test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• koromiyashikoromiyashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete Wipe. As a Person with almost 2 60s in full T2 and a lot of time spent I wouldn't mind. It's better for the economy. Hopefully people who've invested can sort somethings out other than that. Not quite sure what to say. Rollbacks and anything else don't seem to fix all the issues so far.
  • thoriandsnthoriandsn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe w/zen refund and perm ban for exploiters.
    If they exploited before they will do it again!
  • frodinthronefrodinthrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The matter of the fact is there is not going to be a wipe as they stated in there twitter so that begin said

#request close topic.

The matter of fact is they stated they weren't considering a roll-back, then stealth edited the post to say the opposite, then completely removed any reference to a roll-back in the post. Unless the company CEO is on Twitter duty this evening I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
  • mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe with no mercy
  • aft3rmath3raseraft3rmath3raser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cmon mods, wipe it, ban the exploiters, give us back what we paid for and start over. This way everything will reset and anyone with millions of AD cannot affect the AH anymore. It will also fix anyone elses accounts that had used any other exploits as well. Its the best option. Anyone that says different has probably used exploits anyways. As Nike says, just do it.
  • paputsapaputsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want them to of course fix the problem in the programming, and then I want them to take down the zen market and auction, disallow negative betting(natural numbers only plz), and let me back on. I want them to lock the accounts that were exploiting and search for any mules attached in the following days including finding accounts played using the same ip. I would like them to rollback on the zen market for anyone who made purchases without using their real money. Even though I'm not pouring any cash into this game anytime soon, it's just good customer service to not to mess with a founder who coughed up $199.99 for this game. It's possible to play the game without going to the market. I haven't gotten so far in the game where I just sit around in it all day playing ebay but I definitely don't want a full wipe. Can't you do some fancy computer thing where you make a few little apps to look at the server history and change all the bets to where they'd end up as they should if there weren't exploits? How long should that take? :p While we're at it.

Then again I don't know how data is stored on this game. I don't even know if anything like a rollback is possible. Do what is best. Take all the time that you need. Never? Winter?
  • towematertowemater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Refund zen, ban the b-heads, wipe and let's get back to playing!!! It sucks with the work I have put in, but the game will be screwed if it doesnt get cleaned up now...
  • satjitsatjit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Usually a lurker, never a poster.Honestly in this situation, taking the "open beta" servers down for a few days, plugging all the known major issues, wiping, then giving the promised early start and reset zen/ad to founders etc and relaunching = everyone unhappy but the game will be more stable. If PW fails to do anything close to this the faith in the company is lost, new players will fail to trust the company. If the ppl who lost chars, sweet loot really love the game then replaying a few weeks of lost time won't hurt that bad.

Realize this game has had/still has, a dozen or so fairly serious exploits from dungeon chests, bosses, loots, exp, foundry, AH, mail, afk pvp etc. A real wipe would clear all this. Those complaining are the majority of those kids that would lose their epeeness from using said exploits. They will get over it and probably pick up playing again or spend more $$$ to get back to same point.

Just my views ... I'll go back to lurking, peace!
  • clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    I love watching idiots whine and complain about others complaing. The fact is they can't wipe, they have taken money and in a sense you have leased that property. They can't take that away period. Otherwise they will have lawsuits out the ying yang.

Beside wiping won't fix the actual **** problem lol. There are lots of exploits. It will take another month to fix them all. Until then this is what we will have to deal with as they fix the problems. Deal with it... Their logs tell them everything, not all of us should have to suffer because lazy skillless people who have to cheat or exploit in order to gain.

Ya unless the situation is mended.
    LRN2LAW

So they could refund the actual money the people paid, or wipe and start them off with the X amount of AD/Zen they had.

Now which sounds better from a business stand-point?
  • gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cash sales in closed beta was a big mistake. They should have learned from games like D3 that have had their game plagued by exploiters sense closed beta. you HAVE to stomp out the exploits BEFORE you let people ruin the games economy, the game company's profits, and the fun for everyone else. An exploiter is claiming to have made 6k$ off exploiting and selling sense day 1 of open beta. You should have waited until launch for cash sales, and now the econ is completely janked. Wipe is the only way.
    give players back zen, dont give them money back so there arent a rediculous amount of refunds, and wipe. I want this mmo to keep going, learn from this mistake, its not too late to fix it. don't leave gaps or exploiters unharmed. wiping is the sure way.
  • gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cash sales in closed beta was a big mistake. They should have learned from games like D3 that have had their game plagued by exploiters sense closed beta. you HAVE to stomp out the exploits BEFORE you let people ruin the games economy, the game company's profits, and the fun for everyone else. An exploiter is claiming to have made 6k$ off exploiting and selling sense day 1 of open beta. You should have waited until launch for cash sales, and now the econ is completely janked. Wipe is the only way.
    give players back zen, dont give them money back so there arent a rediculous amount of refunds, and wipe. I want this mmo to keep going, learn from this mistake, its not too late to fix it. don't leave gaps or exploiters unharmed. wiping is the sure way.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe the whole economy, refund RM purchased zen. Rollback the AH so the legit people can get what they sold back
  • rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring on the Wipe. Leave the Bans in place. They Knew what they were doing and they deserved it. In a Beta it is your Job to report exploits not use them to your advantage. /facepalm no one understands how beta work any more.
  • sircainsircain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Re-leveling characters and re-gearing characters? No thanks, try to punish the people who did whatever it was and move on. Wiping does nothing at this stage but loose mass numbers of people. I'm 60 myself and in t2 dungeons, even made my own foundry mission and working on a second one. To loose all that would make me never play again and I know I am not alone. Those people screaming for wipes? Yeah scream as much as you want, just remember.. A lot of us will leave and the economy will be even worse. Roll backs I might be able to deal with so long as they are characters only and not foundry maps. If the roll backs are greater then 1-2 days.. no that's just too much.
    Simple math, the game has been out (we all know by now open beta is basically the bumpy release) and shouldn't have any wipes. Bringing them up now will cut out all those people who played for that reason. Doing that this early in the games life will kill it. You loose maybe I'd say about 40-55% of the players because that is usually the common mmo player number for normal and casual gamers. For example, say we loose 50% of 1.5 million players. Players play for around 3 hours a day everyday on avg for this purpose. That would mean you would loose 750000 x (3+7) = 7500000 hours of game play spent farming, leveling, doing dungeons, and what not. That means less people getting the raw materials/items for the market causing higher prices and less people to do dungeons with. Not to mention since they are the casual-normal player group, they are the prime people for demand of level 60 epic buying. Making those prices go down even more simply because no one wants to buy it because they have it or are close to having it. As far as professions go and items you only get from there.. those will go up in price by alot. have fun paying 40k ad for a mining claim and 20k ad for a tier 2 epic. Those extra hours people have to sit buy and watch a profession finish to get them will be the biggest hit because anyone can do that.

TDLR;
    Wipe will be worse then anything. Read my post if you actually care to read instead of flame.
  • tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would PW not do a wipe? Hmm, could it be that they were also getting kick backs from say AD exploits, due to people purchasing extra Zen to get more AD. Yes, I'm pointing a finger. Wipe it and prove your the better company, otherwise your proving nothing but your greed.
  • wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My letter of resignation…
    This is my first game to pay for anything with real world money and I was skeptical but assuming no harm can come from it here we go, spent 200$ on founders and another $300 on enough ZEN to last me for a long time. All is going great and now this BS rises up and I feel devastated, can only imagine what the DEV team feels like. There is no way to fix this and make everyone happy, nothing they can do to repair such hate that has been aimed at this game and it will forever be damaged from this. Now I sit here reading all this input from the community and ponder my next move. That move is to quit before I loose even more time and money, sure I will dispute what charges I can and try to recover some $ but it will most likely be written off in my head as a long night with strippers that I can never get back but had allot of fun doing it… Peace out Never Winter thanks for the hard phucking…..
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A less harsh solution would be to wipe out all existing AD and perma ban all parties that exploited the bug leave everything else alone. It's not fair to eliminate everyone's progress after giving assurances there would be no wipes after Closed Beta ended. It's one thing if they have to unintentionally punish everyone, but they should minimize that damage by not destroying our characters. A worse public relations issue would be them wiping and reniging on a promise of no wipes.
  • tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open a new shard and let those of us who want a clean economy migrate there.
  • vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #newserverplease
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sircain wrote: »
    Re-leveling characters and re-gearing characters? No thanks, try to punish the people who did whatever it was and move on. Wiping does nothing at this stage but loose mass numbers of people. I'm 60 myself and in t2 dungeons, even made my own foundry mission and working on a second one. To loose all that would make me never play again and I know I am not alone. Those people screaming for wipes? Yeah scream as much as you want, just remember.. A lot of us will leave and the economy will be even worse. Roll backs I might be able to deal with so long as they are characters only and not foundry maps. If the roll backs are greater then 1-2 days.. no that's just too much.
    Simple math, the game has been out (we all know by now open beta is basically the bumpy release) and shouldn't have any wipes. Bringing them up now will cut out all those people who played for that reason. Doing that this early in the games life will kill it. You loose maybe I'd say about 40-55% of the players because that is usually the common mmo player number for normal and casual gamers. For example, say we loose 50% of 1.5 million players. Players play for around 3 hours a day everyday on avg for this purpose. That would mean you would loose 750000 x (3+7) = 7500000 hours of game play spent farming, leveling, doing dungeons, and what not. That means less people getting the raw materials/items for the market causing higher prices and less people to do dungeons with. Not to mention since they are the casual-normal player group, they are the prime people for demand of level 60 epic buying. Making those prices go down even more simply because no one wants to buy it because they have it or are close to having it. As far as professions go and items you only get from there.. those will go up in price by alot. have fun paying 40k ad for a mining claim and 20k ad for a tier 2 epic. Those extra hours people have to sit buy and watch a profession finish to get them will be the biggest hit because anyone can do that.

TDLR;
    Wipe will be worse then anything. Read my post if you actually care to read instead of flame.

The issue is if there is no wipe then the economy will forever be broken with billions of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds and Equipment floating on the market. A total wipe is the only surefire way to start from scratch. But never fear they already stated that isnt going to happen so in essence the game will forever be broken because of this. Regardless of how you feel!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I find it interesting that people with Hero of the North tags overwhelmingly vote for a wipe.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sircain wrote: »

TDLR;

the freeloaders will not be missed and will be easily replaced by GOOD PR, many people who spent real world currency & planned to down the road will leave and many will do chargebacks all who leave if they have any balls and are smart. don't worry about your STO accounts, that game is a pos. not to mention, you'd be giving the company on another front when it deserves none at all when it forces people to be stuck in a game where there will still be players , once again, hiding on mule accounts far more than what you actually paid for in real world currency. that is not ****ing fair at all, and I will always be pissed off and thinking about every time I play until a wipe or next weekend comes when I chargeback if one isn't finally sensibly announced and seriously planned.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • zenwinterzenwinter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its too late cryptic, you brought this game out of the world just 1 month but too many failures, then im pretty sure there will be tons of bugs and exploits in ur game.

either rollback or wipe , IM OUT.
    this game should have been awesome if you put more of your investment in.
    pretty disappointed !

i hunted the t2 stuff, nice time with epic dungeons.but now gotta say good bye cos its not worth.

cant believe ur game just survive 1 month like this.awful!

if anyone intend to get back to this game then trust me , sooner or later , a new exploits would happen and you gon be wandering around this 4rum and drop ur sadness .

just waste ur time.
  • ronkdebracheronkdebrache Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just shut down all the servers, which already probably are down due to some emergency fix theyre doing again... And never bring them up again.
  • nomadninjanomadninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously what else can you do then full wipe?
    By handing out the 72h bans to previous exploiters, it was same as saying exploiting is allowed. Now it just hit PWE back double time by inflating their cash shop.

But to be honest, i dont really care anymore. Without a wipe the game is not worth playing. With wipe, im not sure if i bother leveling a new character anymore.

You think that is bad, these people trying silence the anti-exploiters whistle blowers.
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ok, dunno why it did that.
    edited May 2013
    the freeloaders will not be missed and will be easily replaced by GOOD PR, many people who spent real world currency & planned to down the road will leave and many will do chargebacks all who leave if they have any balls and are smart. don't worry about your STO accounts, that game is a pos. not to mention, you'd be giving the company on another front when it deserves none at all when it forces people to be stuck in a game where there will still be players , once again, hiding on mule accounts far more than what you actually paid for in real world currency. that is not ****ing fair at all, and I will always be pissed off and thinking about every time I play until a wipe or next weekend comes when I chargeback if one isn't finally sensibly announced and seriously planned.
    Atleast you read it I guess. The last person who quoted me clearly didn't. Also those mule accounts would be in one form or another linked to the main account. They had to trade, have contact, or even used the same computer to access those accounts. So as far as mule accounts go.. yeah that's the gathering data part. Figuring out who's who on those silly mules. Screaming and running around about how the world is falling isn't helping anything. If you decide to quit then quit, no need to try and drag as many people down as you can before you go. It's just not friendly
    edited May 2013
    The Extended FAQ states:
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?
    Yes.
    Hmm, wouldn't it be advisable to adhere to your own Statements?
    edited May 2013
    tommy6pack wrote: »
    The Extended FAQ states:
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?
    Yes.
    Hmm, wouldn't it be advisable to adhere to your own Statements?
    Headstart has already happened so they did that
    edited May 2013
    We're in Beta, not Live, so Early Head Start has not happened yet... But, if they can do it once. They can surely do it again for such a serious exploit is my point.