What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like a pointless endevor to make a new shard here when on twitter they already stated they planned on merging the shards in time so once that happens the over all shard will have a **** eco too
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    You're right getting to 60 only takes a couple of days and that's when the game begins, what takes longer is the hundreds of hours invested in crafting and obtaining T2 & T3 gear & high level enchantments.

What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.

Wrongo mr leveling genius, some of us can only play an hour or so a day or less. It took me considerably longer to level to 60 not to mention the days I spent getting my Crafting skill up, don't be so free to throw away other peoples time...some of us value time more than money.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope to get in game soon. Drinking beer starting now until I get back into game(and probably when i get back into game too). Hopefully I dont pass out.
  • Options
    bigglesviibigglesvii Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    From the latest news it sounds like a rollback. I know its never good to presume but as they have ruled out a wipe and stated they wouldn't need to go that far back this seems the most likely outcome.
    Looking for reviews please:
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Blackdagger: NW-DEPMC17EW
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Rothe Valley: NW-DD3FM9CHY
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Helm's Hold: NW-DG17WKDTC (NEW)
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they roll back and I lose my level 60. I am quitting. It doesn't take a few days to get to level 60. It took a few days when people exploited the foundry exp. It took me a few weeks to get to level 60. Of course not fully always questing/pvping/duneon runs.
  • Options
    anispounderanispounder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So do you guys think the servers will be back up tonight?
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So there will be no wipe as they will loose too much money and customers.
    Even rollbacks are going to upset a lot of their player base, especially ones that do not even know what is going on atm.

Rock and a hard place comes to mind.
  • Options
    iicepik257iicepik257 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    Risking to be the bad guy now - but the founders pack doesnt automatically entitle you to elaborate premium extra services - you agreed to the same ToS as anyone else. You basically did an investment - like into a stock. When the stock isnt rising as you hoped for you wont be able to claim a refund either nor could you expect to get more information or service than any other.

I agree to a point. There are rules so the real markets cant be exploited and peeps get f*&((*& in real life as well. If the market crashes for a normal reason (non corrupt) to bad so sad.
  • Options
    ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks this is the poll that is going on atm. for a full wipe or not and at, we are 71% for a full wipe with allmost 400 votes
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realize that for some of us it takes many weeks because we have jobs, families, responsibilities, other interests. We don't have the luxury to sit at our computer 12 hours a day and play a game.

I'm not quite sure what the relevance of that point is with regards to this conversation.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    You can't devalue something that has no real-world monetary value.

If it had no real-world monetary value there would be no zen sold. Purchasing something, even a service, has a monetary value. If you do not receive the goods/services you purchased that is fraud. At least inside the USA (where the company is operating from) there are laws governing contracts. A contract is only a contract as long as both sides are upholding it. As a consumer, you purchase zen in good faith that it is to be used to buy virtual items that you "own" on your character. If those items do not exist, then you have grounds for a refund and if that is not forthcoming then you have grounds for legal recourse to resolve the matter.

TL;DR Companies who sell virtual items in games have an obligation to deliver what they sold you. So it does have value in the real-world. Otherwise it would be illegal for them to take your money. This falls under a "service" rather than a tangible item.
  • Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe, its the only fair way to fix this issue, there is no account that has not been effected by this exploit if you had something on the AH and then sold some of your zen you was effected! By not wiping your slaping us in the face.. I'm a founder but in truth 5 days of playing before anyone else just took away from the fun of the game over all, a Wipe and refunding all zen paid for would be a clean fix... No one will be happy with roll backs... u cant catch them all
  • Options
    serudis1serudis1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could care less what happens to my characters. I just hope my foundry quests aren't harmed by the possible outcome. I've spent way to much of my time working on them.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    Risking to be the bad guy now - but the founders pack doesnt automatically entitle you to elaborate premium extra services - you agreed to the same ToS as anyone else. You basically did an investment - like into a stock. When the stock isnt rising as you hoped for you wont be able to claim a refund either nor could you expect to get more information or service than any other.

I didn't buy a ****ing stock, I purchased a product and that product has turned out to be defective. The manufacturer of the product is responsible for it functioning properly. If it does not function properly, they are responsible for a) fixing it so it works properly or b) refunding what was paid for the product that can't be fixed. You don't buy something and hope it works. Stupid analogy.
  • Options
    ronkdebracheronkdebrache Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the servers ever online? Everytime I feel like playing, the servers are offline.

I come to these forums to find out whats going on and all I can find is this one moderator spamming the dev thread with replies which make no sense because I dont know what he is answering to. Something like "Thanks for the information, we are working on this very hard." Working on what?!

Starting to lose my hope with this game. ^^
  • Options
    raxxis373raxxis373 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen.[/color][/b]

So this just means that we will be playing on servers with broken economies.

Yay for lazy companies.
  • Options
    panini49panini49 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not have even noticed that there was an issue if the servers were not taken down.

Just sayin'
  • Options
    talg8ortalg8or Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b4sik wrote: »
    And how many years will it take to give us the details?
    This IS a beta, right? This is when we want the problems to occur and the debugging to occur.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    jjeshop wrote: »

Yeah I know... I was there... Perfect World does this stuff. They don't follow the conventions of what the gaming world considers beta. Perfect World makes stuff up as they go along. Anything to fund themselves creatively. I assume they needed a loan & couldn't get it so they borrowed from their gamers at zero percent interest rate in beta. LOL

Fact is... they always launch games open to the public without any future wipes and call it "open beta" so when something like this happens they have a fall back excuse and the gaming community generally assumes they understand the term "open beta". So they use the common knowledge from other games, break the conventions, but expect everyone to pretend like they aren't breaking conventions. That... is a full final launch with a fallback... not open beta. LOL

You seem to ignore the fact that closed beta had Zen purchasing, too. And that, at the end of closed beta, all purchased Zen was refunded into the buyers' game accounts.
    Yes, PWE does things differently from other publishers. Sometimes, they don't go about things in the best way. But if you think that opening the game up to the public for the purposes of finding & fixing exploits, bugs, & server-load issues isn't an open beta, then you might want to rethink your definitions.
  • Options
    plainordinaryguyplainordinaryguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to clarify something... when you say the "plan of action" isn't yet determined... does that mean that you haven't actually started fixing things? Be straight with us, here...

When the initial assessment of 1 hour downtime was given... was that just hot air?

Can we expect to be playing at all tonight/today?
  • Options
    cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I hope to get in game soon. Drinking beer starting now until I get back into game(and probably when i get back into game too). Hopefully I dont pass out.

I might just join ya! Cheers!
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • Options
    fiskfpfiskfp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining guys. They are doing the best they can. Obviously its a bigger fkup then they thought at first, so throw them a bone. The're trying to meet our demands as much as they can. I infact think that they are **** good at keeping us informed with the information they can give us.
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    NAT is the #1 reason an IP ban wont be valid. You keep strengthening my answer, not weakening it. Please, keep commenting. You are only helping my case.

Again the dynamic nature of publicly routed IP address spaces in the end user realm is the reason that an IP ban is not feasible. NAT has nothing to do with it. You have no case, you were wrong from the start. However we have lifted you up so that your knuckles are no longer dragging in the dirt and you are now almost making sense, not say "WOW" at the beginning of every post and not calling everyone an idiot.
  • Options
    anispounderanispounder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks this is the poll that is going on atm. for a full wipe or not and at, we are 71% for a full wipe with allmost 400 votes
    I don't think it is going to matter what the poll says, the admins already said no rollbacks.
  • Options
    fermpfermp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    Here's a solution, open a new shard and make the decision to start over optional. Guarantee it's the most popular shard you'll have. Clean slate for those of us that want it.

This is the most sensible thing said so far, and it's been said by multiple people. Bunch of dumb nubs talking about wipes and ****. Yea, sure I'm level 55 and I should go back to level 1 because of other peoples exploits. **** that. Banhammer those idiots and move on. AH prices f'd up? What game doesn't have that problem? The devs have to figure that out, let them have some time to do so before you complain that they aren't doing anything.

Also, the rest of you nubs asking for your money back. I doubt highly there is a game out there that hasn't been exploited paid monthly or not. I've seen subscription games give some "time" back, but NEVER, EVER money. You won't get that back even if you have your mums call and yell. It's gone, get over it.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raxxis373 wrote: »
    So this just means that we will be playing on servers with broken economies.

Yay for lazy companies.

A Broken economy is one where no one spends any money, yes, stuff might be devalued for a while, but the economy will recover at some point.
  • Options
    nwinuenwinue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atasi246 wrote: »
    If a full wipe is not in the plans, then I will be quitting. Its ****ing stupid to have a full day or even two of my time wasted, when I had nothing to do with the exploit. Id rather start from scratch with a full refund then have to start and do the ****ing pirate zone over again.

Oh this is pure comedy. A full day wasted by not being able to play a game - or is it not being able to replay? Need some more grammatical accuracy there.

I'd like to thank the developers and the company for the following:
    • Working on a sunday
    • Supporting concerns in the gaming community for a free MMO while in beta
    • Rectifying the problem and developing an action plan

Working in software development I understand how much work it is taking to go through and review/research, update and reload. Thanks for the professionalism and the quick response and updates. It goes a long way.
  • Options
    belgarion44belgarion44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but unless we are going to be credited the zen used on the characters we have spent then no vote on a full wipe.

You guys are getting nuts over a beta ed of an online mmo that people of all levels enjoy. Not everyone pl's themselves to 60 in 2 days and some of us enjoy the game fr that a GAME.

Remember folks this is an open beta.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigglesvii wrote: »
    From the latest news it sounds like a rollback. I know its never good to presume but as they have ruled out a wipe and stated they wouldn't need to go that far back this seems the most likely outcome.

Kinda funny since this AH exploit has been in use since the head start, just not in the same scale and it wasn't that largely known.. I wonder what the reasoning behind "wouldn't need to go that far back" is, since clearly, that's what they need to do in order to fix the issue..
  • Options
    jmiezie211jmiezie211 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »

^This guy gets it