test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    magizoroastmagizoroast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda like this also

kajiwht wrote: »
    There are SEVERAL!!! bugs... and has been several bugs... including how to kill mobs or bosses throwing them into the pit... or pulling them outside the boss room and making it stand still... dungeons u can completly skip jumping from ledges, and so the list goes on... including the elite mobs in the foundry hole
    the Auction house bug IS NOT the only bug around people have been exploiting... and although there is a major difference in consequence for the "world" here... that also made epic gear be worth **** on AH... u can find tier 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 2000 AD... I dont think it was intended to be sold for that amount... or be that common...
    for this reason I`m in favor of a full wipe.... with conditions:
    1- all founder pack AD restored to full, itens and tokens (they are the ones paying for the bill... they should not be punished for that)
    2- all zen should be refunded (not money back... fresh zen back... as if they had just bought them) (this goes in the same as the previous one... most of us may not want to pay for this game... and we should be glad some people are willing to do so.. else we wouldnt hav this game at all... someone has to pay the bill)
    3- fix all known bugs and exploits
    4- bonus AD based on ur current level (lvl 60 = 300k AD + 60 divine coin, lvl 30 = 100k AD + 30 divine coin, lvl 15 = 50k AD + 15 divine coin, under = 0) as a reward for our hard working beta testing and time spent
    5- IF we have level reset... making this game a LIL more difficult mid tier (20-45) and more difficult to level (45-60) atm one can get a char lvl 60 in 3-4 days in a party... what's the fun in that?
    6- IF NOT level reset... give all players a current level full gear (green and blue) and change the guardian starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare and hero of the north starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare off-hand (they already have a very rare main hand)
    7- ease a bit on the AD itens price and taxes. 50k to unbind a rank 5 is a bit of a joke...

A decent accomplished lvl 60 would get 400k AD + 1 respect token to play around his skills
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 guardian would get 1m AD + 2 respect tokens (1 from founder pack)
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 hero would get 2.4m AD + 2 respect tokens
  • Options
    latefwlatefw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if they won't wipe or take any radical steps to erase items gained through exploiting through the course of these weeks (don't know how they could do it in hours without a wipe, but they probably can't), I'll consider looking after a new game to play with less bugs and actually competent developers. It was cool while it lasted, I played completely legit, as I always avoid cheating from miles away, but please learn to program and to find/fix bugs. Or maybe it is too late...
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asyaru wrote: »
    Wipe everything, remove astral diamonds from the game, tune down alot the gold drop in-game, make zen purchasable with in-game gold. Done, no more problems.

tl;dr : Go wipe or go home.

Love it! makes sense to me.
  • Options
    imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Full item WIPE, leave the Characters, i dont wanna level up all over again.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bG4pbZF.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, my husband who just bought his bear mount is gonna go ballistic. I'm not too keen on losing the items I bought with zen either. And for people who've hit 60 having to start over?!?

A wipe is going to make more people angry than happy.

And by the way, don't be fooled. "Open Beta" = the game is live and can take money on the zen market but still can still technically used the "we're just beta" tag to have bugs and unexpected downtime that no one being can complain about it.

I don't mean to knock the game. I absolutely love this game. I've played nearly 2 dozen MMO's in the last 14 years and for me this is the best game out of all of them. I'm just being realistic
  • Options
    rumal1rumal1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe is the only way to resolve this.

To quote the fanbois: Its only Beta
  • Options
    straightkushstraightkush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As @NeverwinterGame tweeted Full Wipes are off the table but they are going to fix the issue that begin said full wipes are not going to happen.
  • Options
    clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to fix the game is to do a full wipe.
    Fix these exploits COMPLETELY then wipe.

The fact that these went on for so long is absolutely absurd. Not just from a gaming stand-point, but from a business stand-point as well. You are providing a service to us, the consumer. And to be quite frank, you've done a ****ty job so far. This 'open beta' has been absolutely atrocious to say the least. Not only has the game been completely ruined by numerous exploits, but it has given made the entire founder package idea useless.

In a normal beta, a company would wipe. This would fix the infinitely expanding list of things that have gone wrong in the game, but since you have essentially released your product by saying 'LOL nope not gonna wipe,' you are handing your consumers a horror of a product.

To not completely wipe the game would be to **** on the game's community, as well as burn your entire profit margin.
  • Options
    covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good one. a Logical solution for a illogical problem? Seriously? Ban ALL accounts that have cheated? well, there goes like1/4 to 1/2 game population down drain. Usually games that want to succeed want to keep players, good or bad, depending how bad lmao. Not lose players. Plus those that "cheated" bad-mouth game to friends in gaming community and reviewers and less people show interest, because we know cheaters don't tell the truth, everything will be cryptic this and cryptic that don't play Neverwinter:Online bro, cryptic cheated me waaahhhh!:confused: Like I said b4 long as I can keep my item mall <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I payed for, my zen I payed for and astral crystals which essentially I paid for with zen, then I say wipe. Cheaters, hackers, exploiters deserve it.
  • Options
    clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, yes, people will be angry they have to level all over again, but they will still have the majority of their customers.

If they do not, they will lose a metric ton of customers

The marginal benefit of a wipe exceeds the marginal cost.
  • Options
    latefwlatefw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As @NeverwinterGame tweeted Full Wipes are off the table but they are going to fix the issue that begin said full wipes are not going to happen.

Yes, yes. The majority of the people on the forum right now still want a wipe. I think statistically 60% is more than enough, when we are talking about 1600 players of a game with a player base that can't really be more than 6000 at this moment(this is not a fact, but a rough guess). I would be even happier if they took their time to fix all the bugs currently in the game and put the servers up again after it's all done and actually ready to start over. I don't want any ill gotten <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in my game, or I don't want to be here anymore, or spend more money to buy zen(I've already spent as much money as I would if I bought a good, ready to play game, and that is enough for me to be upset about incompetent developers).
  • Options
    psunseripsunseri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't want to re level my character, pet and professions again. I would likely just go back to WOW. It is a fun game, but I cant imagine losing everything I have just to start over again. Give me a bag a items that I can use to do dungeons, let me keep my pets and profession level, which has taken forever to get to where it is now, which is still low. Cap Astral Diamonds at like 1,00,000. I play these games for fun, but honestly with Skyrim online coming, I would not screw people that have honestly invested time into the game. I would like just wait for Skyrim to come out then do all this over a gain. But if I have an investment in the game, I would likely stick with it.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danzlyra wrote: »
    If they wipe, my husband who just bought his bear mount is gonna go ballistic. I'm not too keen on losing the items I bought with zen either. And for people who've hit 60 having to start over?!?

A wipe is going to make more people angry than happy.

And by the way, don't be fooled. "Open Beta" = the game is live and can take money on the zen market but still can still technically used the "we're just beta" tag to have bugs and unexpected downtime that no one being can complain about it.

I don't mean to knock the game. I absolutely love this game. I've played nearly 2 dozen MMO's in the last 14 years and for me this is the best game out of all of them. I'm just being realistic

if those people haven't spent any money and got the stuff and diamonds thorugh free play, I guarantee their loss isn't important compared to chargebacks and players who will no longer invest in the game.

I don't care about your husband's bear. I care about the money i blew while others gained 100 times more than i did without spending a dime. that's all I care about. I hope you get ninjad to hell for your casual lazy stupidity.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe with all ZEN refunded to players who spent it, and a restoration of the Founder's Packs rewards to those who bought them on a totally new set of shards when the game is officially "launching" after fixing all of the exploits that ruined the Open Beta. Give a gift pack to everyone, even free players as an apology. Nerf Foundry and PVP XP. Permabans for anyone who exploited.

I've sunk a lot of time into this game, but I won't stick around if they allow things to continue. Especially when real money is involved and people are being ripped off by exploiters.
  • Options
    morph2404morph2404 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe needed imo.
  • Options
    swell1swell1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a "friend" told me he used the ah exploit with the gateway since he know of it... was over a weak ago. so.... a simply "rollback" of 1-2 days wont fix it all.

its only PUPLIC since 2 days

but was used many days longer...

This^ ___Make it rain! bring the floods Old Testament style, and then promise never again

Wipe!___ The only way to ensure everyone is playing the same game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think one problem here may be that a lot of people don't understand what BETA means in gaming. Allow me to enlighten those that don't: Beta is usually a trial version of a game for a company. Betas are usually experimental and often have problems w/ them, Players can play game while In this state to assist game company in finding and fixing bugs and potential exploits as well as give suggestions for implementation of possible game ideas for when game actually goes live. So suck it up, a wipe is totally within reason in this case, all exploiters need to stop whining.:eek:
  • Options
    tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 founder's packs and if there isn't a wipe I'll happily ask for a refund as well as for the other PW games I own.
  • Options
    gorgidasgorgidas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Ban
    -delete all, complete wipe
    -delete or zen or ad
    -refound zen (or zen changed in ad)
    -improve security
    -start official game, with a good patch (new race and new class)
  • Options
    psunseripsunseri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Furthermore, I am a traditionalist. their should always be a pathway to accomplishing the same goal without having to buy ZEN. Having to buy Zen to respec is dumb. Having to buy Zen to get crafting materials is dumb. People that like grinding it out and doing it themselves should not be forced to s spend real money to do certain things that would normally be the normal course of playing the game. Charge a monthly fee I say and let me grind it out.
  • Options
    randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a purchaser of both the Founder pack and considerable amounts of Zen, this is my opinion:

1. Wipe. No if, and, or but.
    2. Using PWE purchase records, return all Zen purchased through the site (not in the game) to accounts.
    3. Permanently ban the identified accounts.
    4. Track closely for game mail between accounts where large amounts of expensive items are being trafficked. Flag and monitor them.
    5. Consider tracking as well for accounts where multiple IP addresses are being used, particularly those that can be identified as using a private VPN service for access.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    psunseri wrote: »
    Furthermore, I am a traditionalist. their should always be a pathway to accomplishing the same goal without having to buy ZEN. Having to buy Zen to respec is dumb. Having to buy Zen to get crafting materials is dumb. People that like grinding it out and doing it themselves should not be forced to s spend real money to do certain things that would normally be the normal course of playing the game. Charge a monthly fee I say and let me grind it out.

Obviously off topic, but I'll reply.

You don't have to pay real money for anything. You can make AD in the game and trade it for Zen to respec etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If a wipe means I lose my founder stuff, zen I payed for and item mall items I payed for HELL NO to wipe. UNLESS of course my account is reimbursed or cryptic gives me a total refund of item mall items I purchased and zen bought. If that stuff is not lost during a wipe or cryptic is willing to be fair if it is and reimburse players, I say DOOO EEETTT!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I really don't want to re level my character, pet and professions again. I would likely just go back to WOW. It is a fun game, but I cant imagine losing everything I have just to start over again. Give me a bag a items that I can use to do dungeons, let me keep my pets and profession level, which has taken forever to get to where it is now, which is still low. Cap Astral Diamonds at like 1,00,000. I play these games for fun, but honestly with Skyrim online coming, I would not screw people that have honestly invested time into the game. I would like just wait for Skyrim to come out then do all this over a gain. But if I have an investment in the game, I would likely stick with it.

this guy is an obvious troll, I wouldn't be surprised if he has amule account or 2 with some stuff stashed up like a nice little piggy bank too from using exploits in previous weeks more discreetly than the dbags who blew it up this weekend.

"but honestly with Skyrim online coming"
    "I would like just wait for Skyrim to come out then do all this over a gain"

Skyrim has been out for a year and a half, and it's the elder scrolls online, not skyrim online, obviously. either handicapped or being a cute little troll 'cleverly' rubbing our desire for a wipe in our faces.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love watching idiots whine and complain about others complaing. The fact is they can't wipe, they have taken money and in a sense you have leased that property. They can't take that away period. Otherwise they will have lawsuits out the ying yang.

Beside wiping won't fix the actual **** problem lol. There are lots of exploits. It will take another month to fix them all. Until then this is what we will have to deal with as they fix the problems. Deal with it... Their logs tell them everything, not all of us should have to suffer because lazy skillless people who have to cheat or exploit in order to gain.
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should have never made astral diamonds tradable. if they can change the auction house currency from AD to Gold, and add more way to get gold there will be less economic problems in the future.
  • Options
    straightkushstraightkush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The matter of the fact is there is not going to be a wipe as they stated in there twitter so that begin said

#request close topic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Obviously off topic, but I'll reply.

You don't have to pay real money for anything. You can make AD in the game and trade it for Zen to respec etc.

good luck exchanging at a reasonable rate for quite a while with much of that ad sitting on alternate accounts waiting to be pulled out once the dust has settled over this and other exploits.
    Evil, be thou my good.