What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    bld1bld1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so this "wipe"? does that mean the 90$ i spent on this game in trade for AD so i could get a FAIR phoera, fire archon, and wererat thief will be gone? cuz if it is im going to be seriously mad... :(
  • Options
    popeonarope101popeonarope101 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.
    http://i.qkme.me/3rbi1b.jpg

Maybe a song to lighten the mood? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw
  • Options
    metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you find a way to remove the epics and AD off the mule accounts the economy is still going to be fubard.
    Another economic meltdown under the Obama administration. When will this corruption end.
  • Options
    ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 600+ votes 72% support a complete wipe.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 1800+ votes 60% support a complete wipe

listen to your players and just wipe the servers or gives us a new server!
  • Options
    humanfacadehumanfacade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Init 22 b-16 :D
  • Options
    dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurokazept wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and ask a wtf thing but...

Has anyone thought if there's something, as we, the community of players can do to reestabilish a fair economy?

Afterall we do kinda run the Auction House...

So yeah... Instead of just going "NUKE IT!" ever thought about... I dunno "Terraforming"?...

Excellent point. Please put on this red shirt and beam down to the planet.
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Better get to the store to get more before the democrats lower the legal limit to .05.

It's ok my beer store is walkable :)
  • Options
    lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell, at this point just make the exploit common knowledge and acceptable in terms of service. So, if you need to buy something in game, you will just need to break down and cheat to get it. Now bring the F'n servers back up.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is doing an outstanding job keeping us updated. 15 twitter updates on the official twitter alone in one evening! Thats bloody amazing. Nothing else you can expect of them.

Now as for a full server wipe, that would affect too many people. The fact they are taking the time to root out those who cheated, and affect THEM, thats outstanding. It means honest folk which is the large majority of the player base, will be far less affected.

I am looking forward to the next update. The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »

listen to your players and just wipe the servers or gives us a new server!

agreed! With a full refund of any real money spent, of course!
  • Options
    towematertowemater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone seen Waldo???
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok this went past being bull**** hours ago you have multiple people who should be on call or at work to deal with a situation like this. If the servers aren't up in the next couple of hours I'm taking my money and spending it on another game I also enjoy playing that game is Star Wars The Old Republic. After this situation I will be hard pressed to even consider returning and while I may be the most vocal I am sure that I am not the only player who pays money on this game who feels this way and will probably do the same thing.

You clearly have no idea how complicated and involved it is to clean up a mess like this without resorting to using meat cleaver like tactics so please calm down and get off your self entitlement horse. It's not like the Devs are sitting around playing ping pong instead of working on this, I'm sure they're doing everything they possibly can as quickly as they can to address this. Look at Diablo 3, they had a similar issue with their auction house and it had to be taken down for DAYS so I think a few hours is tolerable.

Also I can't encourage you enough to please feel free to leave and play Star Wars: The Old Republic if you really are so self absorbed that you believe this is all about you and if you're only means of communication is threats and intimidation, we have enough of that in zone chat already.
  • Options
    bladevisebladevise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djfloppy wrote: »
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE...this discussion reminds me of a certain south park episode.......

Removing the stupid from a nerdrage thread is like trying to scrub a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @JSFarr_VA We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this.

AHH! finally a little progress that we can see!
  • Options
    darkwingduck315darkwingduck315 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As soon as republicans like you realize that it was bush / his father / and the actor you all put in office. But yea.. its obama fault.. /rolls eye. He was the one that sent this country to war. Weapons of mass destruction.

Any how... if they wipe the characters there going to have to refund every single PENNY people spent on the game so far.

You do the math...
  • Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoL, next thing the IRS will be targeting Zen exchange market! :)
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
    Okay you ban most all the guys that have ridiculous amounts of diamonds..
    The Auction house is a place where players trade amongst eachother, there are very little advantages you can get with a ton of astral diamonds, what can you get?.. some zen points and buy a nice looking mount and companion? how, pray-tell-me does that affect the other players.
    Using the auction house is optional as a point of trade, you dont HAVE to use it at all, you can simply go get your own materials, i was online and except for the few minus bid auction items i bypassed, every other piece being sold was at a decent price so nothing was really that bad, it was just the very rare few odd individuals that had more diamonds, sheesh just fix the AH, wipe their diamonds and that be it.;):D:p:o
    [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

um its not just the ah...... since launch its been one exploit after another, u now have after less then a month from ob launch people with 1 of each class capped on level gear companions everything that should have taken months to achieve. banning the offenders does nothing because they cant even get a small portion of it back.
    70% of the people on poles want a wipe. and if you gained all your stuff correctly ( no cheating) how inconvenient would that be? game only launched recently not much invested. they would reset zen founders yada yada yada
    so the only ones truly inconvenienced would be the exploiters who wouldnt know how to get back thier levels gear the right way. granted if you spent months getting cap level gear etc.. i could understand not wanting wipe but days? wipe it lets move on
  • Options
    plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Supported rollback earlier, defiantly want a wipe now. Fresh slate.
  • Options
    jgb8jgb8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They keep saying they haven't decided on the course of action. Which seemingly equates to - they don't know what to do. So instead of trying to fix the problem they've just been gathering account data and sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.
  • Options
    slomike0138slomike0138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dystarr wrote: »
    We tried terraforming. The company set us down on the wrong planet. The alien exploiters came out at night, mostly. Take off, nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

I agree totally
  • Options
    aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said the servers will not be wiped... You spent money on their market, they wouldn't wipe your stuff without reimbursement. Use some common sense people.
  • Options
    shadathshadath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you find a way to remove the epics and AD off the mule accounts the economy is still going to be fubard.
    Another economic meltdown under the Obama administration. When will this corruption end.

Considering all their talk before about selective rollbacks on everything that was gotten illegitimately with this exploit, yes, they apparently are doing just that, so a complete wipe is not necessary. if anything, a complete wipe would probably be a very massive mistake.

just let them do their jobs. :)
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. legit Zen was bought today (I bought Zen with my CC for a respect and some keys)
    2. I have bought Zen before (all legit)
    3. While sure yea wipe wouldn't discourage me from re-leveling my GWF at 44 I would be upset (even with a zen refund which they would have to do)
    4. I am glad they say no wipe because personally I don't feel that is the solution you would get founders saying for however many days advance playtime they should get again which isn't fair to non-founders who have played the game without cheating
    5. as a foundry creator who spends tons of time with mob and npc costuming etc. I would be upset to restart projects I have save both published and non-published.
    6. yes this whole thing is very frustrating but they are working on it and I believe the ultimate plan of action will take everyone into consideration (also ignore the player made polls they don't actually show real data, in fact some ppl who clicked the wipe option might of done so out of pure annoyance at first and maybe have rethought it now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bld1 wrote: »
    so this "wipe"? does that mean the 90$ i spent on this game in trade for AD so i could get a FAIR phoera, fire archon, and wererat thief will be gone? cuz if it is im going to be seriously mad... :(

Yea that $$$ spent so far is probably the sticky point they are likely working on.
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    Wow? Network Engineer? So you know how to plug in cables?

OK now you're just being silly, both of you. I can tell just by how you both word your technical explanations that neither of you should be on your high horse about this.
  • Options
    humanfacadehumanfacade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    It's ok my beer store is walkable :)

** Pours shots all around ** Cheers to those who have the right idea!!

`Senior Jose Cuervo`
  • Options
    bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rollback would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off
    A wipe would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off too, but it has a better chance of solving the issue now that you found the exploit. As long as you keep the ban hammer at hand and the exploits out of the game Neverwinter will be able to strive as one of the best MMOs out there!
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    Idiot. I am now calling you an idiot because you are an idiot. I have been writing networking, proxy, corporate firewall, and enterprise authentication code long before you were likely born. NAT is 95# of the problem. Other 5% is dynamic IP but my guess this game isnt popular enough that computers, that actually could reuse the same dynamic IP address, would all be playing Neverwinter.

You have done nothing of the sort an you know it. You have read about it for some time no doubt, but you have not written jack squat and you know it. NAT has nothing to do with the validity of a IP address ban, anyone who knows anything about the subject will agree. You selectively quote text and do not answer the questions asked. You are not a Blizzard employee, you are a politician(oh yeah I went there).

I will just say this and leave it.

NAT modifies the header(this is NAT not a proxy and most end users are using PAT). Non proxied IP traffic passing through NAT can be traced back to the originating IP address. Banning that IP address is not effective because the user or users that have that address at the time the ban is issued may not be the same as those that had it at the time it was used to exploit. This is all assuming that there was no account compromise at the end user level. NAT has nothing to do with it, there was no need to call anyone an idiot. Best of luck to you going forward writing your own history.
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

So you are saying the the posts about the staff knowing about this exploit, long ago, are unfounded?