sure why so many devs are trying to convince us they won't happen when the majority want them. And if losing a few hours or even a few weeks worth of progress is enough to upset you to the point of leaving ANY game you probably didn't enjoy it enough anyway. I've never seen someone play a single character without alts on any game they truly enjoyed.

Who do people think they are to deserve everything they want when they want it and screw everyone and everything else? As a Disabled Veteran it's pretty upsetting to realize these are the people my good friends and I have sacrificed so much for. If they react this way to a game we're screwed when it comes to real issues.

Besides, when a game isn't fun anymore and you feel hostility, anger, aggression, any of these would be a good indication it's a good time to find something else to do.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I hope the next person that asks about a wipe gets brain aids.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is doing an outstanding job keeping us updated. 15 twitter updates on the official twitter alone in one evening! Thats bloody amazing. Nothing else you can expect of them.

Now as for a full server wipe, that would affect too many people. The fact they are taking the time to root out those who cheated, and affect THEM, thats outstanding. It means honest folk which is the large majority of the player base, will be far less affected.

I am looking forward to the next update. The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Very happy to read this, because I do NOT support the punishment of honest players for the deeds of a few crooks. I don't care how many votes one side or the other has. The time for wipes and days-wide rollbacks was in closed beta, and that time has passed. I hope the crooks are dealt with swiftly and as severely as possible, but allowing their actions to heavily impact the rest of us would be giving the crooks one final "win".
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    riotpls2riotpls2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opening the game as "open beta" and stating that there would be no wipes was the worst idea ever. It's pretty common for these kind of exploits to show up when a lot of people are suddenly allowed to play around with a game that was previously locked down to a few 100 players.

In the last 2 weeks everyone leveled to 60 in a day, got tons of gear for free by exploiting dungeons (1 shooting bosses, pulling bosses out of their spot so no adds spawn, etc) and now this.

I'm sure for many people this is the final nail in the coffin. I feel sorry for the people who tried to play this game legit and are now royally screwed because the market is an absolute disaster.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They said the servers will not be wiped... You spent money on their market, they wouldn't wipe your stuff without reimbursement. Use some common sense people.

And it's the PAYING customers they really REALLY don't want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-off. Sure, the people that downloaded and play it without any of the microtransactions are nice to have around to keep the servers populated, but that ones that fork over the cash, they are the "real" playerbase they are trying to figure out how to NOT lose.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the good news is at we least we all learned something in this time of crisis.
    The community is **** and we all hate other... you god **** cheaters!
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is doing an outstanding job keeping us updated. 15 twitter updates on the official twitter alone in one evening! Thats bloody amazing. Nothing else you can expect of them.

Now as for a full server wipe, that would affect too many people. The fact they are taking the time to root out those who cheated, and affect THEM, thats outstanding. It means honest folk which is the large majority of the player base, will be far less affected.

I am looking forward to the next update. The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Very happy to read this, because I do NOT support the punishment of honest players for the deeds of a few crooks. I don't care how many votes one side or the other has. The time for wipes and days-wide rollbacks was in closed beta, and that time has passed. I hope the crooks are dealt with swiftly and as severely as possible, but allowing their actions to heavily impact the rest of us would be giving the crooks one final "win".
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

So you are saying the the posts about the staff knowing about this exploit, long ago, are unfounded?
  • Options
    yunalesscanyunalesscan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do not do a roll back, you are punishing everyone. I am not re leveling and waisting more time. Im done playing if you do
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    OK now you're just being silly, both of you. I can tell just by how you both word your technical explanations that neither of you should be on your high horse about this.

You want some of this too?!?!
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Selective rollback ? just a lot of time... complete rollback is necessary
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    my question is what will happen to the mules people mailed there <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to to keep it from being wiped
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WIPE WIPE WIPE if we the CUSTOMERS scream enough
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They said the servers will not be wiped... You spent money on their market, they wouldn't wipe your stuff without reimbursement. Use some common sense people.

And it's the PAYING customers they really REALLY don't want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-off. Sure, the people that downloaded and play it without any of the microtransactions are nice to have around to keep the servers populated, but that ones that fork over the cash, they are the "real" playerbase they are trying to figure out how to NOT lose.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Welp, you are SOL there, read PayPal's UA:

This is why I always use the double method of payment... Paypal using credit card... where one fails to protect me the other picks up the ball. That said, I have gotten at least 2 refunds from Paypal regarding intangible things I've purchased. If it falls under the "service" category that changes things. Zen is a service not a good. You don't buy the intangible goods until AFTER you buy the zen. Fact is... doesn't matter what a user agreement says... they have to follow certain laws. Good faith purchases that are exploited by fraudulent or negligent business practices fall into that category. Putting that on their user agreement just scares off people like you from making a claim. Saves them money/hassle.
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Yea that $$$ spent so far is probably the sticky point they are likely working on.

More than likely.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Just remember it seems that the people that want the wipes bought ZEN........if they feel chested and leave and they dont buy ZEN, then that is less money for the server.....if enough of that leaves game dies.
  • Options
    seattlescirenseattlesciren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, going on 6 hours and still getting the finalizing details before action posts.
  • Options
    humanfacadehumanfacade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jose Cuervo For the WIN!!! *hiccups*